Start by marking “100 Bullets: Decayed” as Want to Read:
100 Bullets: Decayed

100 Bullets: Decayed (100 Bullets #10)

4.09  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,911 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews
As the only exception to the Japan Ballet Association's scholarship program, underdog dancer Hijiri Masumi trains hard every day with other students who have all won the right to train under the best dance instructors. Because Masumi's technique leaves much to be desired, master instructor and genius dancer Alexei Sergeiev demands that she return to the basics to improve h ...more
Paperback
Published January 26th 2007 by Titan Books Ltd (first published December 6th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about 100 Bullets, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 100 Bullets

Jon
Mar 21, 2015 Jon rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
This more a review for the entire series.

While the writer begins to tell an intriguing tale of deception, morality, and vengeance, it falls short of expectations. Early in the series Brian Azzarello loses control of the details, motivations, and ultimately the thrust behind the narrative. The reader is expected to follow along the trail of poorly conceived plot twists as characters, who have been steadfastly loyal in the past, seemingly switch sides or join forces with little reason beyond they
Christopher
A lot of things happen without explanation in this volume. A lot of seemingly disjointed actions that one assumes come together in a later issue. But as that issue is not present in this volume, Vol 10 is pretty weak. 2.5
Erik
Jan 08, 2009 Erik rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It is with this volume, which collects issues 68-through-75, that I finally got myself a bit lost. (Shocking, but true.) Granted, the fact that Agent Graves is playing all of these characters off one another in his grand scheme to undermine the Trust and -- more specifically -- the House of Medici, is clearly still the underlying motive driving the basic plot of this series. But the double-crossing just gets plain more maddening with each new character that is added into the mix. (There really s ...more
Jeff
Nov 11, 2011 Jeff rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The tenth collected volume of 100 Bullets is somewhat ho-hum, given a focus on the less interesting players among the major ongoing characters in the series. We get more of Lono and his endless supply of cartoon violence, this time paired up with Jack, who is apparently the most beautiful boy junkie in the world, having maintained an excellent physique all throughout a long period of drug addiction. And then there is a storyline involving a couple of minor New York gangster types who manage to c ...more
Neil
Dec 24, 2010 Neil rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3/4 through, and motivations *still* unclear. the standard seems to be re-reading the entire series again immediately after finishing.
not sure it's worth it. it feels like this was a writing experiment, kinda like the "reimagined" battlestar galactica --and we all
know how much that sucked. 100 issues is a long-ass time to conceal what's been teasing from the start, or for a reader
to even remember all the little flashbacks to finally connect them. put out already!
David Schaafsma
3/4 of the way through this volume focuses on what would seem to be more peripheral characters, and not much obvious happens though there is a touch of gruesome violence along the way. All the plots seems to proceed in parallel, turning in themselves. Garves and Lono as warlords, pulling the strings in the power grab. Overall, this is a pretty amazing and memorable series.
M
Aug 01, 2011 M rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Graves and the Trust begin putting the final wheels in motion. As Graves assembles his Minutemen, the Trust begins to close ranks and prepare for the worst. Not Azzarello's best volume, but the payoff for the long-running story is just around the corner.
Chris
Apr 18, 2013 Chris rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was the most confused mess I've seen yet seen in the series - the artistic rendering of Graves is such that I thought perhaps what we were seeing was something that had happened in the past, yet juxtaposed with something happening in the present. Very confusing. Doesn't help that you have no clue who it is exactly that you're reading about. Very poorly presented. Also troublesome was the amount of time wasted on characters who seem to have no relevance to the story. Wasted space and wasted ...more
Deepti
Aug 17, 2015 Deepti rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed Volume 10 of 100 Bullets.

The plot thickens, shocking backstories are revealed, Lono is not as loco as I imagined, new minutemen surface ,the tale takes unexpected twists and you realize that you need to re-read the earlier volumes to make sense of what's happening !!

I love this series! It's mind-blowing and simply superb!
Robert Morganbesser
I can't say much about this series simply because it's so damn good I don't want to ruin it. It has a great cast and engrossing story, along with tremendous storylines. I don't usually go in for crime comics, but this isn't just any comic.
Cameron
May 19, 2012 Cameron rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There are 2 multi-part story archs and an (apparently...) 1 shot at the end. My Only "complaint" is a bit of violence that was on the queasy side again (but not to the extent of volume 9) in the otherwise excellent story of the final minuteman activation. Once again the story rips along in very sure directions with the art work able to tell entire side stories without a speach bubble.

The 2 arch stories cover the activation of last Atlantic City minutemen and the consildation of the trust - I am
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Yeah this series is weird. This volume is weird. The art style I kind of like at times. And other times it’s just okay.
Lauren
Oct 14, 2014 Lauren rated it did not like it
I didnt enjoy this at all. I only gave it on star because of the art work. I didnt finish this, i got to page 90 and zoned out.
Zoli
Sep 17, 2014 Zoli rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Three more to go to see towards what this is all headed.
Devowasright
Dec 29, 2009 Devowasright rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
i have to say this series often probably warrants a five star review, but between the gaps of weeks or months between when i acquire and read each volume, i really lose track of characters. there are numerous characters, numerous plots, subplots, twists, and betrayals, and more than a few shadowed conversations in which i can't tell who is who. that said, i enjoy the hell out of it, and hope at some point i can read it in a more continuous fashion. and probably take notes. this is prime "active" ...more
Dufour
Feb 01, 2008 Dufour rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels, crime
You don't think 100 Bullets can get better and better as it goes on, but it DOES. This volume features a lot of flashbacks, fleshing out some backstory for Graves' early days. And for anyone who's been missing any of the characters struck down by Azzarello's vengeful quill, there are some very good scenes taking place with the full complement of the pre-Atlantic City Minutemen. We also get to meet the Rome brothers, filling out Azzarello's cast in full as the series marches to its final quarter.
Andy
Sep 24, 2008 Andy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Spike TV watchers
Shelves: comix-novel
This one was just okay, more testosteronic than usual. There's a Fight Club rip at the beginning with manly men fisticuffing each other until they're bloodied and passed out in the back of a limo.
The next story's about Remi and his brother Ronnie banging each others' girlfriend behind each others' back and trying to screw each other over, as well. You can tell the series is getting tired because there's too much rebop about the Minutemen. Croatoa!
Annette Jordan
Koen Claeys
Feb 24, 2013 Koen Claeys rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of the many main characters, Loop, asks : 'What's happening ?'. And his companion replies he doesn't know. At this point the reader has little clues at to what is actually going down but the beauty of this book is that at the end it all comes to a perfect conclusion, leaving you yearning for the next chapter... One thing's for certain : it must have been a bitch trying to follow this in monthly installments.
Joseph
Jul 12, 2009 Joseph rated it it was amazing
All the Minutemen are finally active; we're starting to get some insight into the history of Graves and the Trust. How strange that after nine volumes, it seems like we've only now set all the pieces out on the board. That might be the greatest achievement of this series. Azzarello tap-dances so gracefully along the line between stalling for time and giving out too much information.
Dan
Jul 22, 2007 Dan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
"100 Bullets" remains consistently amazing--a crime saga as riveting and complex as any HBO series you might care to mention. And this tenth volume is no exception. Azzarello juggles his characters, back stories, and plotlines with remarkable skill. And this installment doesn't even contain several of our main characters.
Carl Nelson
3.5 stars. This series is vastly entertaining, with complex plot lines and strong, memorable characters. I feel like it's all but abandoned the original 100 bullets in a briefcase revenge theme in favor of the Minutemen intrigue story, and it hasn't adequately connected the two. Totally worth the read, though!
Matt
Jul 15, 2013 Matt rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's still an amazing book. And I kinda think I know a little of what's going on, but not really.
I'm very tempted to knock off a star for an unexplained phenomenon.
I can't wait to get to the end, and then I'm going to have to read it again someday.
Mark Desrosiers
Mar 23, 2008 Mark Desrosiers rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
Nice cliffhanger at the end, but this installment concentrated too much on dull undifferentiated characters, and (sadly) didn't include any "irrelevant" metaphorical subplots. Though the crunchy-punk "faux-bos" at the end are quite a tantalizing pair.
Desiree
Dec 12, 2011 Desiree rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
Not gonna lie, I was a little lost at the beginning. It was hard for me to remember what exactly what was happening. That's what I get for waiting months between volumes. I won't make that mistake again.
pierlapo  quimby
Nov 06, 2012 pierlapo quimby rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fumetti
L'ultimo Minuteman viene riattivato e meno si parla del Santo, meglio è.
A parte questo, finalmente un volume che ti dà la presunzione di poter affermare che tutto è chiaro, o quasi.
Frank Taranto
Aug 17, 2009 Frank Taranto rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novel
The artwork is intense and the characters are fascinating. I will someday have to read this whole story straight through.

Michael
Oct 28, 2008 Michael rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm very amazed Azzarello can keep this series going like he does, but good storytellers can keep a reader interested, yes?
Shannon Appelcline
Mar 26, 2013 Shannon Appelcline rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, comics-indy
A solid continuation of the story, as we meet the last Minutemen and everyone prepares for the final battles.
Aaron
Feb 29, 2008 Aaron rated it really liked it
Good addition to the story. In some ways it reminds me of Lone Wolf and Cub. Repetitive themes done well.
  • DMZ, Vol. 7: War Powers
  • Scalped, Vol. 4: The Gravel in Your Guts
  • Criminal, Vol. 2: Lawless
Brian Azzarello (born in Cleveland, Ohio) is an American comic book writer. He came to prominence with 100 Bullets, published by DC Comics' mature-audience imprint Vertigo. He and Argentine artist Eduardo Risso, with whom Azzarello first worked on Jonny Double, won the 2001 Eisner Award for Best Serialized Story for 100 Bullets #15–18: "Hang Up on the Hang Low".

Azzarello has written for Batman ("B
More about Brian Azzarello...

100 Bullets (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • 100 Bullets, Vol. 1: First Shot, Last Call
  • 100 Bullets, Vol. 7: Samurai
  • 100 Bullets, Vol. 8: The Hard Way
  • 100 Bullets, Vol. 9: Strychnine Lives
  • 100 Bullets, Vol. 11: Once Upon a Crime

“I once saw a dead man. Actually, i've seen many dead men. Too many for most. But this one, i've carried with me. Was a car wreck... The driver, he was the dead man. Had a bullet hole in his temple. Shot from the inside of car or out, didn't matter. His hat, though, was one of those mesh hats, with the puffy front. Like a trucker wears. Anyway, written on the hat was: "Shit happens." The epitaph of humanity's gravestone. Shit happens. A neat little bow over a pine box of waste. What a metaphor for life.” 1 likes