Start by marking “Amazing Stories of the Flying Spaghetti Monster” as Want to Read:
Amazing Stories of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

Amazing Stories of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  38 ratings  ·  9 reviews
On the seventh day, the Flying Spaghetti Monster said, "Read me, for I am good." In Amazing Stories, the Flying Spaghetti Monster goes on trial to earn his godhood among a council of deities that includes Jehovah, the Buddha, Ganesh, Cthulhu, and Charlie Sheen. He is interviewed for an exclusive episode of the celebrity talk show In the Monster's Studio to discuss his rela ...more
Published October 1st 2011 by Eraserhead Press

To ask other readers questions about Amazing Stories of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Amazing Stories of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

Dustin Reade
A great collection of stories that is very varied in tone, style, and interpretation. When I bought it, I figured I would be reading a lot of stories about suddenly sentient dinners at Olive Garden, or armies of Atheists battling other gods. Y'know, funny stories that were all basically the same. That is the problem I find with most themed anthologies: the stories are all basically the same.

This is not like other themed anthologies. The stories in here are connected by the thinnest of threads.
Emory
Religion makes a great many assumptions about the workings of the universe. Many throw rational thought out of the window, delivering dogma as fact. While this can cause some very heated debates with non-followers, none do it quite so humorously as the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

If you are unfamiliar with the Flying Spaghetti Monster, wikipedia has a nice article on His Noodly Goodness, or you can go to the Church's website at venganza.org. In short, the FSM is a divine being who doe
Ame
A lovely collection of stories paying homage to our beloved and delicious leader, the Flying Spaghetti Monster. In here, you'll find words of worship, praise, terror, awe, and you'll relish the warble of FSM's one and true song.
Chris
In many ways I enjoyed this book more than The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. It's less repetitive and the stories are more interesting and bizarre. My only gripes about these Amazing Stories is that some of them go against his Noodliness's non-violent ways and the one story, The Black Sleeve of Destiny, really has nothing to do with the FSM.
Cameron
A collection of short stories from varied writers, not surprisingly some missed target but the majority were very good (even without taking into account the FSM content).
I am interested reading some of some of the writers after this.
David Barbee
I'm going to throw down on some ravioli tonight to celebrate finishing this book, which will give you a hunger for both Italian food and the entire universe.
Constance
Like most people who have reviewed this book I have to say some stories were really great and others downright put me to sleep. Three stars.
Felix
Not very funny, but some of the stories are interesting.
Natalie
Super weird. But pretty funny.
Jordan Lannan
Jordan Lannan marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
JD
JD marked it as to-read
Nov 02, 2014
Glamzilla1976
Glamzilla1976 is currently reading it
Oct 04, 2014
Andre Pieczonka
Andre Pieczonka marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Ali Lassús
Ali Lassús marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2014
Lizzie
Lizzie marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
Joe Peterson
Joe Peterson marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2014
aaron dawang
aaron dawang marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
Karl Elliott
Karl Elliott marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
Roberto Salazar
Roberto Salazar marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Nicola Montague
Nicola Montague marked it as to-read
May 20, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Cameron Pierce lives in Portland, Oregon. He is the author of Ass Goblins of Auschwitz, The Pickled Apocalypse of Pancake Island, Lost in Cat Brain Land, Shark Hunting in Paradise Garden, and Captain Cthulhu (forthcoming).

His fiction and poetry has appeared or is forthcoming in The Nervous Breakdown, The Pedestal Magazine, Kill Author, Everyday Genius, paperwall, Bust Down the Door and Eat All the
More about Cameron Pierce...
Ass Goblins of Auschwitz The Pickled Apocalypse of Pancake Island The Bizarro Starter Kit (Purple) Die You Doughnut Bastards Abortion Arcade