Start by marking “Into the Fire” as Want to Read:

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  97 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Months after he stole her affections—then her executive chef position—Shyann and Luke meet again under sizzling circumstances, competing head-to-head on a televised cooking show called Kitchen Twist. Each arrives with a motive: Luke intends to win back Shyann’s heart, even as she wants closure on the not-so-tasty heartbreak he once served up.
Luke knows culinary masterpiece
Published October 5th 2011 by The Wild Rose Press

To ask other readers questions about Into the Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Into the Fire

Lilly Gayle
After Chefs Shyann and Luke break up, they meet again on a reality cooking show. Shyann wants payback for what she sees as Luke's lies and betrayals. And besting him in the kitchen would put him in his place. Luke wants a chance to explain his previous actions and win back Shyann's heart. The kitchen's not the only thing that's hot. Shyann and Luke are cooking up a little heat of their own.

I don't read many short stories but wanted a quick story for an overnight trip. I wasn't disappointed. The
Romancing the Book
Reviewed by Danielle
Book provided by the publisher for review
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book

Into the Fire is a contemporary romance novella that fails to engage its readers and unfortunately contains numerous flaws preventing it from becoming a worthwhile read.

The main issue with the novella is that almost the entire cast of characters are very two-dimensional and lack any traits that make them stand out in any way. The only character that stands out in the novella is the main mal
Renee
Oct 29, 2011 Renee marked it as to-read
Is it getting hot in here? Into the Fire is a fast and funny story. The kitchen is on fire with the interaction between Shyann and Luke. It is passionate and emotional. The setting and descriptions are fantastic and I felt like I was on the set of their battles. The sous-chefs were hysterically funny and I would like to see them get their own stories . I really enjoyed this book and I recommend that fans of TV cooking shows get this book.
Jennifer Jakes
Delicious!
Admittedly I'm a Foodie - Food Network, Cooking Channel - but you don't have to be a foodie to enjoy this story. The author keeps the pace moving and the sexual tension twists tighter and tighter until......;)
You guessed it - sex/love scene is fantastic!
Into the Fire is HOT STUFF!
Ellen Anderson

*****Spoiler Alert******
Kind of disappointed. I'm not sure if it was because it was only a short story or what. I loved the humor in the book, that's almost always a plus. What I didn't like is that even after Shyann found out that her sister had kept Luke from contacting her and making things right all along, she still won't listen to him or even give him a chance to explain. Then someone else tells her right then and she actually asked him why he didn't tell her??? He spent the en
Kellie Kamryn
As hot in the kitchen as it was out!
Danielle
May 05, 2014 Danielle rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommended to Danielle by: Free ebook on Amazon.com
Shelves: cherie-marks
Luke Tracy and Shyann Devere heat up the kitchen in more ways than one when they part of a TV cooking show "Kitchen Twist". Luke wants Shyann to hear him out as to why he lied. Shyann does not want to hear his excuses but only to win the competition so she can open her own business. Luke crushed her heart but she still wants him. Luke does not even want to win this contest but only to get Shyann to listen to him and possibly get back together.

This was a very short story.
arlene benson
Love it

Love it

very suspending and very romantic
keeps you wanting more even now I want more. I have no regrets reading this book and will continue to read more by this author
Lynn Smith
Loved the story, fast paced, moved right along. You don't feel anything was left out of the book. Which is a good thing in a short story
Rae
ehhh...too short to get into the characters and i am not a fan of cooking so this book didn't do a whole lot for me
Jeanette montgomery
A quick and easy read.

I liked the characters and the story.
J.M. Madden
I loved this book. Have to admit, I'm partial to cooking shows, so this really hit with me. I know this is a debut author, but she did wonderfully! Packed a lot of wallop into the pages.
Plan to read more from this author!
sarah frances powers
Fantastic!

sizzling from beginning to end. enjoyed every second of it. was riveting. could not put it. down. would like to read more.
Jamie
a pretty good, short story. Two months after their break up Shyann & Luke meet to complete in a televised cook off. Who will win?
Jen_C
Eh. A bit crass. Do not ever eat their food.... they like to make messes in the kitchen & I am not sure they sanitize.
Gina
A sweet, quick read about love lost because of misunderstandings but found again! Loved it!
Dell Marie Allen Johnson
Dell Marie Allen Johnson marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2015
Arlyn
Arlyn added it
Jun 20, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2015
Amanda Brown
Amanda Brown marked it as to-read
May 28, 2015
Kristan Mitchell
Kristan Mitchell marked it as to-read
May 25, 2015
  • Heart You
  • The Vampires' Birthright (Dying of the Dark #2)
  • Baby, It's Cold Outside (Seattle Steam, #2.5)
  • Store This! Simple Home Storage Systems & House Organization Solutions
  • PUMPED
  • 1st Chance
  • The Awakening Society
  • Searching Hearts: Hearts Series Prelude (Hearts, #0.5)
  • Rough to Ride
  • The Weekend Makeover: Get a Brand New Life By Monday Morning
  • Two Week Trial  (Love Beyond Barriers, #1)
  • The Sessions (The Covenant, #1)
  • Passion (School of Sex, #1)
  • Audition (Southern Belles, #1)
  • Welcome to Hell (Mel Goes to Hell, #1)
  • The Essential Family Guide to Borderline Personality Disorder: New Tools and Techniques to Stop Walking on Eggshells
  • Unto These Hills
  • Ward of the Vampire
It all started with an old fashioned typewriter. When my family brought it home, I knew what I wanted to do. All those stories rolling around in my head could finally get out. The press and click of the keys were satisfying in their own right, but when I pulled out a finished page, I knew this was for me. Since then, I 've graduated to a laptop, but the stories still find a way out.

I'm a breast c
More about Cherie Marks...
The Vampire Next Door Lost in New Falls The Fae Next Door Mercy Heart of Mercy (The Mercy Series #2)