Start by marking “Forever in One Second” as Want to Read:
Forever in One Second

Forever in One Second

3.59 of 5 stars 3.59  ·  rating details  ·  448 ratings  ·  104 reviews
Cheating death is easy—the hard part is knowing when not to.

From the moment an anonymous rescuer pulled him back from the brink of death, Dane Harper has vowed to live every second of his life to the fullest. Nothing would please him more than to share those stolen moments with the man who, literally, held his life in his hands. First, though, he has to find him. Then conv
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 276 pages
Published January 10th 2012 by Samhain Publishing, Ltd.

To ask other readers questions about Forever in One Second, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forever in One Second

Heather C
I really enjoyed Dane and Court's story. The beginning was very intense, probably one of the most intense opening chapters I have ever read! I did get a little confused at times throughout the book, but nothing too major.

Dane was fuckhawt! He knew how to design and execute complex, multi-orgasm plans...paying attention to every explicit detail. Fucking Hot!. These guys were really hot...and sweet together. (view spoiler)
Susan65
A very different kind of paranormal romance. There is angst galore but humorous enough to temper it and tone it down. Courtenay is a healer and saves Dane after a tornado left him for dead. Dane and Court knew each other as kids and Court recognized him and felt compelled to save him.

Court has a difficult time accepting his gift and even though he wants Dane he feels unworthy. Dane is a stubborn and horny guy who doesn't give up. He wants Court and does anything and everything to be with him. Hi
Emanuela ~plastic duck~
3.5 stars.

Lights and shadows, it's the second book by this author I've read and she writes with a certain edge I like.

First the good things:

The main couple is hot, well matched, riveting. Court is the healer, but he came out of an abduction broken and removed from life, even if he literally owns the spark of life. Dane is energetic, bossy and never defeated. They are perfect for each other, because Dane is determined to help and fix Court in every aspect of life, being there even when Court does
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
The first chapter of this book is.... intense. Right from the start I was drawn into the story and the characters problems and didn't want to put the book down.

Dane is a man who's sick of living in the city so he moves home after his brother's death. While working one day, he gets caught right in the middle of a tornado. Crushed, and on the very edge of dying, Courtenay shows up from Search and Rescue. Courtenay knows Dane is dying, he can feel it but he also remembers Dane and he can't just let
Jess
This review might contain minor spoilers, all major spoilers are hidden!

Okay this is a hard review to write because I have mixed reactions to the book. There are some things that clearly work really well. Then there was aspects of the book that really annoyed me. However in other books with the amount of issues I had I would only give this three stars but there is just something about this book that made me forgive and forget my pet hates.

I normally start with the positives but this time I will
MandyM
This book starts off with a bang. Dane is caught in a twister and Court, a paramedic, brings him back to life using his unusual power to heal. As Dane recovers he can't stop thinking about his rescuer and his miraculous return from certain death. He seeks Court out and despite the other man's reluctance, they start a physical relationship which quickly becomes more. But there are powerful groups interested in Court's ability which has him constantly on the run and unwilling to put a loved one at ...more
Chris
4.5 stars. Very good m/m paranormal romantic suspense about a rescue worker who can heal with touch. When one of the people he's healed comes to find and thank him, neither of them have any idea how much their lives will change.
JR
Jan 18, 2014 JR rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: the world
Sometimes a book comes out of nowhere. Sometimes it just smacks you in the face with how different and enjoyable it is. If you want one like that, here it is.

This story is what happens to Dane when his life is saved by Court, but not in conventional ways. Two men who knew each other as kids, have their lives intersect as Dane lies dying. Romance, intrigue, Court's dark past, all contribute to a very fun read.

I'm not going to go into more of the story because it needs to be read not revealed
Lara
Goddamn.

Dane and Court were sizzling. Seriously. Electricity in every touch. And, holy crap, was Dane the man with the plan. His plans were exquisite. Like an art form. Definitely gives a new meaning to planning for sex. As long as Dane is planning it count me in. I could give this book 5 stars on the sex scenes alone. They were pages upon pages long. Very nice!

Dane and Court could not be more opposite if they tried. Dane, having had a near death experience, is living life to the fullest. He wan
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
This book was one wild rollercoaster ride for me. I felt as though my brain and heart were going nonstop from beginning to end and when I got there, I had to take deep breaths just to settle myself down and relax.

I had a little trouble in the beginning with the dialog and getting confused as to who was saying what when, as they seemed to run together a lot, but that might have had to do with my reading device. Either way, it worked itself out and wasn't a problem after a while.

All in all, afte
Daniel Kaine
I liked this book; it was very different from the majority of paranormal romances out there in that there are no vampires, or shifters... just a few humans with supernatural powers. Although, at the same time there's a lot of the same cliches, e.g. Courtenay trying to push Dane away because it's dangerous to be around the supernaturally-gifted 'freak'.

I have to say I did like the characters. Dane, especially, in all his slutty glory. However, it felt like there was maybe a little too much sex. D
ttg
2.5 stars. - Even though I normally am a big fan of paranormal romance stories, especially ones with action and suspense, I could not get into this book. The MCs didn't really draw me in to care about them and their relationship. (I did like bossy, sunny Dane, but overall, I found their chemistry low and a little dull.)

I wasn't a huge fan of the story progression, or how things resolved. (But don't worry, there's an HEA.) Also didn't like how the author would switch POVs randomly. Most of the ti
Elizabetta
I really enjoyed Forever In One Second. This is an unusual combination of contemporary and paranormal romance with not a vampire, werewolf, fairy or demon in sight. The story starts off with a bang with one of our MC’s caught in a tornado. Dane is at death’s door and Court, his rescuer, has just the super power he needs. With a super power comes heavy responsibility though.

Court walks in darkness and pain; at the mercy of his gift and on the run from those who would control it and him. Dane is
Syfy

" Still drifting, he kept his sigh inside. Dying is so sweet. Does everyone hear that pretty song when they go? Outside of the dying, voices called out, back and forth, disturbing his peace. Loud, annoying voices, smothering the song. Shhhhh… be quiet! I’m listening. Can’t you see I’m listening? Don’t you hear it? Shhh… "

"Forever" intimately explores one of my favorite what if's, and somewhere around Ch 12 it occured to me that this could be one of the most deeply satisfying books I have ever re
Dreamer
intriguing m/m para romance featuring tortured hero Courtenay who has the power to heal. He saves the life of the irrepressible Dane Harper who then pursues him relentlessly. Some intensely hot sex scenes between these guys! Assorted villains wish to acquire Court for nefarious ends.
description
'Sleeping late was for people nobody was trying to kill. Clearly not them, then. It seemed a shame to wake Dane when he looked so angelic, his messy hair tangled into a silky halo.'
Wendy Ann
Excellent book! I was hooked within the first few pages and I didn’t want to put it down!! I understand where some of the other reviewers are coming from with respect to feeling a bit confused due to the dream sequences and feelings of lurking danger; however, I thought these things actually added to the air of mystery and intrigue for me. I couldn’t flip the pages fast enough to keep unraveling more and fitting the puzzle pieces together.

OMG – Dane and Court were amazing together and perfect f
Nic
A near death experience changes Dane's life - he gets a new outlook and decides to go after what he wants and what he wants is Court. "Well, I'm not gonna sit around and wait for that second to come around and get me. I want to live now. Might have just got lucky that day, I don't know, but I'm not gonna push it. I want all my seconds right down to the very last one. I'm greedy."

Court is the man who saved him, using his ability as 'a fixer' so pull Dane back from the brink of death. Court is fac
❧Gwen❤❦
3 Stars~

This was a Sweeeet Read!
I like this match~Dane♥Court, they are soooo OPPOSITE yet PERFECT FOR EACH OTHER...I also liked the writing aswell ~I will leave you with one of my favorite made me smile line's,"Dane & Courney pantin' in a tree, f*#@k-i-n-g" OMG~ I had to laugh at that line~
Eve
When they were kids, Court was best friends with Dane's big brother, Ted. (view spoiler) Now Court has moved back to town (view spoiler)and he and Dane start seeing ea ...more
Lena Grey
Having a near death experience like Dane Harper does in 'Forever in One Second' by Finn Marlowe definitely gives you a new perspective on life. It reminds us how fragile we are and how we need to appreciate every second of our life as if it were our last, because it might well be. Along with Dane's newfound enthusiasm is his desire to find and thank Court, the man who saved his life. What he doesn't realize at the time is that when Court chooses to save Dane's life, he is also saving his own.

Cou
Kazza
This is an interesting book. It's not going to be everyone's cup of tea but it's….beautifully weird. I can’t find better words at the moment, but know they are meant as a compliment.

After a tornado Dane Harper is saved from mortal injuries by a man from search and rescue, a man with unusual, memorable eyes. Court Woods has to make a split second decision to save a man who he recognises as his former best friend’s (once) annoying, younger brother. They haven’t seen each other in quite a while, bu
♆ BookAddict ♨ ✒ La Crimson Femme❇ ♐
Forever in One Second is a lovely sentiment. The dedication at the beginning of the book was moving. It makes me wonder what happened to the author's husband. I have a guess, and if I'm right, it's sad. Eager to read the book, I'm a little disappointed.

In this story, Dane and Courtney meet again after years apart. Courtney was a good friend of Dane's deceased brother, Teddy. They meet when Court saves Dane's life. This was pretty cool. Court is a healer through laying of the hands. It's an amazi
Susan
I think what I loved best about this book was Dane. He's the kind of person who knows what he wants and goes for it, and he's certainly not going to let a tiny little thing like supernatural powers stand in his way! The relationship between Court and Dane was very quick to begin with but it was nice to watch the changes in Court as the story progressed. I think that Court may have saved Dane's life at the beginning of the book but by the end Dane had certainly repaid the favour.
Virginia
The banter between Dane and Court is fun and delicious. The sex is smoking hot - the first two scenes are yowza. Nice little story to go with it but Dane and Court are simply perfect together. Court fights it the best he can (which isn't much) because Dane has "plans" and ways to wear him down :) Court just can't fight Dane's plans or his dirty talk. Dane is relentless :)

I really enjoyed this one - simply loved it. Sexy, humorous, serious. Hoping for more from this author.
DL
Here is another book where I loved the characters but got a bit lost in the story. The start of this book was so strong it took my breath away. Then it skipped to other people and other times and left me wondering what I had missed. I never did figure out why C. had his powers. Or what the doctor was doing following him. Or what happened to the guy he was imprisoned with at the end.
Addicted2M/M
Love Court & Dane. Dane was a force of nature, I love his intense determination. Court, while "broken" was not a wuss. Nice secondary characters, would love to hear more about Markus. (view spoiler)

Glad I got it right away after reading Mountie's review. Well worth it.
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Jan 29, 2014 Heather K (dentist in my spare time) marked it as will-return-to-later
I'm having a verrrrrryyyy hard time getting into this. It is much... odder than I was expecting. The writing style is unusual and I'm finding it to be a bit confusing. I think I'll try return to it at a later date.
Simsala
Jan 11, 2012 Simsala marked it as to-be-finished-later
Shelves: m-m, paranormal
To be finished later...maybe.In current mood this just causes a headache...
Phaney
The first thing I noticed was the interesting diction. Very much immediate, in-your-face appealing.
The beginning’s simply beautiful in its stark terror. The gruesome condition Dane is found in… And then it becomes even more horrifying. I was trying not to cry by chapter two.

Dane is… special. Initially he seems like a windbag and I can see why people are annoyed by him. He is a force of nature, though. (Ha! I jotted that down before the book used the same words.) It does not take long to discover
Mountie
Forever in One Second was magical, truly magical. I am a very very very content reader. :-)

The story starts by grabbing you with an explosive opening sequence, introducing Dane, Courtnay and the gift. Then a love story, so you know they are cemented together: their relationship solid and their love started and growing. And damn, the sex exquisite. I loved Dane's take charged attitude, his sense of humour and zest for life. Courtnay was a quieter soul, troubled but willing to open and accept. Min
  • Wacky Wednesday
  • With a Kiss
  • Inheritance (Dominion #1)
  • Pale as a Ghost
  • The Psychic and the Sleuth
  • Song of Oestend (Oestend #1)
  • A Reason To Believe
  • Irregulars
  • Static
  • Hell Cop
  • Unexpected Demands (Hidden Wolves, #2)
  • Camp Hell (PsyCop, #5)
  • Better
  • Natural Instincts (Instincts, #1)
  • Skin Deep (Fae, #1)
  • Paul's Dream
  • Spirit Sanguine (Sanguine, #1)
  • The Darkling Thrush
Finn Marlowe is a paralegal by day and erotic (M/M) romance novelist by night. She believes daydreaming is a vastly underrated pastime and probably spends way too much time at it. Her kids no longer ask what’s wrong when they spy her staring off into space—they just assume she’s writing a scene from her next novel and they’re probably right. Paranormal romance is her favorite genre to write, and t ...more
More about Finn Marlowe...
Not His Kiss to Take A Thread of Deepest Black As He Watches Stranded by Lies Love Has No Boundaries Anthology: Volume 7

“Is he following? Can you have a flaming gay moment or something and check?"
"Why do I have to be the flaming gay one?”
12 likes
“Impressive," Court offered, gallantly bending to retrieve the shoe. "You should join the theater."
"Fuck you."
"I owed you that."
"Revenge is a dish best served with a side of handcuffs and a hard ass-fucking. Remember that."
Really is a dirty fighter. Goddamn.
10 likes