Start by marking “First Light - An Unauthorized Sequel to the Twilight Saga” as Want to Read:
First Light - An Unauthorized Sequel to the Twilight Saga

First Light - An Unauthorized Sequel to the Twilight Saga

3.32 of 5 stars 3.32  ·  rating details  ·  194 ratings  ·  39 reviews
“Your feelings are difficult to interpret, my dear,” he said. “There is love, but there is anger too. The opposing thoughts are intertwined and... confused.”

I nodded, but couldn’t find any words to drown out my beating heart. Its alarming pace was all I could focus on. It didn’t matter now anyway. He was dead, as I soon would be. I wasn’t scared, as I had accepted my fate.
Published September 23rd 2011 by Jean Rush, via Smashwords (first published January 1st 2011)

Be the first to ask a question about First Light - An Unauthorized Sequel to the Twilight Saga

Not as good as the original saga but it did offer an interesting perspective and a glimpse at Jacob and Renessme's future. Worth reading!
Susan
I enjoyed reading this book, but found myself wishing all the way through that I were reading a sequel by Stephanie Meyer.
Elenaqb
Read it in one go. Twilight is a guilty pleasure of mine and although very fast paced, I enjoyed it greatly
Junie
Dec 03, 2011 Junie marked it as to-read
Not sure what I think about an "Unauthorized Sequel" but I guess I'll probably end up reading it!
Theresa
It was a clever idea to continue Renesmee's story, but execution of the storytelling was disappointing. The author came up with some great ideas of what the Cullens and Jacob are dealing with several years after the Volturi encounter in the meadow; however, the story seemed very rushed. I just felt the author got sick of what she was writing (which happens with FanFiction) and decided to speed write through the end. There seemed to be some holes in the plot and everything seemed to be thrown tog ...more
This was an interesting Twilight spinoff, but it really wasn't that great. The characters never really grew. I guess the danger with writing fan fiction on such a popular series is that lots of people are going to compare you to a highly successful author. Unfortunately this just never measured up.

If you're looking for some truly great fan fiction. The Draco Dormiens series by Cassandra Clare (yes this is the author of the moral instruments and clockwork angel series) is fantastic. Beware though
Beka
I liked the idea of writing about what happened after. But this didn't feel like it fit with the Twilight series. I tried to think of it more as stand alone and not associated with the series.
Tara
First Light was one of the better Renesme/Jacob fanfics I've read. I feel the author captured Nessie's thoughts well. It would have been interesting to have had Jacob's point of view, as had occurred in Breaking Dawn. I thought the twist thrown in by Aro and the Volturi was fantastic, and definitely gave an edge to the story. As she had disclaimed, the ending was not a "traditional-styled Twilight ending", and so I was slightly disappointed that it turned out to be true. But despite that it was ...more
Ellen Burgess
I think that it is cool that they decided to continue the story of Renesmee and the family. I however did not like this book. I didn't find it as well written as any of the Twilight books or any other book I have read since I started to read young adult books. I also think that it was very rushed and that lowered the quality of the story. I know that may sound harsh but that is how I feel. The reason I don't like it may very well be just because it didn't turn out the way I wanted but in the end ...more
Michelle
As far as fan fiction goes, this is one of the better ones.

This book picks up three years after the Volturi's fateful trip to meet Renesme and is told in her perspective.

If you can overlook the editing issues I think any fan of Twilight would thoroughly enjoy this book. The most glaring issue was when 2/3rds of the way through Renesme switches from calling Bella "mom" to "mum". But if you are reading Twilight then you are already ok with subpar writing and editing.

A definite and delightfully
Darren Hayes
This book was.....eh. I read this simply because I read the other ones. The more I get into The Twilight universe the more I discover that I never really liked it. It really never served anything new. It was simply a love story that used Vampires and Werewolfs. That of course are described as attractive. I don't think I would recommend this to anyone. It was what it was fan fiction written by a fan who actually was an okay writer. Just over the whole vampires are everything phase. It was mindles ...more
Michelle
As far as fan fiction goes, this is one of the better ones.

Angela Cornell
The story line was a different direction than what I was expecting. Not sure I was entirely comfortable with Nessie being 4 human years yet ready to have sex because she was 15 in immortal years. I will probably avoid reading any more fan fare stories after this one. The writing was a little simple and needed quite a bit of editing but I applaud the author for putting her story out there and I encourage her to keep doing it if that is what she loves.
Mikey Cupcakes
This was a really good book. I loved the ending and how Nessie was with Jacob in his last moments. I was about to cry when I read about Jacob dying. The book said "I held his hand tightly and then, like the fading light at dusk, he was gone. THE END." I like the simile that was used to describe the death. All in all, I think this book was very touching and I would read it again if I could.
Larissa :)
I don't really read fanfiction. Like, ever.
But I gave this a go and it definitely wasn't how I'd pictured the Cullens etc. after Breaking Dawn.
Not at all.
But kudos to you Jean, for sharing your thoughts on it anyway :)

I'd recommend this to you, if you have a half an hour- hour to spare and want a quick, light read!
It's not amazing, but its not all bad either :)
Angela
Reading this was like eating chocolate cake made with artificial sweetner and hoping you won't notice a big difference. The writing was so off from being close to S.M.'s style that I just started reading the first sentence of every other paragraph and finished the second half of the book in 20 min. Can't wait to start The Host to help get rid of the aftertaste of this book.
Rebecca
Found this unauthorized sequel to Twilight as a free download through iBooks so thought I'd try it ...

Overall, I enjoyed this book. Her story of what the future holds for Ness is interesting. The ending was very surprising and not how I would have pictured it myself. Overall, it was an interesting read and I would recommend it to Twilight fans.
Tiffany Smith
Renesmee is portrayed as a weak minded woman in this fan fiction sequel to the Twilight series. She is saved by her deep and profound love for a man. If you're not an ultra feminist, you will enjoy this story. It's a good read if you don't attempt to analyze it. Therefore, just read it and don't compare it to the original series.
Lilian

An a unauthorized storied about what happens after twilight saga: breaking dawn. It's a cute story about Rennesme and Jacob and what the future holds for them. A beautifully written fan fiction about an amazing characters and story line. Not written by Stephenie Meyer, it's just a fan fiction.
Jodie
I really enjoyed the book and the possible future of the Cullen family. The ending felt a bit rushed but from the note at the end it seems like the author may go back and flush out the ending a bit more. A definite good read for any die hard Twilight fan.
AngryMab
Not Stephanie Meyer. Was just ok. I enjoyed it but no where near the originals. It was nice to have a story about Renesme and Jacob which the other books didn't. So that I am very happy with. Not a story I'm gonna rave about though. Nice attempt.
Sara
I really wanted to like it. But the voice of the writing is just all wrong, really hard to get in to. I loved Ms. Meyers tone for her characters. This was def not the direction I thought the author would take. Very disappointing.
8unny8ooks
I have not read this and wanted to know if it was any good from your opinions is it good and I think it is a good idea to keep the twilight books going but the first couple were a little bit boring SOOO I wanted to here it from you
Sarah Krafcik-schaffer
So...I ended up getting hooked into the story line. Pretty good story with lots of twists and turns and a surprising ending. Interesting to see where others thought the story would continue.
Sandy
Will read it because of the storyline.... so many of us are starving for more.. but really feel like i am betraying our Stephenie!!!
Surely this shouldn't be "legal"!
Lia
I read this book in one night. It was sooo good, but the ending was soo sad. Also, it was told from Renesmee's perspective....something different.
Julie
Nothing as good as The Twilight series, but she is up against stiff competition. It was an interesting read, entertaining, but not spectacular.
Sandy
I really liked this book. It is well written. Since there are no more Twilight books I'm glad that I found it. I hope the author writes more.
Debby
Excellent book, better than the original(s)! Reading the Twilight series is necessary, however, to understand who's who and what's what.
Erika
I liked that it was told from Renesmee's point of view. And yes, I would have liked a more "traditional" ending.
Thrillers & C...: just finished... 1 5 Jul 02, 2012 12:01AM
  • Elina
  • Modified: Cyborgs, Mutants, and Dystopia
  • Undeniable
  • Katy's New World (Katy Lambright Series, #1)
  • Chosen Ones (Aedyn Chronicles #1)
  • Eternity's Edge (Echoes from the Edge, #2)
  • Marked (City of the Damned, #1)
  • The Stone Key (The Obernewtyn Chronicles, #6)
  • The Wary Widow
  • Stealing Bradford (Carter House Girls, #2)
  • The Fierce Reads Anthology
  • Killer Byte [Diana Tregarde series]
  • Guardian of the Mountain
  • Leaving Before It's Over
  • Rebellion (The Colony #1)
  • Amber Passion (The Enchanters, #3)
  • A Wanton's Thief
  • I Witch
First Light - Rising Sun First Light - An Unauthorized Sequel to the Twilight Saga First Light First Light The Book of Fantastic Machines