Start by marking “Fun With Nature” as Want to Read:
Fun With Nature

Fun With Nature

by Mel Boring, Diane L. Burns and Leslie Dendy illustrations by Linda Garrow From the Take-Along Guide series. Includes: Trees, Leaves and Bark; Caterpillars, Bugs and Butterflies; Tracks, Scats and Signs; Rabbits, Squirrels and Chipmunks; Snakes, Salamanders and Lizards; and Frogs, Toads and Turtles.
Paperback
Published by Northword Press (first published December 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Fun With Nature, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fun With Nature

Margaret Chind
Jan 09, 2015 Margaret Chind marked it as hardcopy-review-to-read  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Margaret by: Memoria Press First Grade recommended Trees, Leaves & Bark

Purchased because it was nearly as cheap as getting the one on our book list for Memoria Press First Grade.

Includes: Caterpillars, Bugs and Butterflies; Frogs, Toads and Turtles; Snakes, Salamanders and Lizards; Rabbits, Squirrels and Chipmunks; Tracks, Scats and Signs; and Trees, Leaves and Bark.

Caterpillars, Bugs, and Butterflies by Mel Boring Frogs, Toads & Turtles Take Along Guide by Diane L. Burns Snakes, Salamanders & Lizards by Diane L. Burns Rabbits, Squirrels and Chipmunks Take-Along Guide by Mel Boring Tracks, Scats and Signs (Take Along Guides) by Leslie A. Dendy Trees, Leaves & Bark by Diane L. Burns
Taya
Oct 22, 2009 Taya rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: pbgs-4
Any young boy or girl who enjoys being outdoors and science will love this book! The best element that this book contained that really made it unique was that it contained interactive elements. This book had pages set aside at each section's end that were intended as a scrapbook portion for the reader to write or draw in and it also had craft and activity ideas interspersed among the pages. This is one of the great elements of nonfiction literature is that it can provide a fun way for children t ...more
R. C.
We have so many nature study guides and field guides and how-to books on exploring the outdoors, but we always go to this one again both for figuring out what things in our locale might be called and for references for drawings. I finally showed my littlest son how to use the book independently (he's only just become an independent reader) and he's had it outside with him all day, shouting questions and comments to me that are clearly inspired by this text.
Amy
Nov 25, 2016 Amy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: informational
This book was one of my favorites to flip through growing up. It was filled with science experiments, nature, as well as general information regarding different animals. This would be a great book to reference in the classroom, and it also has tons of great science experiment ideas that one could implement in the classroom. This would also be a great book for the children to look through to increase their interest in science-related activities.
Elisabeth
I've skimmed through this book that we got our oldest for his 4th birthday, but he hasn't really looked at it yet. It looks great. Lots of info about various species of wildlife, where to find them, and little activities you can do like catch and keep a caterpillar, make a toad house, look for animal tracks, etc.. Really hoping the little guy digs this book, because I love it!
Corinne
Aug 02, 2013 Corinne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens-ya
At first I was overwhelmed with huge amount of information, but I soon could envision a younger me pulling it off the bookshelf to browse through or use to identify a snake that came through our yard. A great reference for young naturalists!
Brooke
May 30, 2011 Brooke rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Worth it to just buy the hardbacks instead of the individual guides as this is an excellent resource for little nature enthusiasts and will be frequently thrown into backpacks.
Ann
Jun 27, 2008 Ann rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great reference book for kids! I have the hardcover...might be better spiral bound and more durable.
Bobbi Linamen
Bobbi Linamen rated it it was amazing
Jan 02, 2016
Gala Young
Gala Young rated it really liked it
Feb 04, 2015
Kimmy
Kimmy rated it really liked it
Nov 17, 2014
Piper
Piper rated it really liked it
Mar 10, 2014
Raya McMann
Raya McMann rated it really liked it
Jun 16, 2016
Kathi
Kathi rated it liked it
May 09, 2014
tina rose
tina rose rated it liked it
Jul 29, 2016
Alexis Syann
Alexis Syann rated it it was amazing
Mar 07, 2013
Becky
Becky rated it liked it
Sep 26, 2010
Kidsbookworm
Kidsbookworm rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2012
Heather
Heather rated it it was amazing
Feb 28, 2011
Claire
Claire rated it it was amazing
Sep 15, 2016
Ron Meyerson
Ron Meyerson rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2014
Courtney
Courtney rated it it was amazing
Jun 21, 2015
Lynn
Lynn rated it it was amazing
Jan 11, 2015
Christine Holland
Christine Holland rated it it was amazing
Oct 26, 2011
Natalie
Natalie rated it it was amazing
Feb 13, 2013
Katy
Katy rated it liked it
Jun 03, 2012
Taiyou
Taiyou rated it really liked it
Sep 15, 2016
Lynn Prosen
Lynn Prosen rated it really liked it
Feb 07, 2015
Linda
Linda rated it it was ok
Mar 23, 2012
RJ Robledo
RJ Robledo rated it it was amazing
Mar 08, 2014