Start by marking “The Lady Confesses” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
The Lady Confesses

Carole Mortimer

The Lady Confesses (The Copeland Sisters #3)

Having run away from home to avoid an unwanted betrothal, Lady Elizabeth Copeland must keep her disguise as an elderly lady's companion at all times.
Even when she's called upon to nurse the lady's nephew--who rather infuriatingly happens to be the most incredible-looking man she's ever seen....
Elizabeth yearns to break out of Betsy's drab dresses to reveal that she's of
Published January 1st 2012 by Harlequin Special Releases (first published 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Lady Confesses, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lady Confesses

E. R.
Out of the three couples, Elizabeth and Nathaniel are the best in my eyes. I did like Dominic in the first book, but one character trait of Caroline's made me annoyed. I liked Diana the best out of the three Copeland sisters, but Gabriel irritated me at times. Overall, Elizabeth and Nathaniel were my second fave characters in this trilogy and also my fave couple, too.

It was also nice to learn more about the scandal featuring the mother of the Copeland sisters. I found it a nice ending for the tr
Susan
Good conclusion to the series. I liked the way all three books took place at approximately the same time, but from completely different viewpoints. There wasn't too much overlapping. I loved the back and forth between Elizabeth and Nathaniel -- she kept forgetting that she was supposed to be a companion to his aunt, and kept talking back to him as if she were her normal self. She can't understand why she is so drawn to him when she considers him to be so obnoxious. Meanwhile, Nathaniel knows tha ...more
Natalia
Dec 03, 2014 Natalia rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
HarlequinRomanceReviews
Elizabeth Copeland knows all too well that now that her parents died, she is left stuck in a previously arranged marriage. But she has no plans of getting married now, so she leaves her home and two sisters and arrives in the heart of the city.

Here, she works as an elderly lady's fashion-clueless, mild-mannered companion. In society, this position holds no respect, and it gets even worse when she is forced to take care of her employee's nephew, the obnoxious and yet arrestingly good-looking Nath
Cris
Feb 06, 2013 Cris rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historicos, regencia
Adorei!! Fechou muito bem a série e não teve pontas soltas.

A mocinha, que estava sumida desde o primeiro livro, (apesar de eu saber muito bem onde ela estava, afinal, para bom observador, meia pista basta) finalmente aparece como dama de companhia de cachorro de madame!
Ela salva o cachorrinho de ser atropelado no primeiro livro, e a dona do cãozinho fica tão agradecida que a emprega como dama de companhia do bichinho.
E, apesar de ser dama de companhia do cãozinho, ela é assediada pelo conde, so
Sabrina (Soter) Sally
"Concedetemi la speranza che anche voi potrete amarmi,prima o poi.Farò qualunque cosa se solo potrò confidare nel vostro amore!"

Siamo arrivati alla fine della trilogia, l'ultimo capitolo dedicato a Elizabeth e Nathaniel (ancora in convalescenza dal pestaggio ricevuto nel primo libro XD). Diciamo che come gradimento mi è piaciuto meno del secondo, ma più del primo, Elizabeth non ha la forza di Diana ma non è neanche un'oca come Caroline XD La trama è un classico del genere, infatti Elizabeth si n
Sharyn
Apr 26, 2014 Sharyn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The final in the series. I loved both characters. Lady Elizabeth is posing as a lady's companion to avoid what she thinks is a possible marriage to her guardian. She has trouble keeping to her role, and Nathaniel suspects she is lying, but not why. The 3 books run concurrently and the 3 heroes are friends who just happen to end up with the 3 sisters. The villain in the book solves the mystery of the mother's death that is sort of at the heart of all 3 books. So the trilogy has all ends tied up n ...more
Amber
I love Mortimer. She's like chicken soup when you're feeling like crap. I liked this story, but it didn't quite make the connection of "AH, yes, THIS is why she ran off" for me. But I still liked it. Even if (view spoiler) Still, it's a solid and entertaining read, so recommend.
Tasneem
Jan 24, 2012 Tasneem rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: regency
A very boring book, this took me ages to read because it just kept getting on my nerves. Elizabeth was the most irritating of heroines, and I read this book because I enjoyed the story of the two other sisters and wanted to complete the series. Nathaniel was a super hero and I felt he deserved better than Elizabeth. She was often cruel and meanspirited.
Usagi Tsukino
Dec 29, 2013 Usagi Tsukino rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-f, historical
EDIT: Second read on 01-08-2016. (I can't believe I gave this book two stars, maybe it was because I have read this book first but after reading the second book of this series and having a better picture of who's who and what happened, this book do not deserve two stars).
Harlequin Historical
Miniseries: The Copeland Sisters
sharon
Aug 04, 2014 sharon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this is an awesome end to the story of the three sisters and the three friends.
I recommend this as a series and as a brilliant read
Donna
May 24, 2012 Donna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Copeland Sisters
Zinnia
Lättsam och rolig! Skön underhållning utan krav.
Émeraude

Então tem várias coisas que me desagradaram nesse livro...review is coming
Alisha
Aug 21, 2013 Alisha rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
somehow read them out of order. Read last one first
Ariella
Jun 26, 2013 Ariella rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-books
Amazing read
Alicia
Mar 05, 2012 Alicia rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
ok,romance. a little slow.
Bruna Duarte
Bruna Duarte rated it liked it
Jul 21, 2014
Ewelina
Ewelina rated it liked it
Jul 12, 2015
Steff
Steff rated it did not like it
Jan 06, 2013
Bagia
Bagia rated it it was ok
Jan 02, 2014
Aparna
Aparna rated it liked it
Jun 26, 2012
Ash
Ash rated it really liked it
Oct 18, 2013
Kourtney Wilkinson
Kourtney Wilkinson rated it really liked it
Aug 21, 2014
Blair
Blair rated it it was ok
Sep 27, 2014
'hlia
'hlia rated it it was amazing
Nov 05, 2013
Jennifer rated it liked it
Jun 20, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Feb 05, 2015 10:00AM
  • Captured for the Captain's Pleasure
  • How to Ruin a Reputation (The Rakes Beyond Redemption #2)
  • A Dark and Brooding Gentleman
  • Ravished by the Rake
  • The Wicked Lord Rasenby
  • The Viking's Touch (Victorious Vikings #2)
  • Lady with the Devil's Scar
  • The Last de Burgh (de Burgh, #7)
  • Captive of the Border Lord (Brunson Clan Trilogy #2)
  • Taken by the Wicked Rake (Regency Silk & Scandal, #8)
  • Warriors in Winter (MacEgan Brothers, #7)
  • Delectably Undone!
  • Secrets of Surrender (Rothwell #3)
  • Society's Most Disreputable Gentleman (Wellingfords, #5)
I have written almost 200 romance novels in contemporary and Regency.

I am a USA Today Bestselling Author and recipient of the 2015 RWA Lifetime Achievement Award. In 2014 I received a Pioneer of Romance Award from Romantic Times in the US and in 2012 I was recognised by Queen Elizabeth II for my 'outstanding service to literature'.

I am very happily married to Peter with six sons, and live on the
More about Carole Mortimer...

The Copeland Sisters (4 books)
  • The Lady Gambles (Copeland Sisters, #1)
  • The Lady Forfeits (Copeland Sisters, #2)
  • A Wickedly Pleasurable Wager