Start by marking “Time Voyage (Return to Titanic, #1)” as Want to Read:
Time Voyage (Return to Titanic, #1)

Time Voyage (Return to Titanic #1)

3.62  ·  Rating Details  ·  94 Ratings  ·  33 Reviews
On the first day of their spring break, best friends Tucker and Maya discover a "Special Collection" of Titanic artifacts at the local museum. But the artifacts have more power than they know. When they touch a magic ticket, Tucker and Maya find themselves transported 100 years in the past Ñ to Titanic's maiden voyage. Now they must figure out how to save a new friend, and ...more
Published January 1st 2012 by Coughlan Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Time Voyage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Time Voyage

Donna
Holy crap. I have so much love for this book it's quite possibly bordering on unhealthy. The love is not just for the book's topic (MAJOR love) but for the writing. It's probably because I hardly read middle grade books but TIME VOYAGE is written so amazingly that I can't form thoughts beyond ill-conceived adjectives. There is no pandering to the reader whatsoever, no talking down, no kiddie feel. Yeah, it's written in a very precise way. Absolutely no fat (and as a result very little detail or ...more
Tarissa
Jul 11, 2014 Tarissa rated it it was amazing
Time Voyage is the first in a set of 4 books about a couple of modern-day 14-year-old kids who are whisked back through time to experience the Titanic's first -- and only -- voyage.

After reading book 1, I'm most definitely "on board" with the plot Brezenoff created! He has interwoven the important facts of the RMS Titanic into a relatable story that kids today will understand... and they'll even enjoy learning about history this way. In a similar way to the popular Magic Tree House series, two
Emily
Jul 14, 2015 Emily rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Titanic, historical fans
Shelves: titanic, mystery, history
I am a huge Titanic fan. When I saw these books I thought why not? They could be fun quick reads? And they were! First of all, the illustrations in this book are great! In this book Tucker and Maya are searching through Titanic artifacts and by accident wind up back in 1912. Tucker and Maya want to warn everyone about the Titanic's fatal maiden voyage.
Krista
Jun 13, 2016 Krista rated it liked it
Hellen
This is the first book in the series “Return to Titanic” and the first half of the book can be understood as an introduction to the whole series. It might be a bit slow if you compare it with the second half, but it is important to understand what leads the kids to travel back in time and how it happens.

Although there is not much character development, this doesn’t mean there aren’t any round characters.

We can see how much the situation is affecting Tucker and Maya. It is understandable. When th
Vicky
Feb 16, 2012 Vicky rated it it was ok
I was really looking forward to this book. Time travel and the Titanic, what's not to love?

Unfortunately, this book. It was incredibly short - not a bad thing for elementary grades - but it was so obviously part of a series - it didn't even have a complete story. It's just chapters of a larger work, one that continues in the next book. In order to have the complete story and find out what happens to the main characters, you are forced to purchase all the books in the series. I despise this kind
Tabby
Dec 06, 2011 Tabby rated it it was ok
Shelves: netgalley, arc, e-book
Received from: Capstone
Received Via: NetGalley.com

After touching a magical ticket Maya and Tucker are Transferred back in time. Knowing the Titanic will sink they try to warn the Kearney family but will they listen?

The length of this book really hurt it. Two books needed to be joined or something cause it was way too short and I felt like nothing happened. I also didn't like the two main charters I just found them both annoying. Tucker more so then Maya seriously how many times do you have to b
Jennifer Tooker
Feb 08, 2015 Jennifer Tooker rated it really liked it
A quick easy read - series of four books. My 8 year old and I tore through them on a weekend.

There was one photo that was slightly factually incorrect, but I'll overlook it. Although Titanic had 4 funnels only 3 were operational, so the photo where it shows all 4 funnels with smoke coming out of them is not accurate.

Nitpicky really, I know :)
Ms. Yingling
Feb 27, 2012 Ms. Yingling rated it it was ok
Tucker and Maya have to spend a boring day in his mother's museum helping to set up a Titanic exhibit. Neither of them are all that interested even though an ancestor of Tucker's was on the ship. When the two are looking at artifacts, they both pick up a ticket... and are sent back in time to the Titanic! They try to stop Tucker's ancestor from getting on but are unsuccessful, so board themselves. Will they be able to make any changes in the outcome of this epic disaster? Book one of a series.
We
Mandy
Feb 06, 2012 Mandy rated it it was amazing
Tucker dreads the thought of spending his Spring Break cataloging things for his mom, a museum curator. At least he gets to endure the boredom with his best friend Maya. But things become anything but boring when he and Maya find a boarding ticket that transports them back in time to Queenston. Tucker and Maya then go from being bored to boarding a tender that will take them to the Titanic's historical voyage!

Thank you Capstone for the opportunity to read this e-galley! I not only look forward
Emily
Jul 14, 2015 Emily rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Titanic, historical fans
Shelves: titanic, mystery, history
This book is part of a series. This series is called Return to Titanic. There are four books in this series: 1st- Time Voyage, 2nd- Stowaways, 3rd- An Unsinkable Ship, and 4th- Overboard. These books are quick reads that are fun.
My favorite part about these books were the historical facts at the end.
Goodreads made a mistake!
Paige Y.
A good start to a high-low series for middle grades. It has enough suspense and excitement to keep students reading. I'm looking forward to reading the next installment.
Maddie
May 28, 2016 Maddie rated it really liked it
I am a huge Titanic fan and I loved this book. I read it in a total of 20 minutes. TWENTY.

review coming soon to iheartglitterblog.wordpress.com!
Kat Wells
Nov 07, 2014 Kat Wells rated it it was amazing
I am so obsessed with the titanic so this series will be one of my favorites! this first book was a great start to the other books.
Wendy
Apr 12, 2014 Wendy rated it liked it
Fun juvenile series about two kids who magically travel back in time to when the Titanic was about to set sail.
Aaron Bower
Nov 29, 2013 Aaron Bower rated it really liked it
Time Voyage, by Steve Brezenoff, was an easy science fiction book. It is the first book out of a four book set. You have to read the next book so you know what happens to Tucker and Maya. Tucker and Maya time travel from 2012 to 1912. They end up in Ireland where people are getting ready to get on the Titanic. I like to read books about the Titantic so I liked this book. I would recommend it to anyone in third or above that likes to learn about the Titanic.
Jaime Leroy
In this fourth installment of the series, Tucker and Maya have to travel back to the titanic one more time to help recue Liam. The story has everything a good story needs: adventure, friendship, historical aspects, and time travel! I will definitely be purchasing the first three books of the series!

Price: $18.04
Suitability: Grades 3-6
Illustrations: black and white drawings
Genre: Historical Fiction
Possible Censorship Issues: N/A
Call #: FIC BRE
Laura Phelps
Oct 14, 2012 Laura Phelps rated it liked it
Shelves: possiblemsba2012
This first book in the “Return to Titanic” series was a pleasant surprise. The premise is simple (two kids accidentally go back in time and end up on the Titanic), but the presentation is fairly cool, with interesting illustrations, maps, and pseudo-primary source-like documents included throughout. The readability of this title, combined with the high interest subject, make it accessible to a wide array of students.
Kellee
May 27, 2012 Kellee rated it liked it
This one is hard for me to rate because it is just the beginning of Tucker & Maya's adventures. This first book ends so quickly, only showing us the premise of the series. It does build some suspense which makes you want to read the next book.

My students love Titanic books and this one is perfect for my reluctant readers, but I will not purchase it until the whole series is out.
Melissa
Dec 26, 2013 Melissa rated it really liked it
Two teens, spending a dull day helping out with a Titanic exhibit, find themselves transported back to the pier just as the Titanic is getting ready to set sail. A fun hi/lo read with realistic characters and an interesting storyline. I am looking forward to reading the next one.
Meadow
This is the beginning of a series that takes two kids back in time to the sailing of the Titanic. Although it was a bit slow for me (the whole book only introduces the characters and covers the loading of Titanic), I read this with my 8 year old and she really liked it. On to the second!
Traci
Nov 21, 2012 Traci rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a great book to read with my little 8 year old because it not only was a fun read but it talk about history and for a young kid sometimes that is the best way to learn. The picture is wrong on the book cover on goodreads for Time Voyage.
Jehnie
Oct 10, 2013 Jehnie rated it liked it
Shelves: children-s
I don't get the Titanic-craze, but as it seems to be popular I read this to my son. It does throw in a lot of true facts in the course of the story. But, it isn't a complete story; you need to keep reading - which sells more boosk.
Susan
May 09, 2013 Susan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was really looking forward to reading this book but was left a little disappointed. It was really lacking if it was trying to be a historical fiction, and not fantastic enough to be a fantasy novel.
Ratforcekids
Oct 08, 2012 Ratforcekids rated it really liked it
You said you wanted to try some brand new books and this series fits that category. A time travel adventure, I think you'll enjoy this series.
Andrea Labonte
Dec 17, 2014 Andrea Labonte rated it it was amazing
Shelves: juv
Awesome read. I love reading books about Titanic but this series is really good. Find out what Tucker and Maya have in store for you.
Lisa
This is the first in a series of four, wonderful short series for younger readers who enjoy history, and traveling back in time.
Culleen
Oct 29, 2013 Culleen rated it really liked it
very well written children's book...keeps the reader turning the page. Can't wait to read the rest in the series.
Gina Hott
Feb 26, 2012 Gina Hott rated it really liked it
Terrific middle grade but... Definitely can't wait for the next one
Angie Echevarria
Jul 22, 2013 Angie Echevarria rated it liked it
The kids in my library will love this! Time travel AND The Titanic!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Steve Brezenoff is the author of the young adult novels The Absolute Value of -1 and Brooklyn, Burning, and his third, Guy In Real Life, will be released in 2014. He has also written dozens of chapter books for younger readers. Though Steve grew up in a suburb on Long Island, he now lives with his wife and their son in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
More about Steve Brezenoff...

Return to Titanic (4 books)
  • Stowaways (Return to Titanic, #2)
  • An Unsinkable Ship (Return to Titanic, #3)
  • Overboard (Return to Titanic)