Start by marking “Kiss That Frog!: 12 Great Ways to Turn Negatives into Positives in Your Life and Work” as Want to Read:

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  222 ratings  ·  34 reviews
Just like the lonely princess in the fairy tale who was reluctant to lock lips with a warty frog and transform him into a handsome prince, something stops many of us short of attaining our dreams. Our negative thoughts, emotions, and attitudes can threaten to keep us from achieving all that we’re capable of. Here bestselling author and speaker Brian Tracy and his daughter,...more
Published March 5th 2012 by Berrett-Koehler Publishers (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Kiss That Frog!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kiss That Frog!

Sara Sherzad
So you may think that this book is one of the quick fix ones that you would think it has a temporary effect & that it is not going to work!
I have had for a long period mind brakes that stopped me from practicing what I actually read from those types of self help books, the one & the only reason for that was because I wanted a quick fix each time I read something. Well unfortunately such a thing doesn't exist!
We have to work for it like "till the last breath"...this book should be made t...more
Marcus Clark
KISS THAT FROG

12 Great Ways to Turn Negatives Into Positives in Your Life and Work.
Brian Tracy & Christina Tracy Stein

This is quite a short self-help book, less that 140 pages, which means it doesn't waffle on like some books do. For a novel, it doesn't matter too much if it is 1000 pages, it is the journey that is enjoyable, but a non-fiction book requires you to comprehend things, remember things, and eventually to take action.

Probably everything in this book can be found in other books.
Rebecca
I have such a love/hate relationship with "self-help" books. I find myself drawn to read them and then when I'm reading them I wish I wasn't... sure, there are tons of great ideas, tips, and practices to incorporate into my own life and I probably will, I just wonder if the time was well spent.

Also, there is a portion where the authors discuss a bit about marriage. I don't like their statements that it is no one's fault if a couple drifts a part and divorce is inevitable. This goes against what...more
Ashraf
Question 1: “If you were financially indecent and had all the money that you could ever Spend the rest of your life, what would you do differently?

What would you get into or out of? What would you start doing or stop doing?"

The point is that if you had no fear of poverty if you had all the money that you wanted or needed, you would probably make dramatic changes in your life. People design their lives to compensate for their fears. They accept lower level jobs than they are truly capable of in...more
Karyl Bailey
Fabulous book! It is funny and truthful. It helps you to really see how you can control how you react to negatives in your life. It is a treasure to read over and over.
Gabriela
Great analogies and useful tips everyone should live by. Definitely a good book.
Jessi
Really good exploration of how to approach life. Definitely ground that has been covered in other books but I think Brian Tracy was really one of the first to look at self-help this way. Bonus points: got to hear him speak about a week after finishing the book. Definitely someone to see in person. You get a small glimpse listening to the audiobook but he is truly magnetic in person.

Questions you need to ask yourself: Is it a fact (unchangeable) or a problem (with a solution) - it's no good to be...more
Gary
While I must admit this is not the book I thought I was getting (I was looking for another book by the same authors about procrastination), it was a useful read nonetheless. This short book is about positive thinking and it provides some handy, easy-to-implement changes and fixes that anyone can put into practice right away to get on the road to a better outlook right away. But just because they are very straightforward suggestions, that does not necessarily mean they will be easy - for example,...more
Mike Vardy
To be fair, Kiss That Frog doesn’t explore waters that haven’t been before, but instead serves as a reminder on how to make sure you have a framework in place to make it happen. A lot of books (and blogs) do this, but Tracy and Tracy Stein do this adeptly throughout — making the process accessible for readers of all varieties. While Lifehack readers may not be unaware of these steps (because they’ve been discussed several times at Lifehack, for example), having a refresher is worthwhile for sure...more
Anzar Kamal
Very good book, i have enjoyed reading it a lot, i wonder if the book has been translated in Hindi or not, i think many people need it in Hindi.
Melanie Walker
Jan 28, 2014 Melanie Walker rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone who wants to improve their lives
I love this book. It is fantastic and really helped me rid my pond of frogs. :)The book helps you address negativity, bad habits, letting go and forgiving others.
Beth
Originally published at BethsBookReviews.com

This was basically a pretty standard self-improvement book packaged in a new way. Yes, the new framing was amusing and helped to present the material in a different way but the book was really just the condensed version of every other Tony Robbins/Jack Canfield book. There was nothing really new about it.

If you're looking for a condensed version of standard self-improvement techniques this would be the perfect fit. Everyone who has already read self-im...more
Shaikha
very practical, straight forward book, loved it
Ali Kim
Great ways to think positive
Shelly
This book talks about positive visualization, positive self-talk, describes to change the negative thinking to positive. Also talks about forgiving people because that will only help you to move on. I really like this book. Its worth reading.
Ahmad Nazeri
Pretty good read--includes action steps that walk you through the implementation of the strategies.
Kesley
Nothing you haven't heard from the motivational/self-development/spiritual genre.
Tracy relegates serious life-changing lessons like forgiveness and compassion to neat, concise to do lists, complete with no-nonsense, straight-to-the-point "business productivity" language. And it works! Nice overview/summary for those who want a quick refresher or for those who are uncomfortable with the emotional or spiritual framework of other similar books.
Emad Takrouni
A really great book, easy to digest and full of techniques that nearly instantly worked for me, maybe because its one of the few times I really did what the book asked me to do in the exercises.

had a few moments of trying to jump lines because of the repeated information every couple of pages, but still , a worth reading book

Nicole L.
Loved this book!!!! The author provided very practical steps to improving the overall quality of your life. Great read to start off year 2014.
Vidya Jha
Optimism par excellence. This book is too good too be true n tries to make you too good to be true. I personally can't be so forgiving and let go things so easily. If someone actually starts doing so, people around you are going to take u for granted.

I belive in getting even with whosoever tries to be unjust to you.

Otherwise, a well written book.. With good positive approach.
Charan Teja
The start for the book given kept me reading it.. a very old story is always told for some purpose is what I always feel. The best part of this book is the exercise at the end of every chapter. These really help one to know your real self.. :-)
You may or maynot read the book completely, juat go do the exercises.. u will your real self..
Robert Hernandez
Generic, yet specific enough to cover most situations, I believe. Not just a bunch of platitudes or "brainwash". This is one of the few motivational talks I've found really useful. Drawing from a variety of recent psychological theories. It's simple, yet packed with good ideas. A good read, or listen if the audio-book is used, as I did.
Lalitha
The book could have been more concise and succinct.
Shaoola

Not much new in it yet I liked some of its similes

-"Kiss the frog" frogs represent the negativity that you may encounter. So, if you embrace it and kiss it, it vanishes or turns into something better.
-"Blue sky thinking" means limitless thinking just set your mind and imagination free of restrictions.
Rick Yvanovich
I see this as a continuation of Eat That Frog, though these 12 ideas are to turn a negative into a positive. They definitely help you to view frogs from a different perspective which all helps to overcome them, eat them and to keep progressing.
Marrtthy
Readable book with some great tips for forgiveness and others. It's better than average, but it's not the top one. I believe, it is good idea to buy it, read it and think about it some time.
Soma Al-Dossary
A short, well thought out self-help book with great tips. The book compares real life issues to the story of "The Princess and the Frog" in a really nice, convincing way. I really enjoyed it.
Noreen
Common sense. But sometimes we need to be reminded. I did not realize how negative I am until I read this.
Fadhal Fatani
An eye opener on how negativity affect our lives and how to control it
Brad Nowlin
An easy and uplifting reminder of positive thinking.
22033
Brian Tracy is Chairman and CEO of Brian Tracy International, a company specializing in the training and development of individuals and organizations.

Brian Tracy has consulted for more than 1,000 companies and addressed more than 5,000,000 people in 5,000 talks and seminars throughout the US, Canada and 55 other countries worldwide. As a Keynote speaker and seminar leader, he addresses more than 2...more
More about Brian Tracy...
Eat That Frog!: 21 Great Ways to Stop Procrastinating and Get More Done in Less Time Goals!: How to Get Everything You Want Faster Than You Ever Thought Possible No Excuses!: The Power of Self-Discipline Maximum Achievement: Strategies and Skills that Will Unlock Your Hidden Powers to Succeed The Psychology of Selling: How to Sell More, Easier, and Faster Than You Ever Thought Possible