Start by marking “Nate's Deputy (Shifters' Haven #5)” as Want to Read:
Nate's Deputy (Shifters' Haven #5)

Nate's Deputy (Shifters' Haven #5)

3.78  ·  Rating Details  ·  309 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
Book five in the Shifter's Haven Series

Can two very stubborn men conquer their personal demons in order to come together as mates? Werewolf Nate Stanford is riddled with guilt over his brother Rick's death...so much so that when he meets his mate-Deputy Sheriff Jared Ambrose-he rejects him, believing he is not good enough for Jared and not worthy of being loved. The only t
Published April 30th 2012 by Total E-Bound

To ask other readers questions about Nate's Deputy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nate's Deputy

Bubbles  Hunty Honest & Direct Opinions
BEST OF THE SERIES SO FAR! LOVED IT!

Poor Nate. So sweet and handsome but can't get over the guilt he feels because he blames himself for what his brother Rick did in book one.

So take the super sexy Nate

Then throw in his equally sexy Mate

Add in that they are both reluctant to mate and try to ignore their bond leads to some scorching tension.

This book had a lot of surprises and twists. It really set up a new direction for the story. You should read this to see the changes in store for Wolfcree
Ericka Walden
May 01, 2012 Ericka Walden rated it it was amazing
(singing LOUDLY)...... AND IT KEEPS GETTIN BETTA!!!!! Lavinia is just one of those (very few authors) that I automatically just buy when I see her name!! And Missy never disappoint's!! Excellent addition to the series...and, uh....this is book 5.... So....not sure how to catch you all up if you haven't started the series.....so........how bout you run out and buy the first 4, read em, and then we'll talk. Kay? Come on..... Sigh.... Cowboys, Shifters, murder mystery, did I mention Cowboys? And Sh ...more
Veronica /  V
May 01, 2012 Veronica / V rated it really liked it
Fantastic!!!
Although, if you want to read a really good review, cute, charming,and full of great pictures ..well you won't find that here, you better check this gorgeous review.

Jacqueline
Aug 20, 2014 Jacqueline rated it liked it
This book was HOT! I totally enjoyed it. The plot was strong the smexey scenes were close to perfect... Why -0.5 well when I got next to the last page, she used the wrong name in a scene DAMN! Other than that the book was rock solid.
Barb Manning
Nate's Deputy is the fifth book in Lavinia Lewis' Shifters' Haven series. It's a standalone story about two strong-willed gay werewolf shifters, Nate Stanford and Deputy Jared Ambrose. Nate's Deputy focuses on life in the small town of Wolf Creek and the activities of its denizens.

Jared is looking to find a home for him and his troubled younger brother, Tristan; while Nate's want to restore the home his deceased brother Rick lost. At the same time these two stubborn young men work to gain a home
Valentina Heart
This review was originally written for The Romance Reviews and can also be found there.

When it comes to shifters, I've been through quite a few books and I'm always interested in the differences between them and the humans. After all, it's the very reason why I'm reading shifter stories in the first place.

NATE'S DEPUTY is the fifth book in the Shifters' Haven series and since it was noted that I could read it without having read any of the previous books, I jumped right in.

Nate has come home af
Sui Lynn
May 05, 2012 Sui Lynn rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance
This was a very good shifter story. I've enjoyed all of the books in this series, some more than others. This one was especially good as both characters fought against the "we're mates=HEA" that many shifter stories are based on. I enjoyed the angst and the thickening main plotline that is driving this series. I'm anxious to see where it carries this series.

One bad point I've noticed about the author's style, at least in my opinion. The ending is a bit abrupt for my taste. I like to revel in the
Suze
May 11, 2015 Suze rated it liked it
Recommended to Suze by: Won on IRM blog
I found this a good, easy to read story. Its no. 5 in a series but reads easily as a standalone - any history needed is given in a concise way or is easy to surmise. Its billed as a shifter paranormal - whilst the story thread is based on shifters, any actual shifting is minimal, so for someone like myself who is not overly comfortable with paranormal, this is really a 'normal' read. There are few explicit sex scenes - its either heavy petting style or referred to - i normally prefer a bit of he ...more
blub
May 01, 2012 blub rated it liked it
If you've read the first 4 books of the series you pretty much know how this book will go romance-wise between Nate and Jared. There is more of a developed plot in this one, readers will learn that there's a conspiracy to reveal shifters to the human race and because Kalen is such a great alpha, Wolf Creek is the chosen place to initiate the plan.
Lasha
Jul 04, 2012 Lasha rated it liked it
3.75 stars.

I liked this book and the fact that the sex did not happen until about 75% of the way in. The back-story is picking up and it had nice pacing. After being disappointed with the last two books in this series, Nate's Deputy was a fun read.
Kinny
Undoubtedly the best of the series. I love this couple and their young misunderstood charge. Awww
Clover
Jun 10, 2012 Clover rated it really liked it
the story is getting more and more interesting with a subplot about a conspiracy.
Ruth
Apr 04, 2013 Ruth rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, romance, shifters
I'm not usually one for werewolves, but this one was keeping my interest... right up until the two leads started acting irrationally. I realize that the "mates" trope is all about not being in control, but random teenaged outbursts of jealousy are very DNW for me.

Another problem is that, this being the fifth in the series, they keep alluding to other couples. In and of itself, that's not a bad thing, but when half the plot hinges on homophobia, I have a hard time believing that an openly gay lea
Crouck
Feb 01, 2015 Crouck rated it it was ok
I mean, that whole outbid-on-the-ranch thing was a wasted opportunity. I wish there was a middle ground between these sickly sweet shifter stores and Shannon West's psycho violent ones.
Phaney
May 23, 2013 Phaney rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
2012 Review:

In this one, future protagonists are sprouting all over the map.

And again, we have very little in the way of sex scenes, and all but one of those we do get are interrupted prematurely. XD

Except for the whole (view spoiler) threat (these long-term threats always make me uneasy), I pretty much enjoyed this book. It had a more mature feel to it. :3 But yeah. That conspiracy background is making me itchy. It’s plainly obvious (view spoiler)
clear skies
Apr 06, 2014 clear skies rated it did not like it
I can advise only bad things happen.
Brenda (b)
Good, this story was better than the last one. I liked the main characters and felt much more of a connection to them.
Isha
Too short, and the ending was rushed.
Heather♥
July C. B
July C. B rated it liked it
Feb 03, 2016
Tobi
Tobi rated it really liked it
Jan 25, 2016
melek
melek marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2016
Heidi
Heidi rated it did not like it
Jan 05, 2016
Vanessa
Vanessa rated it liked it
Jan 04, 2016
Roni-jean
Roni-jean marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2015
Stephanie
Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Dec 13, 2015
Scherlock
Scherlock marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2015
  • Riley's Downfall (Brac Pack #29)
  • Gustav's Gargoyle Adventure (Wolves of Stone Ridge #14)
  • In My Arms Tonight (Love in XXchange, #8)
  • Sunshine's Kiss (McCaffrey Men #1)
  • Wounded Cowboy (Uncommon Cowboys, #4)
  • Let the Rain Come Down (Moonlight Breed #6)
  • Ralston's Way (Prentiss, #1)
  • Amara: The Rebirth
  • Keeping Dallas (Magical Men #1)
  • Cold Moon (Moon, #3)
  • Deadly Secrets (Dark Kings of Eternity, #1)
  • Liam (The Atherton Pack, #1)
4719830
Lavinia discovered reading at an early age and could always be found with her nose in a book. She loved getting lost in a fantasy world even then. When her parents bought her a typewriter for Christmas at aged eleven, her fate was sealed. She spent hours dreaming up characters and creating stories. Not a lot has changed.

Lavinia is a Welsh Valley girl who has lived all over the UK. Today she lives
More about Lavinia Lewis...

Shifters' Haven (8 books)
  • Luke's Surprise (Shifters' Haven #1)
  • Cody's Revelation (Shifters' Haven #2)
  • Kelan's Pursuit (Shifters' Haven #3)
  • Aaron's Awakening (Shifters' Haven #4)
  • Gregory's Rebellion (Shifters' Haven #6)
  • Pete's Persuasion (Shifters' Haven #7)
  • Tristan's Despair (Shifters' Haven #8)