Start by marking “Witch Way (Magical Holiday Tales, #1)” as Want to Read:
Witch Way (Magical Holiday Tales, #1)

Witch Way (Magical Holiday Tales #1)

3.63  ·  Rating Details  ·  316 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
For every fork in the road of life, there is only one question: Witch Way?

Mayhem has been Roxy Devereaux's constant companion, but she never imagined gun-wielding mummies would invade a company Halloween party and send her running for her life. Adrift and afraid, the sleepy town of Mystic, Oregon calls to her. Yet, in this secluded coastal community, nothing is as it appea
Nook, 0 pages
Published October 9th 2011 by H2Oh! Publishing (first published October 6th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Witch Way, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Witch Way

Melissa ( Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf)

This quick fun read was everything I expected it to be and maybe a little more. To be honest it read a bit like a cozy which I loved.

Roxy is quickly thrown into an unbelievable world of magical Mystic Oregon...where she comes to find out that she herself is the Magic and must find it in herself to keep the town going. The pace of this novella is perfect...it keeps flying along introducing characters and new plot points and all the right times. and who wouldn't love little Remy?

There are no amaz
Susan
Jun 23, 2013 Susan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh my! Things are just not good for Rory Devereaux. (Devereaux...a perfect last name for someone with special...). Ooops! Sorry got lost there for just a second. Anyway, Rory is running again because more bad has found her. Running again, because "Uncle" Barry said she needed to leave so off she goes, with just the clothes on her back and her car, hightailing it out of town and as far away as she could get from all the nastiness that she just left behind.

Little did she know that she was about to
Rhys Ethan
Dec 10, 2013 Rhys Ethan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Witch Way is about a troubled, young woman, Roxy, who is forced out of her quite comfortable life with Uncle Barry on a Halloween night and is driven by mystical forces to Mystic, Oregon, where all the inhabitants seem to be waiting for her, everyone seems to know her and ever so strangely she feels like home. What will happen when her true heritage comes to light? And what will she be willing to do for her future when her recent past comes to haunt and hunt her down?

This is no high art literatu
Purr More, Censor Less
2.5 stars - it was just okay for me. It didn't grab me and I wasn't engaged in the story. I could easily have put it down and moved on to something else. I had to reread a few sections to figure out what was going on or figure out that what I thought was a plot hole wasn't actually a plot hole, but just wasn't described well...at least for me. I guess the writing style wasn't a good match for my reading style.

The main issue of Roxy discovering she is a witch and getting her witchy mojo back was
Stella Wilkinson
Nov 09, 2013 Stella Wilkinson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought the premise for the story was great, and I liked all the characters, I just would have liked it to be a bit more indepth. It sort of skimmed the surface of the story. You had to use your imagination too a lot to conjure up images and if it had been more descriptive then it would have been longer, which would have worked better too because a lot happens.

Basically Roxy ends up going 'home'. And home is a town where magic reigns, especially from her family. Thats all I'm going to say beca
Diane ~Firefly~
Good short story and intro to a new series. It is fairly confusing throughout, but that is mainly because Roxy is as much in the dark as we are. The town of Mystic Harbor sounds pretty interesting and is probably worth picking up the next one to find out more.

(view spoiler)
Victoria Dean
This is a light and easy book to read. It's not fluffy though like most summer reading books. It has a great plot, loads of interesting characters, and plenty of twists and turns that make you want to keep reading the series. I know I'm hooked!
Kim
Nov 05, 2012 Kim rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
i liked the idea of this, but it felt too light, like a novella. i also didn't find any of the characters that appealing, probably because you learn next to nothing about all of them except for the lead.
Debbie
Oct 21, 2014 Debbie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. This was different from what I've read and such a fun read. Can't wait to find out what happens with Roxy!! Will be adding this to my must read list.
Petula
Aug 23, 2013 Petula rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A nice light read. Fine for Y.A. or adults looking for a fun read. Roxy gets one big shock after another. A life changing weekend in her life.
P.A.
Mar 12, 2013 P.A. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A short novella that has just enough information, and is written well enough to entice readers into wanting to read more by this author.
Ceili
Apr 14, 2012 Ceili rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a quick read....it actually ended a lot sooner than I expected. It was a fun read....and I'm definitely awaiting the follow-up
Robin
this was a very cute story of a rebellious young woman learning shes a witch. I enjoyed the story & look forward to others in the series.
Kaye
Jan 08, 2013 Kaye rated it it was ok
Shelves: nook-book
A takeoff of Barbara Bretton's Casting Spells except no where near as well done or as well characterized.
Tiffany Brandenburg
Oct 01, 2012 Tiffany Brandenburg rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished
Very Light hearted whimsey tale. I like enough that I read the Second and I am currently on the 3rd book.
Susan
Apr 11, 2012 Susan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute, quick read. Nicely written. I look forward to reading the next two in the series.
✿Emma-Louise Violet

- A High 2 Stars -
Very short & simple but a pleasant read
Dec 17, 2012 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2012
Pretty good little story. Looking forward to the next installment.
Shannon
very cute book I will definitely continue the series!
Holli
Nov 02, 2011 Holli rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When can i get the next installment? Loved it!!
Juli
Jan 11, 2013 Juli rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute story! Fast read! Love the storyline!
Christine Hayes
Was a fast read,really liked it.
Karin Crimmins
Cute book
Melody
Mar 31, 2012 Melody rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
fun
Sonia Ortiz
Sonia Ortiz marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2016
Kirs Hall
Kirs Hall marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2016
Venus
Venus added it
Jun 03, 2016
Pam
Pam rated it it was ok
May 29, 2016
Dee Gray
Dee Gray marked it as to-read
May 22, 2016
Karen Mengerink
Karen Mengerink marked it as to-read
May 18, 2016
  • Hell Hounds Are For Suckers (Vampires of San Francisco, #2)
  • The Book of Prime (Immortals of London, #1)
  • Arrival of the Traveler (Waldgrave #1)
  • Baehrly Beginning (Goldie Locke and the Were Bears 0.5)
  • Haunted (Witch Hunt #1)
  • Witches of Bourbon Street  (Jade Calhoun ,#2)
  • Witch to Choose (Heart of a Witch, #1)
  • Honor Bound (The Witchblade Chronicles #1)
  • The Taste of Magic
  • A Dragon's Seduction (The Gatekeepers, #1)
  • A Tale of 3 Witches
  • Unfinished
  • Rival
  • Only the Strongest Survive
  • The Magic Mirror (The Curious Collectibles, #1)
  • Cat Snips
  • To Love a Witch (Novel Nibbles)
  • The Magic Touch

Magical Holiday Tales (2 books)
  • Coven by Christmas (Magical Holiday Tales, #2)