Start by marking “From the Heart of Covington (Ladies of Covington, #3)” as Want to Read:
From the Heart of Covington (Ladies of Covington, #3)

From the Heart of Covington (Ladies of Covington #3)

The three spunky ladies who so charmed readers in The Ladies of Covington Send Their Love and The Gardens of Covington welcome us back to the small Southern town of Covington, to their quaint white farmhouse with yellow shutters on Cove Road...

From the Heart of Covington
Life lessons abound as housemates Hannah, Grace, Amelia continue to surround themselves with love and ho
Published September 15th 2003 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published 2002)

To ask other readers questions about From the Heart of Covington, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about From the Heart of Covington

Gloria Mccracken
Mar 28, 2016 Gloria Mccracken rated it liked it
This whole series, of which this is the third, is just full of sweetness and light (emphasis on sweetness). Sometimes you just want a book that doesn't ask much of you, that you know when you start that everything will come out all right, and that everyone will get what they deserve or grow to deserve what they get. If that's what you're in the mood for, this series is just the ticket. But don't be surprised if the next book you read is something like...oh, Neil Gaiman's Sandman series...
RITA KIM
This is the third book of the three senior women who live together. Their trials and tribulations of their personal ambitions and lives are interwoven. A greiving injured dauhter comes to recuperate and ends up becoming a part of their "family". You become intrigued by their wisdom and respect for one another and the people who intersect their lives
Cindy
Sep 10, 2008 Cindy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Cindy by: just found it at the library
Shelves: fiction
This book is sometimes described as Christian fiction, but I'm not sure that is a very good description of it at all. I liked the characters, but there were more than one plot development in this book that just bothered me. They were enough to help me decide that I'm not going to read any more in this series.
Elsie
Aug 29, 2009 Elsie rated it really liked it
As always, I enjoy reading about the "ladies" and their lives. I am sure that I enjoy them so much since I am in their age bracket. Another joy in reading the book is seeing our area (Asheville, NC) through someone else's eyes. I hope to read all the books in the series because they are some of my friends.
Patricia Solla
Apr 24, 2010 Patricia Solla rated it really liked it
Shelves: library-books
This author writes a good storyline. The three main characters are older women who have come together as friends and are living their lives with gusto. I love the descriptions of the town and the gardens. All I say is that I want a 'pizza garden' as described in the book.
Clare
Oct 05, 2012 Clare rated it it was amazing
The Ladies of Covington is a book about friendship, restoring friendship and developing friendship. A feel good series...a rural setting...women of the 60+ age group...relationships with children, siblings, and husbands/parents... Highly recommend this book.
Connie
Jan 29, 2014 Connie rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
This is book three of the Ladies of Covington series. It is a book of friendship and the relationships of the friend Hannah, Amelia and Grace, their families and friends of Covington. Very good read.
Kimberly
Jun 09, 2011 Kimberly rated it it was amazing
Good series
Lisa
Jul 08, 2008 Lisa marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Ladies of Covington series / book three
Marjorie DeAngelis
May 20, 2015 Marjorie DeAngelis rated it it was amazing
Very special. These ladies remind us of the endless possibilities senior years hold. Am delighted to read that Joan only began this series when she was 60. Brava!!!
Paula
Sep 05, 2013 Paula rated it really liked it
love this series
Claire
Aug 19, 2010 Claire rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
See other reviews for Covington books. Same for this.
Kim
Feb 20, 2015 Kim rated it really liked it
This was my second read of it, charming, gentle fiction. Moved the characters along (this is the third in a series). Really enjoyed it.
Donna Townsend
Oct 04, 2013 Donna Townsend rated it really liked it
I enjoy the possibility of an engaging, comfortable life with abundant relationships at this or any age.
May Ellen
Jul 31, 2012 May Ellen rated it really liked it
Loved it!
Paulette
Dec 21, 2010 Paulette rated it liked it
I've been down with a bad cold this week. Covington is perfect...not too tricky...not too deep...about three old ladies trying to figure out these last years of their lives.
Deelighted
Mar 27, 2016 Deelighted rated it really liked it
Really enjoying this series and can't wait to read more!
Jodi Lockhart
Jodi Lockhart rated it liked it
Sep 30, 2012
Marie
Marie rated it it was amazing
Aug 05, 2010
Jan M.
Jan M. rated it really liked it
Nov 18, 2014
Sharon
Sharon rated it liked it
Jul 05, 2015
Donna
Donna rated it it was amazing
Feb 12, 2012
Victoria Miller
Victoria Miller rated it really liked it
Mar 12, 2017
Diana
Diana rated it it was amazing
Sep 13, 2012
Carol
Carol rated it liked it
Feb 17, 2009
Catherine
Catherine rated it really liked it
Mar 06, 2013
Gail
Gail rated it really liked it
Nov 24, 2014
Chris
Chris rated it really liked it
Jul 16, 2009
Lynette Myers
Lynette Myers rated it liked it
Apr 02, 2010
  • Dearest Dorothy, Slow Down, You're Wearing Us Out! (Dearest Dorothy, #2)
  • Dandelions in a Jelly Jar
  • Lumby's Bounty (Lumby, #3)
  • A Miracle for St. Cecilia's
  • Christmas on Ladybug Farm (Ladybug Farm #4)
  • Before the Darkness Falls (Savannah Quartet, #3)
  • Coming Back to Me
  • Across the Years (Desert Roses, #2)
  • A New Leaf
  • Miss Julia Delivers the Goods (Miss Julia, #10)
Joan Medlicott lives with her husband in Barnardsville, North Carolina, where she conducts the popular Tea on the Porch workshops.
More about Joan Medlicott...

Ladies of Covington (10 books)
  • The Ladies of Covington Send Their Love (Ladies of Covington, #1)
  • The Gardens of Covington (Ladies of Covington, #2)
  • The Spirit of Covington (Ladies of Covington, #4)
  • At Home in Covington (Ladies of Covington, #5)
  • A Covington Christmas
  • Two Days After the Wedding (Ladies of Covington, #6)
  • An Unexpected Family (Ladies of Covington, #7)
  • Promises of Change  (Ladies of Covington, #8)
  • A Blue and Gray Christmas