Start by marking “Tomorrow is Today (Tempest, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Tomorrow is Today (Tempest, #0.5)

Tomorrow is Today (Tempest 0.5)

3.58 of 5 stars 3.58  ·  rating details  ·  750 ratings  ·  103 reviews
The year is 2009.Nineteen-year-old Jackson Meyer is a normal guy… he’s in college, throws lots of parties, is interested in a girl he can’t have, and oh yeah, he can travel back through time.
Published December 6th 2011 by St. Martin's Griffin

To ask other readers questions about Tomorrow is Today, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tomorrow is Today

Free Four by Veronica RothDestroy Me by Tahereh MafiHana by Lauren OliverGlitches by Marissa MeyerSummer's Crossing by Julie Kagawa
YA Short Stories and Novellas
89th out of 490 books — 955 voters
The Clay Lion by Amalie JahnThe Last Timekeepers and the Arch of Atlantis by Sharon LedwithKnot in Time by Alan  TuckerLightmasters by M.G. WellsTime's Twisted Arrow by Rysa Walker
YA + MG Time Travel
11th out of 160 books — 139 voters

More lists with this book...

Stacey (prettybooks)
I'm usually not a fan of short stories but I really enjoyed Tomorrow is Today. I read it before Tempest since it is a prequel, even though it meant that I was unfamiliar with the characters. I thought it'd give me a taste of what I'm about to read and it certainly did. I am now curious about Jackson, Holly and the intricacies of time travel. You can read Tomorrow is Today on the publisher's website here or if you're in the US, it can be downloaded for free as an e-book from Amazon.
Diane ϟ [ Lestrange ]
Do you remember when you said "I’m convinced the best writers have
very boring lives."
Well, I assume you have a quiet an amazing eh? LOL just kidding.

Takes place before Tempest. Just a few entertaining scenes. short. fun. but not necessarily important.
2.5

[image error]
♥Rachel♥
This short story takes place a little before Tempest. Holly is still with David and it seems to me that David is a really good boyfriend. You do see a growing attraction between Jackson and Holly so I have to wonder how Jackson and Holly finally end up together because it's not really clarified in Tempest. You also get to see a little of Jackson's time travel. Something about it is revealed that I don't remember knowing in Tempest.

This prequel just reminded me of how much I loved this story. I'
Wendy Darling
Free for Kindle right now as a pre-order for December 6. This short story is a companion to the upcoming book Tempest by Julie Cross.

Download here! http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005VDE8LI
Amber J.
Jan 07, 2012 Amber J. rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: YA PNR, Science Fiction
So after the robust discussion that led me to this author in the first place, I’m a little nervous about writing a review of someone’s work, especially if the book/novella/material is free. (But since it’s highly unlikely anyone will read this, I’m probably in the clear lol).

I did enjoy reading this so let's start this off on a good note: I like that Cross has created a charismatic protagonist with a realistic male voice; I like that we get a glimpse of Jackson and Holly pre-relationship; I like
Heidi
Originally reviewed here.

Sometimes I love shorts because they give me that extra little peek into the lives of characters I adore. And then there’s those times when I love short stories because they save me from committing to a full-length novel I won’t enjoy. That, for me, was Tomorrow is Today.

Jackson and his recent friends Adam and Holly are training to be camp counsellors for the summer. He’s just finished his freshman year at NYU, while Adam and Holly have just graduated from high school in
Marga
Nov 30, 2012 Marga rated it 1 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: people who disagree with my review
Recommended to Marga by: my subconscious
I was going to read Tempest first but then I saw this on the similar books aisle on goodreads (yes, I am one of those people who check those panels out) and like other people who never read the book I thought I should read this one first, since it is a prequel. I also thought it would be a good sneak preview to the story of Jackson and his amazing time traveling powers.

But I wasSO wrong.

This book has a really interesting plot though I thought the story was a bit boring. And for a short story to
AbbyJoy
Yeah, I really hate writing negative reviews, but I really wasn't thrilled with this ebook. Tomorrow is Today is a prequel to the book Tempest, which I have never read, and after reading this bonus short story, I never will. Which is a shame, because I actually thought the concept of the time travel--especially with no consequences--was an interesting idea. It was cool that Jackson could go back in time, do whatever, and return to the present without messing up anything.

What ruined this book f
Heather
This story didn't interest me enough to try to read the series. It has teenagers, time travel, and unrequited love. I get enough enough of teenagers and their unrequited love on a daily basis. And the time travel isn't even cool. It's just - bink, he's here - then bink, he's there. It's like eating a bologna sandwich. It's easy, boring, and I don't like it.
Thania Stewart
Tomorrow is Today is the prequel to Tempest.
We get to learn about Jackson's ability and when he first have a crush on Holly. I'm not really a fan of this book, I couldn't get into it.
So if you're planning to read Tempest, I suggest you to read it first before this book because you won't be interested in Tempest if you read this first.
Samantha
Tomorrow Is Today is a prequel to Tempest (free eBook download) and gives us more of an insight to the characters that we grow to love in Tempest. I'm not sure I can wait an entire year to read the next one though!
♫Julie♪
I really enjoyed reading about Jackson and Holly. I seriously like to see how they interacted before they were a couple.

Now I just need my Vortex copy and I'll be really happy. Is it January 15th yet?
Keren Hughes
The reason I gave this prequel 5 stars? Quite simply, it left me on tenterhooks for Tempest. I am literally dying to get my hands on it. Hurry up postman, it was dispatched today :)
Fran
Oct 07, 2012 Fran rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: ya, shorts
I'm honestly not sure when's the best time to read this. I read it a few chapters in to the book, but it might be best to read the opening statement of the book, and then start with this. It honestly doesn't add much, it's like a few bonus chapters at the start of Tempest.

I didn't 'click' with Tempest until the end of the first 2009 section ((view spoiler)) and because I read this before that happened, it actually just ended
Book Sp(l)ot
"The year is 2009. Nineteen-year-old Jackson Meyer is a normal guy… he’s in college, throws lots of parties, is interested in a girl he can’t have, and oh yeah, he can travel back through time.

But it’s not like the movies – nothing changes in the present after his jumps, there’s no space-time continuum issues or broken flux capacitors – it’s just harmless fun."

This is a prequel to Julie Cross' Tempest that sets up how Jackson time travels - and that it doesn't affect the future - and who the oth
Amber
Tomorrow is Today is a prequel short story to Tempest. It was actually released over a month ago, but I had not heard about it until recently.
The story covers the period between 14 May 2009 and 8 June 2009 (Tempest begins in September 2009). It is set before Holly and Jackson get together. Holly is still with David. Adam and Jackson are just fooling around with Jackson’s time travel ability with little consequence. It is unclear how long they have been experimenting, but it seems to have not bee
Ashelynn
Tomorrow is Today is this fun, prequel short story to Tempest, the upcoming (fantastic!) time travel novel by Julie Cross.

Since I’ve already read Tempest, I understood the time travel. Cross doesn’t explain time travel in the prequel, so reading the first four chapters of Tempest could benefit those who want to read Tomorrow is Today. (Those chapters are included in Tomorrow is Today, after the short story, and also available here.)

Nothing major happens in Tomorrow is Today beside a missing ki
Cindy
Unimpressed reader is unimpressed.

Okay, here I go:

YA books are beginning to be insufferable. I almost couldn't get through this and it's a NOVELLA for crying out loud!

It is my personal opinion that the quality of YA has significantly decreased. I'm avoiding Tempest like the plague. You couldn't pay me enough to read that book!

I'm gonna go ahead and say that I truly believe that 2/3 of people are reading Tempest simply because of the cover. Maybe a third are reading it because the summary sounds
Elisha Ruzgal

There is something I don't understand very well here. Please do correct me if I'm wrong.

At the last chapter of Tempest, the date was March 15, 2009. Jackson says it was the day he would first encounter or bump on to Holly. It would be the day when everything would start between the two of them.

In this prequel, it starts on the date of March 14, 2009. And Jackson, Holly, and Adam are doing something related to their part time jobs at camp. The next day was Adam's birthday, March 15, which was su
Dianne
I was pretty interested with Tempest from the get-go, what with its amazing blurb. Can't resist time travel! I put it into my TBR list but then we all know how long a book in your TBR list waits before you actually pick it up and read. I was sure that I'll get to reading Tempest later until I read this. I pretty much had to get Tempest in my grabbity hands right at that moment.

It was so great at baiting me in that I ended up emailing Julie Cross about joining the book relay and she sending Tempe
Tomorrow is Today is a free prequel short story to Julie Cross' debut novel Tempest. I have to admit I found it a little confusing because I haven't read Tempest yet so I didn't know who the characters were. I would also have liked more information on how Jackson was able to travel through time but I'm sure I'll get that when I start the main book. I did like what I saw of Jackson though, especially his friendship with Adam (I'm not so keen on the fact that he seems to be chasing a girl who is i ...more
Jackie (Jackie's Book World)
Jan 08, 2013 Jackie (Jackie's Book World) rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone :)
Shelves: ya-books, romance
I've been wanting to read the first book for a while now, but as soon as I found out that there was a prequel to the first book I didn't hesitate to read it first. My first impression of the book was that it didn't explained much of time traveling. It seems complicated, but the story focuses more of Jackson's view on Holly. Although Holly has a boyfriend (David), as a read we are able to see the attraction that they both have towards each other, but they are afraid to say anything or make a move ...more
Tiffany (About to Read)
Tomorrow is Today is a cute short story that takes place before Tempest. Since I’ve already read Tempest, I loved reading more about Jackson and Holly. They might just be one of my favorite YA couples of all time.

Since this is a short story, there isn’t very much to the plot. It is more of a character development piece. If you haven’t read Tempest yet, make sure you do so before reading Tomorrow is Today! If you read Tomorrow is Today first, the time travel will probably confuse you. Julie Cross
Jenny
This prequel short story demanded some familiarity with the author's "Tempest" series' characters. Otherwise it was an okay read since I always enjoy seeing how time travel is interpreted by different authors.
Chrissy Allen
I wanted more because I wasn't quite ready to let these characters go. This quenched my thirst for a while but eventually I'm going to have to go back and reread the series again.
Mary Grace
Here’s a short review for an introductory novella to what seems like an amazing series by Julie Cross. I’ve read Tomorrow is Today before reading Tempest just to see how I’ll like Tempest. After finishing the novella, I was excited to read more about Holly and Jackson and his world of time travelling. Some part of me thought that Tomorrow is Today is unnecessary, we can do without it but there’s a part of me as well that thought otherwise. Tomorrow is Today gives us an idea on what to expect and ...more
Meh. 2.5

I thought this was exceedingly short, and completely unnecessary. I liked Tempest a LOT more than this story. I could have done without this one.
Reena Jacobs
Expect my full review January 7, 2012 on Ramblings of an Amateur Writer: http://wp.me/pPz8s-26I

This was a short read; this will be a short review.

I read this and totally wanted more. I absolutely love Julie Cross’s style of writing. The humor is fantastic. My only issue with this prequel is it left me sort of hanging. I’d hoped to find out how Jackson and Holly became an item, but it was more of a snippet of their relationship while Holly was dating David.

So basically, it was a decent read, but
Veronica
Not really much to this novella.
Anasheh Satoorian
This is a cute little short story about Holly and Jackson. Does not really add anything to main TEMPEST TRILOGY story line but as it is a free short story I would recommend it to anyone who is a Jackson and Holly fan :)
  • Breathless (Firelight, #3.5)
  • Shadow (Paper Gods, #0.5)
  • Fallen from Grace (Dark Mirror, #0.5)
  • Retro Demonology (The Demon Trappers, #0.5)
  • The Spring Before I Met You (The Lynburn Legacy, #0.25)
  • Errant (Killer Unicorns, #.5)
  • Intuition (Intangible, #0.5)
  • Prophet (Struck, #0.5)
  • Undone (Unraveling, #1.5)
  • Haunted Destiny (Midnight Dragonfly, #1.5)
  • The Ash-Born Boy (The Near Witch, #0.5)
  • Secrets of the Time Society  (Timeless, #1.5)
  • The Department of Alterations (Crewel World, #0.5)
  • Remedial Magic (Faeriewalker, #0.5)
  • Annie and Fia (Mind Games, #0.5)
  • A Dance with Darkness (Angelfire, #0.5)
  • Phantom File (Dark Eden, #1.5)
  • Portrait of a Spore: The 3rd Unhidden Story (Starters, #1.5)
I'm the author of the YA sci-fi trilogy, the Tempest series (St. Martin's Press). I'm also the author of the YA contemporary novel, Letters To Nowhere.

But even more importantly than the above, I'm a fan of books and an avid reader/reviewer. Keep in mind, however, that a review is just one person's opinion, one perspective. My goal is to show as much bias in my reviews as possible because this mak
More about Julie Cross...
Tempest (Tempest, #1) Vortex (Tempest, #2) Third Degree Whatever Life Throws at You Timestorm (Tempest, #3)

“We were an island. Me and Holly. Completely alone in this strange moment.” 21 likes