Start by marking “Think Like a Publisher” as Want to Read:
Think Like a Publisher

Think Like a Publisher

A Step-By-Step Guide to Being an Indie Publisher. Written by Dean Wesley Smith, USA Today Bestselling writer and former publisher of Pulphouse Publishing. Point-by-point, Dean tells you what is needed to start up a publishing house and sell your books both electronically but also to bookstores.
Nook, 146 pages
Published August 8th 2011 by WMG Publishing (first published March 28th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Think Like a Publisher, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Think Like a Publisher

Rita Webb
Oct 17, 2011 Rita Webb rated it liked it
The material in this book is helpful for any would-be self-publisher/indie-publisher, but I think it would also be useful to writers too. It's good to understand every aspect of the writing business, even if you aren't publishing.
Johanna Rothman
Jul 11, 2013 Johanna Rothman rated it it was amazing
Required reading for indie authors.

If you are an indie author, do yourself a favor and buy this book. You don't have to agree with everything he says. But reading it will provide you valuable insight about what you could be doing.

Are you treating your writing as a business? You'd better be. Do you think of yourself as a publisher? You'd better be. Do you know how? If not, Dean explains how to in this book.

He provides step-by-step instructions for the basics, and some of what I thought were the n
Camilo Colorado
Dec 22, 2014 Camilo Colorado rated it liked it
The information presented in this book was extremely helpful there just wasn't much of it. The book was short and there were many questions left unanswered for me. I understand a book can't cover every idea about publishing out there, but it can try.
Doug Ingraham
Aug 16, 2016 Doug Ingraham rated it really liked it
Dean's book on self publishing is a good intro into the mentality of what it takes to publish your work. It's less of a how to guide and more of a general discussion of what you need to do to become a successful self published author. Full of wisdom and life lessons, I would recommend it as light reading for anyone who is thinking about getting into the self publishing game.
Adam Ross
Nov 03, 2012 Adam Ross rated it it was amazing
Shelves: on-writing
When it comes to books on the whole process of publishing for indie writers in this new world of publishing, there is no better book. Smith covers everything a writer should know about the realities of publishing (having run the fifth largest publisher of Sci-fi, Fantasy and Horror in the U.S. for five years, he knows his stuff too).
Julie Day
Aug 31, 2012 Julie Day rated it it was amazing
I really liked this ebook. It made me start thinking of myself as a publisher, and I have begun a schedule of publishing and writing, and made me think of what else I have in mind to write and publish.
Dav
Dav rated it really liked it
Jun 03, 2016
Craig Krohn
Craig Krohn rated it really liked it
May 31, 2016
Sara S
Sara S marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2016
John Sullivan
John Sullivan marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2016
Barb Rude
Barb Rude rated it really liked it
Jan 12, 2016
Tonks
Tonks marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2015
James Beers
James Beers marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2015
Tracy Cooper-Posey
Tracy Cooper-Posey marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2015
Joe
Joe rated it it was ok
Jul 26, 2015
Michelle Cheri
Michelle Cheri rated it really liked it
Jul 04, 2015
Vivian Wolkoff
Vivian Wolkoff marked it as to-read
lester r dalley
lester r dalley rated it liked it
Michael Coorlim
Michael Coorlim rated it really liked it
Juli Monroe
Juli Monroe rated it really liked it
Feb 05, 2015
Herford
Herford rated it it was amazing
Jan 08, 2015
Mark Alger
Mark Alger rated it it was amazing
Jan 03, 2015
Brian Switzer
Brian Switzer marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2014
Jon-Paul
Jon-Paul rated it really liked it
Dec 08, 2014
Carl Plumer
Carl Plumer rated it really liked it
Dec 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Pen Names
Edward Taft
Dee W. Schofield
D.W. Smith
Sandy Schofield
Kathryn Wesley

Dean Wesley Smith is the bestselling author of over ninety novels under many names and well over 100 published short stories. He has over eight million copies of his books in print and has books published in nine different countries. He has written many original novels in science fiction, fantasy, mystery, thriller, and r
More about Dean Wesley Smith...