The Devil Makes Three (The Devil You Know, #1)

The Devil Makes Three (The Devil You Know #1)

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  86 ratings  ·  23 reviews
After her twin sister is murdered in a dressing room standoff, Gretchen Tanner seeks revenge by murdering the parasite who put her sister in an early grave. Unfortunately for her, she finds revenge brings more trouble than it's worth. Gretchen's accomplice in murder discovers her darkest secrets and uses them to force her into acting as his delivery girl, delivering packag...more
Published October 2nd 2011 by CreateSpace (first published June 22nd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Devil Makes Three, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Devil Makes Three

Black Moon by Jessica McQuayI'll Tell You Mine by Pip HarryHush Money by Susan BischoffThe Devil Makes Three by Julie ManganLie to Me by Angela Fristoe
Shush!
4th out of 44 books — 13 voters
The Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsDivergent by Veronica RothHarry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. RowlingCatching Fire by Suzanne CollinsMockingjay by Suzanne Collins
MUST READS!!!
470th out of 2,235 books — 1,803 voters

More lists with this book...

Laura Z
I received The Devil Makes Three free through a Goodreads First Reads giveaway in return for an honest review of the book.

This book is a real page turner—very hard to put down. I always wanted to know the next thing that was going to happen and before I knew it I was done! Now I want to read the next one--What an entertaining read! Gretchen works at her family’s funeral home as the night security guard, which really means, for her, digging up the fresh graves and stealing the valuables, usually...more
Suzie Ivy
This was a fun read and I give it 4 and 1/2 stars. First you have three men, Corbin, Collin and Cohen, or is it one psychotic man who has a personality disorder? Mix this with a kleptomaniac grave digger, Gretchen, who the main story is about and you have pure delight in a book. I loved Gretchen beginning with the first chapter; she’s my kind of woman. Mix her with the three “C’s” and just enjoy the game.

I tend to enjoy mystery/romance with a little sex thrown in and wasn’t sure if Gretchen act...more
Shelly Blackmore
The Devil Makes Three is a fun romp through the life of Gretchen Tanner, revenge murderer and grave robber extraordinaire. When Gretchen confronts her twin sister's murderer to exact a proper punishment, she is surprised to find assistance in the form of a hot, sexy man who is no doubt, Pure Evil. However, when he shows up again in her life as an FBI agent, and then again as her Criminology professor, Gretchen makes the only asumption she can - the dude has a split personality! Her attraction to...more
Pam
I won this as a first reads off goodreads and really enjoyed this book. Gretchen is an awesome character. She goes to school and works at the family funeral home at night. She makes extra money doing some strange and shocking things that at times are hilarious. She is also a woman after revenge. She soon meets three guys she really likes. The problem is she thinks they are the same guy with split personality. You keep guessing the whole book is there one guy or three. You need to read it to find...more
Cassie
I really enjoyed this book. It was definatley unique. The main character, Gretchen, has some serious issues. However, so do the three men she has feelings for. Or is it one man with mulitple personalites? This was an incredible story that completley sucks you in. I suggest this book to everyone who enjoys psychological/romance/thrillers.
Nicky
Loved, Loved, Loved this book! I had to start reading the next book as soon as I finished this one. It it amazing, and funny, could not put it down. A must read!If you only read one book, this would be it, because the author has you grabbing for the next one, and then you will read three books instead of one :)
Darlene
Mind Blowing plot Excellent! :)
Melissa Summers
Gretchen works for her family business, a funeral home. Not having any interest in any of the occupations that a funeral home offers, she works night shift security. To supplement her income she relieves the recently buried of their valuables...and great shoes.

When the murderer of her twin sister is released from prison, Gretchen is set on revenge. During her mission of removing evil she is interrupted by a striking individual that is not above breaking the law. He then appears as an investigati...more
Jana
Fast and fun!

Although there are some editing issues, this book has a fun premise and some great twists and turns. Recommended for anyone who want a fun little get away from reality.
SecretNinjaGRL
Wow, this book was...intense? I mean, it was a lot to keep up with who was what, where, and when but phew, I made it. It wasn't a book that made you struggle because the content sucked; in fact, it was a book that was so mind-blogging, that you may struggle to follow it simply because there are so many "C"-named men involved and it's just...wow. I'm actually looking forward to getting my hands on the next books in this series to find out how it plays out and what happens exactly. It's a very twi...more
Susie
I recieved this book as a free Goodreads giveaway.

This is a wonderful book. Once I started it I couldn't put it down! The story grabs you from the beginning and keeps you guessing whats coming next. The storyline was great as it wasn't an already overused idea. Characters were believable and fun to read. Fresh and unique. I can't wait to get the next one and continue with these characters!
Turtles
Dixie
While Gretchen's frustration in trying to figure out just what is going on with the men in her life is easily felt by the reader so is empathy for her situation. The story moves along quickly and is fun for the reader to try, along with G, to figure out just what is developing. Fun story.

Jordan
Apparently it's okay to murder people and break into someone's apartment if you're a hot dude. This book reminded me of Twilight, and that's definitely not a good thing.

Mangan has created an extremely weak female character, and I find it more than a little bit sickening.
Meg
This book started out great, with a mystery-noir style that jumped right off the page from the very first chapter. I was enthralled with the fun pace and twists to begin with but about halfway through, the characters went flat and annoying and I found it a bit hard to finish.
Laronda Atchison
I won this book through a Goodreads giveaway. I loved this book. It was a fun read with lots of sexual tension. Gretchen's attitude and sarcasm reminded me a bit of Izzy of The Spellman Files. Definitely going to recommend it and have already loaned it out.
Christine Hayes
Was an interesting story. The main character and her love interest meet while shooting at the same guy. Then she spends the rest of the book thinking her boyfriend has a split personality.Felt it ended abruptly.
Ginny Skarsten
The writing style is very much like Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum books. A fun read. There are two sequels (so far), The Devil May Care and The Devil's Due.
love this book. it's a great read. it has a perfect balance of humor, mystery, and romance. can't wait to read the next.
S. James Nelson
Fun book. Good humour and snappy writing. Characters are a lot of fun. Recommended read.
Starla B
Started off slow for me, but quickly picked up. Now I'm dying to know what happens next.
Liesl Nelson
Awesome. Loved the triplets.
Linnette
Linnette marked it as to-read
Aug 19, 2014
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Katya
Katya marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2014
Ceres
Ceres marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
Roxy
Roxy marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
  • London Broil (Fractured Fairy Tales)
  • Nowhere to Run (Stephanie Carovella #1)
  • The Avenger (Bigler County, #2)
  • All the Blue-Eyed Angels (Erin Solomon Pentalogy, #1)
  • Flirting With Death (Assassins Anonymous - Step One)
  • Justice (Galilee Falls Trilogy, #1)
  • No One Lives Twice (Lexi Carmichael Mystery, #1)
  • Sky's End (Cassiel Winters, #1)
  • Georgetown Academy: Book One
  • The Only Witness
  • Flat Crazy (A Blanco County Mystery #3)
  • Therian (The Bloody Crescent, #1)
  • The Cinderella Blues
  • Chain of Command (McKenzie McClendon, #1)
  • The Cowboy and the Vampire: A Very Unusual Romance
  • Three Moons Over Sedona
  • The Concubine's Gift
  • You Again
The Devil May Care (The Devil You Know, #2) The Devil's Due (The Devil You Know, #3) The Devil to Pay (The Devil You Know, #4)