Start by marking “Shadow of the Moon (Moon #5)” as Want to Read:
Shadow of the Moon (Moon #5)

Shadow of the Moon (Moon #5)

His gifts help him uncover the hot stories. But his latest investigation will take him inside a sinister world of power and pleasure, alongside a woman who knows how to bring out the animal in him...

Lance Marshall has a nose for great news stories. It's not surprising, since his werewolf abilities allow him to move with greater speed and stealth than any human. Now he's on
Mass Market Paperback, 336 pages
Published June 6th 2006 by Berkley Sensation

To ask other readers questions about Shadow of the Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shadow of the Moon

Emily
Sep 12, 2007 Emily rated it it was ok
Shelves: para-romance
I enjoy a good paranormal romance novel, but I just couldn't get into this one. It wasn't the s&m that really put me off, but more that I felt the story was written solely for the purpose of introducing the dom/sub sex scenes. It's all concentrated around a club where people can go to act out their dom/sub fantasies. While this is great, why ever would these two people need to agree to have that sort of relationship to investigate a newspaper article/murder? It was a very weak premise that c ...more
Kathy
Theresa
Apr 11, 2016 Theresa rated it really liked it
I’m giving this 4 stars simply because it has a different premise and storyline from the previous books, but the writing details and action didn’t quite go far enough to fill its potential.

Two romances: Lance Marshal: werewolf journalist & Savannah Carpenter: an artist searching for the truth behind her sister’s death. And Erica Wentworth: wealthy widow & Kevin Amsterdam: Castle ‘slave’ employee and part-time accounting student

Savannah has a bit more common sense (she makes a lot of good
Purpleholic
Jul 16, 2011 Purpleholic rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading about a 'good' werewolf who has convictions and beliefs and doesn't want to hunt people. The story line didn't say anything about if those bitten would change or if they only were born but it still rocked. I like the way the story held it's own but still referred to the continueing nature of the series. I didn't feel like I didn't know what was going on just because I hadn't read any of the previous books, which let me tell you, is a great feeling. I had picked up 2 book ...more
Monique
Sep 13, 2015 Monique rated it it was ok
I wasn't a fan of this installment of the Moon Series. The books is about the investigation of a sex club and most of the story was about (you guessed it) sex. Very little action, as far as the plot was concerned. A few new interesting characters, but it made me wonder: had I missed a book? The "other" world, while perhaps interesting in theory fell flat in the actual storytelling. -- then there were two (more) new characters that we learned very little about and had nothing to do with the outco ...more
Katrina Knittle
Oct 27, 2013 Katrina Knittle rated it liked it
Decent read for a werewolf book. Read this before realizing it was part of a series. The pace of the book is pretty fast. This book had a bit of s&m in it, that wasn't too terrible. At times it did become a little corny ,but it was easy to get past those moments. Lance and Savannah are both good lead characters. Definitely must check out the others.
elissa
Jun 04, 2014 elissa rated it liked it
Recommends it for: people who don't mind some s&m with their romance
A little over the edge for me in the sex scenes department (probably partly because it was written by my mom--but honestly if I want to read graphic sex, I'd prefer Penthouse Forum), but still a good read.
Dolores
Feb 11, 2013 Dolores rated it liked it
Held the basic story lines as previous ones in series, but had a bit of a different set pace. In each book, I am learning that you learn a little about the main Marshall character but learn about the family as a whole even more.
Rachel
May 21, 2008 Rachel rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, romance
Yeah finally an S&M book, teehee. This book is a great break from her more "normal" plots. She definitely goes on the wild side writing about "the Castle." Easy read, continuous action, great pull-it-all-together ending.
SJuhl4
Mar 22, 2011 SJuhl4 rated it it was ok
Shelves: paranormal
While the Moon books started out pretty good the introduction of a "other" world just threw it for me. Didn't not like this new twist to the Were novels.
Corryn
Mar 19, 2016 Corryn rated it it was ok
This is just not my cup of tea. Unfortunately the story is considerably overshadowed by all the S&M in the book. Too much! I'm have lost my interest in the series. Too bad.
Blair
Blair rated it it was amazing
Feb 01, 2013
Christina Colombo
Christina Colombo rated it really liked it
Sep 02, 2014
Tracy
Tracy rated it liked it
Aug 07, 2011
Sarah rated it liked it
Jul 29, 2009
Liz
Liz rated it really liked it
Jun 18, 2010
Amy
Amy rated it really liked it
Apr 19, 2012
Courtney
Courtney rated it it was ok
Dec 20, 2013
Alex
Alex rated it really liked it
Jun 10, 2012
Suzanne
Suzanne rated it it was ok
Jun 09, 2012
Beckey
Beckey rated it liked it
May 17, 2011
Arika
Arika rated it really liked it
Oct 11, 2012
Michelle
Michelle rated it liked it
Sep 13, 2015
Sara
Sara rated it really liked it
Jun 11, 2014
Angela Dossett
Angela Dossett rated it it was amazing
Mar 29, 2014
Mauricia
Mauricia rated it it was ok
Jun 24, 2015
Opal
Opal rated it really liked it
Mar 24, 2012
Cc
Cc rated it it was ok
Nov 19, 2009
Yu
Yu rated it it was amazing
Sep 09, 2012
Jenna
Jenna rated it liked it
Jul 09, 2011
  • Elemental Magic (Moon #6.5; Rai-Kirah #0.5 )
  • Hunter's Moon (Nightcreature, #2)
  • Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter: The Laughing Corpse Ultimate Collection
  • Night of the Tiger (Hades' Carnival, #1)
  • Kiss of a Dark Moon (Moon Chasers, #2)
  • A Taste of Crimson (Crimson City, #2)
  • The Lure of the Wolf (Shadowmen #2)
  • Hunter's Need (Hunters, #12)
  • Primal Needs (Primes, #7)
  • To Tempt the Wolf (Heart of the Wolf, #3)
  • Haunting Ellie
  • In Twilight's Shadow (Light Warriors #2)
  • Heart Of The Jaguar (Morgan's Mercenaries, #9)
  • Running Wild (Wild,  #1-3)
  • Beneath a Darkening Moon (Ripple Creek Werewolf, #2)
  • Edge of Danger (T-FLAC, #8)
Ruth Glick (born 1942) is a best-selling author of healthy cookbooks and has also written dozens of romantic suspense romance novels under the pen name Rebecca York.

Ruth earned a B.A. in American Thought and Civilization from George Washington University and an M.A. in American Studies from the University of Maryland. Although she always wanted to become a writer, Glick was convinced that her lack
More about Rebecca York...

Moon (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Killing Moon (Moon #1)
  • Edge of the Moon (Moon #2)
  • Witching Moon (Moon #3)
  • Burning Moon (Moon, #3.5)
  • Crimson Moon (Moon #4)
  • New Moon (Moon #6)
  • Huntress Moon (Moon, #6.5)
  • Ghost Moon (Moon #7)