Start by marking “This Haunted World” as Want to Read:
This Haunted World

This Haunted World

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  15 ratings  ·  14 reviews
THIS HAUNTED WORLD, which will be published in digital format initially, sees a world is awash in conflict and suffering. Some believe the Biblical End Times have arrived; others believe a civilization too often driven by greed has simply begun the inevitable process of devouring itself.

Amid the fear and chaos walks a shadow. In the war-torn hills of Afghanistan, in the tr
Published October 31st 2011 by Sea Lion Books

To ask other readers questions about This Haunted World, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about This Haunted World

VampireNovelFan
*ARC Provided by Sea Lion Books

This Haunted World is creepy! It kicks off with a wounded soldier explaining what happened on the battlefield. He describes a mysterious tribe who completely annihilates his troop. Nobody believes him, but from the looks of it, they will soon wish they had. There is a good deal of disturbing imagery, suspense, and paranormal elements. The art is well done and several stills capture the characters expressions really well. It's certainly an interesting start to this
Laura Graves
Review posted 10/26/2011 at Owl Tell You About It.

I'm a little out of my comfort zone with this review. I don't have much of experience with comics. I've read a ton of manga, but it's pretty different from graphic novels and I've only read a few of those. I'm sure I'll get used to it after a little while. One thing I do know is that it's difficult to rate the first issue alone. It's hard to determine whether or not you like something when it hasn't developed yet. I'll do my best, and hopefully I
Katy
Dec 06, 2011 Katy rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans of: ghosts, parapsychology, graphic novels
Recommended to Katy by: Sea Lion Books
Let me tell you, if I could give this 50 out of 5 stars, I would – this is one of the most amazing graphic novels I have ever seen; the artwork is astonishingly real while at the same time remaining eerie – the cover alone is unbelievable! The details are phenomenal and while Sea Lion Books generously provided me a .pdf copy of this to review, I find it essential to get the actual book so I can get as close and personal as possible with this amazing art. The story is also well-begun – there appe ...more
Charlie
I usually don’t read graphic novels as much as I would like to, but when I was given a chance to check this out before its initial release, I couldn’t resist! With that being said, there was a lot I liked and disliked about this first issue.

We will start with the bad, since it’s always good to end on a high note. The first thing that bothered me was the title, especially the way it’s presented on the cover page. It doesn’t really seem to fit the tone of the series as a whole. I really think the
Diayll
Jan 03, 2012 Diayll rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of mysteries and horror stories
Originally Reviewed at: Mother/Gamer/Writer
My Rating: 4 out of 5 Controllers
Review Source: Sea Lion Books

My Quickie Review of This Haunted World:

CAUTION, if you get easily offended, you might want to back away from the screen now. This Haunted World is anIN-YOUR-FACE dark mystery, with political scandals, a little bit of paranormal, and a WHOLE LOT of death. From the first page to the last, readers will be baffled by the mysterious Man in the Hills, who is building an army amid the souls of th
Ana
This review will be divided by issues.

Podem ler a minha opinião no blog Floresta de Livros: Cáp. 1, Cáp. 2,

Issue #1
I was surprised at how much I liked this first issue. The story is really engaging, the dialogues are really good and the art is very good. Not even the more political side of the story was boring. Really, I enjoyed this a lot, and can't wait to read more. It seems that many great things will come after this (already we see great changes taking place).

Issue #2
If I had enjoyed issue
I’m new to graphic novels and This Haunted World was a great place to start. It has so much to offer readers of all genres, with mystery, suspense and paranormal qualities. The illustrations are phenomenal and creepy. You can’t stop looking at them. I’m amazed at the artistry that went into this fabulously dark tale. The intensity of the images only adds to the paranormal chaos as the story unfolds.

The plot is definitely gripping. It pulls you through, making you want to know more about the haun
Keely
Thanks to Sea Lion Books!

Top secret meetings, political scandals, crazy shadow men who are building an army of lost souls. I haven't read anything like this in a while...

I wasn't sure what to expect - in fact, I've put off reading this for a while - but I found myself wrapped up in the story. We don't have a whole lot to go on just yet - mostly speculation - but it doesn't leave you totally clueless.. I'm verry curious to see what happens next, how this all started, and why...

The art really ca
Katie
Oct 16, 2011 Katie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Graphic novel
Recommended to Katie by: Sea Lion Books
Another big thank you to Sea Lion Books for sending this issue to me for review.

Being the first issue, everything is a little intriguing and new. The graphics are fantastic and the storyline is just beginning. What a way to start the series.

Daniel is being held in prison because his finger prints have been found in more than one crime scene. He is ghost hunter and is trying to make a break through, but got caught instead.

Things are getting strange and Daniel wakes in his cell. Everybody is dy
Colleen
I originally wrote a long review for this book, but when I hit the save button, my computer froze and I lost the review.

This is a much shorter version of the review.

I really liked this graphic novel. There is some violence in it, as it focuses on current war issues, but its not overwhelming.

There are many different characters introduced into this graphic novel and it can seem a little confusing at first, but its worth it. There is definitely an other worldly element to this novel but its more
Jowanna
I found this story hard to follow. I get the concept, but switching from one character to another is pretty confusing.
The illustrations however are amazing. That alone kept me turning the pages.
I gave it a 3 but maybe this story would be better suited for a male audience, and maybe I just can't appreciate the violence.
PR
Book Him Danno
This graphic novel has lots going on, with a To Be Continued at the end. What is going to happen now that someone has connected the dots? I want to know. The drawings are well done and move the story along. Lots of interesting characters to keep you reading and wondering. I will be reviewing this on my blog in a few weeks time.
Jessie Potts
really disturbing images (I love it!) that will stay with you after you close your eyes. The players in this game are all disturbed and twisted, which makes for an even better plot.

Watch for the full review on bittenbybooks.com

Sophie
Sophie marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2014
Muhammad Irsan
Muhammad Irsan marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2014
Taufiq Ipotsky
Taufiq Ipotsky marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2014
Jeremy
Jeremy marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2012
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2012
Adriane
Adriane marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2012
Atle Lerøy
Atle Lerøy marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2011
Edel
Edel marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2011
Quigui
Quigui added it
Oct 27, 2011
Sea Lion Books: This Haunted World Available Digitally on 10/31 1 5 Oct 29, 2011 06:58PM
Sea Lion Books: This Haunted World 6 14 Oct 29, 2011 06:54PM
Sea Lion Books: This Haunted World 1 5 Oct 12, 2011 07:57AM
The Dresden Files:  Storm Front, Volume 1:  The Gathering Storm The Dresden Files: Storm Front, Volume 2: Maelstrom Jim Butcher's Dresden Files: Ghoul Goblin The Dresden Files: Fool Moon, Volume 1 The Dresden Files: Fool Moon, Volume 2