Start by marking “Kiss of Death (Scarlett Wakefield, #4)” as Want to Read:
Kiss of Death (Scarlett Wakefield, #4)

Kiss of Death (Scarlett Wakefield #4)

Scarlett thought Dan McAndrew's murder was long behind her, but when she and her classmates arrive in Edinburgh for a weeklong field trip, she's startled to be joined by her old St. Tabby's cohorts--and enemies--who are visiting the area on a field trip as well. Even more startling, Callum, Dan's surviving twin, is in the area--and his cold treatment leaves Scarlett wonder ...more
Published May 8th 2012 by Ember (first published May 10th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Kiss of Death, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kiss of Death

Rebecca
Jun 21, 2011 Rebecca rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Scarlett’s back in the final instalment of the Scarlett Wakefield series. I must say that I have had a fun time reading about her adventured and Kiss of Death was just as good as the other three books in the series.
The mystery in Kiss of Death was a little different. This one wasn’t a murder mystery as such; it was more of a who is trying to commit murder mystery. It had me guessing all the way through, there were a few people I had suspected it to be. Well, to be honest I even suspected Taylor,
Lara
Yeah, so I sort of feel like this is one of those series I should be totally embarrassed about liking so much, but whatever, guys! I like Scarlett--even though sometimes she's mean and dumb, it's in a fairly realistic kind of way. And I really love her friendship with Taylor, and also totally like her with Jase. The big reveal of this one is kind of...ok, a little over the top, but I like the way things end up over all. I will also forgive Lauren Henderson for talking about MySpace--ha!

Anyway, I
Mikuyo Tirakis
Mar 07, 2017 Mikuyo Tirakis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
ABSOULUTLY MARVOLUS I AM IN LOVE WITH JASE AND SCARLETT.
Pauline
I liked it... but I think it was better if I'd first read the other parts
Amy Lignor
Sep 16, 2011 Amy Lignor rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is truly a great finale to the Scarlett Wakefield series that includes, Kiss Me Kill Me; Kisses and Lies; and Kiss in the Dark.

When we begin, Scarlett and her best friend Taylor are sitting among their class of girls from Wakefield Hall…and all they want is for death to come quickly. Their class has gone on a weeklong field trip to Edinburgh, and Scarlett can’t be happier. She needs more than anything to leave behind the tragedy of Dan McAndrew’s murder. The crime was, of course, solved, b
Crawfore
Sep 13, 2012 Crawfore rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
■■The Kiss of Death by Lauren Henderson was really quite enjoyable. The setting is Edinburgh, Scotland during school spring break. I would classify Kiss of Death as fiction with heavy touches of mystery and suspense. This work is the final installment in a series that Lauren Henderson entitled Kiss Me Kill Me. Another classification used to describe this work by Ms.Henderson is “tart noir.”

The young heroin in the story is Scarlett Wakefield. She is a student at the elite Wakefield HS for Girls,
Jenny
Sep 03, 2011 Jenny rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2011

Kiss of Death is the awesome conclusion of the four book series regarding Scarlett Wakefield. The whole thing started with a kiss. Her first kiss. And the guy, Dan, died immediately right there in front of her. Since then Scarlett has been determined to discover the true reason Dan died. And in book three she gets the culprit through a series of fantastic events which shoot the door wide open on her own mysterious past. Why did her parents die & leave her orphaned? This book has all the answ

Ashley Yuan
Well to be honest it wasn't my fave Scarlett Wakefield but it was good! The ending is happy which was something I expected and the book wasn't that short but some parts were kind of boring. I thought the book was a bit melodramatic and everytime there's a killer it always has to do with inheirting something.
Scarlett and her Wakefield friends r on a school trip to Scotland and there we meet up with all the previous characters in the series. There is Luce and Alison scarlett's ex BFF, all the pop
Miranda Merrill
Mar 29, 2012 Miranda Merrill rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the fourth and final installment of the Scarlett Wakefield series by Lauren Henderson. In this book Scarlett travels to Edinburgh on a school trip hoping that Dan McAndrews murder is finally behind her, but when she and her classmates arrive she is shocked to be joined by her old friends and enemies from her old school St. Tabbys. The School she attended before Dans murder. As Scarlett and the girls explore all the sites Scarlett is attacked on numerous occasions proving that someone is ...more
Paty
Jun 26, 2012 Paty rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Jannat Bhat
Kiss of Death is the fourth and final book in the Scarlett Wakefield series.This is a great book. Anyone who likes realistic fiction, romance, and mystery would die to read this book.This is because Scarlett's life gets pretty complicated in this book.The nonstop action and suspense keeps readers engaged from page one all the way to the end. There are mysteries, lies & secrets.

Kiss of Death finds Scarlett and Taylor on a school trip to Edinburgh. There, they encounter Callum McAndrew.Scarle
May 31, 2011 Jennifer rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kiss of Death is the fourth and final book in the Scarlett Wakefield series.

It was a nice ending to a good series. I've always liked Scarlett and she did not disappoint in this final installment.

This book was set in Edinburgh where Scarlett's current school Wakefield Hall and her old school Tabby's were taking a field trip. What an interesting way to bring all the characters together, which included Callum McAndrews (Dan's twin brother).

At the end of book 3 Jase (Scarlett's boyfriend) took off.
Linda
Jul 25, 2011 Linda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
The final book in Wakefield series, was slow going for me in the beginning, get's pretty interesting half way through. Romance and suspense.

Scarlett thinks someone is trying to killer, and she's seeing shadow's following her, but no one believes her.
Callum is playing at a concert Scarlett is attending on a school field trip,he see's in the audience and sends someone for her, she remembers their last kiss,does he?
They didn't think they would ever see each other again and she's still dating Jase,
krystal
Oct 02, 2013 krystal rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Decent, tight plot observant enough to make great points about British aristocracy (in my humble and likely misinformed opinion, anyway) but not self-aware enough to make any point a subtle one. Also it starts to get annoying when descriptions of the characters' personalities go downhill from class struggle backstory study to depending on physical characteristics to make a point.

(view spoiler)
Romita Puruswani
Jan 20, 2016 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Having encountered three corpses in rapid succession, and then lost her boyfriend while he attempts to find himself, Scarlett hoped a week in Edinburgh would cheer her up. While her reconnection with a handsome musician (who also happens to be heir to an impressive estate) provides a pleasant diversion, she also finds her trips to historic sites interspersed with a less pleasant distraction: attempted murder. The greater immediacy of the threats make this the most exciting mystery of the series, ...more
Karin
May 19, 2011 Karin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chicklit, teen, mystery
This was only my 2nd Scarlett Wakefield (I had also read #2 a while ago), and I loved it as much. Don't know why these don't get more press - hilariously funny boarding school chick lit with \intriguing mysteries built in. Kind of a combination of Ruby Oliver's humor with a British boarding school sensibility. And just the right amount of romance. Highly recommended!
In this one, Scarlett travels to Edinburgh on a school trip, run into some old classmates and an old crush and has a couple near-de
Krista
Aug 24, 2011 Krista rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery, young-adult
Inna
Nov 07, 2011 Inna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVED THIS SERIES!!! Kiss of Death was the last book in the Scarlett Wakefield sereis, and let me just say: this was one of my favorite series. The author just sucks you in from the minute you start the book, until you HAVE to finish reading to see what happens. I love the fact that this is a mystery/romance series, with the romance being not too heavy, so even if youre not that big of a fan of romance, you would still like this book. Definitly read it!!! :)
Carrie
Jan 14, 2011 Carrie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
This is the fourth (and final) in this series. This is a good thing. Overall, I have enjoyed this four-book series. The books are realistic, and Scarlett is an awesome character. I do recommend starting at the beginning if you plan to read them, and the first two are the best.

Further thoughts at http://dogearedandwellread.wordpress....
Maren
Oct 15, 2011 Maren rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, 2011
Even if you can predict the ending, getting there is entertaining. Setting the final book in Edinbrough was perfect - again with the windy, green landscapes and boys in kilts and Aran sweaters! Everything ties together pretty well and this final Scarlett Wakefield mystery is a good ending to the series.
Dorise
Jul 15, 2015 Dorise rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this series. It is a quick and easy read, but with a good portion of action and romance for a YA girly book. I'd recommend to read the books during a readathon or before you want to sleep. You don't have to think a lot with this read. But if you are looking for more depth, seek something else.
Anne
Jul 21, 2011 Anne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult, mystery, 2011
Scarlett is in Edinburgh with the Wakefield School girls. Turns out that the St. Tabby's girls are here, too. And someone from one of those places is determined that Scarlett shall not make it back home.

final book in the series, bringing all the characters back together to tie everything up. a fun read, good for those looking for a contemporary mystery.
Alex
Dec 08, 2010 Alex rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I forgot how much I enjoyed the Scarlett Wakefield books until I started reading this one. I don't know what it is about Scarlett, but I just love her.

This was a great last book in the series, and wrapped up all the loose ends. I was very satisfied with the ending!
Elayna
May 13, 2011 Elayna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Michelle Arrow
Having the be the finale is a good thing, it's the perfect length with the absolute perfect ending. I'm so proud of what this series came to be. Scarlett became a much independent young women who has gone through a lot, including love and death. I'm so proud of this beautiful masterpiece. <3
Chloe
May 04, 2011 Chloe rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some of the characters r slightly exaggerated so its hard to relate to them and the author is writing in 1st person so sometimes she jumps around scenes which makes it very confusing to know whats happening and what happened.
Good series and I'll probably read other stuff by her.
Madison
Jan 08, 2011 Madison rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Aww. :) what a happy ending! Reading the end, I was so grateful. To see Scarlett's journey coming to an end. Now all she has to do is lead a careless teenager's life. I'm so happy for her. I can't wait for the new series that's talked about in the authors note!
Kathy
May 19, 2011 Kathy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime-mystery
It was good but not great. A little boring in parts, but overall a fitting end to the series. I was glad to see her finally tie all the characters together from the pervious books. A bit perdictable, but you have to love a happy ending!
Dolores
Dec 12, 2011 Dolores rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the final book in the series and I'm going to miss Scarlett. This has been such a terrific mystery series. Full of humor, romance, adventure and just plain fun. But I'm glad Scarlett got her happy ending and I'm looking forward to Henderson's next book.
  • The Trust (Secret Society, #2)
  • The Lucky Kind
  • Haunted (Dreaming Anastasia, #2)
  • Polissena del Porcello
  • The Siren's Cry (The Otherworldlies #2)
  • Tighter
  • Exile (Aurelia, #2)
  • Starstruck
  • Angels Lie (Angels on Sunset Boulevard, #2)
  • Nocturne (Claire de Lune, #2)
  • Phoenix (Beautiful Dead, #4)
  • Vicious Little Darlings
  • According To Hoyle
  • She Said/She Saw
  • The Summer I Got a Life
  • Duelling Princes
  • Kiss & Blog
  • Last Breath (Body of Evidence, #9)
Born in London in 1966, Lauren Henderson read English at university and then worked as a journalist for - among other publications - the New Statesman, Marxism Today, the Observer and Lime Lizard, a much-mourned indie music magazine. Lauren now divides her time between Italy and London and, when not wine-tasting, writes full-time.
More about Lauren Henderson...

Scarlett Wakefield (4 books)
  • Kiss Me Kill Me (Scarlett Wakefield, #1)
  • Kisses and Lies (Scarlett Wakefield, #2)
  • Kiss in the Dark (Scarlett Wakefield, #3)