Start by marking “Love, Accidentally” as Want to Read:
Love, Accidentally

Love, Accidentally

3.58  ·  Rating Details  ·  745 Ratings  ·  67 Reviews
From the author of The Opposite of Me and Skipping a Beat, an original eBook short story that shows whom we fall in love with may be the biggest - and happiest - accident of all.

Ilsa Brown wasn't expecting a little, injured dog to lead her to the love of her life. But within months of their first meeting on a street corner in L.A., she and Grif, the dog's owner, are engage
Published December 13th 2011 by Washington Square Press

To ask other readers questions about Love, Accidentally, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love, Accidentally

Elena Aitken
Apr 18, 2013 Elena Aitken rated it liked it
I was really excited to read this story. I'd heard good things about the author, and I thought .99 seemed like great value for a short story. The description said it was approximately 94 pages.

I'm giving the story itself 3 stars because I was enjoying it...but when I turned the page, ready to read more...it was over. The ending wasn't really an ending. Which left me clicking, and searching, thinking that surely there must be more. I looked down and I was only at 23% progress on the Kindle.
Now,
Colleen Turner
Dec 27, 2011 Colleen Turner rated it it was amazing
This spinoff to the short story All Is Bright was just as enjoyable as its predecessor. In this story we hear from Ilsa, the woman who takes over the space in Griffin's heart now that Elisa (the heroine in All Is Bright) has vacated. She instantly feels an electric chemistry with Griffin from the moment they meet. Their relationship is a whirlwind and it doesn't seem strange, at first, that Griffin proposes to her just six weeks after they started dating. That is until she starts wondering how m ...more
LiteraryMarie
Dec 18, 2011 LiteraryMarie rated it really liked it
The author's previous story ALL IS BRIGHT continues in the new short story LOVE, ACCIDENTALLY. But this story is told from Griffin's new fiance Ilsa's point of view. It begins with Isla and Griffin meeting by chance when his dog is injured. Within months, the couple grow close and are engaged. During a visit home to Chicago, Isla meets Griffin's parents and discover his ex-girlfriend Elise is still close with the family. Now Isla wonders whether she's the rebound girl or whether falling in love ...more
Caitlynn Day
Aug 13, 2014 Caitlynn Day rated it liked it
Shelves: short-stories, e-book
This short story is the continuation of All is Bright A Short Story. I did enjoy All is Bright a bit more, but Love, Accidentally was still an enjoyable read, especially considering it being the low, low cost of free. It was a happy, cute story, however, I do feel it that it could've been ended waaaaay better.
Mel
Jul 21, 2014 Mel rated it liked it
Argh! Another too short story, I wish this had been just a little bit longer. It was short and sweet.
Sandra Lopez
Dec 10, 2015 Sandra Lopez rated it really liked it
Isla is an animal veterinarian who meets a man (Griff) walking his dog as she was on her way to meet a blind date. I thought this was a very cute meeting.

On the surface, Griff seemed to be a great guy, a perfect guy for Isla; however, all that was put into question when we discovered that he was unemployed. Ooh, not good! And Isla has had some experience dealing with dead-beat losers.

Additionally, was Griff trying to be too perfect when he flew her out to meet his parents on Christmas? But, mo
Raye
Jul 18, 2014 Raye rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
This is one short story that I wish was turned into a novel. The story is about finding love in unexpected place, which in this case it happens to be in the street when Grif's dog was run over by a car. It was love at first sight for Ilsa since it was mainly focused on her and was sure that Grif could be the one even if they dated for a short while. Corrine, Ilsa's sister, was having troubles with her husband Bruce because of an unsettled past. Thus making Ilsa think of Grif if he has an insettl ...more
Marla
Dec 20, 2011 Marla rated it really liked it
I have enjoyed both of these short stories All Is Bright and Love Accidentally . It is amazing how Pekkanen can develop characters in such a short amount of time. It is rare that you feel like you know a character with such few words, but Pekkanen has this power.

I would love to see these characters explored further. Are there more short stories? I want Elise to be a happy too! What about Corrine and Bruce?
Jen Tucker
Dec 26, 2011 Jen Tucker rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sarah Pekkanen tells tales you feel a part of. Love, Accidentally presents a love story that many have been a party to. Is Ilsa really the girl Grif wants to be with, or is she stepping into a rebound role from a first love that might not be finished. I loved this story. Sarah establishes characters that feel fresh yet familiar. She is a beautiful crafter of words. Wonderful short story Sarah!
Shellys♥ Journal
Dec 16, 2011 Shellys♥ Journal rated it really liked it
I really liked the characters in this little story. But I wasn't ready for it to end! lol. I saw a lot more potential for tension and drama and fun. Nice little fun read. Also has excerpts from the author's other books - including her not yet released novel.

Thanks to Sarah for a sweet little story!

JD
Jan 16, 2012 JD rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved it! I loved getting to see the other side of the love triangle BUT PLEASE NEXT CHRISTMAS CAN WE GET A SHORT STORY WHERE I DON'T FEEL HEARTBROKEN FOR ELISE?!?! I need her to meet someone that makes her forget about Griffin. I NEED it!
May 11, 2014 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this short story and it had everything I would want from a short read.

Ilsa and Grif. Two characters with enough going on for future books by Sarak Pekkanen. I went into reading this knowing it was a short story. I didn't expect this little pretty to have a 300 page book's worth of info shoved into under 60 pages.

Ms. Pekkanen gives us just enough insight into the lives of Ilsa and Grif (and a bit of Elise) to make me want to read more about them. I enjoyed Ms. Pekkanen's writing style,
Brenda Haddon
Jun 19, 2014 Brenda Haddon rated it really liked it
This was the first writing by Sarah Pekkanen I have read. She has novels that have caught my attention so I decided to try $.99 short story to get a feel for writing. Mission accomplished! I loved the story, I love her writing style; however I discovered my dislike for short stories. The advertising didn't mention there was a prequel short story, "All is Bright" that lead up to this this story about Grif and his ex Elise (which he accidentally calls Ilsa (the new girlfriend) in the story).
Donna Driver
May 01, 2015 Donna Driver rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For what it was - a short story - I found this to be a highly enjoyable read. I kept waiting for 'the cliche`' even when reading the unexpected, and, I am glad to say, I didn't find it. Love, Accidentally held everything I would hope to find in a story of its length. It left my romantic heart quite satisfied. I was also thrilled to discover I will be able to read Elise's story in All is Bright - which I will be going straight on to.

This is the first time I have read anything by Sarah Pekkanen. I
Nicole Frail
Jun 11, 2012 Nicole Frail rated it liked it
After reading All is Bright, I wanted to hate Ilsa. I really did. But it became clear to me that Elise didn't appreciate Grif. Ilsa did. Ilsa made him happy in a way Elise couldn't. I understood Ilsa's pain and worry at the thought of Grif's past. I can't imagine dating and marrying someone with a past relationship as detailed and long as Grif and Elise's. My boyfriend and I have been together for more than seven years and I sometimes I still find myself getting jealous of the first girl he kiss ...more
Judy Collins
Jul 28, 2013 Judy Collins rated it it was amazing
I adore e-short stories! Sarah is a wonderful author (I just discovered with her new book “The Best of Us” (a 5 star), which I read first, so diving into reading her other previous books. (I usually start with new ones which pull me into the author and then start backwards).

Being in the online media world, front covers are a big draw as well as reading works of my favorite authors---especially with e-books, as the crisp colors are so appealing since you do not have the typical print front cover
Alarra
These are a pair of linked short stories from an author a friend recommended to me. I was completely underwhelmed by them - the first story (All is Bright) felt incredibly unfinished, but as this continues it from a different POV I thought maybe it would resolve better. Nope! Maybe her novels - which are quite thick - have the chance to develop and flesh out her characters and plots, so I'll see if I can find a novel to give it a go before I pass final judgement on Pekkanen.
Jun 09, 2014 Jennifer rated it it was ok
Be warned, this is a short story! A very short story that serves the purpose of intriguing you enough to seek out the corresponding full novel that completes it. Mission accomplished! While this was only a hint of the larger story I do not think it was solid enough, or fleshed out enough to earn its own novella. The main character of Ilsa didn't have enough time to gain my support or love. But I will be checking out The Best of Us to see how the story progresses.
Kristel Villar
Sep 16, 2014 Kristel Villar rated it really liked it
I already anticipated that this will be as short as All Is Bright (where the story was told in Elise's point of view). The love story of Isla and Grif (as narrated by Isla) was as nice and as fast-paced as how it was written, which also made me warm up to them quickly. You don't usually see this kind of set-up in Filipino contemporary romances, but I admired how Sarah created the characters and made the situation work. Nice read for something free!
Ilonita50
Sep 23, 2015 Ilonita50 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-book, romance
Thank you Simon and Schuster website for a free book.

Its a very short story and ended very unexpectedly but Good! The author has known where to put a ".". The book is about unexpectedly meeting someone passing by the streets and where the story can actually go if we let, beautiful variation about the topic how you can meet your future bf.
Kathrine
Dec 28, 2015 Kathrine rated it liked it
Another short, enjoyable read from Sarah Pekkanen. I did enjoy All is Bright more - both story wise and character wise. More feels in the latter. And at least for me I felt more connected to Elise. Ilsa is a bit of a drag at times, but more it was her sister that I wanted to skip over, which isn't a good thing in a story this short. Going to have to pick up another book by this author and see how she does with a full length story (all while wishing she'd continue Elise's story).
Kristin (Kritters Ramblings)
Short stories are very different from complete novels in that the author must get to the point quickly and then end it quickly. As I knew I already was a fan of Sarah Pekkanen, it was a joy to read something different from her.

The story begins with a young woman headed out on a second date that she isn't too excited about, she comes across a young man and sparks fly immediately, but he has an ex-girlfriend who is still in his family's life. I enjoyed the real struggle that each couple has as th
Kim Brown
Sep 20, 2014 Kim Brown rated it liked it
The companion text to "All is Bright". Another quick read and between the two stories I think I prefer this one more.
Christina Anthony
May 02, 2015 Christina Anthony rated it really liked it
Very beautiful short story that correlates with All Is Bright. I was glad to get some perspective from the lives of Grif and Ilsa.
Cinnamon Bun
This book is the companion piece to "All Is Bright," and even though this story has more to it, I feel that a lot of it was rushed through. I read it immediately after "All Is Bright," making the two perspectives of the same story much more cohesive, but I would've preferred a little less rushing in "Love, Accidentally." A little more insight and emotion from these characters could've gone a much longer way in keeping the reader connected and engaged. Instead of two short stories, I feel as if I ...more
Loretta
May 26, 2014 Loretta rated it really liked it
A lot happening in such a short story, but a charming tale from start to resolution.
Alexis
Aug 25, 2014 Alexis rated it liked it
I think it was cute :) I love short romance stories, they are adorable.
Laney Khu
Aug 12, 2014 Laney Khu rated it it was ok
sometimes it's not the people who change,
it's the mask that falls off..
Vamsi19294
Aug 29, 2015 Vamsi19294 rated it really liked it
I love the title of the book and the story itself carries some elements as the title.
Truth is love happens accidentally most of the times.We never knew he/she is the one until we fall for them.
The same point was carried and it was simple and beautiful.
Jennifer Van Dusen
Mar 24, 2014 Jennifer Van Dusen rated it really liked it
Cute little short story!
  • This Heart of Mine
  • Disconnected
  • Simon's Cat: Feed Me!
  • Pinch Me
  • An Erotic Collection Volume 1: This is What I Want\Indecent Experiment\Everything Changes\Layover
  • Desolation Road
  • Catch That Santa
  • Ashford
  • There goes the Bride
  • Leaving Home: Short Pieces
  • The Good Luck Charm
  • Second Chance Hero (Texas Grooms, #6)
  • Daunting Days of Winter (The Kyle Tait Series)
  • Sunlight and Joy: An eBook Original Short Story
  • In the Valley of the Kings: Stories
  • Hot Chocolate
  • Trust Fund Babies
2982045
"Fans of Jennifer Weiner and Emily Giffin will strongly appreciate this rising star in women's fiction." - Library Journal.
Internationally bestselling author Sarah Pekkanen's newest book is THE PERFECT NEIGHBORS. She is also the author of THINGS YOU WON'T SAY, CATCHING AIR, THE BEST OF US, THE OPPOSITE OF ME, SKIPPING A BEAT, and THESE GIRLS. Sarah's linked free short estories, published by Simon&
More about Sarah Pekkanen...