Success Is Not an Accident: Change Your Choices; Change Your Life

Success Is Not an Accident: Change Your Choices; Change Your Life

4.16 of 5 stars 4.16  ·  rating details  ·  147 ratings  ·  18 reviews
Tommy Newberry's best-selling "Success Is Not an Accident" (self-published in 1999) has helped over 100,000 readers achieve higher levels of success in both their personal and professional lives. Reminiscent of best-selling authors Stephen Covey and John Maxwell, Newberry teaches readers the power of goal setting, time management, visualization, and "self-talk" so they can...more
Published September 28th 2011 by Tyndale House Publishers (first published January 15th 1998)

Reagan Ramsey
I've read this book about 5 times and every time I read it I get something new out of it. I love its positivity and forward thinking principles.
Christine
While I read this book as a free Amazon download, it is worth paying hardcover price for this book if you are interested in self improvement of yourself and your business. New berry brings in aspects of motivation, organization, and your personal health and sums them up in a concise way. In addition, his discussion of self talk and self empowerment only covers a chaper or two. But follows the princles I have spent years studying in various religious, new age, and spiritual texts, and the princip...more
Stuart
Overall, this is a great book! It preps you to become successful, and shows you that the only person that can possibly hold you back from being your successful self is the person that you see in the mirror. Therefore, you must train yourself to take charge and make him work for you to accomplish all of your goals! My only major complaint about this book, also leading to the rating a 4 of 5, is that it is completely and overly religious. From the introduction and all the way to the end the book i...more
Gabriel Villabon
N/A It's for a different age and most preferably a very, very Christian soul.
Sandra
I enjoyed it. It's a lot of common sense information redone. We all learned how to make money and be successful, but it seems like we have a mental blocker to turn it off.

One of the beginning principles discussed was reaping vs sowing. (Sounds like Sunday School doesn't it?) How can you harvest a crop if you never planted? It's brilliant!

If you are in any type of business class...take some time and read this book with a highlighter in hand.

Barbara Ann
A lot of common sense stuff but a refresher is always good. I especially like the lessons following each chapter. I feel like I have something concrete now to work with and I'm confident now more than ever that I will reach my goals. This book was very motivating and fun to read.
E. Scott
Great great great book!

I am going to plan to re-read this again and again each year to make sure I am taking adavantage of the habits that Tommy outlines.

By the way, I pretty much feel this way about all of Tommy's books!!!
Shawn Hardister
Excellent read. A wholistic, Bible-based prescription for improving one's life. Inspiration to take the difficult next steps to apply it to your life. Will be reading this again and using it as a handbook for success.
Jeff
This audio set up has changed my life forever, and I listen to it over and over again. If you want help in planning your future and rising above an ordinary lifestyle, this is a great way to start!!
Brianna Elsass
Fairly light read, a little long in a few places but not nearly to the extent I assumed. Great motivator to re-evaluate and restructure your goals and how you are progressing (or not!) through them.
Abner Huertas
Un libro práctico que te lleva de la mano para que construyas tu visión y misión de vida., algo muy importante para cada uno de nosotros para saber la dirección que debemos tomar.
Angela Mckenzie
An inspirational read - makes one stop and think about their life, goals and dreams and gives you an outline for you to plan the success you want to accomplish.
Jason Joy
Good motivational book. Teaches you to take responsibility for your life. A lot of practical ideas to be more productive.
Jerry
Aug 31, 2009 Jerry rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: all who want successful lives in all areas of there lives.
This book, in my opinion, is the best step by step book to creating the right mentality to handle success.
Case
Great book, highly recommended to anyone wanting help making goals and plans in his or her life.
Anne
It's so motivating!
It gives a lot of practical advice on how to become a successful person.
Lupita
Excente libro, lo estoy leyendo aun..!!!
Ms Maureen
I like the spiritual aspect.
Clarice
Another one read ages ago.
Val Anthony
Val Anthony marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Ryan Hutchison
Ryan Hutchison marked it as to-read
Jul 09, 2014
Khema Sor
Khema Sor marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Johnnyrockett
Johnnyrockett marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
  • The Truth About Managing People...And Nothing But the Truth
  • 25 Days to Better Thinking & Better Living: A Guide  for Improving Every Aspect of Your Life
  • Five Minutes on Mondays: Finding Unexpected Purpose, Peace, and Fulfillment at Work
  • Today We Are Rich: Harnessing The Power Of Total Confidence
  • Leading at a Higher Level: Blanchard on Leadership and Creating High Performing Organizations
  • Saving for Retirement without Living Like a Pauper or Winning the Lottery
  • In the Line of Fire: How to Handle Tough Questions...When It Counts
  • From the Garden to the City: The Redeeming and Corrupting Power of Technology
  • The Rules of Management: A Definitive Code for Managerial Success
  • Wired to Care: How Companies Prosper When They Create Widespread Empathy
  • Firms of Endearment: How World-Class Companies Profit from Passion and Purpose
  • Coffee Shop Conversations: Making the Most of Spiritual Small Talk
  • 10 People Every Christian Should Know
  • Rid of My Disgrace: Hope and Healing for Victims of Sexual Assault
  • The 7-Day Doubt Diet
  • Living Rich by Spending Smart: How to Get More of What You Really Want
  • The Millennials: Connecting to America's Largest Generation
  • Game Plan for Life: Your Personal Playbook for Success
112068
Tommy Newberry is the founder and head coach of The 1% Club, an organization dedicated to helping entrepreneurs and their families maximize their full potential. As a pioneer in the life-coaching field since 1991, he has equipped business leaders in more than thirty industries to work less, earn more, and enjoy greater satisfaction with the right accomplishments. Tommy is the author of "The 4:8 Pr...more
More about Tommy Newberry...
The 4:8 Principle: The Secret to a Joy-Filled Life 40 Days to a Joy-Filled Life: Living the 4:8 Principle Think 4:8: 40 Days to a Joy-Filled Life for Teens The War On Success: How the Obama Agenda Is Shattering the American Dream I Call Shotgun: Lessons from Dad for Navigating the Roads of Life

“If you want to lead an extraordinary life, find out what the ordinary do–and don't do it.” 27 likes