Love, Accidentally

Love, Accidentally

3.63 of 5 stars 3.63  ·  rating details  ·  463 ratings  ·  51 reviews
From the author of The Opposite of Me and Skipping a Beat, an original eBook short story that shows whom we fall in love with may be the biggest—and happiest—accident of all.

Ilsa Brown wasn’t expecting a little, injured dog to l...more
Published December 13th 2011 by Washington Square Press

To ask other readers questions about Love, Accidentally, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love, Accidentally

Colleen Turner
This spinoff to the short story All Is Bright was just as enjoyable as its predecessor. In this story we hear from Ilsa, the woman who takes over the space in Griffin's heart now that Elisa (the heroine in All Is Bright) has vacated. She instantly feels an electric chemistry with Griffin from the moment they meet. Their relationship is a whirlwind and it doesn't seem strange, at first, that Griffin proposes to her just six weeks after they started dating. That is until she starts wondering how m...more
LiteraryMarie
The author's previous story ALL IS BRIGHT continues in the new short story LOVE, ACCIDENTALLY. But this story is told from Griffin's new fiance Ilsa's point of view. It begins with Isla and Griffin meeting by chance when his dog is injured. Within months, the couple grow close and are engaged. During a visit home to Chicago, Isla meets Griffin's parents and discover his ex-girlfriend Elise is still close with the family. Now Isla wonders whether she's the rebound girl or whether falling in love...more
Elena Aitken
I was really excited to read this story. I'd heard good things about the author, and I thought .99 seemed like great value for a short story. The description said it was approximately 94 pages.

I'm giving the story itself 3 stars because I was enjoying it...but when I turned the page, ready to read more...it was over. The ending wasn't really an ending. Which left me clicking, and searching, thinking that surely there must be more. I looked down and I was only at 23% progress on the Kindle.
Now,...more
Caitlynn Day
This short story is the continuation of All is Bright A Short Story. I did enjoy All is Bright a bit more, but Love, Accidentally was still an enjoyable read, especially considering it being the low, low cost of free. It was a happy, cute story, however, I do feel it that it could've been ended waaaaay better.
Mel
Argh! Another too short story, I wish this had been just a little bit longer. It was short and sweet.
JC
This is one short story that I wish was turned into a novel. The story is about finding love in unexpected place, which in this case it happens to be in the street when Grif's dog was run over by a car. It was love at first sight for Ilsa since it was mainly focused on her and was sure that Grif could be the one even if they dated for a short while. Corrine, Ilsa's sister, was having troubles with her husband Bruce because of an unsettled past. Thus making Ilsa think of Grif if he has an insettl...more
Marla
I have enjoyed both of these short stories All Is Bright and Love Accidentally . It is amazing how Pekkanen can develop characters in such a short amount of time. It is rare that you feel like you know a character with such few words, but Pekkanen has this power.

I would love to see these characters explored further. Are there more short stories? I want Elise to be a happy too! What about Corrine and Bruce?
Jen Tucker
Sarah Pekkanen tells tales you feel a part of. Love, Accidentally presents a love story that many have been a party to. Is Ilsa really the girl Grif wants to be with, or is she stepping into a rebound role from a first love that might not be finished. I loved this story. Sarah establishes characters that feel fresh yet familiar. She is a beautiful crafter of words. Wonderful short story Sarah!
Shellys♥ Journal
I really liked the characters in this little story. But I wasn't ready for it to end! lol. I saw a lot more potential for tension and drama and fun. Nice little fun read. Also has excerpts from the author's other books - including her not yet released novel.

Thanks to Sarah for a sweet little story!

JD
I loved it! I loved getting to see the other side of the love triangle BUT PLEASE NEXT CHRISTMAS CAN WE GET A SHORT STORY WHERE I DON'T FEEL HEARTBROKEN FOR ELISE?!?! I need her to meet someone that makes her forget about Griffin. I NEED it!
I enjoyed this short story and it had everything I would want from a short read.

Ilsa and Grif. Two characters with enough going on for future books by Sarak Pekkanen. I went into reading this knowing it was a short story. I didn't expect this little pretty to have a 300 page book's worth of info shoved into under 60 pages.

Ms. Pekkanen gives us just enough insight into the lives of Ilsa and Grif (and a bit of Elise) to make me want to read more about them. I enjoyed Ms. Pekkanen's writing style,...more
Brenda Haddon
This was the first writing by Sarah Pekkanen I have read. She has novels that have caught my attention so I decided to try $.99 short story to get a feel for writing. Mission accomplished! I loved the story, I love her writing style; however I discovered my dislike for short stories. The advertising didn't mention there was a prequel short story, "All is Bright" that lead up to this this story about Grif and his ex Elise (which he accidentally calls Ilsa (the new girlfriend) in the story).
Sarah...more
Nicole
After reading All is Bright, I wanted to hate Ilsa. I really did. But it became clear to me that Elise didn't appreciate Grif. Ilsa did. Ilsa made him happy in a way Elise couldn't. I understood Ilsa's pain and worry at the thought of Grif's past. I can't imagine dating and marrying someone with a past relationship as detailed and long as Grif and Elise's. My boyfriend and I have been together for more than seven years and I sometimes I still find myself getting jealous of the first girl he kiss...more
Judy Collins
I adore e-short stories! Sarah is a wonderful author (I just discovered with her new book “The Best of Us” (a 5 star), which I read first, so diving into reading her other previous books. (I usually start with new ones which pull me into the author and then start backwards).

Being in the online media world, front covers are a big draw as well as reading works of my favorite authors---especially with e-books, as the crisp colors are so appealing since you do not have the typical print front cover...more
Be warned, this is a short story! A very short story that serves the purpose of intriguing you enough to seek out the corresponding full novel that completes it. Mission accomplished! While this was only a hint of the larger story I do not think it was solid enough, or fleshed out enough to earn its own novella. The main character of Ilsa didn't have enough time to gain my support or love. But I will be checking out The Best of Us to see how the story progresses.
Kristel Villar
I already anticipated that this will be as short as All Is Bright (where the story was told in Elise's point of view). The love story of Isla and Grif (as narrated by Isla) was as nice and as fast-paced as how it was written, which also made me warm up to them quickly. You don't usually see this kind of set-up in Filipino contemporary romances, but I admired how Sarah created the characters and made the situation work. Nice read for something free!
Kristin (Kritters Ramblings)
Short stories are very different from complete novels in that the author must get to the point quickly and then end it quickly. As I knew I already was a fan of Sarah Pekkanen, it was a joy to read something different from her.

The story begins with a young woman headed out on a second date that she isn't too excited about, she comes across a young man and sparks fly immediately, but he has an ex-girlfriend who is still in his family's life. I enjoyed the real struggle that each couple has as th...more
Loretta
A lot happening in such a short story, but a charming tale from start to resolution.
Alexis
I think it was cute :) I love short romance stories, they are adorable.
Laney Khu
sometimes it's not the people who change,
it's the mask that falls off..
Jennifer Van Dusen
Cute little short story!
Brinel
Sep 10, 2014 Brinel added it
Nice book to read
Rashika
shorter than i like. sweet read
Cynthia Haddad
I guess it was a nice story.. not ny favorite though. I only read this book because I had nothing else on my way to work.
L
Little did I know when I began this short story that it was a spin off from a earlier story. It didn't change my feelings for this story however. I immediately became attached to the characters, and found myself at the end all too quickly, I wanted to know more so at least now I know I can go back if not forward.

Oh and thanks again Sarah for the chance to read this and the beginning of your novel.
Sharon
Another good short story that made me feel that the book ended abruptly. This book has the same characters as All is bright but this book is told through Ilsa's eyes. I liked it but had a hard time reading through Ilsa's jealousy even if I couldn't blame her. Maybe I just didn't connect with her like I did Elise. Either way I'd recommend it.
Mel
LOVE! As Ive said before, Sarah nails a good story and Ilsa's take on things with Grif and Elise is no exception. I haven't done the research to find out if these are snippets for a larger project but I really hope they are as I want to know more about these characters.
Dinah
Overall, a pretty good read. The characters were well developed for a short story and it flowed well. The only annoying factor for me was the beginning of their relationship. But that's just a personal thing for me. Cheesy lines are annoying. LOL
Catherine Sumner
Another in my recent string of e-short-stories. I liked this one. It's a simple story about a relationship that moves maybe a little too quickly, and how the heroine deals with her doubts and questions about her boyfriend's past love.
Kayla Eklund
I liked this. The ending was a little lacking though. I really wanted to know how her sister's situation turned out.
  • Disconnected
  • The Irish Lover (Glenncailty Castle, #1.5)
  • Christmas Pleasures (Blurred Lines, #8.5)
  • The Song Remains the Same
  • Simon's Cat: Feed Me!
  • Christmas in Venice: A Short Story
  • Pinch Me
  • Home to Pebble Creek
  • The Last Single Girl (Brew Ha Ha, #1)
  • The First Lie
  • The Cowboy Kiss
  • Sunshine, With a Chance of Snow
  • Leaving Home: Short Pieces
  • Worst Impressions
  • The Glass Case
  • How Lucky You Are
  • The Good Luck Charm
  • I Love Lucy (The Bachelor Pact)
2982045
"Fans of Jennifer Weiner and Emily Giffin will strongly appreciate this rising star in women's fiction." - Library Journal.
Internationally bestselling author Sarah Pekkanen's newest book is CATCHING AIR. (May 2014, Atria/Simon&Schuster). She is also the author of THE BEST OF US, THE OPPOSITE OF ME, SKIPPING A BEAT, and THESE GIRLS. Sarah's linked free short estories, published by Simon&Schuster...more
More about Sarah Pekkanen...
The Opposite of Me Skipping a Beat These Girls The Best of Us Catching Air