Start by marking “Flip That Haunted House (Haunted Renovation Mystery, #1)” as Want to Read:
Flip That Haunted House (Haunted Renovation Mystery, #1)

Flip That Haunted House (Haunted Renovation Mystery #1)

3.78  ·  Rating Details  ·  590 Ratings  ·  52 Reviews
Alabama Hargrove has a new, sure-fire, money-making scheme up her sleeve: house flipper. So what if she knows zilch about renovating homes--how hard can it be?

Tougher than she thought when she discovers ghosts inhabiting the run-down
mansion and the corpse of the previous owner. Oh yeah, and now the local sheriff thinks Alabama is the killer.

Holy house rehab, what's next? R
Nook
Published October 11th 2011 by Magical Press (first published October 10th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Flip That Haunted House, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flip That Haunted House

Kristin
May 14, 2015 Kristin rated it liked it
I want to like it, but I find I have trouble connecting with most of this authors characters. In this one, the girl is doing stupid things that the rest of her inner thoughts make me believe she is too smart to actually do.

She dislikes the love interest too much for his minor infractions, but when she finally succumbs it is too fast. There are also multiple editing problems that are so elementary and frequent that I feel I paid too much, even though typos usually rarely bother me.

There is also
Bekki
Dec 28, 2011 Bekki rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book was absolutely terrible. I could barely finish it. I thought the characters were stupid and uninteresting. The editing was deplorable. This book was rife with grammatical errors.
Samantha
Oct 07, 2015 Samantha rated it it was amazing
Michelle ♣ Ndayeni
This book starts off with an interesting premise, namely, a gal buying an old haunted house that she intends to flip as one of her latest money-making schemes. Add in a hunky next-door neighbor that practically has her fanning herself in true Southern Belle fashion after just one look, and those two things alone could have made for a cute and interesting story. A short ways into it, however, Alabama becomes an almost-witness to a murder, and the whole thing becomes more of a murder mystery from ...more
Elizabeth
Mar 09, 2013 Elizabeth rated it it was ok
I purchased this book on the kindle, I did not get this for free. I didn't really enjoy this book too much, there were only a few parts that were cute. Also nothing was really funny, and a lot of it was boring.

This could probably have been a really good paranormal mystery with a good editor. Instead it was I'm assuming self published, and really lacks in several areas. The writing is pretty immature, and lacks the guidance of a qualified editor. There were many time I had to flip back to the pre
Tess
Feb 20, 2013 Tess rated it really liked it
Alabama Hargrove cannot seem to successfully finish any venture she begins – now she has decided to try her hand at restoring an old house for a quick resale, she’s seen a few episodes on home repair – How hard could it be, right?

She buys the house and when she goes to pick up the keys, finds the previous owner, murdered! It gets worse, the sheriff doesn’t like her, either and is looking at her as a suspect!
‘Bama gets taken for a chunk of money when she tries to hire a shady carpenter but lucki
Anita Clay
Jul 10, 2012 Anita Clay rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Alabama Hargrove has switched careers so many times; everyone automatically thinks her new adventure into flipping houses for profit is bound to fail. Alabama is determined to prove everyone wrong. What she doesn’t count on is the hot guy next door, Reed O’Hara, a ghost who inhabits the house and a sheriff who just doesn’t like her. Her best friend, Lacey, gets pulled into her new adventure. When Alabama gets accused of murdering the man she just bought the house from, she digs in to prove to ev ...more
Swtlvrndrms
Mar 21, 2016 Swtlvrndrms rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Couldn't put it down!

Absolutely loved this book! Great start to the series! The characters ate well developed. You will be rooting for Bama every step of the way! On to the next one....definitely a recommended read!
Adrienne Testa
Jan 28, 2013 Adrienne Testa rated it it was ok
I am not sure the age group of the reviewers of this book, but it must be a group of young adults and/or pre teens. The author chose to make this story a whirlwind of drama more suited for pre teens to read than adults. Alabama buys an old historic house, one that is haunted. Her idea is to flip the house, when she goes to get the key from the former owner she finds him dead in his office. Off we go on a course of Alabama drooling over the handy man, gossip in the small town, ghost investigators ...more
Teresa
Oct 30, 2014 Teresa rated it really liked it
The story really should not be called Flip that haunted House its more a murder mystery instead. It wasn't a bad story just wasn't what the name led you to think it was going to be about. I was hoping for more of a ghost story myself.
Missy
Jun 14, 2013 Missy rated it it was amazing
This was the first book of this particular author that I have read. I liked the book so much I bought the second book in the series and finished it as well.

What I loved: The lead female was a hoot and so was her crazy mother. It was so easy to envision both of them with the well thought out character descriptions.
I loved the flow/pacing of the plot.
The secondary characters and ghosts were humorous and well thought out.
I was not left second-guessing or wondering anything once I read the whole b
shari phipps
Fun

This book was a little slow at times and tended to meander a bit. I have read other Rose Pressey books and this was not my favorite... still needs some editing.
Amoreena Petersen
Jul 02, 2015 Amoreena Petersen rated it liked it
This was a simple easy read which was exactly what I was looking for. Some parts were super lame but the plot wasnt that bad. The writing was kind of bad. The editor should probably get fired but maybe it would be better in book format vs e-book
Bonnie Drummond
Oct 24, 2015 Bonnie Drummond rated it it was amazing
A Paranormal Mystery that will keek you on the edge of you're seat. Well writing by an Author who has a flair for writing Paranormal Series.
Roberta
May 31, 2013 Roberta rated it it was amazing
This book is a true summer read. Easy, light, entertaining, romance and ghosts. What more could a girl ask for.

Alabama Hargrove (yes Alabama is her name) is going to renovate a house, a house that just happens to have a couple of ghosts, a cute guy next door who is a know-it-all contractor - Oh - and she is the prime suspect in the murder of the previous owner.

Alabama doesn't know anything about renovation, or ghost hunting and certainly doesn't want to end up as one but as the prime suspect in
Pamela
Feb 05, 2016 Pamela rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Light reading mystery. Good story-line. Interesting ending.
Tina McCright
Mar 08, 2015 Tina McCright rated it it was amazing
Fun cozy mystery story. I'm looking forward to reading more.
Angela
Jul 07, 2014 Angela rated it did not like it
Shelves: cozy-mystery
I just could not finish this horrible book. Thank goodness I got it on my Kindle for free.
Glenda
Jul 19, 2014 Glenda rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
awful, couldn’t finish it.
Sassy Beta Reading & Review
I really wanted to like this book but I had a really hard time getting into it. I had to set it down for a while and read another book and come back to it, but still had a hard time with it. I want to read the next in the series but I am too scared to spend the 4 dollars on it afraid that I will be disappointed with it as well. I love this author but I am thankful I only paid 99 cents for this book. Keeping finger crossed the the next book will be better. Sorry Rose! I still love most of your wo ...more
Kimmarie
Oct 14, 2015 Kimmarie rated it it was ok
DNF - no depth and feels choppy
Susan F
Feb 04, 2014 Susan F rated it really liked it
Another fun read from Rose Pressey.
Jessica Cowgill
Aug 22, 2013 Jessica Cowgill rated it it was amazing
ever read a book that was so wonderfully written that u could see it play in ur head like a movie while u read? or that made u feel the same emotions as the characters? this did both of those for me..I found myself unable to pull away from this book until I saw who did it..u think u know then she throws a few twists in there that make u second guess.. it was a wonderful book like her others I have had the privilege of reading. I will most definitely be reading more of her books!
Jen
May 08, 2012 Jen rated it really liked it
This was a fun novel. The characters were charming, if a little under developed. The story was an easy, fast paced read. It was obviously not professionally edited and is rough in some places but not so bad as to make it unreadable. The story jumped around and was a little hard to follow at times but still entertaining. Had it been professionally edited and the romance a little more developed it would have gotten 5stars.
Kathryn Moore
Jan 04, 2014 Kathryn Moore rated it it was ok
Had so much promise but was disappointing.
She buys a house hoping to "flip" it with her limited knowledge that she got from watching HGTV.
Then she finds the house is "supposedly" haunted.
Notices the "hot" carpenter next door, but doesn't want to hire him. Same old story there.
Colleen Criswell
Dec 06, 2011 Colleen Criswell rated it really liked it
This was a really cute story, however I felt parts of it were a bit rushed through and that it felt like the author was just ready to wrap it up come the end. I loved the characters, but felt there were a few too many that were focused on that may not have needed it.

All in all I really enjoyed this book and look forward to more of Pressey's works. A fun read.
Readingmom
Jan 25, 2013 Readingmom rated it did not like it
I do not recommend this book. It was too long & meandering. It was not funny, not witty, and did not have characters whom you care about. The protagonist was annoying. There weren't enough ghosts. There weren't even any sex scenes to spice this book up.

Unless you're trying to bore yourself to sleep - avoid this novel.
Kriss
Dec 16, 2011 Kriss rated it really liked it
I have enjoyed all of Rose's books and although I adore Alabama and her quirky mother, this was the least polished of her novels. It needs some work. There are even a few mistakes and passive voice is running amuck. but the story is fun. Perhaps is there is another Alabama tale it will have a bit more depth.
Keith Hughes
Feb 10, 2013 Keith Hughes added it
Shelves: kindle
This was a fun little murder mystery with some light paranormal content and a little romance (and no, this last two items aren't connected). My only beef is that the final clue that solves the mystery is so cliche they even got tired of using it on Murder She Wrote. Despite that I enjoyed it as a light read.
Sue Ross
Feb 28, 2013 Sue Ross rated it it was amazing
This is the first book by Rose Pressey I've read but I know it won't be the last. I love the characters and how they interact with eachother. You can tell family is important to them. I hope there is a romance in the making. It had me guessing until the end and then I still wasn't sure who the killer was.
  • A Charming Potion (Magical Cures Mystery, #2.5)
  • Dead Bolt (Haunted Home Renovation Mystery, #2)
  • Hell Hounds Are For Suckers (Vampires of San Francisco, #2)
  • A Tale of 3 Witches
  • A Fitting End (A Magical Dressmaking Mystery #2)
  • Lemon Pies and Little White Lies (A Charmed Pie Shoppe Mystery #4)
  • The Goodbye Witch (A Wishcraft Mystery, #4)
  • The Ghost Exterminator (Karmic Consultants, #2)
  • The Vampire Next Door (Strange Neighbors, #3)
  • Troubled Sea
  • Coke with a Twist (A Mercy Watts short story)
  • The Heart of the Witch
  • Spells & Stitches (Sugar Maple, #4)
  • My Favorite Witch
  • Bloodstone (A Stacy Justice Mystery, #2)
Forever Charmed available now!

Rock 'n' Roll is Undead, No Shoes, No Shirt, No Spells, How to Date a Werewolf, and Me and My Ghoulfriends are available on Kindle, Nook, and Smashwords. Only 99 cents.

Rose Pressey enjoys writing quirky and fun novels with a paranormal twist. The paranormal has always captured her interest. The thought of finding answers to the unexplained fascinates her.

When she's n
More about Rose Pressey...

Haunted Renovation Mystery (2 books)
  • The Haunted Fixer Upper (Haunted Renovation Mystery, #2)

“I fought a killer and didn’t even smudge my makeup.” 20 likes
“I’d find someone else. No distractions. Men get in the way of ambition. Plus, they laugh at you when you fail” 12 likes