Start by marking “Into the Fire” as Want to Read:

3.62  ·  Rating Details  ·  109 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Months after he stole her affections—then her executive chef position—Shyann and Luke meet again under sizzling circumstances, competing head-to-head on a televised cooking show called Kitchen Twist. Each arrives with a motive: Luke intends to win back Shyann’s heart, even as she wants closure on the not-so-tasty heartbreak he once served up.
Luke knows culinary masterpiece
Published October 5th 2011 by The Wild Rose Press

To ask other readers questions about Into the Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Into the Fire

Lilly Gayle
Nov 18, 2011 Lilly Gayle rated it it was amazing
After Chefs Shyann and Luke break up, they meet again on a reality cooking show. Shyann wants payback for what she sees as Luke's lies and betrayals. And besting him in the kitchen would put him in his place. Luke wants a chance to explain his previous actions and win back Shyann's heart. The kitchen's not the only thing that's hot. Shyann and Luke are cooking up a little heat of their own.

I don't read many short stories but wanted a quick story for an overnight trip. I wasn't disappointed. The
Romancing the Book
Feb 22, 2014 Romancing the Book rated it did not like it
Shelves: romance, contemporary
Reviewed by Danielle
Book provided by the publisher for review
Review originally posted at Romancing the Book

Into the Fire is a contemporary romance novella that fails to engage its readers and unfortunately contains numerous flaws preventing it from becoming a worthwhile read.

The main issue with the novella is that almost the entire cast of characters are very two-dimensional and lack any traits that make them stand out in any way. The only character that stands out in the novella is the main mal
Renee
Oct 29, 2011 Renee marked it as to-read
Is it getting hot in here? Into the Fire is a fast and funny story. The kitchen is on fire with the interaction between Shyann and Luke. It is passionate and emotional. The setting and descriptions are fantastic and I felt like I was on the set of their battles. The sous-chefs were hysterically funny and I would like to see them get their own stories . I really enjoyed this book and I recommend that fans of TV cooking shows get this book.
Jennifer Jakes
Nov 16, 2011 Jennifer Jakes rated it it was amazing
Delicious!
Admittedly I'm a Foodie - Food Network, Cooking Channel - but you don't have to be a foodie to enjoy this story. The author keeps the pace moving and the sexual tension twists tighter and tighter until......;)
You guessed it - sex/love scene is fantastic!
Into the Fire is HOT STUFF!
Ellen Anderson

*****Spoiler Alert******
Kind of disappointed. I'm not sure if it was because it was only a short story or what. I loved the humor in the book, that's almost always a plus. What I didn't like is that even after Shyann found out that her sister had kept Luke from contacting her and making things right all along, she still won't listen to him or even give him a chance to explain. Then someone else tells her right then and she actually asked him why he didn't tell her??? He spent the en
Kellie Kamryn
Jan 19, 2012 Kellie Kamryn rated it it was amazing
As hot in the kitchen as it was out!
Danielle
May 05, 2014 Danielle rated it liked it
Recommended to Danielle by: Free ebook on Amazon.com
Shelves: cherie-marks
Luke Tracy and Shyann Devere heat up the kitchen in more ways than one when they part of a TV cooking show "Kitchen Twist". Luke wants Shyann to hear him out as to why he lied. Shyann does not want to hear his excuses but only to win the competition so she can open her own business. Luke crushed her heart but she still wants him. Luke does not even want to win this contest but only to get Shyann to listen to him and possibly get back together.

This was a very short story.
arlene benson
Aug 14, 2014 arlene benson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love it

Love it

very suspending and very romantic
keeps you wanting more even now I want more. I have no regrets reading this book and will continue to read more by this author
Lynn Smith
May 15, 2014 Lynn Smith rated it it was amazing
Loved the story, fast paced, moved right along. You don't feel anything was left out of the book. Which is a good thing in a short story
Rae
May 15, 2015 Rae rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
ehhh...too short to get into the characters and i am not a fan of cooking so this book didn't do a whole lot for me
Jeanette montgomery
A quick and easy read.

I liked the characters and the story.
Heather Mckenna
Super short.
Amanda Chalifoux
Great read :)
J.M. Madden
Aug 02, 2012 J.M. Madden rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. Have to admit, I'm partial to cooking shows, so this really hit with me. I know this is a debut author, but she did wonderfully! Packed a lot of wallop into the pages.
Plan to read more from this author!
sarah frances powers
Fantastic!

sizzling from beginning to end. enjoyed every second of it. was riveting. could not put it. down. would like to read more.
Jamie
Nov 20, 2013 Jamie rated it really liked it
a pretty good, short story. Two months after their break up Shyann & Luke meet to complete in a televised cook off. Who will win?
Jen_C
Nov 25, 2013 Jen_C rated it liked it
Shelves: chef-baker-etc
Eh. A bit crass. Do not ever eat their food.... they like to make messes in the kitchen & I am not sure they sanitize.
Gina
Mar 07, 2015 Gina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A sweet, quick read about love lost because of misunderstandings but found again! Loved it!
Jimzzz
Jimzzz added it
Jan 20, 2016
PatR
PatR rated it liked it
Jan 18, 2016
Danielle
Danielle rated it did not like it
Jan 17, 2016
Stephanie Newcomb
Stephanie Newcomb rated it it was ok
Jan 05, 2016
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jan 01, 2016
Kathy
Kathy added it
Dec 20, 2015
jetsy
jetsy marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2015
Ken Andrews
Ken Andrews is currently reading it
Dec 13, 2015
Angela Di Leo
Angela Di Leo rated it really liked it
Dec 07, 2015
kimberly richardson
kimberly richardson rated it really liked it
Nov 26, 2015
Rinji
Rinji rated it liked it
Nov 22, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Heart You
  • Uncharted (Countermeasure: Bytes of Life, #1)
  • Searching Hearts: Hearts Series Prelude (Hearts, #0.5)
  • Passion (School of Sex, #1)
  • Baby, It's Cold Outside (Seattle Steam, #2.5)
  • The Sessions (The Covenant, #1)
  • The Awakening Society
  • Rough to Ride
  • 1st Chance
  • Welcome to Hell (Mel Goes to Hell, #1)
  • The Return of Ursula - A Peaches Monroe Short Story
  • Audition (Southern Belles, #1)
  • PUMPED
  • Until Death Do Us Part (Kismet Knight, #1.5)
  • Two Week Trial  (Love Beyond Barriers, #1)
  • For The Night (Luna, #1)
  • Delayed Delivery (Pursuit, #2.5)
  • Ward of the Vampire (Ward of the Vampire, #1)
It all started with an old fashioned typewriter. When my family brought it home, I knew what I wanted to do. All those stories rolling around in my head could finally get out. The press and click of the keys were satisfying in their own right, but when I pulled out a finished page, I knew this was for me. Since then, I 've graduated to a laptop, but the stories still find a way out.

I'm a breast c
More about Cherie Marks...