Start by marking “Happily Neverafter (Petit Morts, #11)” as Want to Read:
Happily Neverafter (Petit Morts, #11)

Happily Neverafter (Petit Morts #11)

3.76  ·  Rating Details  ·  131 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
Greece is full of history, so it figures that Chance’s on-again, off-again lover would find him there. Sweets to the Sweet appears in Athens during a string of riots, and the beguiling creature who now goes by the name Hunter has insinuated himself among the staff of a nearby hospital.

Milo Alexakis is a member of the Hellenic Police—and with all the protests and the riotin
Published October 22nd 2011 by JCP Books

To ask other readers questions about Happily Neverafter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Happily Neverafter

Sandra
I'm a little confused by this, it almost seems like a totally different series (which maybe is the point, since the last novella definitely turned the tables.) But the main thing I loved about this series was how sweet and whimsical it was.

Chance also seemed sweet and whimsical, despite his many wry comments and occasional attitude. But in this one he seemed bitter and we basically learn that he doesn't even like this job. Although we always want answers, answers, answers, I liked the mystery a
L-D
This was so far my least favorite story of the series. While I like the main character, Chance, the mysterious owner of Sweets to the Sweet and cupid extraordinaire I feel that this story served more as a set up for future stories and wasn't as good as a standalone. In previous stories, Chance works to bring lovers together and the primary focus is on the plot of the two wayward love interests. In this story, it does begin with a focus on Greek policeman Milo Alexakis, but I felt that his love s ...more
Emmie
Nov 17, 2011 Emmie rated it liked it
The problem was you were more interested in Chance and Hunter than in Dave & Greek Cop (GC) guy. Also- frankly there wasn't much of a connection b/w them. Dave's character was pretty non descript and could have been replaced w/ any body. I didn't really understand or care about their relationship. And at this point you realize all the other books were just a build up or prelude to the real story of Hunter & Chance.
Chris
Oct 20, 2011 Chris rated it really liked it
Very good short paranormal m/m romance about a Greek cop and an American tourist who collide. We also find out a bit more about Chance, although he's really no less mysterious for that!
Mel
Oct 26, 2011 Mel rated it really liked it
Wow, this was different (3,75 stars). One word of advice: don't read this immediately after Wishink Well. First: because you'll want to see Eddie around and second: because that story was just so good that everything after falls flat.
Not that Happily Neverafter wasn't good. Hey: it's JCP, of course it's good! It just that... it felt so different!

There was a lot going on. Price worked with shifts in time and dimension, and had several plot lines and POVs to show us. The different story lines wer
ttg
Jul 05, 2012 ttg rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, reviews
#11 in the Petit Morts short novella series. For those looking for more about Chance, here's the start of that. There is some dollops of info dropped, although as usual, it's still all very enigmatic. Along with that, you get a second related story of a closeted Greek police officer and an American tourist who finds himself on the wrong end of a riot. All the PM stories have been good reads, this one included, but it left me a little cold. I think the story of "The One" couldn't totally melt the ...more
Cole Riann
Nov 04, 2011 Cole Riann rated it really liked it
The more questions about Chance are answered, the more confused I get. I think I know what's going on, but I'll be interested to really find out...

I liked this story for the work I had to do to pull the various threads together in the larger scheme, but I did miss out on the traditional blossoming romance, as I really liked Milo and Dave.

These keep changing so much from one story to the next. I really have no idea where the story is going to go next.
DL
Oct 25, 2011 DL rated it did not like it
This is the very first thing that J C Price has written that I haven't loved. Chance didn't seem "right." His personality was so different from the other books that I was sure one of the new authors must have written it. The characters were confusing. The plot was confusing. After the absolute wonder that book #10 was, this just didn't hold up.
Linda ~ chock full of hoot, just a little bit of nanny ~

The focus wasn't so much on the couple here, though we do get to see how they meet and have some flash forwards to how their relationship develops. Basing a story around the riots in Greece was interesting. If there's one thing I do like about JCP's stories in this series, it's that she's unconventional. You never know what you're going to get. Which is not always good, as some of my previous complaints have shown, but I can appreciate that she doesn't toe the line.

We also finally star
David
Nov 03, 2011 David rated it it was amazing
All good things come to an end ...

Approaching the final 7 PETIT MORTS is a bittersweet experience for me. I've loved every entry in this magical series, created and nurtured by one of my favorite authors, Jordan Castillo Price, with contributions by such notable voices as Josh Lanyon, Sean Kennedy, and now Clare London. Like fine chocolates, I simply can't get enough of these charming, whimsical stories. The concept is brilliant: 17 stand-alone tales of m/m love and romance, written by multiple
Lady*M
Apr 15, 2012 Lady*M rated it really liked it
While reading the previous ten stories, I used to think that Chance was rather sinister for a divine match maker - and I was right. He isn't just kind of out of place in that role, but completely out of place. It will be interesting to see where Jordan takes him (and Hunter) from here.

Off the top of my head, I can remember at least half a dozen stories in this genre, written by American writers, which got Europe, but specifically Balkans completely wrong. It's quite refreshing to find one author
Ruby
Rating A+

This review first appeared on Brief Encounters Reviews

Jordan Castillo Price has crafted a real gem of a story to finish off the Petit Morts series, and while I’m sad there won’t be any more in the future, I can’t think of a more fitting ending for this last batch of stories. Immortal Coil weaves together two very different romances – the human and the immortal – in a way that is profoundly satisfying, entertaining and moving.

The story begins with Chicago teacher Richard Hill marking stu
Josephine Myles
An intriguing start to the new series as Jordan offers up a complex tale set against the recent riots in Athens. There are many threads to this story, and it isn't quite as satisfying as a romance in its own right as some of the earlier titles have been, as this aspect isn't given as much page space as before. However, this was more than made up for by the intriguing insights we get into Chance's past. I'm really excited to learn more about the mysterious Hunter and Cora!

A must for anyone who ha
liz
Jan 09, 2015 liz rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
More of Chance's story. The other characters and their romance were more of the side dish part of this to me.
Emanuela ~plastic duck~
Jun 20, 2012 Emanuela ~plastic duck~ rated it really liked it
Parts of the beginning of this story read as a newspaper article. It's awesome when authors take a risk with a different setting and Greece in times of trouble and riot is an interesting choice.

We finally get to know more about Chance and some of his "colleagues". In the previous installment we had a glimpse of Chance's nature? purpose? We are not told everything, but we begin to unravel a bit of his mistery.

The romantic story was not easy to follow, because the author plays with the timeline, b
Peppermaud
Sep 09, 2014 Peppermaud rated it it was amazing
I missed Eddie!
Charming
Feb 19, 2013 Charming rated it liked it
In this last set of Petit Morts, I find I enjoy the stories with Chance and Hunter the least. These two aren't likable to me, and they act like emo teenagers rather than beings who have experienced and witnessed as much as they have.

I liked the main romance here, but it was given short shrift in order to apply this Hunter/Chance arc to tie all the stories together. I liked them better when the only thing tying them together were Chance and his chocolates.
Bdbaficionada
Nov 20, 2011 Bdbaficionada rated it really liked it
Ok so four stars for a JCP book is only because I had a hard time following in the beginning and getting into it. But nice I did I loved it. I really like how we see a better insight into Chance and his counter parts whatever you call them. I am still trying to define what Chance and the other are. . . I can't call them Angles but what else would they be??? Anyway onto the next one.
Matthew Vandrew
Nov 01, 2011 Matthew Vandrew rated it really liked it
Whoa, this one gave me chills. There were hints of Chance's not-so-likeable characteristics throughout the series so it didn't come as a surprise he's associated with creepy beings like Hunter and Cora. On the other hand, mentions about their past were too confusing as we didn't get a full picture.
Victoria
3.5 - I really liked this story, but... It took me a while to understand what was going on, and by the time I did, the story was over.
Kiki
Oct 20, 2011 Kiki rated it did not like it
I wanted to like this one, but it just didn't work for me ... too much going on and too little of it explored or developed, just elusive hints
Meggie
Feb 22, 2013 Meggie rated it it was ok
Shelves: shorts, paranormal
Okay, this shorty was weird, but we did get some informations about Chance and his work, so it was okay.
Queen
Aug 05, 2012 Queen rated it liked it
Well..that was different from what I expected. Good to see more of Chance.
K
Oct 22, 2011 K rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2011
I am very intrigued by this Hunter dude!
Scarletine
Scarletine marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2016
Jamie's Sassenach
Jamie's Sassenach marked it as to-read
May 31, 2016
Derynmorin1970
Derynmorin1970 marked it as to-read
May 02, 2016
Katrina Passick Lumsden
Katrina Passick Lumsden rated it really liked it
Jan 26, 2016
Lori
Lori marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Media Naranja (Petit Morts, #16)
  • One Less Stiff at the Funeral (Petit Morts, #8)
  • Just Desserts (Petit Morts, #14)
  • Ghosts and Flames
  • More Than Chemistry
  • Irregulars
  • Tomfoolery
  • The Wages of Sin
  • A Blast from the Past (Lars and Rael, #2)
  • Date Night (Zero at the Bone, #1.1)
  • The Archer's Heart Book Two
  • The Yearning
  • Personal Shopper
  • Transcending Limits (Exploring Limits, #5)
Author and artist Jordan Castillo Price is the owner of JCP Books LLC. Her paranormal thrillers are colored by her time in the midwest, from inner city Chicago, to small town Wisconsin, to liberal Madison.

Jordan is best known as the author of the PsyCop series, an unfolding tale of paranormal mystery and suspense starring Victor Bayne, a gay medium who's plagued by ghostly visitations. Also check
More about Jordan Castillo Price...

Petit Morts (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Hue, Tint and Shade (Petit Morts, #1)
  • Slings and Arrows (Petit Morts, #2)
  • Moolah and Moonshine (Petit Morts, #3)
  • Other People's Weddings (Petit Morts, #4)
  • Spanish Fly Guy (Petit Morts, #5)
  • Pretty Ugly (Petit Morts, #6)
  • Sort of Stranger Than Fiction (Petit Morts, #7)
  • One Less Stiff at the Funeral (Petit Morts, #8)
  • Critic's Choice (Petit Morts, #9)
  • Wishink Well (Petit Morts, #10)