Start by marking “Destined (Wings, #4)” as Want to Read:
Destined (Wings, #4)

Destined (Wings #4)

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  13,398 ratings  ·  1,425 reviews
Destined delivers all the romance and action that fans expect as it brings Aprilynne Pike’s Wings series to a deeply satisfying conclusion.

Laurel used to think she was an ordinary girl from Crescent City, California. She never would have believed she was truly a faerie from a realm called Avalon.

Now Laurel must risk her life to save Avalon from destruction by Yuki—a rare a...more
Hardcover, 1st Edition, 307 pages
Published May 1st 2012 by HarperTeen (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Destined, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Destined

Can't Wait Books of 2012
42nd out of 2,507 books — 15,920 voters
YA Novels of 2012
24th out of 1,283 books — 10,123 voters

More lists with this book...

Annabelle Marie Veronica
*****FINAL RATING: 4.55 STARS*****

CATCHALL
I've been with this series since the beginning, and I told myself I'd see it through. So I have. While it's had its ups and downs like any other series, I've found it thoroughly enjoyable and this book provided a satisfactory and bittersweet final novel. (It also has Tamani, who practically makes up for any faults, but more on that later.) I absolutely adored it.

THE HEROINE
LAUREL
While I freely admit that I often find Laurel to be too self-sacrificing a...more
Nicole Renee
Jun 05, 2011 Nicole Renee marked it as to-read
OKAY. SERIOUSLY. wtf is she thinking!? 2012?!!!! she cuts us off on THE worst cliffhangar and then waits for 20394823484905840983405983 years (in the booklover's mind) to release the next one!? is she CRAZY?! BAHHHHHHHHHHH someone kill me now -__-
i'm not quite sure if i'm pro tam or david, because in the first two books i was PROPROPROPROOOO tam, but when she broke up with david and i saw how it affected him i kinda toppled, and now i'm not sure WHO i want to win.... and it was a total bitch mov...more
Steph Sinclair

Actual rating: 1.5 stars

Oh, geez this is awkward. I've just finished Destined and can't find a single thing to say about it because it's not very memorable.

No wait. It's all coming back to me now. Mmmmmhmmmm. Let me get my glasses for this one.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Ah, that's better. And yes, there will be spoilers.

I'll be honest and admit that the Wings series has been of a guilty pleasure of mine. It's not the best written book I've ever read or the worst for that matter. But it had a level of entertainment that k...more
Sumaya
P.S... funny how you come back to some reviews and go "I really felt like that?"... I guess its the magic of books ;D

BEFORE READING:

PRO TAM... AHAHAHAHA 'm reading the book and cannot wait to see what happens in the end!!!!
after reading:

MAJOR MAJOR SPOILERS :)

I sat their crying my eyes out... my make-up (thanks to Ms Aprilynne Pike) is messed up, my hair loose, my nose running and my eyes red. I never thought I'd feel so attached to this world of faeries and trolls ... but I feel like it's...more
Hannah-Linn
whoooooo! Finished. That was awesome. perfect ending.
Riv
Jun 04, 2011 Riv marked it as to-read
Shelves: 4th-of-series
2012!!!! That's a joke. That's got to be a joke. I need to know who she picks!!! Rah! This is one love triangle that I adore.= and has really kept me guessing.
Team Tam all the way!
Chlo
OMG!!! MOREEEE :D :D :D
Sorry to disappoint every1, But I'm pro david!!! She should stay with him for a while and then after awhile end up with tam. Either that or she should go back to the academy and meet some other guy. On second thought, I like that!!

The problem with tamani is that he is pushy and intense, u know!! He is the sole reason she is always forced to choose. I don't blame him for jealousy or liking laurel, but I think he puts too much presure on her...

UPDATE: OMG IT HAS A TITLE!!!...more
Winnie
Hecate's eye! WOW! I LOVED IT! What a book! All I can say is Knockout! Sensational! Smashing! A great ending to a masterpiece and I must say that I am sorry that this series is at its conclusion. But, no worry I will be reading these books for years to come. Destined has everything… war, love, romance, malice, loss, fear, bravery, courage, cowardice, and most importantly friendship and trust; plus, a better future for humans and fey.
Aprilynne Pike is the only author who has woven a tale that mad...more
Mitch
Admittedly I don't really care for this series that much, books are too 'cute' for me to really appreciate (see the cover, basically), but picked up the first one on a whim, found Pike's spin on fairies and trolls intriguing enough (science, not magic!) if the book's themselves a little slow, and decided to stick it out. Big mistake. But before you berate me for the one star, make sure you've read the real ending to this - David's letter to Chelsea at the very back. It's easy to miss.

Anyway, lik...more
Bella Beverly
Jun 20, 2011 Bella Beverly marked it as to-read
Ergh.

This is torture. She could have at least put more at the end.

Leaving the end with,

Shar's whispered oath was Tamani's fervent prayer.

IS JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Im going to die, if i have to wait until APRILLL.

Well, proooo tam. :))))
Didi
finally! i get to write a real review since posting my expectation below!
let's just start off by saying that it felt like a long time coming this book. and now that it's over, it's almost a loss of sorts.
well, all good series must come to an end, so here it goes. this book without giving too much away could not have ended up any better! it kicked off from the get-go but not to the point that you couldn't follow. there were also points of down-time that enabled the reader to gather their bearings...more
Nicole
2012?!?!?! I cant wait that long! Aprilynne gives the worst cliffhanger and expects usto wait that long?!?! I love her, but she's gotta be crazy! I've been Pro David since day 1 and I'm obsessed with these books-she has posted that 'some major characters dont make it out' after reporting running, fighting, and death and the whole book lasts about 24 hrs. SOMEONE KILL ME NOW!!!
Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids
It's so hard to say good bye to a series you've grown to love, but let me just say that Aprilynne Pike ended her Wings series on such a bittersweet note. I loved the way she wrapped things up and though some tough choices were made, and I commend her for staying true to the story with everything that happens, including Laurel's choice. There's some great plot twists, shocking revelations and some great swoon worthy scenes between Laurel and.... you'll have to read the book to find out who. I enj...more
Mariya
Oh boy how I loved this book! Its everything I wished this book to be ,though there is so much of sorrow and pain that Tamani went through and any pain that Tam goes through I go through it too! The loss of Shar got me on the edge of tears it was heart breaking how Tamani couldnt stand the thought of loosing his best friend almost a brother. First Shar and then Katya...really sad. Its a good ending of this book. I never in the history of Wings thought David out of all people would become the her...more
Raghad
Kei Uchiha
Jul 09, 2011 Kei Uchiha marked it as to-read
when I started reading book 1, I kinda was hoping that something would happen to one of the 2, or one of them had false feelings... I sorta have mixed feelings on the subject, but I kinda think Tam and Laurel are soul mates... not to mention if Laurel ever wants to have kids (and not adopt) she'll have to chose another Fae, since faerie reproduction systems are much different then humans (Fae=Plant Human=animal)...
Courtenay
Sep 12, 2011 Courtenay marked it as to-read
What the??? Biggest cliff hanger ever!!! Can't this book be published any quicker I LOVED Illusions but lets not mess around here Laurel and Tam need to be together so set David up with Chelsea so they can geek-out together!
Hayden Casey
Wow. These titles have such nice rings to them . . . and they all match so well!

[Gag. They're so cheesy and . . . gross. And the covers are putrid as well.]

Wings . . .

[I still don't know what's on the cover.]

Author's Note Thanks to Rianne~ for informing me that they're flower petals!

Spells . . .

Illusions . . .

Destined.

[What? It doesn't match the others, and it doesn't even sound good. It's also the title of the new House of Night book! How original.]

I can't believe how excited I am to read this...more
Lauren Jarvis
Okay first time reviewing but SOOOOOOOOO glad this is the book i get to review. I as gifted by a friend an ARC and let me say i am so glad i did not have to wait months after reading Illusions to find out the end of this journey.

So without spoilers I can say only this. As I have read many faerie story and watch them unfold with the young girls destiny or the romantic love triangle, this one ended the with a bittersweet ending. I kept yelling at Laurel throughout the book. And in most love trian...more
Donna {Book Passion for Life}
I’ll admit, I’ve had my up’s and down’s with this series because I’ve always just felt it was just an okay series, but for some reason I kept me going back for more and now after reading Destined; the fourth and final book – I have to say it is definitely the best book out of the series, and Aprilynne Pike definitely pulled out all the stops to make is a mind-blowing finale.

Destined is definitely different from all the other books and the author did a fantastic job with it. This book is set over...more
Kari
Nov 01, 2011 Kari marked it as to-read
Isn't it funny how her name is Aprilynne and the final book comes out in April ? What ? No ?

well ... it was worth a try ,

STOKED FOR DESTINED !:)

EDIT: I just saw the cover. OH.MY.FAIRIES. This is magnificent!
Michelle Madow
Whenever I get to the final book in a series, I'm excited to see how it concludes, and also sad that the story is ending. It's important that a final book is a strong finish to the series, and DESTINED is exactly that! Aprilynne Pike has done a marvelous job of finishing this story. This is a must for any WINGS fan.

DESTINED was a huge change of pace from the rest of the series -- the events all take place mainly in one day. And what an eventful day it is. It's jam-packed with action and adventu...more
Savannah (Books With Bite)
I have read this series since the very beginning before I was a book blogger! An employee recommended it to me when it had just came out. The Wings series is my all-time, hands-down favorite faerie series. Even before I picked up this book my heart was pounding. How in the world can an author make me anticipate a book even before I pick it up?? It isn't just the characters or the plot line. It's the story telling. And Ms. Pike has got that down to a T.

War. The beginning of the end. The plot paci...more
Mehwish naqvi
This book waas amazing just like I expcted to be.I wasnt dissaponted at all by this book.Even though it was kind of sad and HEART-BREAKING,but I still loved it.Before reading this book I was so tensed but in the end I was fully satisfied.This series is the best fairy series I have ever read.I really hate to say goodbye to this series.Arilynne Pike is a great writer and I look forward to read more books written by her.
Jessica
I can't wait until it's released, it's a really long wait. For me anyways, I am so longing to noe wat happens next. I just recently read Illusions and i'm am so like i want to read more more more. I really hope Laurel ends up with Tamani, it would be a dissapointment if she doesn't. Meanwhile i'll read the whole series again. TEAM TAMANI!!!!!
Bailee
I cannot wait 'til 2012 with an ending like that! It's such a cliffhanger and its annoying the crap out of me! By the way I'm so team David! Normally I believe the guy who's known her the longest gets the girl but not for me in this case!
Katy
EDIT FROM APRIL 28, 2012 - Scroll down for the March 28 4-star review

I had to change my review and rating because someone just mentioned to me the letter at the end that I had totally missed! And now I have to change my rating.

I HATE THE END - ABSOLUTELY HATE IT!!! I can't believe Pike did that!!!

This series was originally supposed to be a trilogy, so when I learned she had a fourth book, I didn't have such high expectations for the book because a lot of times, it's a last push, and books like t...more
Booknut
Photobucket

*grins evilly* I will not spoil this book for anyone...yet...but let me just say that it was FANTASTIC!! And yes, you may have noticed Tamani has a shelf named after him. Get over it - he is the cutest fae guy character after Ash and I will obsess over him as much as I want to!:D

Some tidbits about the storyline:
- Laurel's skills as a Mixer are put to the test
- David has more in common with a certain King of Camelot than he ever expected
- Tamani (who is as hot as ever) struggles between his d...more
Kristi-The Book Faery
THE FAERYS VIEW

Destined by Aprilynne Pike is the final book in the Wings series and I’m so very sad about that! I have followed this series from its inception and loved every single word that Ms. Pike has written.

Loving all things Fae, the biggest draw for me is that Laurel, the main character gets to spend time in Avalon aka Faery and it’s just such an amazing world to be in. Ms. Pike has absolutely amazing skills at creating this Faery world that is so rich in detail that I can almost smell th...more
Halla
Dec 12, 2011 Halla marked it as to-read
I. Want. More. Tamani! gah! I love him. Laurel needs to open her eyes and see who has watched over her and adored her for all of her life. Yeah David is a great guy, and any girl would want him, but just not Laurel. hopefully She picks Tam and hopefully David finds a new love and him and Laurel could be friends. but that's just wishful thinking huh? haha
Who will Laurel choose? 120 362 19 hours, 19 min ago
David's letter 13 83 May 04, 2014 06:19AM
Wings Book series...: Destined {Possible Spoilers} 64 156 Jan 09, 2014 07:09AM
who is better? 7 28 Aug 10, 2013 08:26PM
who with who??? 8 26 Jun 20, 2013 04:05PM
what if...? 9 27 Jun 08, 2013 11:15AM
Yuki and Tamani? 9 77 Jun 07, 2013 03:07PM
  • Endure (Need, #4)
  • Sirensong (Faeriewalker, #3)
  • Tempestuous (Wondrous Strange, #3)
  • Endlessly (Paranormalcy, #3)
  • The Wood Queen (The Iron Witch, #2)
  • Shine (Shade, #3)
  • The Iron Legends (The Iron Fey, #1.5, 3.5, 4.5)
  • Destiny (Immortal, #4)
  • The Savage Grace (The Dark Divine, #3)
  • Darkest Mercy (Wicked Lovely, #5)
  • The Immortal Realm (Faerie Path, #4)
  • Wings of the Wicked (Angelfire, #2)
  • Arise (Hereafter, #2)
  • Destiny and Deception (13 to Life, #4)
  • So Silver Bright (Théâtre Illuminata, #3)
  • Perception (Clarity, #2)
  • Arrow (Faery Rebels, #3)
  • Faerie Winter (Bones of Faerie, #2)
2096360
Aprilynne Pike has been spinning faerie stories since she was a child with a hyper-active imagination. At the age of twenty she received her BA in Creative Writing from Lewis-Clark State College in Lewiston, Idaho. When not writing, Aprilynne can usually be found at the gym; she also enjoys singing, acting, reading, and working with pregnant moms as a childbirth educator and doula. Aprilynne curre...more
More about Aprilynne Pike...
Wings (Wings, #1) Spells (Wings, #2) Illusions (Wings, #3) Earthbound (Earthbound, #1) Life After Theft

3 trivia questions
3 quizzes
More quizzes & trivia...
“I'm begging you, to come be with me." And she pressed her mouth against his and murmured against his lips. "Forever."

For a few seconds he didn't respond.

Then a groan escaped his throat and he thrust his fingers in her hair, pulling her mouth back to his with a fierce hunger.

"Kiss me," she whispered. "And don't stop.”
97 likes
“I've loved you for a long time, ' she said. 'But there was always something holding me back. Maybe it was that I was afraid of an emotion that was so consuming. It still frightens me,' she admitted in a whisper.
Tamani chuckled. 'If it makes you feel any better, it scares the daylights out of me on a regular basis.”
87 likes