Flip That Haunted House (Haunted Renovation Mystery, #1)

Flip That Haunted House (Haunted Renovation Mystery #1)

3.8 of 5 stars 3.80  ·  rating details  ·  371 ratings  ·  39 reviews
Alabama Hargrove has a new, sure-fire, money-making scheme up her sleeve: house flipper. So what if she knows zilch about renovating homes--how hard can it be?

Tougher than she thought when she discovers ghosts inhabiting the run-down
mansion and the corpse of the previous owner. Oh yeah, and now the local sheriff thinks Alabama is the killer.

Holy house rehab, what's next? R...more
ebook
Published October 11th 2011 by Magical Press (first published October 10th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Flip That Haunted House, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flip That Haunted House

Bekki
This book was absolutely terrible. I could barely finish it. I thought the characters were stupid and uninteresting. The editing was deplorable. This book was rife with grammatical errors.
Michelle ♣ Ndayeni
This book starts off with an interesting premise, namely, a gal buying an old haunted house that she intends to flip as one of her latest money-making schemes. Add in a hunky next-door neighbor that practically has her fanning herself in true Southern Belle fashion after just one look, and those two things alone could have made for a cute and interesting story. A short ways into it, however, Alabama becomes an almost-witness to a murder, and the whole thing becomes more of a murder mystery from...more
Elizabeth
I purchased this book on the kindle, I did not get this for free. I didn't really enjoy this book too much, there were only a few parts that were cute. Also nothing was really funny, and a lot of it was boring.

This could probably have been a really good paranormal mystery with a good editor. Instead it was I'm assuming self published, and really lacks in several areas. The writing is pretty immature, and lacks the guidance of a qualified editor. There were many time I had to flip back to the pre...more
Tess
Alabama Hargrove cannot seem to successfully finish any venture she begins – now she has decided to try her hand at restoring an old house for a quick resale, she’s seen a few episodes on home repair – How hard could it be, right?

She buys the house and when she goes to pick up the keys, finds the previous owner, murdered! It gets worse, the sheriff doesn’t like her, either and is looking at her as a suspect!
‘Bama gets taken for a chunk of money when she tries to hire a shady carpenter but lucki...more
Anita Clay
Alabama Hargrove has switched careers so many times; everyone automatically thinks her new adventure into flipping houses for profit is bound to fail. Alabama is determined to prove everyone wrong. What she doesn’t count on is the hot guy next door, Reed O’Hara, a ghost who inhabits the house and a sheriff who just doesn’t like her. Her best friend, Lacey, gets pulled into her new adventure. When Alabama gets accused of murdering the man she just bought the house from, she digs in to prove to ev...more
Adrienne Testa
I am not sure the age group of the reviewers of this book, but it must be a group of young adults and/or pre teens. The author chose to make this story a whirlwind of drama more suited for pre teens to read than adults. Alabama buys an old historic house, one that is haunted. Her idea is to flip the house, when she goes to get the key from the former owner she finds him dead in his office. Off we go on a course of Alabama drooling over the handy man, gossip in the small town, ghost investigators...more
Missy
This was the first book of this particular author that I have read. I liked the book so much I bought the second book in the series and finished it as well.

What I loved: The lead female was a hoot and so was her crazy mother. It was so easy to envision both of them with the well thought out character descriptions.
I loved the flow/pacing of the plot.
The secondary characters and ghosts were humorous and well thought out.
I was not left second-guessing or wondering anything once I read the whole b...more
Roberta
This book is a true summer read. Easy, light, entertaining, romance and ghosts. What more could a girl ask for.

Alabama Hargrove (yes Alabama is her name) is going to renovate a house, a house that just happens to have a couple of ghosts, a cute guy next door who is a know-it-all contractor - Oh - and she is the prime suspect in the murder of the previous owner.

Alabama doesn't know anything about renovation, or ghost hunting and certainly doesn't want to end up as one but as the prime suspect in...more
Angela
I just could not finish this horrible book. Thank goodness I got it on my Kindle for free.
Glenda
awful, couldn’t finish it.
Tammy
I really wanted to like this book but I had a really hard time getting into it. I had to set it down for a while and read another book and come back to it, but still had a hard time with it. I want to read the next in the series but I am too scared to spend the 4 dollars on it afraid that I will be disappointed with it as well. I love this author but I am thankful I only paid 99 cents for this book. Keeping finger crossed the the next book will be better. Sorry Rose! I still love most of your wo...more
Susan F
Another fun read from Rose Pressey.
Jessica Cowgill
ever read a book that was so wonderfully written that u could see it play in ur head like a movie while u read? or that made u feel the same emotions as the characters? this did both of those for me..I found myself unable to pull away from this book until I saw who did it..u think u know then she throws a few twists in there that make u second guess.. it was a wonderful book like her others I have had the privilege of reading. I will most definitely be reading more of her books!
Jen
This was a fun novel. The characters were charming, if a little under developed. The story was an easy, fast paced read. It was obviously not professionally edited and is rough in some places but not so bad as to make it unreadable. The story jumped around and was a little hard to follow at times but still entertaining. Had it been professionally edited and the romance a little more developed it would have gotten 5stars.
Kathryn Moore
Had so much promise but was disappointing.
She buys a house hoping to "flip" it with her limited knowledge that she got from watching HGTV.
Then she finds the house is "supposedly" haunted.
Notices the "hot" carpenter next door, but doesn't want to hire him. Same old story there.
Colleen Criswell
This was a really cute story, however I felt parts of it were a bit rushed through and that it felt like the author was just ready to wrap it up come the end. I loved the characters, but felt there were a few too many that were focused on that may not have needed it.

All in all I really enjoyed this book and look forward to more of Pressey's works. A fun read.
Readingmom
I do not recommend this book. It was too long & meandering. It was not funny, not witty, and did not have characters whom you care about. The protagonist was annoying. There weren't enough ghosts. There weren't even any sex scenes to spice this book up.

Unless you're trying to bore yourself to sleep - avoid this novel.
Kriss
I have enjoyed all of Rose's books and although I adore Alabama and her quirky mother, this was the least polished of her novels. It needs some work. There are even a few mistakes and passive voice is running amuck. but the story is fun. Perhaps is there is another Alabama tale it will have a bit more depth.
Keith Hughes
Feb 10, 2013 Keith Hughes added it
Shelves: kindle
This was a fun little murder mystery with some light paranormal content and a little romance (and no, this last two items aren't connected). My only beef is that the final clue that solves the mystery is so cliche they even got tired of using it on Murder She Wrote. Despite that I enjoyed it as a light read.
Sue Ross
This is the first book by Rose Pressey I've read but I know it won't be the last. I love the characters and how they interact with eachother. You can tell family is important to them. I hope there is a romance in the making. It had me guessing until the end and then I still wasn't sure who the killer was.
Tina
Cute story and a quick read. A murder mystery with a bit of paranormal twist to it. The characters were like-able, if a tad underdeveloped. I didn't feel the connection between the heroine and the main man was established quite well enough, but I would still read another book by this author.
Mary Merrell
Flip That Haunted House is a fast, fun read with Alabama Harbrove, a funny, quirky character who you'll love to laugh at. Take some time and relax with Alabama as she stumbles through a mystery with a bunch of interesting characters and chilling paranormal activity.
Bridget Beck
Rose does it again

This is such a fun book. I am addicted to her many series Just wished she wrote faster than she does.

Daniell
This was a fun cozy mystery. Had a bit of romance, mystery, ghosts and humorous antics. A good mixture that kept the story interesting and entertaining. A nice light read that made for a great summer get a way.
Nov 27, 2011 Jennifer rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Jennifer by: jar64@rocketmail.com
I really enjoyed this book. Once again, Rose Pressey does it - she keeps my attention from the beginning to the end. Ms. Pressey's writing style is wonderful - it's easy to read and enjoyable. Kudos! :)
Rhonda
Another amazing tale from Rose Pressey. She'll keep you guessing until the very end. Rose has an amazing gift for drawing you into her stories and keeping you spellbound.
Lela
I really enjoy this author, however, this book was a little slow for me. It took a while to get into it. I loved the ending though and wished it had lasted a bit more!
Christine Desrochers-Broderick
Really good book. Great characters, great story line. Fast reading too! Although I wish there was more ghostly happenings. Going to order her other books now.
Vykki
This was a wonderful mystery I love the mixed up mess of main character. This book just kept me reading I recommend this book to all mystery reader.
Natasha Jackson
I really enjoyed this book. The only problem is the kidnapping. It was explained how but not why. Other than that will continue the series.
  • A Ghostly Undertaking
  • A Killing Notion: A Magical Dressmaking Mystery
  • Hell Hounds Are For Suckers (Vampires of San Francisco, #2)
  • Murder On The House (A Haunted Home Renovation Mystery, #3)
  • Dead Suite (A Ghost Dusters Mystery, #4)
  • How (Not) to Kiss a Prince (Cindy Eller, #2)
  • The Good the Bad and the Witchy (A Wishcraft Mystery, #3)
  • Allegra Fairweather (Allegra Fairweather Mystery #1)
  • The Vampire Next Door (Strange Neighbors, #3)
  • Never Burn a Witch (A Rowan Gant Investigation #2)
  • Tiger's Eye (A Stacy Justice Mystery, #3)
  • Loose Screw (Dusty Deals Mystery #1)
  • Six Times a Charm
  • The Thrill of the Haunt (A Haunted Guesthouse Mystery, #5)
  • The Final Arrangement (Flower Shop Mystery, #1)
Forever Charmed available now!

Rock 'n' Roll is Undead, No Shoes, No Shirt, No Spells, How to Date a Werewolf, and Me and My Ghoulfriends are available on Kindle, Nook, and Smashwords. Only 99 cents.

Rose Pressey enjoys writing quirky and fun novels with a paranormal twist. The paranormal has always captured her interest. The thought of finding answers to the unexplained fascinates her.

When she's n...more
More about Rose Pressey...
Me and My Ghoulfriends (Larue Donavan, #1) How to Date a Werewolf (Rylie Cruz, #1) No Shoes, No Shirt, No Spells (Mystic Cafe, #1) Forever Charmed (Halloween Laveau, #1) Ghouls Night Out (Larue Donavan, #2)

“I fought a killer and didn’t even smudge my makeup.” 13 likes
“I’d find someone else. No distractions. Men get in the way of ambition. Plus, they laugh at you when you fail” 10 likes