Start by marking “Anew (The Archers of Avalon, #1)” as Want to Read:
Anew (The Archers of Avalon, #1)

Anew (The Archers of Avalon #1)

3.93  ·  Rating Details ·  13,344 Ratings  ·  966 Reviews
Two years ago, Scarlet awoke in the forest alone, afraid, and unable to remember anything. Lost and confused, her life was a mystery...until she met a boy with a familiar voice.

Gabriel Archer has a voice from her past, and Scarlet's determined to remember why. She immerses herself in his life only to discover he has a brother he's kept hidden from her: Tristan Archer.

Upo
Published December 7th 2011 by Firefall Publishing (first published December 5th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Anew, please sign up.

Ⓐⓢⓗⓛⓔⓨ Hmmm, sort of but not like typical love triangles. Its funny and a mystery in a way... Its not annoying, trust me. These books are amazing and very…moreHmmm, sort of but not like typical love triangles. Its funny and a mystery in a way... Its not annoying, trust me. These books are amazing and very original. (less)

Navessa

Once again I find myself in the minority. To be fair, I think this is a “It’s me, not you” situation.

Let me start by saying that for an independent book I thought this was above par as far as writing and editing were concerned and I thought the premise was pretty original. I was intrigued in the beginning, drawn in by the questions the book made me ask myself. Why does it hurt when Tristan is away from Scarlet? Why is she going to die? What is this curse you speak of?

But unfortunately, I quickl
Natalie
Apr 14, 2012 Natalie rated it liked it
“Of course.”
“Why?”
“Because I’m the family bad guy

ENCHANTING, SPECTACULAR, GLORIOUS, THRILLING. ONE. OF. THE. BEST SUPERNATURAL BOOKS. I. HAVE. EVER. READ. FORBIDDEN LOVE. TWO BROTHERS. ONE LOVE TRIANGLE.

This book starts with a boom. A fifteen year old girl wakes up in the forest. Alone and scared. How did she get there? Who is she? And why doesnt she remember anything?

Two years later and she still has no
Brenna
Dec 08, 2012 Brenna rated it really liked it
Recommended to Brenna by: Megan • Reading Books Like a Boss
Charming, addictive story that completely stole my heart! With a unique and intriguing storyline, likeable characters, and great writing, this was a much needed breath of fresh air!

Anew starts off with our heroine, Scarlet waking up in the woods with no recollection of who she is or how she got there. Fast forward two years and she is living a comfortable life in small town Georgia just like any other seventeen-year-old girl. A night at the Annual Avalon Kissing Festival changes everything.

When
Bri
Dec 03, 2011 Bri rated it it was amazing
Oh man, I enjoyed this book. I was engrossed the whole time, and each chapter just seemed to get better and better. The writing is phenomenal, the story is original, and Fine’s storytelling is topnotch. And I cannot forget about the cliffhanger! At first, I thought that my e-book was incomplete, but when I found out that was the end, I was partially stupefied and partially enraged. Why of all places did she have to end the book THERE??

description
Oh, no, she didn’t!

As far as cliffhangers are concerned (and
Melissa (Ever So Mela)
Awry: Book 2 review

Dear Lord, from start to finish this was this was severely lacking in originality. If you've just a handful of YA novels you could predict down to the last exclamation point everything that would happen. And I mean everything.

We have the special snowflake...Scarlet
“Do you think it’s weird to kiss someone you barely know?”
No, it’s perfectly normal and gives us a fantastic excuse to make out. Kiss me!
“Totally weird,” she said, immediately wanting to slap herself.
He nodded s
Stormy
Jan 13, 2012 Stormy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-loves
WARNING: Possible Spoilers :)

Shot through the heart
Chelsea Fine, you really pierced my heart with this one. ♥

Omg, I don't know where to start. I loved it!
Not just loved it...LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVED IT!
I really liked the writing. The story is original.
AND I am tripping over the CLIFFHANGER!
I can make about one prediction that I had
since the beginning of the book and
I'm pretty positive I am right about it.
(view spoiler)

Now, let me tell you what makes this story.
Well, not what, WHO.
Chelsea ❤Peril Please❤ (of BADGER and Snake)
*4.5 Stars*

And an absolutely SHAMAZING buddy read with all the most wonderful girls- Anna, Harriet, Jen, Portia, Elena, Maria, and Laura ♥ ♥ ♥

”Life isn’t about the past and the future. It’s about today. It’s about five minutes from now and two seconds ago. It’s moments, you know? Not years. Years aren’t what define us.”

Wow. Wow. Wow. The vast amount of emotions I felt for this story astounds me. I’m not going to lie-when I was asked to read this, I wasn’t sure how it was going to go. I was ha
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘ (of badger and SNAKE)

Look, I know this book has been labelled as Cheesy YA I'm too old for that shit maybe there is instalove in it *gasp*, and you know what? I don't care.

You want to know why? Take a seat. But Watch out! This review may deal with *whisper* feelings. Ugh, I know, big big words.

1) Well, let's meet Tristan first. You know, this guy dressed in black in the beginning. Yep. This one. The broody guy. The one we meet during the first scene, who screams "hello, I'm a complete stereotype !!" - but we lov
Sam
Dec 23, 2012 Sam rated it really liked it

I found Anew through my goodreads recommendations and I was not disappointed at all. It caught my eye at first because it was unique. No werewolves or vampires. (not that I have anything against that) And also it didn’t give too much away in the description. I’ve noticed in many books where the back of the book gives you half of the plot before you even open the book. Anew gave me enough to make me curious but not too much where I already know what’s going to happen. The protagonist of our stor
Sumaya
Feb 17, 2012 Sumaya rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hot-guy
OMFGOMFGOMFG I FINALLY GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!
ahahahahahahhahahaha eeeeeeeeee omfgomfgomfg cannot express how excited i am... after those quotes and reviews from this book... OMFG!!!!!!!! xD
After having read it
(view spoiler)
Kaitlin
May 13, 2015 Kaitlin rated it really liked it
My First Impression
It started by showing Scarlet waking up and only knowing her name and age, then it moved onto a surprising scene. She was at a Kissing Festival that sounded really weird and just sooooo not like something I be comfortable at, but hey, Scarlet felt the same way. She was pretty wary of this festival that her friend forced her to go to, but kinda grew to like it after she met a hot guy with a voice that seemed . . . familiar. She started dating that guy (Gabriel Archer--super nic
Rachmi
Jan 01, 2013 Rachmi rated it it was amazing
My goodreads friends, my first 5 shining stars of 2013 goes to....

First of all I want to thank my friend Sarah, who convinced me to read this book A-S-A-P *Heather mode*. Although it wasn’t as soon as possible as I wanted to, I'm glad I read it now when I have all of the series so that I don’t need to wait longer for the sequels. And most of all thank you to Ms. Chelsea Fine who wrote this amazing book that without a doubt will be on my favorite series shelf and I will definitely read it again a
Debbie I Heart YA Books
ANEW. What can I say about this novel? Oh, yeah, I LOVE THIS BOOK! Chelsea Fine has just totally set my heart on fire with this amazingly fresh love triangle and storyline. Chelsea Fine has definitely penned a one of a kind story with the gorgeous Archer brothers and forever love of Scarlet. I'm sitting here trying to think how I can give Fine a review that will give her the praise she deserves as the talented writer that she is. And truth is, I will not do this story justice. I can only say I l ...more
Belinda Flavall
Jan 02, 2012 Belinda Flavall rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
What an awesome story! It was so beautiful, kind of a beautiful sad. The characters are in pain, but you still love it all the same. The originality of the story line hooked me from the very beginning and kept me up well past midnight!

I hardly ever believe in love triangles, not many authors can pull it off. It’s always painfully obvious who the leading lady should be with. But this one was different. I can see how Scarlet might be confused about how she feels. One brother loves her utterly and
Noémy
Apr 03, 2012 Noémy rated it it was ok
Meh. I give this one a 2,5 stars rating. It's really not a bad book : I enjoyed the writing and (some) of the characters (namely Heather and Tristan, the latter being the main reason I kept reading, I thought that Gabriel, the main "love interest" was boring) but I felt like nothing of real significance happened. Seriously, there was little action, the big reveal took forever to unravel and that REALLY frustrated me. Scarlett started off as a strong character but started annoying me once she lea ...more
Booknut

This book was amazing - I'm at a loss for words (plus I have an assessment tomorrow!) so I'll cut my losses and review it later :D
Maria (highinthebooksky)
Feb 27, 2014 Maria (highinthebooksky) rated it it was amazing
noooo it cant end like that!!!!!

didn't expect to like it THAT much but I DID!!!!
it really was a fast paced story with lovable charcaters and a captivating curse!
let me just tell you how much I loved Tristan!!! he was argh!perfection ! there is no other word to describe him better ! tortured soul?check! love- hate relationship? check! moody and sexy ? double check! looove hiiim!
and although he has. a brother who looks exactly like him I just have to emphasize how much better Tristan was! duuuh
Jen (in her Unicorn Bubble)
Buddy read with Chelsea, Harriet, Laura, Alienortothemoon ♥, Portia, Elena & Maria

I was hooked from the very first page. Anew sunk it’s claws deep into my heart, and I am still in shock over how much this book made me feel. The sarcastic humor had me constantly laughing, the undercurrent of mystery and love had me turning the pages as fast as possible and the characters warmed and angered my heart. Anew completely captivated me, and I never wanted to leave the town of Avalon.

It would happen.
Lucy
Aug 07, 2013 Lucy rated it really liked it
*4.75/5*

Before I begin to ramble about this amazing book, let me tell you one thing: I do not want write this review right now Why? Not because I don’t have much to say about it (yeah in fact I could talk about the plot and the characters, especially TRISTAN for hours…), no it’s because I so want to read the sequel straight away that I have trouble to think about something else!

Having say that, it’s my duty to tell you why this book is so awesome and make sure everyone who will read this revi
Lalaine *myficbookreviews*
Dec 15, 2011 Lalaine *myficbookreviews* rated it it was amazing

"What was the point of living if only to die? Her eyes still closed, Scarlet listened to the forest."

Dark, cute, heartbreaking and hot hot hot immortals! I want more!

I EFFIN LOVED THIS BOOK! I was kind of avoiding books about souls reincarnation thingo these days,not many authors can pull this off. But this book was actually quite a pleasant surprise! A romance that will pull at your heartstrings. Chelsea Fine did an amazing job weaving a beautiful (but tinged with sadness) story about a mysteri
Thamy
Apr 10, 2012 Thamy rated it it was amazing
I have read a lot of books throughout the years and I came to a point where not much surprises me or intrigues me but I have to say this.... Holy cow, Chelsea Fine had me intrigued about her story and asking myself how the story would unfold.
Starting with the characters names, loved them, loved their names, their personalities, their vulnerability, in fact I am very much in love with them, even Nate owns a special place in my heart now and I want a happy ending for everybody.
About the plot, Che
Hannah
Oct 10, 2016 Hannah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Girl meets boy. Boy has brother. Girl dates boy while secretly wanting brother. Comes to find out girl and brothers share a past. Remind you of another series? This love triangle stuff with siblings is getting old. It NEVER ends well. Overall this wasn't a bad book. However, due to this love triangle involving brothers I will not continue. I'm pretty sure she will choose the asshole brother. Isn't that how it always goes?
Giselle *Hopeless Book Lover*
When i read finished reading this book, all that came to mind was "OHMIGODOHMIGOD" I seriously was dying to get my hands on the next one. I loved it so much i had to tell someone about it so i woke up my cousin and told here about the whole novel. Seriously. The forbidden romance, and the love triangle, the crazy, witty bestfriend, and the boy, in my book all equal to a great novel! So if you enjoy romantic mysterious books, go buy this one! XOXO
Michelle Madow
Dec 11, 2011 Michelle Madow rated it it was amazing
Loved this! Especially the two guys ... they were both awesome, but right now I'm Team Tristan.
And OMG at the cliffhanger!! I need to read the next one NOW!
Apr 09, 2013 Laura rated it it was amazing
October 2nd, 2014:
Doing a buddy read with the lovelies Chelsea, Elena, Jen, Harriet, Maria, Portia and Alienortothemoon ♥

4,5 his-jaw-line-is-delicious-stars!

Sigh.. this was beautiful! I forgot how easy it is to get lost in the world of the Archer of Avalon. Everything about it - the characters, the plot, the twists - it's all so much fun! That's exactly what Anew is, an extremely fun read!

"Life isn't about the past and the future. It's about today. It's about five minutes from now and two secon
Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-»

***I would like to thank Chelsea Fine and her publisher Karen Gray for providing a review copy in exchange for a honest review.***

Ever since I heard about Anew, I couldn’t wait to dig into it. I was drawn to the three things that everyone falls for when reading an engaging and fresh paranormal YA book - the mystery, the exquisitely developed characters and the romance - and they definitely did not disappoint! It had a very unique twist to the paranormal aspect, which is never a bad thing, so I
Jacob Proffitt
I am well and truly sick of unresolved love triangles. The writing of this book is good enough. The characters are strongly presented and the story progresses right along. But I had two problems with the book and they dropped my enjoyment immensely.

First, as I said above, love triangles are completely overdone right now and I just don't feel like tolerating another. I like Gabriel and setting him up against his brother is just cheap. Yeah, you can see they're both sincerely devoted to Scarlet, b
Elena
Oct 01, 2014 Elena rated it liked it
Whaaaaaaaaaat! A book can't end like that! It just can't.
Well..it obviously did, but still! That is so mean!
Anew was an amazing and incredible ride, if you're looking for a paranormal romance novel.
I definitely hate love triangles, but in this case it didn't bother me that much. (I know who my baby is...TRISTAAAAAAAAAN)
The characters were really interesting, especially of course Tristan, and so adorable. Cough Tristan cough
Anyway I think by now you got that Tristan was my favourite characte
Viola Desiati
Nov 28, 2013 Viola Desiati rated it really liked it
Non credo che questa recensione sia in grado di esprimere cosa ho provato leggendo questo libro. E non credo nemmeno che sia in grado di farla una recensione ragionata e/o critica, quindi darò via a uno sclero che vi dovrete sorbire e se avrete coraggio, affronterete fino alla fine:
1. (la mia gemella cattiva è amante degli ordinati elenchi puntati-numerati)Non sapevo cosa aspettarmi quando iniziai il libro, avevo letto Archers of Avalon, avevo letto Tristan, ciò che mi aspettavo era un riferimen
AJ
I went into this really not knowing what to expect, but suspecting it would be one of those little hidden gems that are really great but, for some reason, don’t seem to get a lot of attention. I was right :)

I’m going to be deliberately vague here so as not to give away spoilers, but this is an intriguing and original YA PNR that twists and turns and kept me on edge and guessing the whole way through the story.

The book begins with Scarlet waking up alone in the forest with no memory except her
Tristan or Gabriel???? 44 209 Apr 12, 2016 06:11PM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Anew (The Archers of Avalon #1) by Chelsea Fine--Starting March 5th, 2016 19 16 Mar 06, 2016 09:44PM
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 14, 2015 11:20AM
TFP Fanwarrior Bo...: Anew (The Archers of Avalon, #1) 1 4 Jan 12, 2015 07:46PM
Shamazing Buddy Read <3 440 39 Jan 10, 2015 09:20PM
OHMYGOSH 2 9 Nov 24, 2014 02:13PM
  • Gideon's Promise (Son's of Judgment, #2)
  • Angelblood (Dark Angel, #4)
  • What Tomorrow May Bring
  • Wanderlove (Wanderlove, #1)
  • Scorched Skies (Fire Spirits, #2)
  • Endless Magic (Star-Crossed, #4)
  • Feudlings (Fate on Fire, #1)
  • Mortal Obligation (Dark Betrayal Trilogy, #1)
  • Time Mends (Timber Wolves Trilogy, #2)
  • Destiny's Fire (Kythan Guardians)
I write, I paint, I drink coffee and I love superheroes. I fail at cooking and putting laundry away and I have a minor addiction to reading. Okay, major. Friend me!
More about Chelsea Fine...

The Archers of Avalon (3 books)
  • Awry (The Archers of Avalon, #2)
  • Avow (The Archers of Avalon, #3)

“Tristan was silent for a few moments, looking at the leaves before them. "Life isn't about the past and the future. It's about today." He paused. "It's about five minutes from now and two seconds ago. It's moments, you know? Not years. Years aren't what define us.” 154 likes
“Gabriel glanced down. “Seriously, Tristan? You drive around with a trunk full of weapons?”
“Of course.”
“Why?”
“Because I’m the family bad guy.”
148 likes