Start by marking “Destined (Wings, #4)” as Want to Read:
Destined (Wings, #4)

Destined (Wings #4)

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  15,769 ratings  ·  1,509 reviews
Destined delivers all the romance and action that fans expect as it brings Aprilynne Pike’s Wings series to a deeply satisfying conclusion.

Laurel used to think she was an ordinary girl from Crescent City, California. She never would have believed she was truly a faerie from a realm called Avalon.

Now Laurel must risk her life to save Avalon from destruction by Yuki—a rare a
Hardcover, 1st Edition, 307 pages
Published May 1st 2012 by HarperTeen (first published 2012)

Can't Wait Books of 2012
42nd out of 2,496 books — 15,911 voters
YA Novels of 2012
25th out of 1,316 books — 10,497 voters

More lists with this book...

Annabelle Marie Veronica
*****FINAL RATING: 4.55 STARS*****

CATCHALL
I've been with this series since the beginning, and I told myself I'd see it through. So I have. While it's had its ups and downs like any other series, I've found it thoroughly enjoyable and this book provided a satisfactory and bittersweet final novel. (It also has Tamani, who practically makes up for any faults, but more on that later.) I absolutely adored it.

THE HEROINE
LAUREL
While I freely admit that I often find Laurel to be too self-sacrificing
Nicole Renee
Jun 05, 2011 Nicole Renee marked it as to-read
OKAY. SERIOUSLY. wtf is she thinking!? 2012?!!!! she cuts us off on THE worst cliffhangar and then waits for 20394823484905840983405983 years (in the booklover's mind) to release the next one!? is she CRAZY?! BAHHHHHHHHHHH someone kill me now -__-
i'm not quite sure if i'm pro tam or david, because in the first two books i was PROPROPROPROOOO tam, but when she broke up with david and i saw how it affected him i kinda toppled, and now i'm not sure WHO i want to win.... and it was a total bitch mov
Steph Sinclair
Sumaya
P.S... funny how you come back to some reviews and go "I really felt like that?"... I guess its the magic of books ;D

BEFORE READING:

PRO TAM... AHAHAHAHA 'm reading the book and cannot wait to see what happens in the end!!!!
after reading:

MAJOR MAJOR SPOILERS :)

I sat their crying my eyes out... my make-up (thanks to Ms Aprilynne Pike) is messed up, my hair loose, my nose running and my eyes red. I never thought I'd feel so attached to this world of faeries and trolls ... but I feel like it's
Hannah-Linn
whoooooo! Finished. That was awesome. perfect ending.
Riv
Jun 04, 2011 Riv marked it as to-read
Shelves: 4th-of-series
2012!!!! That's a joke. That's got to be a joke. I need to know who she picks!!! Rah! This is one love triangle that I adore.= and has really kept me guessing.
Team Tam all the way!
Chlo
OMG!!! MOREEEE :D :D :D
Sorry to disappoint every1, But I'm pro david!!! She should stay with him for a while and then after awhile end up with tam. Either that or she should go back to the academy and meet some other guy. On second thought, I like that!!

The problem with tamani is that he is pushy and intense, u know!! He is the sole reason she is always forced to choose. I don't blame him for jealousy or liking laurel, but I think he puts too much presure on her...

UPDATE: OMG IT HAS A TITLE!!!
Winnie
Hecate's eye! WOW! I LOVED IT! What a book! All I can say is Knockout! Sensational! Smashing! A great ending to a masterpiece and I must say that I am sorry that this series is at its conclusion. But, no worry I will be reading these books for years to come. Destined has everything… war, love, romance, malice, loss, fear, bravery, courage, cowardice, and most importantly friendship and trust; plus, a better future for humans and fey.
Aprilynne Pike is the only author who has woven a tale that mad
Mitch
Admittedly I don't really care for this series that much, books are too 'cute' for me to really appreciate (see the cover, basically), but picked up the first one on a whim, found Pike's spin on fairies and trolls intriguing enough (science, not magic!) if the book's themselves a little slow, and decided to stick it out. Big mistake. But before you berate me for the one star, make sure you've read the real ending to this - David's letter to Chelsea at the very back. It's easy to miss.

Anyway, lik
Bella Beverly
Jun 20, 2011 Bella Beverly marked it as to-read
Ergh.

This is torture. She could have at least put more at the end.

Leaving the end with,

Shar's whispered oath was Tamani's fervent prayer.

IS JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Im going to die, if i have to wait until APRILLL.

Well, proooo tam. :))))
Didi
finally! i get to write a real review since posting my expectation below!
let's just start off by saying that it felt like a long time coming this book. and now that it's over, it's almost a loss of sorts.
well, all good series must come to an end, so here it goes. this book without giving too much away could not have ended up any better! it kicked off from the get-go but not to the point that you couldn't follow. there were also points of down-time that enabled the reader to gather their bearings
Nicole
2012?!?!?! I cant wait that long! Aprilynne gives the worst cliffhanger and expects usto wait that long?!?! I love her, but she's gotta be crazy! I've been Pro David since day 1 and I'm obsessed with these books-she has posted that 'some major characters dont make it out' after reporting running, fighting, and death and the whole book lasts about 24 hrs. SOMEONE KILL ME NOW!!!
Joost
Beter dan de vorige delen hoewel ik dat einde beetje smeriglief (nieuw woord, ik keur het goed) vind... Hier kan je mijn recensie lezen: http://nerdygeekyfanboy.com/recensie/...
Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids
It's so hard to say good bye to a series you've grown to love, but let me just say that Aprilynne Pike ended her Wings series on such a bittersweet note. I loved the way she wrapped things up and though some tough choices were made, and I commend her for staying true to the story with everything that happens, including Laurel's choice. There's some great plot twists, shocking revelations and some great swoon worthy scenes between Laurel and.... you'll have to read the book to find out who. I enj ...more
Mariya
Oh boy how I loved this book! Its everything I wished this book to be ,though there is so much of sorrow and pain that Tamani went through and any pain that Tam goes through I go through it too! The loss of Shar got me on the edge of tears it was heart breaking how Tamani couldnt stand the thought of loosing his best friend almost a brother. First Shar and then Katya...really sad. Its a good ending of this book. I never in the history of Wings thought David out of all people would become the her ...more
Raghad
Kei Uchiha
Jul 09, 2011 Kei Uchiha marked it as to-read
when I started reading book 1, I kinda was hoping that something would happen to one of the 2, or one of them had false feelings... I sorta have mixed feelings on the subject, but I kinda think Tam and Laurel are soul mates... not to mention if Laurel ever wants to have kids (and not adopt) she'll have to chose another Fae, since faerie reproduction systems are much different then humans (Fae=Plant Human=animal)...
Courtenay
Sep 12, 2011 Courtenay marked it as to-read
What the??? Biggest cliff hanger ever!!! Can't this book be published any quicker I LOVED Illusions but lets not mess around here Laurel and Tam need to be together so set David up with Chelsea so they can geek-out together!
Hayden
Wow. These titles have such nice rings to them . . . and they all match so well!

[Gag. They're so cheesy and . . . gross. And the covers are putrid as well.]

Wings . . .

[I still don't know what's on the cover.]

Author's Note Thanks to Rianne~ for informing me that they're flower petals!

Spells . . .

Illusions . . .

Destined.

[What? It doesn't match the others, and it doesn't even sound good. It's also the title of the new House of Night book! How original.]

I can't believe how excited I am to read this
Michelle Madow
Whenever I get to the final book in a series, I'm excited to see how it concludes, and also sad that the story is ending. It's important that a final book is a strong finish to the series, and DESTINED is exactly that! Aprilynne Pike has done a marvelous job of finishing this story. This is a must for any WINGS fan.

DESTINED was a huge change of pace from the rest of the series -- the events all take place mainly in one day. And what an eventful day it is. It's jam-packed with action and adventu
Lauren Jarvis
Okay first time reviewing but SOOOOOOOOO glad this is the book i get to review. I as gifted by a friend an ARC and let me say i am so glad i did not have to wait months after reading Illusions to find out the end of this journey.

So without spoilers I can say only this. As I have read many faerie story and watch them unfold with the young girls destiny or the romantic love triangle, this one ended the with a bittersweet ending. I kept yelling at Laurel throughout the book. And in most love trian
April
OMG I JUST CAN'T RIGHT NOW.
Kristi-The Book Faery
THE FAERYS VIEW

Destined by Aprilynne Pike is the final book in the Wings series and I’m so very sad about that! I have followed this series from its inception and loved every single word that Ms. Pike has written.

Loving all things Fae, the biggest draw for me is that Laurel, the main character gets to spend time in Avalon aka Faery and it’s just such an amazing world to be in. Ms. Pike has absolutely amazing skills at creating this Faery world that is so rich in detail that I can almost smell th
Savannah (Books With Bite)
I have read this series since the very beginning before I was a book blogger! An employee recommended it to me when it had just came out. The Wings series is my all-time, hands-down favorite faerie series. Even before I picked up this book my heart was pounding. How in the world can an author make me anticipate a book even before I pick it up?? It isn't just the characters or the plot line. It's the story telling. And Ms. Pike has got that down to a T.

War. The beginning of the end. The plot paci
Donna {Book Passion for Life}
I’ll admit, I’ve had my up’s and down’s with this series because I’ve always just felt it was just an okay series, but for some reason I kept me going back for more and now after reading Destined; the fourth and final book – I have to say it is definitely the best book out of the series, and Aprilynne Pike definitely pulled out all the stops to make is a mind-blowing finale.

Destined is definitely different from all the other books and the author did a fantastic job with it. This book is set over
Mehwish naqvi
This book waas amazing just like I expcted to be.I wasnt dissaponted at all by this book.Even though it was kind of sad and HEART-BREAKING,but I still loved it.Before reading this book I was so tensed but in the end I was fully satisfied.This series is the best fairy series I have ever read.I really hate to say goodbye to this series.Arilynne Pike is a great writer and I look forward to read more books written by her.
Jessica
I can't wait until it's released, it's a really long wait. For me anyways, I am so longing to noe wat happens next. I just recently read Illusions and i'm am so like i want to read more more more. I really hope Laurel ends up with Tamani, it would be a dissapointment if she doesn't. Meanwhile i'll read the whole series again. TEAM TAMANI!!!!!
Bailee
I cannot wait 'til 2012 with an ending like that! It's such a cliffhanger and its annoying the crap out of me! By the way I'm so team David! Normally I believe the guy who's known her the longest gets the girl but not for me in this case!
Kari
Nov 01, 2011 Kari marked it as to-read
Isn't it funny how her name is Aprilynne and the final book comes out in April ? What ? No ?

well ... it was worth a try ,

STOKED FOR DESTINED !:)

EDIT: I just saw the cover. OH.MY.FAIRIES. This is magnificent!
Freadom Booktube (Sara)
Just thought you should know I think this should've been a duology. The first three books combined and then this one.

Critically
Plot - 4.5 out of 5 stars
Loved this! It was action packed, with a lot of shocking twists, magic, death, defiance against an established system and a sort of open end that felt incredibly bittersweet.
Writing Style - 3.5 out of 5 stars
Really simple. I liked that this time around there were more descriptions and it was a faster pace. It was more lively, there was more exc
David's letter 17 106 Nov 03, 2014 02:49PM
Who will Laurel choose? 121 380 Nov 02, 2014 06:08AM
Wings Book series...: Destined {Possible Spoilers} 64 160 Jan 09, 2014 07:09AM
who is better? 7 29 Aug 10, 2013 08:26PM
who with who??? 8 27 Jun 20, 2013 04:05PM
what if...? 9 27 Jun 08, 2013 11:15AM
Yuki and Tamani? 9 77 Jun 07, 2013 03:07PM
  • Endure (Need, #4)
  • Sirensong (Faeriewalker, #3)
  • Faerie Winter (Bones of Faerie, #2)
  • Endlessly (Paranormalcy, #3)
  • Shine (Shade, #3)
  • Tempestuous (Wondrous Strange, #3)
  • The Charmed Return (Faerie Path, #6)
  • The Wood Queen (The Iron Witch, #2)
  • The Savage Grace (The Dark Divine, #3)
  • The Iron Legends (The Iron Fey, #1.5, 3.5, 4.5)
  • Rebel (Faery Rebels, #2)
  • Wings of the Wicked (Angelfire, #2)
  • The Last Echo (The Body Finder, #3)
  • Stolen Away
  • Stopping Time and Old Habits (Wicked Lovely #2.5-.6)
  • Dreaming Awake (Falling Under, #2)
  • Perception (Clarity, #2)
2096360
Aprilynne Pike has been spinning faerie stories since she was a child with a hyper-active imagination. At the age of twenty she received her BA in Creative Writing from Lewis-Clark State College in Lewiston, Idaho. When not writing, Aprilynne can usually be found at the gym; she also enjoys singing, acting, reading, and working with pregnant moms as a childbirth educator and doula. Aprilynne curre ...more
More about Aprilynne Pike...

Wings (4 books)
  • Wings (Wings, #1)
  • Spells (Wings, #2)
  • Illusions (Wings, #3)
Wings (Wings, #1) Spells (Wings, #2) Illusions (Wings, #3) Earthbound (Earthbound, #1) Life After Theft

3 trivia questions
2 quizzes
More quizzes & trivia...
“I'm begging you, to come be with me." And she pressed her mouth against his and murmured against his lips. "Forever."

For a few seconds he didn't respond.

Then a groan escaped his throat and he thrust his fingers in her hair, pulling her mouth back to his with a fierce hunger.

"Kiss me," she whispered. "And don't stop.”
105 likes
“I've loved you for a long time, ' she said. 'But there was always something holding me back. Maybe it was that I was afraid of an emotion that was so consuming. It still frightens me,' she admitted in a whisper.
Tamani chuckled. 'If it makes you feel any better, it scares the daylights out of me on a regular basis.”
96 likes