Start by marking “Hera (Elei's Chronicles, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Hera (Elei's Chronicles, #0.5)

Hera (Elei's Chronicles 0.5)

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  100 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Hera, member of the Gultur race governing the Seven Islands, thought she knew right from wrong and what her future held in store. A chance meeting with a lesser mortal, though, will turn her world upside down and force her to see her race and the laws with different eyes. For Hera, knowledge means action, so she sets out to put things right and change her world.

Taking pla
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 51 pages
Published October 11th 2011 by Chrystalla Thoma

To ask other readers questions about Hera, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hera

Marion Sipe
I really enjoyed learning more about this character. I liked her in
Rex Rising, and it's fantastic to see more of how she was brought up
and how she came to be who she is in that book. I liked learning more
about the unique world as well, which is just such an interesting
place to spend some time! Ms. Thoma's writing style drew me in and I
enjoy the way she turns a phrase and her vivid descriptions of the
landscape. I also liked the way that this story brought up more
questions about the world a
Olethros
-Distopía Sci-Fi teñida de mitos griegos.-

Género. Novela corta.

Lo que nos cuenta. Hera es una Gultur que cree tener las cosas muy claras respecto a la posición de predominio de las suyas (sí, las suyas) sobre los seres humanos, pero que durante una misión de patrulla y vigilancia se verá envuelta en una situación que le hará plantearse muchas cosas. Trama relacionada con la novela "Rex Rising" (aunque unos tres años antes) y parte de la serie Elei´s Chronicles.

¿Quiere saber más de este libro, si
Justine
This is the I between novel of the series Elei's Chronicles. We will get to see what Hera's point of view was through the novel and how she decided to be experimented on.

This short story talks of what Hera's life is like inside the walls. She didn't know that her race were trying to wipe out humans. She thought they only killed if the humans were in the wrong. Little did she know that the Gultur were trying to wipe out the human race. She saved two humans and decided that she would never kill un
Douglas Cook
First sentences, "The sky stretching over the urban sprawl of Artemisia was a blazing blue, the day bright and windy, just perfect for a first coast patrol. Hera wondered what the town looked like from up close. When they’d arrived in the early dawn, flown in by helicopter, she had only caught a brief glimpse of it, a web of tall buildings and dark streets. The military Gultur complex where they had landed was located at the outskirts, protected with high walls and fences. She stepped onto the h ...more
Arlene Webb
This short story, background for a major player in a novel called Rex Rising, is one excellent read. Without an info dump or telling, the author throws us right into a tense, action packed clip that shows a young woman (who clearly isnt quite human), struggling with her fears that all she's known about the world is based on a pack of lies.
With a magically woven, brilliantly crafted setting, the emotions and tension in this short story had me flipping pages as fast as I could. If you havent read
Larissa Lee
This short prequel definitely got my attention and held it; I'm thoroughly interested in reading this series further!
★Ruth★
This was a freebie and so I thought I'd give it a go.
This appears to be a prequel to Rex Rising which I have not read which could be why I was so lost and confused.
But then again it was a prequel so surely that should entice you to discover more about the story.
I don't know, like I said I'm confused and my head hurts a little.
I have Rex Rising already downloaded as it too was free so maybe I'll give it a go and then reread this and it may all make perfect sense.
Jennifer Jimmerson
I liked it, but it was too short. We are given a glimpse into the world before Elei was shot, but only a teeny tiny glimpse. If the author had gone through her first meetings with Pelia, and joining the resistance, I probably would have given it 4 stars. The story ended just as I was getting into it.
LadyCroft86
This was a good short story. I felt a little confused since I haven't read any of the other books but I like Hera.
Care
DNF.
Victoria Clark
Victoria Clark marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2015
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
Gloria
Gloria marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2014
Ibrahim Salau
Ibrahim Salau marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2014
Drojman
Drojman marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2014
Ilana Amzallag
Ilana Amzallag marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2014
Eva
Eva marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2014
Angie Steiner
Angie Steiner marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
Dr. Daniel
Dr. Daniel marked it as to-read
Dec 06, 2014
Hailey
Hailey marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
Kerry
Kerry marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
  • Anvil of Tears (The Reforged, #1)
  • Edge of Mercy (The Mercy Series, #1)
  • Haven (The Fall of Haven #1)
  • Into the Abyss
  • Shadows Over Innocence (The Emperor's Edge, #0.5)
  • A Plain Jane (Book One)
  • Wanted
  • The Spider and the Fly (The Spiderverse Saga, #1)
  • Predators of Darkness (Darkness Series #1)
  • Beyond (Afterlife,#1)
  • Right Ascension
  • Fated, Part One (A Timeless Series Novella)
  • Zan (Spiritdell, #1)
  • A Clockwork Fairytale
  • Masquerade's Moon (Blood and Snow, #6)
  • A Touch of Magic
  • Empire (In Her Name: Redemption, #1)
  • Greenshift (From the World of Ambasadora)
Greek Cypriot with a penchant for dark myths and good food. I have proven my tendency to settle down anywhere but at home by having lived and studied in France, England, Germany and Costa Rica, before returning to Cyprus two years ago.
I like to write about fantastical creatures, crazy adventures, and family bonds. I live in Cyprus with my husband and my vast herds of books. I write fantasy and sci
More about Chrystalla Thoma...

Elei's Chronicles (4 books)
  • Rex Rising (Elei's Chronicles, #1)
  • Rex Cresting (Elei's Chronicles, #2)
  • Rex Equilibrium (Elei's Chronicles, #3)
  • Rex Aftermath (Elei's Chronicles, #4)
Rex Rising (Elei's Chronicles, #1) Rex Cresting (Elei's Chronicles, #2) Azure (Drowning In You) Rex Equilibrium (Elei's Chronicles, #3) Rex Aftermath (Elei's Chronicles, #4)