Start by marking “Fun With Nature” as Want to Read:
Fun With Nature

Fun With Nature

4.4 of 5 stars 4.40  ·  rating details  ·  42 ratings  ·  6 reviews
by Mel Boring, Diane L. Burns and Leslie Dendy illustrations by Linda Garrow From the Take-Along Guide series. Includes: Trees, Leaves and Bark; Caterpillars, Bugs and Butterflies; Tracks, Scats and Signs; Rabbits, Squirrels and Chipmunks; Snakes, Salamanders and Lizards; and Frogs, Toads and Turtles.
Paperback
Published by Northword Press (first published December 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Fun With Nature, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fun With Nature

R. C.
We have so many nature study guides and field guides and how-to books on exploring the outdoors, but we always go to this one again both for figuring out what things in our locale might be called and for references for drawings. I finally showed my littlest son how to use the book independently (he's only just become an independent reader) and he's had it outside with him all day, shouting questions and comments to me that are clearly inspired by this text.
Taya
Any young boy or girl who enjoys being outdoors and science will love this book! The best element that this book contained that really made it unique was that it contained interactive elements. This book had pages set aside at each section's end that were intended as a scrapbook portion for the reader to write or draw in and it also had craft and activity ideas interspersed among the pages. This is one of the great elements of nonfiction literature is that it can provide a fun way for children t ...more
Elisabeth
I've skimmed through this book that we got our oldest for his 4th birthday, but he hasn't really looked at it yet. It looks great. Lots of info about various species of wildlife, where to find them, and little activities you can do like catch and keep a caterpillar, make a toad house, look for animal tracks, etc.. Really hoping the little guy digs this book, because I love it!
Corinne
At first I was overwhelmed with huge amount of information, but I soon could envision a younger me pulling it off the bookshelf to browse through or use to identify a snake that came through our yard. A great reference for young naturalists!
Brooke
Worth it to just buy the hardbacks instead of the individual guides as this is an excellent resource for little nature enthusiasts and will be frequently thrown into backpacks.
Ann
Great reference book for kids! I have the hardcover...might be better spiral bound and more durable.
Michelle
Michelle is currently reading it
Feb 23, 2015
Kelly
Kelly added it
Feb 16, 2015
Zoe
Zoe marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2015
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2015
Julia
Julia added it
Jan 02, 2015
Mary
Mary added it
Dec 11, 2014
Amie
Amie marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
Peyton
Peyton marked it as to-read
Dec 03, 2014
Jenn
Jenn added it
Oct 18, 2014
Jekka
Jekka added it
Oct 04, 2014
Brett
Brett marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Glorybeafarm
Glorybeafarm marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Ashley
Ashley added it
Sep 20, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Guinea Pig Scientists: Bold Self-Experimenters in Science and Medicine Birds, Nests & Eggs Caterpillars, Bugs, and Butterflies Rabbits, Squirrels and Chipmunks: Take-Along Guide Sealth