Start by marking “Story of a Rag Doll” as Want to Read:
Story of a Rag Doll

Story of a Rag Doll

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  13 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Levi Ford has been in love with Toby Gillespie as long as she can remember. So when he finally starts showing an interest in her, it seems like she's getting everything she ever wanted... There's just one problem. He already has a girlfriend. And he's not sure whether he's ready to give that up.

So Levi starts playing his game - and the consequences will alter her just as m
Published October 11th 2011 by Songbird Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Story of a Rag Doll, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Story of a Rag Doll

Isabel
WOW. Just incredible. This book actually had me weeping at some points, but it was also the most hilarious book I've read in a while! Even better than Vermillion. Alex, you are so talented! Keep writing!
Megha
Right. This is a long overdue review, so I really, really apologise Alex!

Well. It was really wonderful to read this book! I'm quite often divulged into fantasy and things set in the past, or in a completely different world, so when I'm reading something that's true right now, it's really refreshing. And I'm not having the most wonderful time these days (don't want to talk about it), so this book was quite perfectly timed.

OKAY. I'M DONE WITH MY LIFE STORY. (Note to self: No one cares about your l
Jamee Pritchard
This book was such an emotional ride. I absolutely connected with the characters and felt their frustrations, their sadness and joy, and their evolution from childhood to adulthood. I was in a love-hate relationship with the main character, Levi, because I didn’t always agree with her choices. She clearly was a fan at making her life miserable. I constantly had an internal dialogue with her, berating her for letting a boy control her life. Toby, the main male character in the book, was a game-pl ...more
Bodea
Story of a Rag Doll was really well written with a simple plot. I felt like the writing realistically captured the ups and downs of teenage love. The plot was slow, but once I got past the first 50 or so pages, which were bogged down with way too much description, I was engrossed and wanted to see things through to the end. I thought all of the characters were well developed as well.

The setting for this story was set up very well. It was easy to picture this sort of sleepy town where the kids s
Katharine
I very quickly got caught up in the lives of Levi and Toby! This story so accurately depicts how young relationships can be and has you screaming advice to them, begging for things to go one way or the other. This is a great wee read and had me reading it cover to cover in the space of a couple of days!
Melissa
There's a thin line between love and hate... As much as I hate to admit it, I can relate to this book all to well... Funny but all through high school it was always wanting what you couldn't have. As for the book, I really enjoyed it and would recommend it to others.
Cecilia Garcia
Cecilia Garcia marked it as to-read
Sep 24, 2013
Kassie
Kassie marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2013
Kathy
Kathy marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2012
Autumn
Autumn added it
Aug 19, 2012
edzkie♥§*.*§♥
edzkie♥§*.*§♥ marked it as to-read
May 21, 2012
Dawn
Dawn added it
May 07, 2012
Glinda Izabel
Glinda Izabel marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2012
Dee ✘
Dee ✘ marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2012
Roshini
Roshini marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2012
Elaine
Elaine marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2012
Jennie
Jennie marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2012
Maddie
Maddie marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2012
Daisy Contreras
Daisy Contreras marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2012
Lina
Lina marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2012
Sarah marked it as to-read
~Sam~
~Sam~ marked it as to-read
King JT
King JT marked it as to-read
IslaRose
IslaRose marked it as to-read
Vermillion Dust

“We left for the tour the next morning. I spent the entire coach journey (several hours) texting Toby about everything that I saw and heard. He probably replied about once every ten texts, but I didn't care; it was more for my own amusement than to entertain him.” 2 likes
“When I walked out again I could hear Toby at the foot of the stairs, calling up to me, undoubtedly prevented from ascending by Miss Kilnside.

"What do you want?" I shouted down the stairs.

"Will you come and talk to me, please?" he called back.

"Why should I?" I asked.

"Because I fucking love you!" he shouted, and I heard Miss Kilnside sharply rebuff him for his language, but after that I could hear nothing because I'd slammed the door of my room behind me.

The rag doll was lying on my pillow, staring up at me through her one button eye, glaring at me. I picked it up and threw it against the wall with all the force I could muster; it fell behind the radiator.

"What the fuck are you doing?" I screamed at it, or me; I couldn't tell.”
1 likes