Start by marking “First Light - An Unauthorized Sequel to the Twilight Saga” as Want to Read:
First Light - An Unauthorized Sequel to the Twilight Saga

First Light - An Unauthorized Sequel to the Twilight Saga (First Light #1)

“Your feelings are difficult to interpret, my dear,” he said. “There is love, but there is anger too. The opposing thoughts are intertwined and... confused.”

I nodded, but couldn’t find any words to drown out my beating heart. Its alarming pace was all I could focus on. It didn’t matter now anyway. He was dead, as I soon would be. I wasn’t scared, as I had accepted my fate.
Nook, 326 pages
Published September 23rd 2011 by Jean Rush, via Smashwords (first published January 1st 2011)

Be the first to ask a question about First Light - An Unauthorized Sequel to the Twilight Saga

Oct 17, 2011 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Not as good as the original saga but it did offer an interesting perspective and a glimpse at Jacob and Renessme's future. Worth reading!
Susan
Jan 23, 2012 Susan rated it liked it
I enjoyed reading this book, but found myself wishing all the way through that I were reading a sequel by Stephanie Meyer.
Junie
Dec 03, 2011 Junie marked it as to-read
Not sure what I think about an "Unauthorized Sequel" but I guess I'll probably end up reading it!
Theresa
Mar 13, 2012 Theresa rated it it was ok
It was a clever idea to continue Renesmee's story, but execution of the storytelling was disappointing. The author came up with some great ideas of what the Cullens and Jacob are dealing with several years after the Volturi encounter in the meadow; however, the story seemed very rushed. I just felt the author got sick of what she was writing (which happens with FanFiction) and decided to speed write through the end. There seemed to be some holes in the plot and everything seemed to be thrown tog ...more
Jan 15, 2012 Sarah rated it liked it
This was an interesting Twilight spinoff, but it really wasn't that great. The characters never really grew. I guess the danger with writing fan fiction on such a popular series is that lots of people are going to compare you to a highly successful author. Unfortunately this just never measured up.

If you're looking for some truly great fan fiction. The Draco Dormiens series by Cassandra Clare (yes this is the author of the moral instruments and clockwork angel series) is fantastic. Beware though
Patti
Sep 03, 2016 Patti rated it liked it
This book was written by a fan and free for download at smashwords.com. It is very much in the style of Stephanie Meyer's writing. I must say I was not expecting much and was pleasantly surprised she has a real talent for story telling and writing. The story stayed true to what you would expect in a sequel - what would or could happen in the "happily ever after" with a few twists that were still very believable. I would've chose a different path for the wolf pack however and ending but more abou ...more
Michelle
Nov 30, 2011 Michelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As far as fan fiction goes, this is one of the better ones.

This book picks up three years after the Volturi's fateful trip to meet Renesme and is told in her perspective.

If you can overlook the editing issues I think any fan of Twilight would thoroughly enjoy this book. The most glaring issue was when 2/3rds of the way through Renesme switches from calling Bella "mom" to "mum". But if you are reading Twilight then you are already ok with subpar writing and editing.

A definite and delightfully
Ellen Burgess
Nov 25, 2012 Ellen Burgess rated it did not like it
Shelves: vampire
I think that it is cool that they decided to continue the story of Renesmee and the family. I however did not like this book. I didn't find it as well written as any of the Twilight books or any other book I have read since I started to read young adult books. I also think that it was very rushed and that lowered the quality of the story. I know that may sound harsh but that is how I feel. The reason I don't like it may very well be just because it didn't turn out the way I wanted but in the end ...more
Darren Hayes
This book was.....eh. I read this simply because I read the other ones. The more I get into The Twilight universe the more I discover that I never really liked it. It really never served anything new. It was simply a love story that used Vampires and Werewolfs. That of course are described as attractive. I don't think I would recommend this to anyone. It was what it was fan fiction written by a fan who actually was an okay writer. Just over the whole vampires are everything phase. It was mindles ...more
Michelle
Nov 30, 2011 Michelle rated it really liked it
As far as fan fiction goes, this is one of the better ones.

Angela Cornell
The story line was a different direction than what I was expecting. Not sure I was entirely comfortable with Nessie being 4 human years yet ready to have sex because she was 15 in immortal years. I will probably avoid reading any more fan fare stories after this one. The writing was a little simple and needed quite a bit of editing but I applaud the author for putting her story out there and I encourage her to keep doing it if that is what she loves.
Tiffany Smith
Nov 24, 2012 Tiffany Smith rated it liked it
Renesmee is portrayed as a weak minded woman in this fan fiction sequel to the Twilight series. She is saved by her deep and profound love for a man. If you're not an ultra feminist, you will enjoy this story. It's a good read if you don't attempt to analyze it. Therefore, just read it and don't compare it to the original series.
Mikey Cupcakes
Feb 22, 2012 Mikey Cupcakes rated it it was amazing
This was a really good book. I loved the ending and how Nessie was with Jacob in his last moments. I was about to cry when I read about Jacob dying. The book said "I held his hand tightly and then, like the fading light at dusk, he was gone. THE END." I like the simile that was used to describe the death. All in all, I think this book was very touching and I would read it again if I could.
Larissa :)
Dec 18, 2011 Larissa :) rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2-star-read
I don't really read fanfiction. Like, ever.
But I gave this a go and it definitely wasn't how I'd pictured the Cullens etc. after Breaking Dawn.
Not at all.
But kudos to you Jean, for sharing your thoughts on it anyway :)

I'd recommend this to you, if you have a half an hour- hour to spare and want a quick, light read!
It's not amazing, but its not all bad either :)
Rebecca
Feb 07, 2012 Rebecca rated it liked it
Found this unauthorized sequel to Twilight as a free download through iBooks so thought I'd try it ...

Overall, I enjoyed this book. Her story of what the future holds for Ness is interesting. The ending was very surprising and not how I would have pictured it myself. Overall, it was an interesting read and I would recommend it to Twilight fans.
Angela
Aug 05, 2016 Angela rated it did not like it
Reading this was like eating chocolate cake made with artificial sweetner and hoping you won't notice a big difference. The writing was so off from being close to S.M.'s style that I just started reading the first sentence of every other paragraph and finished the second half of the book in 20 min. Can't wait to start The Host to help get rid of the aftertaste of this book.
Lilian
Jun 10, 2012 Lilian rated it it was amazing

An a unauthorized storied about what happens after twilight saga: breaking dawn. It's a cute story about Rennesme and Jacob and what the future holds for them. A beautifully written fan fiction about an amazing characters and story line. Not written by Stephenie Meyer, it's just a fan fiction.
Maz
Jan 30, 2012 Maz rated it it was ok
Not Stephanie Meyer. Was just ok. I enjoyed it but no where near the originals. It was nice to have a story about Renesme and Jacob which the other books didn't. So that I am very happy with. Not a story I'm gonna rave about though. Nice attempt.
Jodie
Jan 15, 2012 Jodie rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the book and the possible future of the Cullen family. The ending felt a bit rushed but from the note at the end it seems like the author may go back and flush out the ending a bit more. A definite good read for any die hard Twilight fan.
Sara
Apr 06, 2012 Sara rated it it was ok
Shelves: just-for-fun
I really wanted to like it. But the voice of the writing is just all wrong, really hard to get in to. I loved Ms. Meyers tone for her characters. This was def not the direction I thought the author would take. Very disappointing.
8unny8ooks
I have not read this and wanted to know if it was any good from your opinions is it good and I think it is a good idea to keep the twilight books going but the first couple were a little bit boring SOOO I wanted to here it from you
Sandy
Feb 10, 2012 Sandy rated it it was ok
Will read it because of the storyline.... so many of us are starving for more.. but really feel like i am betraying our Stephenie!!!
Surely this shouldn't be "legal"!
Melinda
Jun 18, 2015 Melinda rated it it was ok
Amateur writing, but it was fun to read someone's idea of what happened after the Twilight series ended. I loved seeing more of Jacob & Renesmee. I will ready the 2nd book as well.
Sandy
Mar 03, 2012 Sandy rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. It is well written. Since there are no more Twilight books I'm glad that I found it. I hope the author writes more.
Lia
Feb 19, 2012 Lia rated it it was ok
I read this book in one night. It was sooo good, but the ending was soo sad. Also, it was told from Renesmee's perspective....something different.
Jennifer Sawyer
Feb 11, 2012 Jennifer Sawyer rated it it was ok
I really don't think this needed to be done. I didn't feel the same way about the characters and it seemed to flighty.
Beka
Sep 25, 2014 Beka rated it did not like it
I liked the idea of writing about what happened after. But this didn't feel like it fit with the Twilight series. I tried to think of it more as stand alone and not associated with the series.
Kagura
Jan 04, 2012 Kagura added it
Its okay but i ciuld tell it wasn't stephanie meyer from the first sentence. Almost from the firts few words.
Elenaqb
Oct 30, 2011 Elenaqb rated it really liked it
Read it in one go. Twilight is a guilty pleasure of mine and although very fast paced, I enjoyed it greatly
Jan 23, 2012 Sarah rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012
So...I ended up getting hooked into the story line. Pretty good story with lots of twists and turns and a surprising ending. Interesting to see where others thought the story would continue.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Thrillers & Chill...: just finished... 1 5 Jul 02, 2012 12:01AM
  • Hanging by a Moment (Were Watching, #2)
  • Shapeshifter's Craving
  • Gracelynn
  • Prowl the Night
  • Wicked Beast
  • Indulgent (Eternal Pleasure, #3)
  • Hunter's Need (Hunters, #12)
  • Loving Scarlett (Scarlett Rose and the 7 Longhorns #1)
  • Slade (Shadow Wranglers, #4)
  • Chasing Lacie (Sea Island Wolves, #4)
  • Tempt Not the Cat
  • The Edge of Morning (Sentinels, #1)
  • Talons
  • Protect and Defend (True Mate Wolf, #1)
  • Fallon's Revenge
  • Primal Male (Psychic Hunters #2)
  • Bride of the Wolf (Shadowmen #4)

First Light (2 books)