Start by marking “The Lost Journal (Secret Apocalypse)” as Want to Read:
The Lost Journal (Secret Apocalypse)

The Lost Journal (Secret Apocalypse #1.5)

3.96 of 5 stars 3.96  ·  rating details  ·  55 ratings  ·  5 reviews
This is the journal of Private Kenji Yoshida of the U.S. Marine Corp. It details his experiences in the field with the Oz virus and in particular the initial outbreak at the small outback town of Woomera - the beginnings of what is now known as the Secret Apocalypse.

It also details his relationship with Rebecca Robinson, the only known survivor of the Oz virus.

It is a stor
Published September 6th 2011

To ask other readers questions about The Lost Journal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lost Journal

Tammy K.
This is a short story in the series a Secret Apocalypse, that takes place between books 1 and 2.
It is about a US soldier named Kenji who was sent into battle during the initial stages of the Zombie outbreak in Australia. That is pretty much all that it has in common with the first book of the series. I was expecting (hoping) to have the characters in this installment connect somehow with those of the first book, but it didn’t happen.
I enjoyed this story. There was usually a clear path for the c
Karen
This was a nice short read that leads you into what caused the tragedy in Australia in the first place as well as letting you get to know one of the main characters from the Secret Apocalypse series. The story flows forward giving you information enough to understand what is going on. The language works for the character and the situations that he is in. This is not an adrenaline rush type of thing but more of a gradual build with a narrative that overlays all.

Kenji Yoshida was shipped off to mi
Lisa Cleveland
Great book. I had read something from this author about a year and a half ago, and I really liked his writing style, so I slowly started collecting all of his books and figured I'd read them when I had 4 or 5 in the series. Finally, I started reading them a few days ago. What a great start and now I'm off to read The Secret Apocalypse, part one. Yeah, I'm glad I waited so I could read these books all at once! Yep, I'd recommend this book and author.
Netanella
First person narrative of young Kenji, a soft-hearted soldier who's redeployed from Afghanistan to Woomera, Australia, to contain an outbreak at the immigration center there. Despite being in the military, Kenji is not the typical alpha-male type you might find in most zombie fiction. Rather, Kenji spends his time thinking about his lost girlfriend Rebecca and wondering why he keeps being ordered to kill innocent civilians. Kenji's such a kind soul, his belief in the rightness of people such tha ...more
Helena Sheibler
Quite simply excellent.
Traci Chapman
Traci Chapman marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2015
Chris Roeszler
Chris Roeszler marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Vettius29
Vettius29 marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2014
klee.
klee. marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
Christine Frank
Christine Frank marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
Michael Broussard
Michael Broussard marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2014
Lyn Mckenzie
Lyn Mckenzie marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
dingo little
dingo little marked it as to-read
Sep 02, 2014
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
Vix
Vix marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
Gaby Flores
Gaby Flores marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Carrie Bourgeois
Carrie Bourgeois marked it as to-read
Aug 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

Secret Apocalypse (5 books)
  • The Secret Apocalypse (Secret Apocalypse, #1)
  • The Sixth Level (Secret Apocalypse, #2)
  • Where The Dead Men Lie (Secret Apocalypse, #3)
  • Torn Apart (The Secret Apocalypse, #4)
  • Salvation (Secret Apocalypse, #5)
The Secret Apocalypse (Secret Apocalypse, #1) The Sixth Level (Secret Apocalypse, #2) Where The Dead Men Lie (Secret Apocalypse, #3) Torn Apart (The Secret Apocalypse, #4) Salvation (Secret Apocalypse, #5)