Start by marking “The Girls' Ghost Hunting Guide” as Want to Read:
The Girls' Ghost Hunting Guide

The Girls' Ghost Hunting Guide

What was that noise? The cat? The wind?
Little brother stealing a peek at your diary?
Or is it a ghost?

The Girls' Ghost Hunting Guide will help you identify the creepy crawlers from the spooky spirits, the howling winds fromt he haunting phantoms. And with this guide you can learn from real experts how to investigate and contact your very own ghosts!

Everything a girl need

Published May 1st 2012 by Sourcebooks Jabberwocky

To ask other readers questions about The Girls' Ghost Hunting Guide, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Girls' Ghost Hunting Guide

Chapter by Chapter
Jun 01, 2012 Chapter by Chapter rated it liked it
Ladies, think back to when you were a kid, remember all those horror movies you would watch with your parent/guardian and the creepy shivers you would get? Do you remember how in your waking world you could tell yourself it wasn’t real but once it was time to go to bed every single bump in the night suddenly became the shuffling of a zombie? Every whoosh of air was a ghost moving through the air and every dream involved either being chased or a more dangerous version of Thriller, do you remember ...more
Ashelynn
Apr 27, 2012 Ashelynn rated it really liked it
full review on my blog.

I loved The Girls’ Ghost Hunting Guide by Stacey Graham. It was such a quick spooky read, and I’ve learned a lot about ghost hunting! Like did you know that hanging wind chimes in the most haunted room might alert you when a ghost enters? Totally awesome. There were so many things in this little book that I want to try out—especially the recipes!

One of the best things I really liked were the interviews. The first interview is about a woman who is clairsentient, clairaudien
Angelc
May 12, 2012 Angelc rated it really liked it
Shelves: already-own-read
I'm a big fan of spooky ghost stories, and there are a lot of ghost stories and urban legends throughout this book. It's not all ghost stories though, there is a large portion of the book devoted to going out and doing your own ghost investigation. There are a lot of practical and fun tips for young girls (and not so young girls!).

The book itself is so cute, it's printed on shiny paper with cute designs on every page, when I was expecting plain black and white. The sections go really quickly and
Liviania
Jul 31, 2012 Liviania rated it really liked it
This is a super cute book for young girls who love ghosts. (Although clearly aimed at girls, there are some young boys who would probably enjoy it too if they're willing to look past the pink.) Stacey Graham clearly knows her ghost hunting!

Now, I love ghost stories but I'm not a big believer in ghosts. Therefore, I liked features like the urban legends and recipes best. I loved the chapter on how to write and tell your own ghost stories. There are also interesting facts about things like gravest
Moonlight Gleam
Jun 18, 2012 Moonlight Gleam rated it it was amazing
The Girls’ Ghost Hunting Guide begins with a brief history on ghosts and when ghost sightings first began. Then the book immediately shifts to describing signals for people to keep a lookout for when searching for or accidentally coming into contact with ghosts, like how our pets can sense that ghosts are near and what kind of reactions they would have. This is followed by various ghost stories and legends.

The Girls' Ghost Hunting Guide is such a cute read and I personally enjoyed reading everyt
Cheyenne Teska
Oct 20, 2012 Cheyenne Teska rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, reviewed, for-review
The Girls' Ghost Hunting Guide is a quick and entertaining for readers of all ages. The author covers a ton of information, from the basics right down to what it would take to conduct your very own ghost hunt. Not only was the book helpful and enjoyable, I thought it was absolutely adorable.

Whether you're a believer or not, I think anyone will be able to find something they enjoy in The Girls' Ghost Hunting Guide. Not only does it teach you how to become a ghost hunter, the book is filled with
Savannah (Books With Bite)
Jun 18, 2012 Savannah (Books With Bite) rated it really liked it
This would have been one of the books I bought at the book fairs. When I was little, I used to love reading R.L . Stine Goosebumps as well the Kathrine Applegate Animorphs, those were my favorite. Come to think of it, even now I still read those types of stories. LOL!

This book has great insider information. There's information on what to do on a haunting. Like what to bring, (camera, flashlight, etc), what to look for, where you should go. It fun's and easy to read. There is also information of
The Bumble Girl {Margie}
Jul 03, 2012 The Bumble Girl {Margie} rated it really liked it
I adore this book to pieces! And not only because it is the cutest pink/black book I have every seen!

When I was a kid, I was always so curious about ghosts and always wished to use one of those Ouija boards just to see what would happen. Of course, I was always too afraid to actually buy one or use one (just like I am now, lol!) This little book would have been the perfect substitute for it!

This adorable guide, written by a real ghost hunter expert, explains how to go about looking for ghosts in
Regan
Jan 06, 2013 Regan rated it it was amazing
Stacey Graham's, "The Girls' Ghost Hunting Guide" is a great guide for young girls; from youth to teenage. It's wonderfully written, entertaining, and creative enough to keep the attention of girls who are interested in the paranormal. Paranormal programming and media is the highest it have ever been in the last ten years, and with that rise comes more and more younger folks interesting in poking around haunted locations. This book helps educate in a fun and pleasant way; so much I am sure even ...more
E. Anderson
May 10, 2012 E. Anderson rated it liked it
Ghost hunting might not be every tween girl's idea of a perfect sleepover activity. But for the chicks who are into all things bump-in-the-night, THE GIRLS' GHOST HUNTING GUIDE is a sure fit for summer fun. Written by a legit ghost hunter, and adorably organized into bite-sized chapters, Stacey Graham's book is nothing if not super fun.

Okay, it's also spooky. But the girls who watch Ghost Hunters and Ghost Adventures on their DVRs are probably aching to get out and do a little ghost hunting them
Marcie
Jun 05, 2012 Marcie rated it it was amazing

The Girl's Ghost Hunting Guide by Stacey Graham isn't what I thought it would be. I thought it would be cute stories and tricks that would be shared during a slumber party, or the like. I didn't realize until I started reading it that it is an actual ghost hunting guide. If you're familiar with the television show, Ghost Hunters, you know exactly what I'm talking about. I was pleasantly surprised by this book.
The first thing I want to do is give Stacy Graham a high-five for pointing out and emph
Kitty Honeycutt
Sep 21, 2012 Kitty Honeycutt rated it it was amazing
Book Title: "The Girl’s Ghost Hunting Guide”
Author: Stacey Graham
Published By: Sourcebooks/Jabberwocky
Age Recommended: 10+
Reviewed By: Kitty Bullard
Raven Rating: 5

Review: “The Girl’s Ghost Hunting Guide” is a delightful little book full of informative ideas on how to have spooky fun with your friends. This book is not only a guide to ghost hunting but a treasure of urban legends and ghost stories from the past that have always been favorites to tell around a campfire or at a sleepover.
You’ll en
Krystal
Jun 15, 2012 Krystal rated it really liked it
Shelves: will-trade
This ghostly handbook is perfect for young teens planning a spooky sleepover. This cute cartooned guide includes interviews with psychic ghost hunters, explains mid -1800s spirit photographs, recounts the story of “Resurrection Mary” and “Bloody Mary” (stories I’ve heard since childhood), includes recipes and jokes, suggests spooky movies, and much more. Some of the explanations and stories seem aimed at an older crowd too. My husband finds cemeteries interesting; he liked the list of tombstone ...more
Kayla Eklund
Jun 27, 2012 Kayla Eklund rated it it was amazing
The Girls' Ghost Hunting Guide was a fun book. It's a non-fiction middle grade novel that teaches how to hunt ghosts. It also teaches how to document ghost sightings. It is a little creepy to think about tracking ghosts, but it sounds like fun to try. I like the fact that the author uses interviews with professional ghost hunters to validate everything she says. The ghost hunters also give their opinions on which tools and methods they like best. From the first page of the book, the author's wit ...more
Kim Heimbuch
Apr 16, 2013 Kim Heimbuch rated it really liked it
Reviewed by Avery, my 9yr old daughter for City Book Review

The Girls’ Ghost Hunting Guide was a lot like the TV show “The Ghost Hunters.” I thought it was going to be stories about ghosts, but...

Additional Review by myself, Kim-
Stacey Graham packs this little book with so much information, checklists, tools, quizzes, and urban legends to give all blossoming ghost hunters the tools needed to be on their way to becoming a successful ghost hunter like the professionals.

For Kim's review visit http:
Melanie Hooyenga
Nov 05, 2012 Melanie Hooyenga rated it it was amazing
While I'm not the target audience, The Girls' Ghost-Hunting Guide made me want to poke around a cemetery (in the daylight because I'm a wimp) to see what's rustling behind the headstones. Stacey has a knack for simultaneously making you laugh out loud and look over your shoulder to see who's breathing on your neck.
Alyssa Goodnight
Apr 13, 2012 Alyssa Goodnight rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012
Loved it! Wished I was a twelve-year-old girl again, living near a haunted house, and pals with a few girls braver than I. (I'd be the one reading the recipe pages, ready to curl up in my sleeping bag and take notes.) I loved the historical ghost stories interspersed with games, suggestions, recipes, and ghostie advice! This could inspire some FUN slumber parties!
Alejandra
Alejandra rated it it was amazing
Nov 18, 2012
Bindi
Bindi rated it really liked it
Aug 16, 2012
Genna
Genna rated it liked it
Aug 18, 2012
Jenn Greenleaf
Jenn Greenleaf rated it it was amazing
Oct 18, 2014
Susan
Susan rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2012
Shelly
Shelly rated it it was amazing
Sep 25, 2012
Poisongirl 0101
DNFed. the book is cool, but it really is for kids...
Colleen
Colleen rated it really liked it
May 18, 2012
Amy
Amy rated it it was amazing
Nov 05, 2012
Stacey Graham
Sep 18, 2012 Stacey Graham rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Marcela
Marcela rated it it was amazing
Oct 03, 2012
Dorothy
Dorothy rated it it was amazing
Jul 10, 2014
Marsh&Emiline
Marsh&Emiline rated it really liked it
May 20, 2012
  • Eloah's Amulet (Book 1 of 4)
  • Audition & Subtraction
  • The Crooked House: The Lilith Chronicles Book I
  • Insight
  • Stuck
  • Growing Happy Kids: How to Foster Inner Confidence, Success, and Happiness
  • Spelling Trouble (The Misadventures of Salem Hyde, #1)
  • Drain You
  • Hearts of Darkness (Deadglass, #1)
  • Reapers with Issues
  • Substitute Creature (Tales from Lovecraft Middle School, #4)
  • Broken
  • Chasing Watermelons
Stacey is an associate agent with Red Sofa Literary, the author of four books, and a rag-tag collection of short stories. You can currently find her scaring the pants off of readers with her latest book, Haunted Stuff: Demonic Dolls, Screaming Skulls, and Other Creepy Collectibles. She intends on returning the pants at a later date.
More about Stacey Graham...