Start by marking “Reckless Night (Dangerous #3.5)” as Want to Read:
Reckless Night (Dangerous #3.5)
Preview

Reckless Night (Dangerous #3.5)

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  677 ratings  ·  36 reviews
What do you give your beautiful wife when you've got all the money in the world but can't spend it?

Victor "Drake" Drakovitch used to run a criminal empire, but he gave it all up for the woman he loves. Grace, an accomplished artist, abandoned the life she knew in order to be with the one man she could never live without.

Exiled to an island far from their former lives, the
Published November 29th 2011 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Reckless Night, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reckless Night

Auntee
Jan 20, 2012 Auntee rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of LMR who have read "Dangerous Passion".
Way too short. This was the sequel of sorts to arms dealer Drake and artist Grace's story (Dangerous Passion). The story picks up one year later (view spoiler) Drake wants Grace to be able to have ev ...more
Kathleen
This short story is part of the Dangerous series. Memorable characters are Drake and Grace, arms dealer and artist. At the end of their big story, they had begun living on an island, away from his many enemies. They are still in paradise, but paradise is shrinking, the walls closing in. (And after what goes down in this book, the island might occasionally feel like a prison. Too bad, really.)

Christmas is coming. Drake is desperate to plan a special surprise gift for Grace. His gift is a surprise
MelissaB
I am so glad to have an epilogue to Dangerous Passion but I wish it was longer! It was great to see Drake and Grace again too. The ending was a bit abrupt, I wanted more! I hope we get to see Drake with a baby sometime :)
Kathrynn
Jan 22, 2012 Kathrynn rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Fans of the series...
31 pages! Really? This was no more than a long epilogue and I was disappointed in both the length and quality of the story. For me, there was too much repetition of how bad a person Drake was in his past. I got it and didn't feel that needed to be-repeatedly--restated throughout this already too short update.

Enjoyed revisiting the characters and getting a glimpse of the update that had become their lives.
Rinou
It's so short it could have been just a scene or an epilogue from the previous book.
Scooper Speaks
Favorite Lines: "They had a fabulous sex life. Drake was an attentive, tender lover who took his time in pleasing her. But every once in a while something in him changed and she caught a glimpse of the truly dangerous man he really was. She hadn't tamed him, not one bit. He just chose to show her a tender side he said he'd only discovered with her." (p. 17, egalley)

Lisa Marie Rice, author of the Dangerous series, follows up book three in the series (Dangerous Passion) with a peek into its hero's
Maldivianbookreviewer
This is a score sheet review.

For the full review with the scores, please visit MBR's Realm of Romance

Score Sheet Summary:

For me, Drake is one of those heroes that I would never ever forget. Lisa Marie Rice has a way of spinning a tale that takes you on this beautiful journey which you never ever want to end. And the Dangerous is a series that is one of her best in my opinion. Dangerous Passion is the 3rd and final book published in the Dangerous series and now we have a beautiful little novell
Danielle
I am confused as to why this novella was necessary? It seems to be in between the novel and the epilogue since the h is not pregnant, but it really didn't add much to their story since it had such an abrupt ending with no real story or closure. I loved Drake and Grace, but I would not have purchased this if I had read spoilers. Very weird. Thought it would be an addiction to the epilogue or something.
Rachel
I never read the first book that these characters appeared. This book did not make me want to read their story. If anything, it just made me pity the heroine. I'm becoming a big fan of this author and this one disappointed me.
July
The short story is actually an ending to another of Lisa Marie Rice's other books. This couple Manuel Rabat and Victoria had lived another life in Dangerous Passion as Victor Drake and Grace Larsen. In this short story it picks up with Manuel and Victoria on a remote island living in peace away from Drake's past. It is now Christmas time and Manuel wants to give his wife a present, knowing she does not want jewels he is trying his best to think of something to give her.
Victoria want to make her
Judith
A short story/novella that continues the story of Drake and Grace begun in "Dangerous Passions" and which is really a beautiful, intense love story. Forget that he's one of the really bad guys, and remember that love often brings about redemption, even for those whose lives have started in the world's garbage cans and now end up on a private island, living "under the radar" in order to have that second chance to know a life free from fear and filled with love and passion. This is a story about t ...more
Cindylisse
Ese "Cosquilleo" como les ha salvado la vida... Que triste que su primera salida despues.de su exilio y les pase eso, por lo menos salieron ilesos....
Carolina
Drake continues great but the book finishes for real when you think it only finished the chapter. I didn't expect it would be so short.
Darcy
This was a fun one to read. It let us check in with the characters from Dangerous Passion. For the most part they are doing well, recovering from what their lives were and settling into hiding. Drake wants to give Grace the perfect present, comes up with a trip to do her favorite things. The trip starts out well, but then goes crazy during dinner. Proves you might take the gangster out of commission, but he still keeps his edge.
Farah
Mar 01, 2014 Farah rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: books
I loved Dangerous Passion but really hated this .. I always thought Grace and Drake were free when they changed identities but reading this really disappoints .. some things may have changed a little but the life they're leading sounds depressing and the last scene with the bomber was ridiculous and serves no purpose.
AngelinaT
I really enjoyed this story. It had suspense and was steamy. However, I realized after I read this that there is a full book as to how the story began. Therefore, I felt like I came into the story at the end. It still made sense but it was intriguing enough to make me want to go back and see how it all started out. It also feels like there should be more after this....I will definitely go back for more of this story.
Alexandra Isobel
Absolutely loved Grace and Drake. Really had hoped to hear more of the characters from the epilogue though. Maybe Drake pushing this steel plated baby carriage around!? And I thought Jim would have been interesting to hear about.

Anyway, it was nice to revisit the characters. Loved hearing how they were doing. Would love to hear more again?
Hilly
1.75 stars. Rounding down because it's not a stand alone novella, it's just bonus content for a previous book, padded with info-dumping and stage setting for the Holiday theme.

Oh, yeah: also, the characters were unlikeable and unbelievable. He was too awful (and irredeemable); she was too Perfect. In. Every. Way. (Ew.)
Mandi Schreiner
I liked BUT - it registers to only the 744 mark on the Kindle, so it is very short - AND - it ends at the 62% mark. So SUPER short. Kind of bugged me.
Gjbates
Short epilogue to the story of Drake and Grace from Dangerous Passions. Since I liked the characters I liked this story, but it was very short
Karla
This story seems to take place after the final chapter of Dangerous Passion and before the prologue. It was pretty good for a short story.
Kay Naughty Book Snitch
This is a very short novella that takes place after Dangerous Passion. It was okay to read. Kind of a checking in with Drake and Grace.
Lynsey A
Way, way, too short but a good story nonetheless. Drake and Grace's book was my favorite so it was nice to read more about them.
Lindsay
I love to catch up with couples after their HEA, but I really wish this could have been longer!
Marla
Great little short story to go along with Dangerous Passion.
Bev
A short little catch up with Drake and Grace.
MountainKat
Short, but sweet. Nice to revisit old "friends".
Diki79
To short. But great as everything from LMR.
Bubblegum
It was too short for my liking but i loved it.
Selma
Great read, but a little bit too short.
  • A Lesson in Temptation (Stanton Family, #4)
  • Cullen's Bride
  • Tactical Deception (Silent Warrior, #2)
  • Wild Encounter
  • Shattered
  • Breaking The Rules
  • The Best Man
  • Secret Admirer
  • Risk the Night
  • A Very Sinful Valentine
  • Beautiful Bad Man (Sutton Family, #1)
  • Don't Call Her Angel
  • Deceiving the Protector (Resurrection, #2)
  • Hide from Evil (Dead Wrong, #2)
  • Don't Look Back
  • The Sheriff's Daughter
  • Skin Heat (Skin, #3)
  • Undercover Lovers
Lisa Marie Rice is eternally 30 years old and will never age. She is tall and willowy and beautiful. Men drop at her feet like ripe pears. She has won every major book prize in the world. She is a black belt with advanced degrees in archaeology, nuclear physics, and Tibetan literature. She is a concert pianist. Did I mention her Nobel Prize? Of course, Lisa Marie Rice is a virtual woman and exists ...more
More about Lisa Marie Rice...

Dangerous (4 books)
  • Dangerous Lover (Dangerous, #1)
  • Dangerous Secrets (Dangerous, #2)
  • Dangerous Passion (Dangerous, #3)
  • Reckless Night, Hot Secrets (Dangerous, #1.5, #3.5)
Midnight Man (Midnight, #1) Into the Crossfire (Protectors, #1) Dangerous Lover (Dangerous, #1) Midnight Angel (Midnight, #3) Midnight Run (Midnight, #2)

“She would never tell him and was ashamed to admit it, even to herself, but she’d fallen in love with him the instant she’d seen him. She’d been taken at gunpoint to the alleyway outside a gallery showing her paintings and had seen a powerful man, not tall but immensely broad. He was facing three armed thugs and he hadn’t looked frightened at all.
He’d looked dangerous.
And she’d fallen.”
27 likes
“They had a fabulous sex life. Drake was an attentive, tender lover who took his time in pleasing her. But every once in a while something in him changed and she caught a glimpse of the truly dangerous man he really was. She hadn’t tamed him, not one bit. He just chose to show her a tender side he said he’d only discovered with her.
But sometimes the tiger in him growled and clawed its way to the surface. And then the sex was incandescent.”
4 likes