Start by marking “Shake, Rattle, and Roll (Siren Publishing Classic Manlove)” as Want to Read:
Shake, Rattle, and Roll (Siren Publishing Classic Manlove)

Shake, Rattle, and Roll (Siren Publishing Classic Manlove)

3.63  ·  Rating Details  ·  350 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
[Siren Classic ManLove: Erotic Alternative Contemporary Romance, M/M, spanking] Mickey, a male prostitute, needed some way to survive on the streets. But after a few years in the business, he grows tired of sleeping with nameless strangers. After getting smacked around by someone he thought cared about him, Mickey decides to quit the business, take his nest egg, and leave ...more
Published September 1st 2011 by Siren Publishing (first published July 18th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Shake, Rattle, and Roll, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shake, Rattle, and Roll

Serena Yates
Jul 18, 2011 Serena Yates rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gay
I really liked this story about post-earthquake chaos in San Francisco and the group of men fighting their way out of it. It's a typical Stormy Glenn in that there is the bigger, stronger man who discovers he wants to take care of the smaller guy. It is atypical in the sense that this physically smaller guy has quite the ability to stand up for himself.

Mickey has just decided to retire from being a prostitute when disaster strikes. In more ways than one. The earthquake shakes him up, but running
Rachel
Stormy Glenn can be a hit or miss author for me, and this one just didn't do it for me at all. Mickie and Vinnie went from not knowing or trusting each other to "baby" this and "baby" that. So, not my favorite from her.
Beck
Aug 17, 2013 Beck rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: meh, mm, rent-boys
"Arrrrrgggggghhhhh" ... that was the sound of me falling through the plot holes ... don't read any further if you don't want spoilers ... you have a bike ride that takes HOURS, an argument ensues & lover boy storms off & manages to end up back in his home neighborhood in three minutes ... I shit you not ... THEN we get the dreaded insta-love with the added benefit of conflicting messages ... (not direct quotes but near enough) ... "I'm going to get my name tattooed on your arse so everyo ...more
Candice
Plot Hole City. Oh man :(

(view spoiler)

photo tumblr_llxl9oItHx1qii6tmo1_500_zps659badbe.gif

Best part was Ms. Dixie and even she was too unbelie
Alisha
I generally like most of Stormy Glenn's books. They aren't great, but they're light and easy reads. This was the worst one I've ever read from her. Or maybe it was good. It depends on how much I can stifle my normal reactions to plot holes and an utter unbelievable series of events. The writing was fine, sweet, and cute. The hooker character was a sweetheart and interesting. His new biker boyfriend though, his behavior at the beginning tainted the rest of the story. How can you root for a charac ...more
Pam
Aug 10, 2011 Pam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mickey's a sweet, recently retired male hooker and Vinne's a protective owner of a motorcycle shop who meet during the chaos following a huge quake in San Francisco. Their relationship doesn't start off well but the author uses some interesting secondary characters...a biker friend and the elderly neighbor...to pull them together. The description of the destruction in the city is pretty good and is the problems they had getting away.

Mickey and Vinnie got together quickly and while the time span
Janie
Jul 06, 2015 Janie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m-romance
Funny that when I finally like a 4-5 star book it's not rated well by others, but I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I cried off and on in the beginning. I fell in love with how Vinnie was taking care of sweet Micky. Micky was an incredibly beautiful and heartbreaking character who had a hard life and did whatever it took to survive.
Amy C.
Sep 05, 2013 Amy C. rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m-published
Hmm I'm not sure what to think with this book... I like the idea but I don't think it was executed well. You kinda just have to go with it and not dwell on some of the ridiculous plot holes. I like insta-love in some of my books but this was just a bit too unbelievable. Also, I live in San Francisco and I thought I would make a personal connection because of that but I didn't. In fact, it made me a bit scared to live here in case there's an earthquake. Except I don't think the city will turn int ...more
Becky Condit
The story appears to be a set up for a series set in the small Idaho town, where by the end of the book, everyone (except Abusive Boyfriend) decide to live. The story drags a bit, just getting out of San Francisco and on the highway north. The end comes with HFN for everyone and we’ll have to wait for the next installment to find out what happens next to a group of gay bikers, an elderly woman who likes whiskey, and a male ex-prostitute in a small Idaho town. I’m expecting the stories that I ass ...more
Cecilia Rodriguez

More like 2.5 stars

Typical Stormy Glenn, I agree lots of plot holes.
Gwengwel
adrienne
typical Stormy Glenn serial romance. nothing fantastic, nothing so bad it can't be finished. what is typical Stormy Glenn? imagine a shorter harlequin romance but with no t&a (see, i was going to write no surprise pregnancies, but... yeah.).

out of sheer laziness, i will be using this as my template for all serials by UNLESS motivated otherwise by markedly good/bad writing:
stormy glenn
Scarlet Hyacinth
joyee flynn
sunny day
lynn hagen
carol lynne
gabrielle evans

i'd apologize, but i'm not sorry.
Raevyn
Mar 11, 2013 Raevyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013

I liked the world that was built and the sense of family I got from Mickey and Ms. Dixie. The group of guys that were with Vinnie seemed to be another small family. The characters were pretty good and I enjoyed getting to know them separately as well. Overall, it was a sweet story, but I was a little irritated with the insta-love and the fact that it seemed unfinished. There seemed to be a set-up for another book, but so far nothing has come out.
CB
May 19, 2015 CB rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An fun story based on an earthquake that has not happened (but could!). It's an easy read for enjoyment, if you look for inconsistencies or flaws in the story that don't make sense, you will find them but overall an enjoyable read with sexy characters.
Ashley Cox
Jul 19, 2011 Ashley Cox rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
Ehh, definitely not one of my favorites from this author — everything just moved waaaay too quick for me and the resulted in Vinnie and Mickey's relationship coming off as almost some kind of joke.
Blackravens Reviews
3.5 Ravens. ...this is a character-driven story, not a highly erotic m/m book To read this review in its entirety, please visit http://www.blackravensreviews.com/?p=...
Elayne
Feb 14, 2015 Elayne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-bought-books
Post earthquake Cailfornia. I really liked this story. Mickey and Vinnie are lovable characters, Vinnie's crew are excellent sidekicks, but I really loved Miss Dixie.
Tina
Jul 18, 2011 Tina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-erotic, m-m
Stormy hasn't let me down yet!! I really enjoyed this book. And love her secondary character even more. I'm 48 and when I'm 84 I hope to be just my Ms. Dixie!!!
Adriana
2.5

Smutty/insta-love kind of story.
Mark Phillips
Mark Phillips rated it really liked it
Aug 16, 2016
Patri
Patri added it
Aug 11, 2016
Cathy Hope
Cathy Hope rated it it was amazing
Aug 09, 2016
Beth
Beth is currently reading it
Aug 02, 2016
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2016
Lisa
Lisa rated it really liked it
Jun 19, 2016
Frank Claudy
Frank Claudy rated it liked it
Jun 19, 2016
Silviu Adrian
Silviu Adrian rated it really liked it
Jul 16, 2016
LOLA
LOLA marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2016
Mara
Mara rated it liked it
Jun 05, 2016
  • Strong Alpha (Twin Pines Grizzlies #8)
  • Fade to Black (Clear Water Creek Chronicles #3)
  • Firestorm (Fatefully Yours #3)
  • Ravyn's Blood (Ravyn War­riors, #1)
  • The Haunting of St. Xavier
  • The Vampire's Special Lover (Wolves of Stone Ridge #16)
  • Mate of the High Dragon (Of Dragons and Wolves #5)
  • Jessup (Wylde Boys #1)
  • Vencentio (Resistant Omegas #6)
About Me
I believes the only thing sexier than a man in cowboy boots is two, or three men in cowboy boots. I also believes in love at first sight, soul mates, true love, and happy endings.

I live in the great Northwest region of the USA, with my gorgeous husband and soul mate, two boxer/collie puppies, one old biddy cats, and three fish. When I'm not being a mother to my six teenagers or cleaning up
More about Stormy Glenn...