Start by marking “Special Delivery (Freedom #2)” as Want to Read:
Special Delivery (Freedom #2)

Special Delivery (Freedom #2)

In book two of the Freedom series, readers find Mara fighting against her attraction to Bible college student Jonathan Flannery even while wrestling with risking her own precarious safety to become involved in the rescue of another girl who is pregnant and desperately wants to escape her captors and save her own life, as well as her child s. Halfway around the world in a ...more
Published February 15th 2012 by New Hope Publishers (AL) (first published November 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Special Delivery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Special Delivery

Maureen Timerman
Feb 16, 2012 Maureen Timerman rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012
This is the second book in the Freedom series, and though you can read this one alone, I think it helps and you don't want to miss, to read the first one!
Kathi once again has me wanting to hide under the covers, I want to help these Children get out of these situations so badly. The book is a fairly quick read, and you will be glad it is, as it is a real page turner. I had my heart in my stomach, and could not put this book down.
The book is mainly Mara and Lawan's stories, who we met in Deliver
Melanie
Apr 06, 2012 Melanie rated it it was amazing
Kathi Macias again tackles the tough to realize topic of human trafficking, on US soil. I know I personally hadn’t given it much thought, how could something that horrific happen in the states, that is something that just happens in other countries. Not true! Kathi continues her Freedom Series with Mara, who was rescued from a trafficking ring, now working as a waitress, trying to forget her past. God brings her former counselor Barbara back into her life just as Mara notices a possible victim ...more
Cheryl Malandrinos
Apr 19, 2012 Cheryl Malandrinos rated it it was amazing
Wow! If you thought the first book in this series, Deliver Me from Evil, was good, then you definitely don't want to miss this one. Macias continues to shed light on the horrors of human trafficking with her readers, reminding them this is something that takes place closer to home than they might think.

Macias masterfully weaves a story that draws the reader deeper into the lives of the many characters they met in Deliver Me from Evil, while introducing new characters whose situations will also
Diana Montgomery
Aug 02, 2013 Diana Montgomery rated it it was amazing
Special Delivery by Kathi Macias
Special Delivery part 2 in the Freedom series continues on with the story of Mara a young girl bought up as a sex slave. Sad to say this happens right under our nose. Little girls lives that are ruined or ended. Being in this kind of set up I would just want God to take me home as many of the girls pray for. This just breaks my heart it is a very emotional story but a story that needs to be told.
Human trafficking goes on all over the country. Little girls and boy
Louisa
Apr 09, 2012 Louisa rated it it was amazing
Really good book, really developed the plot of book 1, and it was very emotional, and I really liked it! Can't wait to read the last book!
Louise
Dec 12, 2011 Louise rated it it was amazing
Story Description:

In book two of the "Freedom" series, readers find Mara fighting against her attraction to Bible college student Jonathan Flannery. Mara also wrestles with risking her own precarious safety to become involved in the rescue of another girl who is pregnant and desperately wants to escape her captors and save her own life as well as her child's.
Halfway around the world in a brothel in Thailand, a young girl is rescued with the promise of being reunited with her younger sister who
Linda
Apr 05, 2012 Linda rated it it was amazing
Special Delivery is the story of Mara, who is now free from sex slavery. It is the story of her life. Yet it’s more than just her life. It’s the suspense of revenge from Jefe. It’s the opportunity to help other girls get free. Will Mara find the grace to work through her personal issues and reach forth and help?

With Kathi’s incorporation of a tensive romantic relationship that intrigues both Jonathan and Mara, would Mara be able and willing to have a relationship that’s ‘normal’ with a husband?
Jolene
Apr 02, 2012 Jolene rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Two years ago Jonathan Flannery stumbled onto a human trafficking operation and rescued the beautiful, abused Mara. Mara's testimony against her uncle, the leader of the operation, put him in prison and gave her freedom from sexual slavery. When Jonathan returns from Bible college for the summer and their paths cross, Mara finds herself longing for him, though she swore off all men long ago. Intentionally discounting her sudden affection for Jonathan, Mara focuses on her waitressing job until a ...more
Kim Justice
Oct 20, 2012 Kim Justice rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Shelves: reviewed
My Review:
Didn't think that I could get into another book quite like this again. Due to the fact that I cried and was so moved by the first book in the series that I just didn't know if I really could read more. But I also knew that at the end of the first I wanted more. I needed more. I had to find out what was going to happen next.

But it still took me a few months to even think about starting to read this one from one of my favorite authors. Her first book in the Freedom Series was so over p
Katie
Mar 21, 2012 Katie rated it it was amazing
Once again, I am wowed by the story Kathi Macias has painted in this second book in her Freedom series. Such a heart-wrenching read!!

I really liked how Jonathan and Mara were still in the series, and how the reader got a glimpse into Mara's journey toward healing. A very rough road!!

Full review to come.
Wanda (The Watered Soul)
Mar 03, 2012 Wanda (The Watered Soul) rated it really liked it
Through Mara's life readers are reminded how God can take the horrific events in our lives and not only deliver us through them but use our past misery to minister aide to other's like us.
Faith
Jan 13, 2013 Faith rated it it was amazing
I am grateful to Kathi Macias and New Hope for giving me a copy of this book to review. Special Delivery continues the story of Mara, 17 year old sex trafficked victim from Mexico after her uncle is imprisoned and she is set free. Of course, for a girl who has been brutalized for years, her true freedom will be hard won and will not come without Christ. Her bitter uncle still has friends outside prison that he hopes can enact revenge upon Mara.
Mara, having lived through this nightmare herself k
Kathleen (Kat) Smith
Kathi Macias has always placed a unique passion into her books and Special Delivery is no exception. Written as a sequel to Delivery Me From Evil in her Freedom Series, we pick up once again with the story of Mara. Mara has finally found freedom herself after spending a lifetime in the human trafficking ring that was run by her Uncle. She has spent the last two years striving for citizenship in the United States, while her Uncle Jefe seeks his revenge for her betrayal and arrest. She makes her ...more
Barbara
Kathi Macias does a masterful job of tackling a very difficult subject in a way that has just enough detail to convey the horror, but not enough, in my opinion, that you feel it is inappropriate or that you should quit reading it. I was not aware of the prevalence of sexual slavery and abuse until I began reading the Freedom series. The focus on Christian adults and young people who are drawn to help those who are being abused is motivating. I sincerely wish her books were more available in ...more
Amber
Jun 28, 2012 Amber rated it really liked it
Shelves: christian, favorites
I was impressed at this novel. It was an eye opener to the personal aspects of human trafficking. Helps you to realize that doing good for just one person has a profound affect. Great read you can't put down.
Donita Corman
Aug 08, 2013 Donita Corman rated it it was amazing
Intense storyline but well worth reading. This series deals with modern day slavery of a different type. Human trafficking is a real serious issue. Its touched my heart and my prayers are with those who have to endure such a horrible life.
TitiFash
TitiFash rated it liked it
Oct 02, 2015
Cindy Navarro
Cindy Navarro rated it really liked it
Mar 25, 2012
Valerie
Valerie rated it it was ok
Apr 30, 2013
Kathy Howard
Kathy Howard rated it it was amazing
Jul 09, 2012
Mary Mitchell
Mary Mitchell rated it really liked it
Jul 01, 2016
Annette
Annette rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2012
Cortana
Cortana rated it really liked it
Jul 31, 2012
Lori Wasson
Lori Wasson rated it it was amazing
Jun 06, 2015
Andor Zensko
Andor Zensko rated it really liked it
May 22, 2013
Cass
Cass rated it it was amazing
Sep 19, 2016
Brittany
Brittany rated it it was amazing
Apr 16, 2016
Bobbie
Bobbie rated it liked it
Jun 12, 2013
Melissa
Melissa rated it it was amazing
May 13, 2013
Sherry L. Hartman
Sherry L. Hartman rated it it was amazing
Feb 11, 2014

You are here: Home / About Kathi
About Kathi

0019 Kathi Macias - EDITED emailed (2)

Kathi Macias is a multi-award winning writer who has authored nearly 40 books and ghostwritten several others. A former newspaper columnist and string reporter, Kathi has taught creative and business writing in various venues and has been a guest on many radio and television programs. Kathi is a popular speaker at ch
More about Kathi Macias...

Freedom (3 books)
  • Deliver Me from Evil (Freedom #1)
  • The Deliverer (Freedom #3)