Start by marking “Working for Heat” as Want to Read:
Working for Heat

Working for Heat

Three short stories centered around the working world. Surreal aspects of everyday workplaces and exaggerated characters, that I believe we, sometimes quite unfortunately, can relate to.
Working for heat is a direct translation of the Portuguese idiomatic expression - “trabalhar para aquecer” - which, very roughly, translates into working to no avail.
Published (first published June 29th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Working for Heat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Working for Heat

Patricia Hamill
An amusing and satirical jab at office politics.

Working for Heat is a compilation of three short stories focused on different aspects of office life. As a satire, these stories are a success, although my opinions of each vary.

Severance Coffee is about a workaholic woman who is just about too busy to be fired. Several situations stood out to me: one, the workaholic who thinks she's single-handedly keeping the business afloat; two, the lack of communication between the company's leaders (and betwe
Al
Aug 05, 2013 Al rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle, read-2013
A small collection of three short stories, each about the workplace, its humor and frustrations. I found that each story had both good and not so good things, although not the same things from story to story.

The first story, Severance Coffee, was my favorite (at least as far as the content of the story goes). It’s about an employee who is being laid off, in spite of being the best employee in her department. (We not only have her opinion on this, but also a bit of evidence to back up her content
Sleepy Joe
Aug 03, 2013 Sleepy Joe rated it really liked it
Just finished reading this collection of short stories and I couldn't put them down. Funny, witty and just a splash of geek. Awesome, go read them....now!!
Java Davis
Java Davis rated it it was ok
Oct 29, 2012
Inês
Inês rated it it was amazing
Jul 22, 2015
Inês Caraça
Inês Caraça rated it it was amazing
Feb 23, 2016
Donovan Sotam
Feb 27, 2012 Donovan Sotam added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Thomas
Thomas marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2012
Rita
Rita added it
Jul 28, 2015
The Humour Club: Looking for reviewers (humour/satire) 9 20 Apr 29, 2013 10:21AM