Start by marking “Third Grave Dead Ahead (Charley Davidson, #3)” as Want to Read:
Third Grave Dead Ahead (Charley Davidson, #3)

Third Grave Dead Ahead (Charley Davidson #3)

4.40  ·  Rating Details  ·  27,301 Ratings  ·  2,286 Reviews
Paranormal private eye. Grim reaper extraordinaire. Whatever. Charley Davidson is back! And she's drinking copious amounts of caffeine to stay awake because every time she closes her eyes she sees him: Reyes Farrow, the part-human, part-supermodel son of Satan.

Granted she did imprison Reyes for all eternity, but how is she supposed to solve a missing-persons case, deal wit
Published February 2nd 2012 (first published January 31st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Third Grave Dead Ahead, please sign up.

Roberta Do you mean like torture where people get slashed with a knife? I mean "gore" means "blood that has been shed" so there is definitely gore.

Suzanne (Doppleganger)
Feb 13, 2012 Suzanne (Doppleganger) rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal, ghosts, funny
This book was fabulous! I can honestly say I loved every single page, and not because of Charley's severe coffee addiction. That's just a bonus.

I loved this book because Charley gets funnier, Reyes shows more of his hot devilish side, Cookie and Charley have the most hysterical dialogue, and Wong is...still in the corner.

Somewhere about halfway into Third Grave it hit me that I was completely wrapped up in the plot. Charley isn't just the grim reaper, Reyes' love interest, or a crazy woman in
♥Rachel♥
3.5 Stars

As usual I laughed my ass off (got weird looks from my hubby all the while, lol!) at Charley’s antics. The mystery was addictive, but I put a few things together way before Charley should have. I was surprised by at how things got serious real quick and there were grisly parts that creeped me out and wrenched my heart! Darynda really put Charley through the ringer in this installment! Betrayals from loved ones and something sad at the end made me feel terrible for Charley!

I wished we g
Jilly
dressed in a pair of comfortable jeans, a loose black sweater, and a pair of killer boots I got off a biker for a lap dance. He was pretty darned good, too, after I got past my aversion to back hair.

Oh, Charley - she just cracks me up!

In this book, Charley is asked to find a missing person, but she is sure that the guy who hires her is actually the person's killer. She is also suspicious that this guy will try and kill her too when he realizes that she knows the truth. Of course he's going to
Giselle
Jan 25, 2012 Giselle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, own, paranormal, adult
"Death comes to those who wait. And to those who don't. So either way…"

I could never get tired of our dear Charley Davidson. First Grave on the Right and Second Grave on the Left were both incredibly funny and smart. Third Grave Dead Ahead is no exception. It only took about 10 pages for me to be falling off my chair laughing.

The plot in Third Grave Dead Ahead is similar to the others. Charley gets a case; trying to find a missing person, while dealing with Reyes and the other pain in the butt
Dija
Feb 10, 2012 Dija rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Dija by: The cover
The UF genre needs more series like Charley Davidson, and more heroines like Charley. Series like this are the reason I became obsessed with the genre in the first place. Series that make me seriously entertain the thought of an alternate world out there, one where the Son of Satan grim reapers, werewolves, vampires, angels, and the whole lot run free. I've always considered a healthy belief in "What if's" to be essential for one's mental growth, so no, I'm not at all concerned about my sanity a ...more
VampireNovelFan
Dead on Arrival…

I’m starting to wonder how many more directions we’ll get to these graves. Right, left, ahead… I don’t even know if Charley knows where she’s going anymore. I just hope the cemetery isn’t that big. Personally, I just want to know the directions to the exit.

Third Grave Dead Ahead is the third installment of the Charley Davidson series by Darynda Jones. Charley once again is pulled into a murder case, this time involving a possessive doctor and his missing wife. She’d like to be
Anna M.
Jun 02, 2016 Anna M. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My favorite so far!
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja)
This is actually the first book in the series that I've read, but it was fairly smooth sailing despite that fact. It did take me a while to get used to the quirky/corny humor. But I have to say, I enjoyed the time I spent with Charley, Reyes, Cookie, Garrett and the others. Don't let the silly humor fool you. Darynda Jones writes a good quality mystery story.

Reviewed for Affaire de Coeur in the February 2012 Issue. http://affairedecoeur.com.
SubterraneanCatalyst
I enjoy reading about Charley and her adventures with Cookie and the hot steaming tease that is Reyes. This book was better than the other two installments because we're getting more information about what Charley really is- we know she's a Grim Reaper. But what else is she capable of? Reyes has been hinting at this since the last book I believe and although that isn't expounded upon in detail here- we do get to see where this whole train is headed toward.

Reyes:
[I don't know who this man is..he'
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
This whole book made me sleepy...well, except some of the Reyes scenes!! The problem is Charley is refusing to sleep and things are getting pretty crazy. Every time she goes to sleep, Reyes shows up and he is angry. Granted he wants her but he doesn't want to want her and Charley doesn't like that. Who can blame her?

I'm not sure what it is about this series but it has sucked me in. I love all the snark, I love how dangerous and angry Reyes is, I love how crazy Garrett is and how sweet Cookie is
Third Grave Dead Ahead is the third installment in Darynda Jones's paranormal mystery series titled: Charley Davidson. Charley is our heroine in this series, and she is in fact the Grim Reaper. I love this concept! ...and I love her! Charley is just an amazing heroine! She's got attitude, loyalty, a wild sense of humor, and a real-life dream man. Yep, sexy, sexy dream man...

The series as a whole presents an ongoing story line that would be best enjoyed in order; however, there is a separate myst
Hershey
One thing you need to know about the Charley Davidson series: It is damn addictive!

I'm completely obsessed with this series.

I think there should be more books like the Charley Davidson series. A concoction of all the elements a reader would love. For those of you who are still wondering whether to read this series or not, just go ahead and buy the book. You will not regret it.

Some of my favorite quotes:

“The top five things you never want to say to a grim reaper:
I’m dead tired.
You’re killin
Christen *Goldilox And The Three Weres*

This review will not contain spoilers for this book, but do not read it you haven't read books 1 and 2 in this series.

Another wonderful installment in Darynda Jones' hilarious and sexy Charley Davidson series!

Third Grave Dead Ahead begins almost where it left off - with Reyes back in jail and pisssssed at Charley. Since she bound him to his corporeal body he is stuck in jail and can't visit her incorporeally...except that he can. Every time Charley falls asleep he visits her, which would be HOT
Ferdy
Some Spoilers

Charley, Danger and Will Robinson are back and better than ever. Charley is trying her best to stay awake to avoid Reyes who is visiting her in her sleep. Reyes is furiuos that Charley bound his incorperal self to his human body, thus leaving him vunerable. Even though he's angry at Charley he can't help smexing her up when he sees her. There's a lot of tension and resentment between Charley and Reyes, both hurting one other in order to protect the other. Unfortunatley for Charley
Aly's Bookish Wonderland
Charley is still lusting after a creep who threatened her with a knife, and then threatened her family.

I'm honestly worried.

GARRETT FTW.

3.5
Lexxie (un)Conventional Bookviews
This review was originally posted on (un)Conventional Bookviews
I really enjoy how this series is progressing, Third Grave Dead Ahead moved forward with the main plot at a nice pace, and the secondary plotlines were at break-neck speed.

Review - (un)Conventional Bookviews

I always enjoy a healthy dose of Charley, and of course, Reyes and Cookie, too! In Third Grave Dead Ahead, there was a lot going on, both in the overall story arc, with Charley needing to understand exactly what she is, and all she can do. A missing person she ne
Shelley
*Rating* 4-4 1/2
*Genre* Urban Fantasy

*Review Spoiler Free!*

Paranormal Private Investigator and Grim Reaper Charley Davidson has more than a few problems this time around. Her main problem is the fact that she can’t sleep without having Reyes Farrow jumping her bones every time she closes her eyes. Reyes is extremely angry at Charley to the point where he ends up using her in a big way and now I’m extremely anxious to read the next installment to see what happens next.

Charley is still one of the
Beanbag Love
Jul 25, 2015 Beanbag Love rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Never would have thought I'd give one of these books five stars, but I just enjoyed the crap out of this one.

The humor was appropriate rather than coming off mean spirited and forced as it did in the previous installment. The action was thrilling, mystery was decent and the emotion was real. I'm stopping myself right now from opening the next one.

I only had one quibble and that had to do with (view spoiler)
Yona
Dec 09, 2014 Yona rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This series is kind of addictive.
Jess
Jan 27, 2012 Jess rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for_review
Review Posted: Happily Ever After - Reads
Blog Rating: 4.5/5

“How many cups of coffee have you had today?”

I counted on my fingers before remembering they should remain on the steering wheel at all times when driving. “Seven,” I said, swerving to narrowly miss a horrified pedestrian.

“Just seven?”

“And twelve-halves.”

Charley running on days of no sleep. Oh yes…take a moment and imagine that, if you will. That’s what she’s in the middle of as THIRD GRAVE DEAD AHEAD opens, because every time she
Julie
Feb 15, 2012 Julie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Posted at Yummy Men & Kick Ass Chicks. I have some great quotes posted with my review on the blog. :)

This right here, my review for Third Grave on the Left by Darynda Jones, is turning out to be one of the hardest reviews I’ve ever had to write. Not because I was sorely disappointed in the book but because it was such a fan-freakin’-tastic read I am afraid I won’t be able to put into words how much I enjoyed it! I mean, I want to go and find the highest hill in my area, climb on top of it
Jen (Red Hot Books)
Just when I thought this series couldn't get any better, a new Charley Davidson book comes along and shows me just how very, very wrong I was. This story was absolutely amazing, taking me on a thrill ride from the very first page until the very last. Now that the book is over, I'm left stunned, satisfied, a little shaken-up, and mostly desperate... for the next book to come out.

As the story begins, Charley is fighting to stay awake. That's because every time she closes her eyes, Reyes is there.
Cat Russell  (Addicted2Heroines)
This is one of those rare series that I've consistently given 5 stars to. I'm very stingy with my 5 star ratings, but these stories have everything that I enjoy. A strong protagonist, engaging mysteries, lots of humor, enjoyable secondary characters, and a male love interest that has me drooling all over the pages.

Simply put, I can't get enough of Charley and Reyes.

The dynamics in their relationship take an unexpected turn in this third installment and we see a side of Reyes that is a little u
Paige  *an exploding fluffball* Bookdragon
Oh fuck. Wrong review. Here's the right one.

--------------------

Darynda Jones,

What the hell? Don't ever joke about Garrett like that. Nopey nopey nope.

By the way,did I mention that I'm still loving your series? I seriously dig your T-shirt quotes (or rather Charley's Tshirts).

Be right back,
Paige
Anya
Dec 16, 2015 Anya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! Es imposible parar de leer...me encanta Charley!!! Y la trama sobre muertos, Ángeles infernales encantadores, aunque un poco locos (Reyes) es simplemente exquisita...y a quién no le hace falta una familia que a pesar de todo te ama con locura...
Laura Carson
This series has convinced me that Darynda Jones has to be one of the coolest people to hang out with.
Third Grave Dead Ahead has to be the best Charley Davidson installment yet. One of my favorite heroines is back and sassier than ever. We even got more Reyes in this one. The humor doesn't stop, but it's not the only emotion you feel. The action is non-stop and it's so hard to put down!
Well developed supporting characters are just as important to me in a book as good main characters. The story ju
Fabienne Gilbert
First of all I just want to say that is is by far out of the first 3 so far that I have re-read. I could remember most of it like I could with the other two and once I got down to the last 90% I knew why this one was my favourite and demolished the last 10% within minutes and then went back to it again and read it slower so I could almost make it last that little longer. Honestly my love for this book can not really be put into words, the character development is great and by the end you can fee ...more
Sercan Vatansever
Harika, harika ve harika!
Muhteşem karakterler, kahkahalar attıran diyaloglar, neredeyse 5 katlı bir olay örgüsü ve muazzam bir kurgu... Ayrıca fantastik olaylar yanı sıra polisiye açlığımı da doyurdu. Serinin en başarılı romanıydı bence ve seri gittikçe güzelleşiyor. Bir sonraki kitapta şok edici olayların olacağına eminim.
Daha ne isteyebilirim?

Veeeeeeeeee alıntılar :D

Cookie: Charley, babanın kahvesini yürütmüş olamazsın.
Charley: O öyle bir andı ki tatlım, sütlü kahve için kendimi bile satabilir
Carolyn F.
Oh my gosh! Great book! Thanks to all the so-so ratings from other readers, I came to this book thinking it would be just okay and I'd have to struggle through it. The opposite happened. I started this book last night and read for about an hour, slept, worked 8 hours, did a bunch of errands, did some laundry and dishes, and STILL managed to finish this book tonight because I was pretty much carrying it around as soon as I got home. Who needs to actually see the shirt as you're folding it? It's m ...more
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 7 Mar 27, 2015 07:36AM
Am I the only one.... 15 275 Jul 23, 2014 09:09PM
Darynda Jones Fans: Recommendations? 28 404 Nov 26, 2012 03:09PM
Third Grave Dead Ahead 24 171 Oct 05, 2012 08:34AM
Madison Mega-Mara...: Third Grave Dead Ahead 1 3 May 22, 2012 12:29PM
Romance Lovers fo...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Third Grave Dead Ahead (Charley Davidson #3) - Start Date February 25th 108 44 Mar 09, 2012 01:50PM
  • Sacrificial Magic (Downside Ghosts, #4)
  • The Renfield Syndrome (Rhiannon's Law, #2)
  • Summoning the Night (Arcadia Bell, #2)
  • Sins of the Demon (Kara Gillian, #4)
  • Grave Memory (Alex Craft, #3)
  • The Kingdom (Graveyard Queen, #2)
  • Head Rush (The Disillusionists, #3)
  • Nice Girls Don't Bite Their Neighbors (Jane Jameson, #4)
  • Magic Rises (Kate Daniels, #6)
NYTimes and USA Today Bestselling Author Darynda Jones has won numerous awards for her work, including a prestigious RITA, a Golden Heart, and a Daphne du Maurier. As a born storyteller, she grew up spinning tales of dashing damsels and heroes in distress for any unfortunate soul who happened by, annoying man and beast alike. She currently has two series with St. Martin's Press, the Charley Davids ...more
More about Darynda Jones...

Charley Davidson (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson, #1)
  • Second Grave on the Left (Charley Davidson, #2)
  • Fourth Grave Beneath My Feet (Charley Davidson, #4)
  • Fifth Grave Past the Light (Charley Davidson, #5)
  • Sixth Grave on the Edge (Charley Davidson, #6)
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
  • The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson, #9)
  • The Curse of Tenth Grave (Charley Davidson, #10)
  • Eleventh Grave in Moonlight (Charley Davidson, #11)

“Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong. -T-Shirt” 286 likes
“Lead me not into temptation. I can find it myself. (T-Shirt)” 248 likes