London Eye (Petit Morts, #12)

London Eye (Petit Morts #12)

3.76 of 5 stars 3.76  ·  rating details  ·  95 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Oliver's been dumped by his date in the backstreets of London, where his Armani suit and a rich family background don't count for much.

Des is waiting tables to make ends meet, reconciled to the fact that all he attracts are lame ducks and lost causes.

Two different men, two very different worlds.

Then Des’s cheerful generosity meets Oliver’s lovelorn confusion over a cup of...more
Published October 25th 2011 by JCP Books (first published October 22nd 2011)

Cole Riann
Oliver and Des are definitely one of my favorite couples in the PM series. This is such a sweet story, heavier on the contemporary romance and less on Chance and the world-building. Great addition by Clare London to the series.
Chris
Very good short paranormal m/m romance about a banker whose boyfriend dumps him in a London backstreets restaurant. Drunk, disoriented, and stranded, he awkwardly accepts his kindhearted waiter's assistance.
ttg
Jul 21, 2012 ttg rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m, reviews
#12 in the Petit Morts novella series and the first by contributor Clare London. The story takes place mostly over one long night, a night that starts out very terrible for Oliver, who loses his boyfriend and his job over dinner and then gets very very drunk. Fortunately for him, he's rescued by Des, a waiter at the restaurant, who's is often accused of being too kind, but he can't help himself from offering a hand to the cute guy about to vomit in the alley. Add in to the mix a local café with...more
Josephine Myles
I was so excited to hear that Clare would be joining the Petit Morts team of Jordan Castillo Price, Josh Lanyon and Sean Kennedy - what a fabulous group of talented writers! I was also thrilled to discover she was setting her story in London, the city she knows so intimately.

London Eye does namecheck the giant ferris wheel that dominates the skyline, but the story itself is firmly grounded in the lives of working Londoners. Des and Oliver might come from different class backgrounds, but as soon...more
Emanuela ~plastic duck~
Emmie
I liked the two characters, Oliver & Des. They were great together. I wish there had been a little more than a few hours though b/w Oliver sleeping and getting broken up w/ Ruper and then sleeping w/ and dating Des. That felt a little speedster.
Plainbrownwrapper
Lovely characters, but the story was too nonsensical for my tastes.
K
Short and sweet :D
Mel
I guess I'm the odd one out, but I didn't like this story. At all.
Claire London probably isn't a bad writer, but in a series with stories from Jordan Castillo Price and Josh Lanyon, her story falls completely flat.
Overdrawn characters, stilted conversations, obvious plot devices, nope: I wasn't loving it.
And the characterization of Chance was off, which really annoyed me. He went from mysterious and subtly directing an outcome to obnoxious and obvious in his intentions. And turned into a tota...more
L-D
Oliver is dumped in a restaurant where Des is working as a waiter. Down on his luck and left in front of the restaurant without any cash, Oliver is a sorry sight. Des, a man with a kind and generous heart, decides to help this woebegone stranger. When Oliver's credit card is mysteriously wiped clean, privileged Oliver, used to having money at his fingertips, has to rely on Des' kindness.

I thought this was a good story in this series and I connected with Oliver's plight and enjoyed the interactio...more
Lady*M
Such a lovely, optimistic, sweet story. I liked both Oliver and Des and I was delighted how Clare London dealt with their respective situations. Plus, it was a pleasure to see friendlier, more human Chance through his relationship with Billy, his employee. Maybe Ruppert didn't get his deserved comeuppance, but at least Oliver gave him a peace of his mind. Great addition to the series!
Sandra
I really enjoyed this one. It was sweet and just the right length. Things were going well between Des and Oliver, and at first I thought the whole credit card thing was unnecessary and a little weird, but it added that magical element that these books tend to have. It also made it more than just a simple love story and gave it a moral about money and how it affects us all.
Suzanne
This one was just odd all around. Rupert and Oliver's resulting incompetence and the amnesia and the appearance of Des' name on the premium card and... wasn't my "cup of tea." Doesn't detract from the overall series, though.
Bdbaficionada
I liked this one better then the last. We got to see more of the main characters but not much of Chance this go around. Overall I like the series.
Meggie
I liked this story. Here we have a solid storyline, felt emotions, humor and HEA with mysterious touch. Nice shorty indeed!!
Charming
Cute little story. Extra star for being set in London.
Anastasia
Really cute story, perfect for summer holidays!
Nancy Jones
Nancy Jones marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2014
Morgan
Morgan marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2013
Rosa, really
Rosa, really marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Don't Read in the Closet: GayRomLit Retreat 2011 Special Edition True Colors (True Colors, #1) 72 Hours How the Other Half Lives Sparks Fly