Start by marking “Where There Is Love, There Is God: Her Path to Closer Union with God and Greater Love for Others” as Want to Read:

Mother Teresa’s relationship with God and her commitment to those she served—the poorest of the poor—is here powerfully explored in her own words.  Taken largely from her private lessons to her sisters, published here for the first time, Where There is Love, There is God unveils her extraordinary faith in and surrender to God’s will. This book is in some way a sequel to Mo ...more
Published March 6th 2012 by Image (first published August 10th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Where There Is Love, There Is God, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Where There Is Love, There Is God

Ruth
Feb 03, 2013 Ruth rated it really liked it
This book, which I received via the Blogging for Books program, has been on my dresser waiting to be read since before Christmas. In case you haven't noticed, I've been in kind of a reading/blogging funk. Tonight I picked it up and thought I'd start reading a biography of Mother Teresa. I soon found that it wasn't a biography but rather a collection of Mother Teresa's sayings and teachings.

Generally when I write a DNF review, I'm saying a book isn't good enough to finish. Today I'm writing a DN
Joyce Mccarten
Jun 25, 2011 Joyce Mccarten rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mother Theresa writes a lot about surrendering to God - letting Him have His way- and no grumbling and feeling sorry for yourself is allowed.
She was devoted to Jesus and often explained that she and her Sisters of Charity were not social workers. They take care of the poorest of poor, those throw-away people who have not one to care for them in their last days of life. The inspiration is Jesus' love for her. She did not feel that love, but she knew it was there. If you read the Holy Scriptures w
Josh Meares
Interesting book. I read Mother Theresa like I read Dietrich Bonhoeffer: enthusiastic, but cautious. Bonhoeffer and Theresa are both full of weird, weird stuff. But those oddities are interrupted by nuggets of brilliant insight or crystal clear calls to action that make them worth reading. Mother Teresa is full of compassion and humility, two qualities that we could all use a little more of. She is also a radical believer whose life truly follows her faith. I find that admirable and more than a ...more
Katie Morgan
Feb 21, 2012 Katie Morgan rated it did not like it
I thought this would be more love and less judgement.
Holly
Aug 04, 2015 Holly rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christian
There are a few books that I can point to that mark a change in the course of my life...fascinating power of books. This one is one of those. This one illustrates the power of a heart that has completely surrendered its own will and attached itself to the will of God...a complete emptying of self and a complete overflowing of love to the smallest and poorest of people. The more forgotten, the more precious the life. She makes life make sense! She has the gift of discerning the most simple route ...more
J.N.
Feb 28, 2012 J.N. rated it did not like it
Shelves: first-reads, gave-up
This is a book I won from the GoodReads First Reads program. While I am thankful to be chosen to receive this book, I just couldn't finish it. I made it about halfway, but some of Mother Teresa's views didn't agree with mine. I am fine with people with different view points but she was hitting them so hard toward the reader that it turned me away from the book.

I was hoping this would be more about Mother Teresa's life because I still think she was a very interesting person with many great insigh
Patrick
Jul 18, 2011 Patrick marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Mother Teresa was an incredible person and this book is a collection of her own writings/speeches. While a lot of it is purely thoughtful, some of it can be really moving. The compassion and conviction conveyed by this woman is compelling. She knew the poor and loved the poor as she loved Jesus. (To her, loving the poor was loving Jesus!) I recall an example of her giving advice to someone about what they should do to serve God and she told them to go be with their family. She was wise in knowin ...more
Melissa
Nov 29, 2010 Melissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-nonfiction
Mother Teresa was a truly amazing woman and her thoughts are very provoking. The things she talk about in this book are great pondering points to hold out and see how you respond to them and then dig deeper into why. With all the unrest and hatred in the world it is refreshing to read a book about someone who is dedicated to love for humanity.

Got a new quote from her that I adore. "I never call difficulties "problems." I always say, "gift of God," because it is always much easier to take a gift
Todd
Dec 06, 2013 Todd rated it really liked it
Not a book to be read straight through, instead read a bit of it each day to fill your thoughts and future deeds with the Love that Saint Mother Teresa had for Jesus. She will show you through her words and her actions just how much we are loved by God and how we should treat all of those around us.

This book, which is made up of tidbits of Saint Mother Teresa's writings, interviews, and prayers, is a great introduction to her philosophical and religious views. It will change how you view yoursel
Chris
Oct 28, 2012 Chris rated it it was amazing
Wanted to hear what motivated Mother Teresa's passion for the poor. This book detailed some of her teachings to the sisters and her personal thoughts and beliefs in her ministry. I also learned what Mother Teresa's ministry consisted of each day and how she prepared in her heart to serve as Jesus did. Liberal spoiler: Mother Teresa loved even the unborn and thought the loss of the innocents a great sadness in the world. This book is a great insight into one person's ministry in the name of Chris ...more
Kelly Anderson
Jan 03, 2014 Kelly Anderson rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I think there is so much to be learned about love and what it looks like to really love God and love others through the life of Mother Teresa. My favorite quote from the book: "Glory be to God the Father who created me-because He loved me. Glory be to Jesus Christ who died for me-because He loved me. Glory be to Holy Spirit who lives in me-because He loves me."
Deni Aria
Nov 09, 2012 Deni Aria rated it really liked it
This is so appealing to learn how the work of Mother Teresa is accomplished by total submission to God, She simply found The Lord in every way of living in this world mostly, The Lord exists in the poor of the poor in humanity that's the ultimate moment of meeting with The Lord when we love the poor and love being poor as well !
Lisa
Feb 25, 2012 Lisa rated it liked it
Shelves: giveaway-win
Mother Theresa is a truly remarkable human being and certainly deserves sainthood.
I got this book as a goodreads giveaway book. I thought that the way it was put together was rather fragmented and frequently repetitive. It probably would have been better to read it in bits instead of reading right through it.
Bonnie Garrett
This book consists of quotes and sayings by Mother Teresa throughout her years. I got a lot of value out of it, but it could have been about half the length and would have been twice as good. The latter half of the book is pretty much just a re-wording of many of the things already said. All wise words, but it gets tedious. It's not her fault...she didn't publish the thing.
Mother Teresa is the best role model and most inspirational woman I can think of! If everyone in the world would follow her example, all problems would be solved. This book is full of her love for Jesus.
C.J.
Nov 14, 2011 C.J. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is an incomparably valuable book, for it's full of words that were actions. Mother's honesty is as full of humility as it is of truth. She's loves the individual, and her words still sounds as if they were meant for one: that one, who listens, who's reading.
Cassie
Nov 03, 2013 Cassie rated it liked it
Though I greatly enjoy Mother Theresa's quotes & stories, I felt the layout & design by the editor made it a very repetitive read. Stories where retold in numerous locations & under different subtitles.
Erika
Jun 03, 2013 Erika rated it really liked it
teachings in plain language...I am currently reading the French translation entitled
Mère Teresa Quand l'Amour est là, Dieu est là

This is my way of sharing and accompanying Sylvie's experience in Calcutta
Paula
Jan 20, 2011 Paula rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have always been curious about Mother Teresa - who is she? why did she do the things she did? - but this book blew me away. What an amazing person, a deep and kind soul, who was more about small, joyful actions than about any "big Catholic" religious action.
Lesley
Jan 18, 2012 Lesley rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I probably won't finish this book. I went into reading it thinking it was going to be an autobiography or stories written about some of the things Mother Teresa has done, maybe some journal entries or something. Instead, it's just a collection of quotes that are often oddly translated.
Cassandra
Oct 07, 2010 Cassandra rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
I only read half of this book. Mother Teresa's thoughts were interesting and I was glad to experience another side of her. However, we differ on some (very important) theological beliefs and it was hard to read about those topics.
Paul
Mar 13, 2013 Paul rated it it was ok
It was interesting to read so much from her own words Very repetitive though and not fluid. Only recommend to an avid reader.
Rebecca
Sep 29, 2010 Rebecca rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am without words for the simple love this Mother Terese had for all man kind, she makes it seem so simple to love one another. I wish we could all apply this to our everyday life. 2 thumbs up.
Ilya Kozlov
Mar 08, 2011 Ilya Kozlov rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
last book from m teresa ---her teaching to her nuns---very useful, "prayer is oneness. fullness of attention is not possible but fullness of intention."......perls like that
Heather
Mar 13, 2013 Heather rated it it was amazing
Mother Teresa is one amazing woman!
Her tenderness, generosity and love for all human beings is truly inspiring.
Jillian
Sep 02, 2010 Jillian rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A compilation of thoughts from Mother Teresa, this book was uplifting and wonderful to read in short moments between taking care of some of God's most beloved creations: children.
Amin Hanna
Amin Hanna rated it it was amazing
Jun 01, 2014
Ashley Abate
Ashley Abate rated it really liked it
Mar 18, 2012
Kelly
Kelly rated it it was amazing
Mar 05, 2013
Lydia Casey
Lydia Casey rated it it was amazing
Jun 23, 2014
  • 7 Secrets of the Eucharist
  • The Rosary: The Prayer That Saved My Life
  • 33 Days to Morning Glory
  • With Open Hands
  • The Dolorous Passion of Our Lord Jesus Christ: From the Visions of Anne Catherine Emmerich
  • Evangelium Vitae: The Gospel of Life
  • Mary: The Church at the Source
  • Why Catholicism Matters: How Catholic Virtues Can Reshape Society in the Twenty-First Century
  • The Secret Of The Rosary
  • Miracle on Voodoo Mountain: A Young Woman's Remarkable Story of Pushing Back the Darkness for the Children of Haiti
  • Treatise on the Love of God
  • A Father Who Keeps His Promises: God's Covenant Love in Scripture
  • Motherless
  • Catherine of Siena: The Dialogue (Classics of Western Spirituality)
  • Heaven Touching Earth: True Stories of Angels, Miracles, and Heavenly Encounters
  • Mother Teresa's Secret Fire: The Encounter That Changed Her Life, and How It Can Transform Your Own
  • In the Arms of Angels: True Stories of Heavenly Guardians
  • The Anti-Education Era: Creating Smarter Students through Digital Learning
Blessed Teresa of Calcutta, or Mother Teresa, born Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu was an Albanian Roman Catholic nun who founded the Missionaries of Charity in Kolkata (Calcutta), India in 1950. For over forty years she ministered to the poor, sick, orphaned, and dying, while guiding the Missionaries of Charity's expansion, first throughout India and then in other countries.

By the 1970s she had become inte
More about Mother Teresa...

“By our life and deeds of love, we are making the Church fully present in the world today.” 0 likes