Start by marking “Su alteza real” as Want to Read:
Su alteza real

Su alteza real

3.65  ·  Rating Details ·  4,886 Ratings  ·  328 Reviews
Christianna de Liechtenstein ha aprendido a llevar sobre sus hombros el
peso de la corona de una de las monarquías más antiguas de Europa. Desde
que el rey enviudó, cuando ella era todavía una niña, se ha convertido
en su perfecta acompañante.
Sin embargo, ¿qué ocurre cuando la princesa descubre que su verdadera
vocación es ayudar a los más desfavorecidos? Lo que Christianna an
Published October 6th 2011 by Random House Mondadori (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Su alteza real, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Su alteza real

Cosette
Sep 05, 2007 Cosette rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
A lot of this book seemed to repeat itself which I find somewhat annoying. The story itself was nice but was hoping for less repetative wording.
Lindsey
Feb 11, 2010 Lindsey rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: girly teenagers who don't like to read
Horrible, horrible, horrible. This is one of my guilty reads, so I shouldn't have expected much I guess. But wowww, bad book. Let me say that I like story lines that aren't particularly genius. I like standard formula books usually to some degree. This was just bad though.
Horrible deus ex machina to resolve the conflict. Very repetitive. And the phrase "SHOW don't tell" came to mind when reading this book. I can't tell you how many times it said something along the lines of "She was such a good
Kristen
Oct 19, 2007 Kristen rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ehhhhh, romance, 2007
I picked this up at the drugstore over my lunchbreak one day. It had been a long time since I'd picked up a Danielle Steel, and I figured I wouldn't lose myself in the book and be late getting back to work. I wasn't disappointed! I guess if the formula works, why change it? Beautiful, privileged (and this time, royal!) woman is oh so down about her life. It's so HAAAAAAAAARD being a princess! Since she has such lofty, noble ideas about helping the world, she embarks on a journey where she finds ...more
HeavyReader
Nov 24, 2011 HeavyReader rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People trapped on the Greyhound with nothing to read
Shelves: fiction
Oh boy. This book was bad.

I picked it up from the top of a trash can in a bus station. I was in a desperate situation. I had almost 24 hours more on the bus and nothing left to read. I didn't have high hopes for this book, but I really, really, really needed something to help me pass the time. I'm not a big Danielle Steel fan, but I had to read something, so I was glad to find a free book.

The plot is weak. A sad, noble, unspoiled little rich girl princess (literally) can't have the life of freed
Maggie
Sep 22, 2010 Maggie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I grew up on Danielle Steel novels. She's an amazing writer when she wants to be. H.R.H. is not a good example of her talent.

It reads like a junior high school newspaper; the facts are told to the reader, cut and dry. It is also very elementary in form as it's extraordinarily repetitive. Perhaps Ms. Steel was on a deadline and the book was rushed to publication. Sadly, I don't understand why the editors let it get so far without taking a red-pen-hacksaw to it; it severely needed one.

The story
Jaime Atkins
Jun 19, 2010 Jaime Atkins rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2010
I read "Malice" by Danielle Steel years ago and it was good. I haven't picked up one of her books since. My mother is obsessed with her....maybe that is why I have avoided her books. Maybe it is because she is one of the most famous romantic authors out there and EVERYONE reads her books. I don't know, but I am really glad I picked up this book.

This was one of the most dramatic books I have ever read. I cried for the losses that Christianna continued to experience. I felt her love and compass
Christine
May 09, 2008 Christine rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one!
All Danielle Steel books are horrendous! You probably wonder why I even have three on here. They are great for the gym because I don't have to pay that much attention. Every book is the same. Once you have read one, you know the formula. Danielle has a very limited vocabulary and loves to repeat her favorite words. It is kind of fun to here them over and over in each book. :-) If you decide to read one, this is the best of the three. It is a 1.2!
Nicole
Apr 28, 2014 Nicole rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think I may have read other Danielle Steel books, I can't remember. One thing I really loved about this book (and I hope all of her books are this way) was there was no detailed sex scenes. We got the point that they made love and that was the end of that. I loved it. I can't stand reading books that are so descriptive in the bedroom. We...well, I don't need to know every detail to get the idea that it was special. Because of this, I plan on reading other books by this author. I loved the char ...more
Vulpecula Borealis
I've read a few Danielle Steele books and know what to expect. Writing to a formula that works for her - mass producing manuscripts for the conveyor belt that is the publishing industry where the emphasis is on quantity, not quality. A little harsh maybe, but you know what I mean. Ms Steele is very successful at what she does, and you can't knock that! I do wish she would stop repeating herself though - she does have a tendency to say the same thing thirty times in only a slightly different way. ...more
Amelia
This may just be the worst book I have ever read in my entire life. My only defense is that I was travelling and it was the only book in the book swap that wasn't in Finnish...

I've blocked specifics from my mind but I remember it being riddled with basic grammatical mistakes, full of run on sentences that used the same adjectives 498764 times and generally a terrible eye-roll-y story line. And just when I thought it couldn't get any worse...(view spoiler)
Stacy
Jun 20, 2009 Stacy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have to agree with the other reviews for this one. I was disappointed with the book. When listening to a summary of the book, it sounds like it has promise. A modern day princess wants to contribute something meaningful to the world and not just the duties her father expects of her. She wants to do something more than just cut ribbons at openings and participate in state dinners. She gets an opportunity to really give back and be a normal citizen.

However, Danielle Steel repeats herself throug
Kathy Hiester
Oct 20, 2010 Kathy Hiester rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book was redundant and boring through and through and 1-star is even too highly rated. The female lead comes off as completely unfeeling and self-centered as she bewails repeatedly "for the first time in my life... I just want ect…..", and yet she had ample freedoms and even spent 4 years away at college in Berkley. She manipulates her father, weeps, whimpers and pouts when she doesn't get her way, and in general is the most single dimensional character I've encountered in any book. Steele ...more
Zainab Al Kubaish
ليست رآئعة و لكنها جيدة

بعض المقاطع التي أحببتها :

لا تريد أن تكون ناكرة الجميل للنعمة المعطاة لها و لا تريد التقليل من احترام والدها، و لكنها تكره كل لحظة من ذلك إنها تعرف تماماً كم هي محظوظة في عديد من النواحي لكن التفكير في الأمر و كم أصبحت حياتها تافهة، و كيف ستستمر خلال السنوات المقبله، جعلها تكتب كثيراً
استطاعت رؤية حياتها ممتدة امامها مثل طريق طويله و جرداء و لا تُحتَمَل
ثمة شيء لطيف و حنون في هذه المرأه بحيث أن مجرد الحديث معها يبدو مثل العناق
توقعت العمل بكد، لكنها لم تتوقع
Richelle
I would give this 3.5 stars. It was my first Danielle Steel book, and I still do not know what to think. The storyline was great and really interesting. With Christianna who is a princess travels to Africa to help with the Red Cross she finds herself and befriends the people there. She then returns home to a life of duty until tragedy strikes and her duty has intensified. Make sure to grab a box of Kleenex before you sit down to read it! On a side note I spent the whole book looking for why the ...more
Jun 02, 2009 Jennifer rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I picked this book up on my way out of the library, and let me say that I am glad it was a borrowed book and not a purchased one! It was the most repetitive book I've ever read! I haven't read many Danielle Steel novels, but I thought they were better than this one. I just got so tired of reading the same 5 or 6 sentences over and over. I finished the book because I always finish what I start :) but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
Susan
Nov 18, 2010 Susan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
H.R.H. stands for Her Royal Highness. This is a lovely story about a young woman, Princess Christianna, from Vaduz, Liechtenstein, who just wants to have a normal life. I really like this book. It is a story of a princess who wants to do more with her life and help people. She struggles with doing the right things and what she wants to do. She is very responsible and always maked the noble choice. There is a little romance involved. I appreciate that it is not over graphic.
Margaret
Feb 23, 2008 Margaret rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I don't know why I started this book. I do not like Danielle Steel's writing. She repeats herself. Her story lines are "out there."
Earlynn
Jun 05, 2008 Earlynn rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I have been trying to read this book for six months and I am only on page 46. Those of you who know how fast I read can tell from that number that this book just doesn't hold my interest.
Carmel
Sep 28, 2008 Carmel rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I was extremely disappointed in the writting style. This story was so full of unneeded description that it was hard to read.
Ema
Oct 25, 2012 Ema rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
إحدى روائع الكاتبة المدهشة دانيال ستيل
أعشق هذه الكاتبة
Charlotte
Mar 04, 2017 Charlotte rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Feeling burned out, I picked this up as an easy read. I laughed when it was cheesy and teared up when it was touching, which is exactly the point of a Danielle Steel book. I gave it an extra star for bringing attention to Red Cross workers.
Marie Ealing
In the spirit of the Royal Wedding I’m writing this review of the first and only novel by Danielle Steel that I have ever read. Don’t get me wrong, is not that I didn’t like it, I actually enjoyed this novel, but it wasn’t great and with so many wonderful stories out there this one is quite forgettable. Nevertheless, it came to my mind this past week with all the Royal Wedding madness.

H.R.H., the title of the novel, stand’s for Her Royal Highness; is the story of Princess Christianna, a young wo
Charlie
H.R.H. by Danielle Steel

This book is about Christianna Williams who is the princess of Liechtenstein. She doesn't like being a princess and the duties that have been bestowed upon her. She just got back from studying for four years in the United States and she goes to Russia on a whim to support the Red Cross in a rescue operation. That situation changes her and she wants to leave for Africa to volunteer.

This book is a typical Danielle Steel book. It's a romance with story mixed in. Eventually a tragedy or two happen
Jodie
Apr 19, 2014 Jodie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
H.R.H by Danielle Steel (1 Star)

And here it is, the worst book of the year so far. In fact, it is the worst I’ve read in a very long time.

H.R.H is about a Princess Christiana of a small European country who is bored of her life, so she becomes a Red Cross volunteer and goes to Africa. She is due to return after a short time, but when she falls in love with an American Doctor it all gets a bit complicated.

As I was writing that, I rolled my eyes. I really struggled to care about Christiana. She wa
Aromas de Cor
Li este livro por curiosidade, gostei da capa e do resumo, é uma história como outras, de princesas rebeldes que não aceitam as restrições impostas pela sua condição, neste caso mais uma princesa prisioneira numa gaiola de ouro. Christianna era a princesa Sereníssima de um principado da Europa, que fica entre a Áustria e a Suíça, chamado Liechtenstein, e onde se sentia presa. Isto porque tinha conseguido viver durante quatro anos uma vida de quase total liberdade. Na América, frequentou a faculd ...more
May 11, 2014 Jennifer rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
فاطمة الأمير
انتهيتُ -وأخيراً- من قراءة رواية "صاحبة السّمو الملكي".
حسنٌ، إنها رواية خُرافية حدّ الضّجر وفيها كمية من الحشو الهائل من المثالية المركّزة وتكرار المديح والمعلومات والأحداث أيضاً، أحياناً خلال صفحة واحدة.
من السيء أن تكون الترجمة حَرفيّة (وليس حِرَفيّة) بهذه الصورة من دار عريقة كـ"الدار العربية للعلوم ناشرون".

... القصة باختصار:
كريستيانا، أميرة في دولة أوروبية صغيرة، جميلة وطيبة وهادئة ومحبوبة ولبِقة... إلى آخره. درست في أمريكا لأربع سنوات على كراهة من والدها، الذي يسمح لها بذلك تعاطفاً مع مستقبل
Quirky Omega
Jun 01, 2015 Quirky Omega rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Those who like princess stories.
Recommended to Quirky Omega by: No one. All my fault.
I had bought this book during a train ride. In the absence of books whose blurb were interesting enough, I chose to buy this. Boy what a mistake I made. I really think I should've foregone my love for romances and bought something else and spared myself the disappointment.

The first five chapters are very repetitive in their content. The girl keeps complaining about her life as a princess. It feels as if the author went on a repetition mode in her mind and just kept on repeating the same ideas on
Belle Augusta
STARS RATING: 3.5

Cricky mempunyai rasa kemanusiaan yang sangat sangat tinggi terhadap sesama, hal itulah yang membuatnya merasa terpanggil untuk menolong korban teroris di Rusia dan setelahnya dia meminta ayahnya untuk mengizinkannya bekerjasama dengan Palang Merah di Afrika untuk menolong para penduduk setempat yang banyak mengidap AIDS. akhirnya ayahnya dengan berat hati mengizinkannya hanya untuk enam bulan pertama.
namun dia jatuh cinta pada Afrika dan penduduknya hanya dengan sehari setelah
Céline
May 02, 2011 Céline rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Un livre divertissant à lire pour se changer les idées... si vous arrivez à survivre à l'histoire d'amour vraiment trop «cheesy»!!! Vous ne serez jamais aussi heureux(se) d'être célibataire parce que vous vous serez rendu compte que l'eau de rose, le grand amour parfait comme ça, ça donne envie de vomir.Le personnage unilatéral de Christianna tombe rapidement sur les nerfs. Où sont ses défauts?! Elle est parfaite, parfaite, et paradoxalement ça la rend idiote. Elle pleure pour rien!!! Et elle «s ...more
h.r.h 1 1 Sep 13, 2016 07:41AM
Danielle Steel Bo...: H.R.H. 1 3 Nov 20, 2012 08:59PM
  • The Devil She Knows (Devil, #6)
  • When Twilight Comes (Mists of Fernhaven #1)
  • Rock My World (Harlequin Blaze #215)
  • Patrick's Destiny (The Devaneys #4)
  • The Italian's Rightful Bride
  • Double Dare (Harlequin Blaze #324)
  • Good Girls Don't
  • The Lives of Danielle Steel: The Unauthorized Biography of America's #1 Best-Selling Author
  • Hot for Him (Secret Lives of Daytime Divas, #3)
  • Dating the Rebel Tycoon (The Kellys of Brisbane, #1)
  • The Captive
  • Accidentally the Sheikh's Wife
  • Heart of Gold (Rainbow Chasers #1)
  • Faith (Virtue, #2)
  • The Player
  • The Grail King (Druids of Avalon, #2)
  • Million-Dollar Marriage Merger (Napa Valley Vows, #1)
  • Frontier Courtship
Since 1981, Ms. Steel has been a permanent fixture on the New York Times hardcover and paperback bestseller lists. In 1989, she was listed in the Guinness Book of World Records for having at least one of her books on the Times bestseller list for 381 consecutive weeks. But Guinness was premature. The fact is that one or more of Ms. Steel's novels have been on the New York Times bestseller list for ...more
More about Danielle Steel...

“E il principe notò subito che la persona che tornava a casa era completamente diversa da quella che era partita. Adesso sua figlia era una donna, non più una ragazzina. Aveva amato e vissuto e lavorato, ed era cresciuta. E la bellezza dell'Africa le si era insinuata nell'anima.” 0 likes