Start by marking “Bleach, Volume 39: El Verdugo” as Want to Read:
Bleach, Volume 39: El Verdugo

Bleach, Volume 39: El Verdugo (Bleach #39)

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  1,728 ratings  ·  25 reviews
Ichigo "Strawberry" Kurosaki never asked for the ability to see ghosts--he was born with the gift. When his family is attacked by a Hollow--a malevolent lost soul--Ichigo becomes a Soul Reaper, dedicating his life to protecting the innocent and helping the tortured spirits themselves find peace. Find out why Tite Kubo's Bleach has become an international manga smash-hit!

Th
Published April 3rd 2012 by VIZ Media LLC (first published June 4th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Bleach, Volume 39, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bleach, Volume 39

MissAnnThrope
18 December 2012

To be honest, I thought Bleach, Volume 39: El Verdugo was going to be a disappointment. The battles in the beginning of the book, which focused on the female Shinigami, lacked the excitement expected from a fight involving the Soul Reaper captains and their adjutants. I found the sketches in between the chapters more entertaining than the actual fights.

And then Ayon happened...
(view spoiler)
Sophia F
Sara
Destiny
Day 3 of the November Bleach Re-Read. Btw this is probably the last day as I can't spend any more money at the moment haha. I've went over a bit.

Anyway most of the volume contains the fights taking place in the Fake Karakura town. Yamamoto enters the battle and quickly owns mofos.

I really liked seeing Hinamori return to battle. I've always been fond of Momo for some reason. A large majority of the fandom hates her, but I find her to be cute and while I can't exactly empathize with her, it's inte
Jeffrey
Continuing the battle for Karakura town, we get the opportunity to see Soi Fon in combat against someone other than Yoriuchi and we finally get some opposition with at least a twist, if not actual personality. The highlights remain Captains Ukitake and Kyoraku (both prominently features on the back cover) and oddly enough, the main cover would be spoilery if it was at all decipherable whatsoever.

The final chapter finally returns us to Ichigo (and crew) and a new queston arises as he has absolut
Taruia
Many battles being battled between battlers and the battlees. I know many of these words aren't really words. I think it is probably a good thing that we now have a battle which clears out all the insignificant characters because it does become a little confusing with 25+ main(ish) characters.
Bbabri
Most már tényleg beindultak a harcok, egyik jobb, mint a másik. Soi Fong nem okozott csalódást, de még hátra van…
Hinamori felbukkanása kicsit bosszant, mivel ki nem állhatom.
Halibel Fraccio-ja sem érdekel különösebben, örülök, hogy véget ért most a szerepük. Viszont Halibel érdekel. Végre egy női Espada, aki_felnőtt_ és erős is!
Hisagi és Kira is bekapcsolódott – ismét – aminek viszont örülök, mert nagyon szeretem mindkettejüket.
Ami még mosolygásra késztetett, az Stark és Kyoraku társalgása. Anny
M. Ashraf
This was much better than the previous volume, but at the end of it :/
When Captain-Commander himself join the battle :)
We get to knew the finale order of the remaining 3 Espadas, and by that we know all of them.
and We get to see the fight at Los Nochas...
Daniel
This particular volume I found really good, the artwork was great! The story is moving along nicely, and Tite Kubo does a good job of juggling all the different elements going on, without it getting confusing.
Stephen  Alff (AlffBooks)
Bleach was definitely very interesting to read and different to what I usually read. I enjoyed the whole soul reaper concept and how we find out more and more about the main character as the story goes on.

It's a fast read and is easy to understand but gets progressively more difficult to follow parts of the story due to there being so many different characters that can be qualified as important in the progression of the story.

I would recommend it for the story line and the graphics but I do feel
Artemis
Miss
nearly forgot about this! probably because it was bland as heck, like the whole thing was fight scenes and posturing. does anyone still care? data suggests no. 2 stars
La Revistería Comics
Qué grosso que queda el título de Bleach en castellano.
Wickedshizuku (and her 7 Black cats)
May 19, 2014 Wickedshizuku (and her 7 Black cats) rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Manga fans, Anime fans
We start off this volume with Chapter 332: Fang and Sting.
Nike Linarto
Captain Soifon of 2nd division fights very well too..
Meanwhile Hinamori comes as an aid to Matsumoto, both of them fight 3 fraccions (girls fight). Situations under control, until the 3 fraccions release their Chimaera pet. Matsumoto was badly injured, but Shuhei Hisagi and Kira come as reinforcement. Finally Captain Yamamoto has to come to fight, in order to save all of them.
Sarah Hayes
A pretty middle-of-the-road volume of Bleach, with some seriously good spots - like the arrival of back-up from Soul Society and the actions of a certain elder shinigami. And it looks like Kubo has finally remembered Ichigo exists and is in the middle of a major duel. If volume 40 is dominated by the Ichigo/Ulquiorra fight, that would be all right with me.
Emmy Lou
For some reason, all of the female characters can't hold their own. Ichigo is still fighting Ulquiorra (whom I love but can't pronounce or spell), I totally forget what Rukia's doing, or the others. I really miss Uryu at this point. Also, if Matsumoto dies, I am going to be extremely unhappy.
Adalira Morningstar
The one where I try to figure out how Halibel's top even works. Magic? Double sided tape? HOW?
Indah Threez Lestari
#Program BUBU

Pertama kali dibeli dan dibaca pada tanggal 31 Maret 2011.
Ronald
Quick read, nothing special. Just a bunch of mid battle action.
Ryan
Jun 26, 2012 Ryan added it
very good book. i loved the part when ayon came in it was awesome!!!
Sarah ~Sehrenity~
Why are the female Soul Reapers suddenly acting weak?
Steph
Nov 28, 2009 Steph rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Bleach fans
Recommended to Steph by: Kelsey
Great manga; one of my top favorites.
Rachel (Sfogs)
That chimera was VERY ugly.
  • Naruto, Vol. 49: The Gokage Summit Commences (Naruto, #49)
  • ワンピース [Wan Pīsu] 58 (One Piece, #58)
1977
久保 帯人, also transliterated Taitou Kubo, Taito Kubo, or Jiu bao dai ren.

The son of a town council member in Fuchu, Aki District, Hiroshima. He never took drawing seriously until he was 17; after reading Dragon Ball he knew he wanted to be a manga artist. At the age of 18 he submitted his first concept for the series Zombiepowder but it got rejected. Zombiepowder was rejected multiple times until K
More about Tite Kubo...

Bleach (1 - 10 of 70 books)
  • Bleach, Vol. 1: Strawberry and the Soul Reapers (Bleach, #1)
  • Bleach Volume 02: Goodbye Parakeet, Good Night My Sister (Bleach, #2)
  • Bleach Volume 03: Memories in the Rain (Bleach #3)
  • Bleach Volume 04: Quincy Archer Hates You (Bleach #4)
  • Bleach Volume 05: Right Arm of the Giant (Bleach #5)
  • Bleach Volume 06: The Death Trilogy Overture (Bleach #6)
  • Bleach Volume 07: The Broken Coda (Bleach #7)
  • Bleach Volume 08: The Blade and Me (Bleach #8)
  • Bleach Volume 09: Fourteen Days for Conspiracy (Bleach #9)
  • Bleach Volume 10: Tattoo on the Sky (Bleach #10)
Bleach, Vol. 1: Strawberry and the Soul Reapers (Bleach, #1) Bleach Volume 15: Beginning of the Death of Tomorrow (Bleach #15) Bleach Volume 03: Memories in the Rain (Bleach #3) Bleach Volume 02: Goodbye Parakeet, Good Night My Sister (Bleach, #2) Bleach Volume 14: White Tower Rocks (Bleach #14)