Start by marking “Milkshake” as Want to Read:
Milkshake

Milkshake

3.3 of 5 stars 3.30  ·  rating details  ·  20 ratings  ·  7 reviews
On the day David Turner is supposed to emigrate to New Zealand, he witnesses a savage murder and becomes caught in a ruthless global conspiracy.

A thirty year-old technological discovery threatens his own future and jeopardises the lives of millions of others as David discovers that starting a new life is about to become a deadly game of cat and mouse... and cows.

Modifying
Kindle Edition, revised cover, 260 pages
Published December 23rd 2013 (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Milkshake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Milkshake

Craig Sisterson
On the day David Turner is supposed to emigrate to New Zealand, he witnesses a savage murder and becomes caught up in ruthless global conspiracy. A thirty year-old technological discovery threatens his own future and jeopardises the lives of millions of others as David discovers that starting a new life is about to become a deadly game of cat and mouse... and, somewhat surprisingly, cows.

A relatively enjoyable, if flawed, debut thriller. There is a good narrative drive, and plenty of action - b
Ian Ellis
This book does what all thrillers should - it keeps you hooked and ensures you keep turning the pages.

At first, it all seemed a little unlikely, but as the story progressed the possibility that such an imperialistic move could be made in the fight for alternative fuel products became frighteningly feasible. Especially when you find out who is behind it. Let's face it, who else could it be?

Matt Hammond also paints a fabulous picture of New Zealand. So much so that I shall be serously considering
Beaulah Pragg
An interesting tale of conspiracy set in the very contemporary political climate between the USA and New Zealand, Milkshake was a fast-paced and fairly easy read. I enjoyed the premise - that New Zealand had been chosen by the US as an off-shore bio-fuel production plant and all that was left was to take it over subtly (using such techniques as buying the ground from under us and influencing immigration and emigration). Given that I had no knowledge of the science behind their plans, I accepted ...more
Anand
Three and a half stars actually! For a debut novel, it is a good read. The language is lucid and proper British English, with no use of slangs or street lingo, and I immensely enjoyed this fact.

However, the novel loses out on a complex plot. It tries to be a bit of everything- science fiction, action and adventure, international espionage and spies, and international politics. The result is that no one item gets the full treatment it individually deserves, and makes the plot complex and confusi
James Sorensen
Set in New Zealand this is the story of turning milk into fuel. The U.S. Government is implementing a plan that undermines the New Zealand Government in order to solve the American dependence on foreign oil. Unsuspecting immigrants are bringing illegal funds into the country that will be used to finance this plan. Once instituted this plan will destroy the pristine beauty of this wonderful nation and may also end upkilling the citizens of New Zealand.. But an underground group is working with on ...more
Alejandro Canton-Dutari
I must say that I was enthralled while reading perfect Queen's English laced with a bit of Maori.
Apart from a frightingly believable if -no-so-easy-to -follow plot, initially, the author gibes the reader a good insight into the Maori culture. Thre thriller maintained a good crescendo with its proper final bang.
After reading this book I have included new Zealand in my to-visit list and Mr. Hammond among my to-read authors.
Mark Palmer
This is a well-written thriller on an original theme. While it does stretch credibility at times, what good thriller doesn't? Kept me guessing right till the end who were the good guys and who were the bad guys, and I definitely had to know how it all turned out. I would read more by this author, not least because it was so original and different from other thrillers.
Tori
Tori marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
Dolores Gehring
Dolores Gehring marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2014
Say_9
Say_9 marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
Sandie Bishop
Sandie Bishop marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2014
Kkmcwhirt
Kkmcwhirt marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
Constantine
Constantine marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
Bev
Bev marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2014
Lori Carlson
Lori Carlson marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Irene
Irene marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2014
Monica
Monica marked it as to-read
May 24, 2014
AJ Wilcox
AJ Wilcox marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
Tricia
Tricia marked it as to-read
May 07, 2014
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
May 03, 2014
Printemps
Printemps marked it as to-read
May 02, 2014
Cyndi
Cyndi marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2014
A.L. Butcher
A.L. Butcher marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2014
Bev
Bev marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2014
Evelyn Murphy
Evelyn Murphy marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2014
Lexica
Lexica marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2014
Pbwritr
Pbwritr marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Matt Hammond was born in London and spent much of his life in the UK before emigrating to New Zealand in 2002.

Inspired by the scenery and the laid back Kiwi lifestyle, he began to develop a fully-fledged fast-paced ecologically-inspired thriller, 'Milkshake'.

In December 2013 he published the sequel 'The Destiny Stone' and is now working on the third and final book in the trilogy.
More about Matt Hammond...
The Destiny Stone - 2014 ABNA Entry The Destiny Stone