Start by marking “The Mindfulness Solution to Pain: Step-By-Step Techniques for Chronic Pain Management” as Want to Read:

In The Mindfulness Solution to Pain, the authors modify Jon Kabat-Zinn's original mindfulness based stress reduction (MBSR) program to create a new program they call mindfulness based chronic pain management (MBCPM). This book will provide a clear, class-by-class breakdown of the MBCPM program, which has evolved over the last five years of clinical use.

From the outset, the

Published May 1st 2007 by New Harbinger Publications

To ask other readers questions about The Mindfulness Solution to Pain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mindfulness Solution to Pain

Kimbo
Aug 15, 2013 Kimbo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The writing style can be a little awkward at the beginning of the book, but if you suffer from chronic pain, this book is filled with lots of actionable tips, ah ha moments, and scientific studies to back up their viability. Acknowledging our mind-body systems are intimately connected when it comes to pain management is important and this book elegantly illustrates this point and teaches people how to get a handle on managing health at both levels. Read with an open mind and also see your doctor ...more
Fusun Dulger charles
I have two chronic disease and this book helped me like no other books I read on the subject.
A must for anyone I pain.
Kimberlie
Well, it was fine, but it wasn't really anything that new to me. I suppose I have been living "mindfully" for a while now, but I just called it " being realistic about my headaches/chronic illness and the limitations that puts on my life". So, I suppose I now have a better phrase, "living mindfully" and that's easier to say. But, there are some good ideas in here, and I did find it helpful to review them.
Meg
A great resource covering a range of important topics for those suffering from chronic pain.
Niqi
Jan 21, 2014 Niqi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Niqi by: niqiarch@gmail.com
This book started out a bit slow and tedious - I fell asleep trying to read it a few times, but once the suggested activities and meditations started it was quite helpful.
Crystal
Crystal rated it it was amazing
May 24, 2014
Whitney Indermuhle
Whitney Indermuhle rated it really liked it
Oct 15, 2014
Kat
Kat rated it it was amazing
Jun 13, 2014
Rebecca Mison
Rebecca Mison rated it it was amazing
Jan 28, 2016
Jessica Edelman
Jessica Edelman rated it really liked it
Mar 17, 2017
Robert E
Robert E rated it it was amazing
Jun 12, 2012
Joshua Sandeman
Joshua Sandeman rated it really liked it
Mar 27, 2016
Jackie Sanflippo
Jackie Sanflippo rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2015
Janet Balabanovic
Janet Balabanovic rated it really liked it
Sep 01, 2014
David Heatherly
David Heatherly rated it really liked it
Dec 04, 2014
Jan Zimmerman
Jan Zimmerman rated it it was amazing
Oct 19, 2014
Pascal Brejcha
Pascal Brejcha rated it really liked it
Feb 22, 2015
James Staudenmeier
James Staudenmeier rated it it was amazing
Dec 07, 2016
Melissa K. Nicholson, LMSW
Melissa K. Nicholson, LMSW rated it it was amazing
Jan 13, 2013
Susan Schouwstra
Susan Schouwstra rated it really liked it
May 09, 2014
Melissa
Melissa rated it really liked it
Nov 03, 2014
Ani
Ani rated it it was amazing
Aug 02, 2013
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez rated it it was amazing
Sep 21, 2015
Shalom
Shalom rated it it was amazing
Aug 11, 2011
Natalie
Natalie rated it really liked it
Jan 01, 2016
Angie
Angie rated it liked it
Nov 09, 2013
Ella
Ella rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2016
Christine Curtiss
Christine Curtiss rated it liked it
Aug 15, 2014
gail
gail rated it it was amazing
Jun 12, 2014