Start by marking “Three Cups” as Want to Read:

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  22 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Teaching children how to save, spend, and be charitable can be as simple as 1, 2, 3.

All parents want to teach their children good money habits from an early age. Many start by giving them an allowance. But it s equally important to teach children a positive, generous attitude as they learn to use money responsibly.

Filled with warm, memorable illustrations by award-winning...more
Published November 8th 2011 by Thomas Nelson Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Three Cups, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Three Cups

Aik Chien 인첸
Three Cups is a great book for kids. It teaches them how to manage their money wisely with a simple concept.

The three cups in this book are the saving cup, the spending cup and the giving cup. The money in the saving cup will be kept in the bank once the cup is full.

The money in the spending cup is used to buy something that the kids want. Kids will learn to spend money wisely, and differentiate between what they want and what they need.

The money in the giving cup serves a noble purpose: to help...more
Nancy
I love the idea of teaching children how to save, spend, and share their money, because my father taught me and my sister early on how to make use with what we have wisely. Because I could relate with the premise, I signed up to review Three Cups written by Tony Townsley and Mark St. Germain and illustrated by April Willy, through Booksneeze.

The whole story is thought-provoking and makes me, as an adult, want to read it again and again until I got the whole teaching process of money management f...more
Mikejencostanzo
For each kid in or family, three colorful margarine tubs came out every Saturday for “Allowance Time.” Dad would divvy out our funds, tithe in the red tub, savings in the blue, and some spending money in the yellow tub. As it turns out, our quirky family tradition is nearly identical to the concept behind the book Three Cups. Here, we join a little boy on his own journey of learning to use his allowance money according to those same three categories.

While this book is produced by a Christian pub...more
Jessica
This is a simple story parents can use to teach children the basics of managing money. The illustrations are sweet and may help younger children understand the book better, though the story is simple enough for school age children. The authors include a short guide for parents at the end with 10 simple steps to begin using this method with one's children. This method includes not only the basic ideas of saving, spending and giving, but briefly introduces banking principles as the boy in the stor...more
Christine Gaudreau
I downloaded this book for my Nook and read the whole story in about 5 minutes or less. It was a simple story of a boy that got three cups labeled Save, Spend and Give for his 5th birthday. I am disappointed with the size of the book. I didn't realize with illustrations, it had only 19 pages. I was expecting a feel good story of how this little boy did with his money. We give our 5 year old an allowance and have taught him how to give to others; such as buying a Toy for the Toys for Tots program...more
Shelli
Amazing read for all parents! Great way to teach your children about money. In the book the boy is given 3 cups from the cupboard on his 5th birthday. One cup for spending money, one for savings, and one for giving to others. The parents then started giving him a weekly allowance and the money was divided up between the cups. Such a wonderful character building life lesson for anyone. To instill this good habit in a young child is a gift for a lifetime.
Melissa ( Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf)
Adorable illustrations and valuable lessons fill this book. It teaches children from a young age the simple tools needed to save money. And on top of that it also encourages the importance of giving as well. I think that even adults would do well to be reminded about how easy it is to save and that most of us...if we think about it…also have the capacity on some level to give as well.
Theresa Le
Theresa Le marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2014
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2014
Tamara
Tamara marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2013
Monica
Monica added it
Sep 23, 2012
drowningmermaid
drowningmermaid marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2011
Angel
Angel marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2011