Ghosts of Boyfriends Past

Ghosts of Boyfriends Past

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  55 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Letting him in could mean losing him forever.

Elizabeth “Biz” Marks has the magic touch when it comes to matters of the heart—except her own. In a slightly tipsy fit of loneliness, she once tried to harness a little love mojo to work in her favor. Instead the spell mutated into a nightmarish curse that kills off her boyfriends on her favorite holiday: Valentine’s Day.

With t...more
Published January 12th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Ghosts of Boyfriends Past, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ghosts of Boyfriends Past

Holly
A cute story about a witch who cursed herself, causing her boyfriends to die on Valentines day. The premises sounded a bit weird, but also intriguing. I am glad I gave it a chance.

I liked both main characters. I also like that Mark was the more romantic of the two.
Book Utopia
Humorous books don’t have to be laugh out loud funny to work. Sometimes, it’s enough to be charmed by the prose and turn every page with a smile on your face. That’s certainly the case for this short novel.

When her grandmother died, leaving her alone, Biz did the unthinkable. She cast a spell looking for love for herself. That was the one big no-no she was taught, and as a result, the spell turned into a curse. For the past three years, the man she was seeing has died on Valentine’s Day, leaving...more
Tony-Paul Vissage
This is perhaps the best, funniest, and most romantic story I’ve read in a long time. The turns of phrase, the give-and-take dialogue all make it completely enjoyable. It’s definitely laugh out loud in places. There isn’t any overt sex, other than some kisses and such, but it’s so delightful that doesn’t matter. Mark is a charmer, who knows it, but he’s also a no-nonsense man who doesn’t believe in the supernatural. Pitting him against a woman who not only believes, but is very aware the paranor...more
Lexie
Prelim Review: As odd as this sounds I left this book with one question 'How the hell did Elizabeth Marks get the nickname 'Biz''? Its never explained, nor does it make sense to me honestly.

The story itself is full of Andrews typical wit and quirky characters. Or I should say the females are all rather quirky and the men are adorable versions of tolerant. Biz is a spaz--a desperately trying to be as businesslike as possible spaz, but one none the less. We don't see much of the Biz pre-curse, but...more
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://longandshortreviews.blogspot.c...

Biz Marks has a secret. She's cursed. No, really she is. If you don't believe me, just look at her past. Three deaths in three years, all on the same day each year! Suspicious yet? Mark Ellison thinks so, and he's gone to seek the truth behind these mysterious deaths that have one thing in common- Biz.

Biz is a funny character. I absolutely loved her. She once tried to use a spell in her favor, and let's just say the results were not a...more
Guilty Pleasures

I must say this was simply a sweet read. It reminded me of a chick flick on paper and made me smile as I turned each page. This is a warm feel good book that you will want to curl up with on the couch while downing a nice cup of hot chocolate. Vivi Andrews has created two characters I found myself hoping would fall in love. With the obstacles from Biz's past and Mark's willingness to accept her oddities, the pair must work together to overcome the magic that brought them together. The question i...more
Louise
Once again an enjoyable book from ms. Andrews.

I liked both the protagonists and was rooting for them from the beginning to the end, but then I am a sucker for the slightly weird heroine with a strong calm male combination.

What pulled this book down from 5 stars to four was the pacing. In some places I had the feeling something had been removed, the scenes on either side of the removed bit not fitting together as perfectly as they should. But this was not something that detracted much from my ov...more
Brenda
I loved this story! It's a perfect Valentine's Day read, whether you love or hate the holiday. There is death, with a twist. Ghosts who make me want some of my own, and a hunky journalist that is determined to figure out what's going on in this small, quirky town. It's a paranormal romance novella from one of my favorite authors. Vivi never fails to bring a smile to my face with her stories, and sometimes I admit to getting weepy when she wraps it all up at the end.
Rinny Rainwind
I think all of us have been in the state of mind to " curse" ourselves about love. But this lil witch actually had to power to do just that. Now what happens when she thinks she has found true love? An adventure with Magick and Ghosts that's what. A cute story about Karma, love and Magick.
Bree
Loved this sweet romance. It's more ghosts and "real" magic than the big, supernatural showy stuff, and sometimes that's exactly what I want in a PNR.
Christie
This was a very cute story! It isn't a sexy one but like all of Vivi's books, she brings you into her stories and you see it through her writing.
Poppy
Cute and interesting little romance. Not high on the hot scale but very nice read anyway.
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 14, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
Diamond
Diamond marked it as to-read
May 29, 2014
Joan
Joan added it
Jun 02, 2014
Nicole
Nicole added it
Apr 16, 2014
Elizabeth
Elizabeth marked it as to-read
Dec 09, 2013
Chrys
Chrys marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2013
Maricar
Maricar marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2013
Letitia Davis
Letitia Davis marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Vivi Andrews writes paranormal romantic comedies and sexy shape-shifter romances. She lives in Alaska when she isn't indulging her travel addiction. For more about Vivi, please visit her website or blog.
More about Vivi Andrews...
Serengeti Heat (Serengeti Shifters, #1) Serengeti Lightning (Serengeti Shifters, #3) Serengeti Storm (Serengeti Shifters, #2) Serengeti Sunrise (Serengeti Shifters, #4) The Ghost Exterminator (Karmic Consultants, #2)