Start by marking “The Gardens of Covington (Ladies of Covington, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Gardens of Covington (Ladies of Covington, #2)

The Gardens of Covington (Ladies of Covington #2)

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  403 ratings  ·  25 reviews
Hannah, cool-headed and calm, battles to save their beloved hills from the rapacious development that has already ruined Loring Valley, only five minutes form Cove Road. Amelia, giddy with a newfound love, abandons the ladies and her photography to please her dashing new beau. And Grace is driven to prove she has an eye for business when she and her steady companion, Bob R ...more
Published May 19th 2002 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published May 18th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about The Gardens of Covington, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Gardens of Covington

Claire
I feel like I can give the same review for all of the Covington books. I like them obviously because I can't seem to put them down once I've started and I always want to read the next in the series but...

What does the author have against men? I mean, I am all for women taking charge of their lives and being independent. Don't get me wrong. But it just seems like the author sort of belittles men in general as if they are expendable. Women need men and men need women- that's the bottom line. And w
Connie
Visiting with the Ladies of Covington in Book 2 of the series by Joan Medlicott was enjoyable. This book introduced a few more neighbors of Cove Road, as well as shared events of Hannah, Amelia and Grace's lives in a small area of western North Carolina. I am looking forward to continuing this series.
Sandy
The three Covington books by Joan Medlicott are very sweet stories about three ladies in their 60s who meet at a boarding house where their families have left them to live out their later years. Good fortune results in the three being able to live together in their own home and share everyday joys and disappointments. Although very simple reads, they cover the tough issues of today, providing us a fresh, mature viewpoint.
Pam
I just reread this book. I really liked the Ladies of Covington and recommended it to my book club when I first read the series.

It's nice to read a book series about older women who take charge of their lives after spending most of their lives bowing to the men in their lives.

Nancy
This is the second in a series of books about three older ladies who have moved in together as newcomers to a small town in South Carolina. The ladies have distinct personalities with strengths and flaws that interact but never destroy the bond that they've established. In this book, we see them becoming more involved with community affairs and acquainted with quirky individuals who seem to have been pigeon-holed and written-off by long-time residents. We also see a questionable romance and two ...more
Sharon
If you enjoyed Jan Karon's Mitford series, I would suggest you read Joan Medlicott's series about the ladies who live in Covington, a fictitious town set in the Blue Ridge Mts. of NC. This is the second book in Medlicott's series.
Rita
The Ladies of Covington are at it again. This book took a little longer to get into than the first one, but soon I was eager to see what they were up to next. Hannah is determined to save Cove Road from being developed into another condo development and resort. Amelia finds romance--but is it really? And Grace is there to advise and encourage them and all the new friends they meet in this wonderful town of Covington. What a fun book!
Donna
I really like this book. The book is based in a fictional city of Covington, near Asheville. But she refers so often to real places in Asheville that I became so familiar with... it's like visiting Asheville every time I open the book.

This was the 2nd book in the series and I am really enjoying watching how the character develop, the stories about their lives develop.

Patricia Solla
This is the second book written by the author about three older women who start new adventures living in South Carolina. In the first book we found out how they left the adult home they were living in and moved to Covington. In this book we find out what they have been doing and how it's affected their lives. I like the characters and the storyline.
Jackie
Read the first book about how the ladies came to Covington and was anxious to read more about them. This one was not quite as good as the first but enjoyed that she showed that love occurs at any age. I am enthralled with idea of widows living together yet being independent and active.
Jean Perry
What a delightful read, but also thought provoking. These three women are so human and normal. They have interesting, not dramatically truamatic, lives. I could live in the farmhouse. All of the characters and events and locTions seem real. I'll continue the series
Fay Bassett
The story of three older women who live together. They celebrate friendship, families and love. They share laughter and tears helping each other out with simple words of wisdom. A very enjoyable book. Looking forword to reading the first in this series and any others.
Ann
This book took me back to my childhood living in a small town. It was about accepting strangers and being there for others in time of need. It is about friedships, relationships, love, passion, and commitment. I would recommend this for light reading.
Barbara Cook
3.5 This one dragged in the middle for me a little bit. I do enjoy the ladies though and the authors including "problems of life" and how they deal with them together.
Nancy
The follow-up to The Ladies of Covington Send Their Love. Took me a while to get into it, but turned out to be a good read.
Judy Wise
Finally had to put this book away. I just could not get into it. At this time I need something a little faster reading
Gwen
Mar 13, 2009 Gwen added it
Another very satisfying book about modern mature women in very up-to-date situations and relationships. The second in the series.
Susan
a bit disappointing because I had hoped for a true garden novel. Oh well, might try her next one if I see it.
Donna Townsend
I went through a gardening stage a couple of years ago. it was very rewarding. enjoying the saga of these ladies.
Sandy
Apr 07, 2011 Sandy added it
Delightful. The ladies experience real life challenges as well as joys and growth.
Joann in tx
enjoyed it and hope to get the remaining books in the series.
Chris
Pleasant read about strong, mature women and their journeys together.
Nancy Carty Lepri
Wonderful tale about friendship.
Lisa
Jul 08, 2008 Lisa marked it as to-read
Ladies of Covington series / book two
Dale King
Dale King marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Judy Henke
Judy Henke marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
  • The Dream
  • Dearest Dorothy, Merry Everything! (Dearest Dorothy, #5)
  • Life on Planet Mom: A Down-to-Earth Guide to Your Changing Relationships
  • Hold Up the Sky
  • The Deer in the Wood
  • To Honor and Trust (Bridal Veil Island, #3)
  • Sweet Sanctuary
  • Wild Heather: (English Ivy, #2)
  • Miss Julia Delivers the Goods (Miss Julia, #10)
  • Opal (Dakotah Treasures, #3)
  • Dandelions in a Jelly Jar
  • Endless Chain (Shenandoah Album)
  • Beloved Disciple: The Life & Ministry of John (Leader Guide)
  • Running for Cover (Heroes for Hire, #1)
  • Keeping a Princess Heart: In a Not-So-Fairy-Tale World
Joan Medlicott lives with her husband in Barnardsville, North Carolina, where she conducts the popular Tea on the Porch workshops.
More about Joan Medlicott...
The Ladies of Covington Send Their Love (Ladies of Covington, #1) From the Heart of Covington (Ladies of Covington, #3) Two Days After the Wedding (Ladies of Covington, #6) The Spirit of Covington (Ladies of Covington, #4) At Home in Covington (Ladies of Covington, #5)