Start by marking “What the Bible Says about Love Marriage & Sex: The Song of Solomon” as Want to Read:
What the Bible Says about Love Marriage & Sex: The Song of Solomon

What the Bible Says about Love Marriage & Sex: The Song of Solomon

4.22  ·  Rating Details  ·  41 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
With roughly a third of all marriages ending in divorce, there's never been a better time for this refresher course in the true meaning of a successful union. As New York Times bestselling author Dr. David Jeremiah reminds us, it's a biblical truth: Sex and passionate, romantic love are God's ideas!

Nothing rivals the beauty of the writing in the Song of Solomon-- and nothi
Published April 10th 2012 by FaithWords (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about What the Bible Says about Love Marriage & Sex, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What the Bible Says about Love Marriage & Sex

Paul Gunderson
Apr 25, 2011 Paul Gunderson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
what an awesome book. this is one I'll be buying and passing out to friends who are married and friends who are yet to be married. Now I want to read the "Message" version of Song of Solomon. I wish I knew and could read it in the original hebrew. David Jeremiah does a great job of explaining what different phrases meant in those days and how we can apply the concepts in our day. We need more people like David Jeremiah who are willing to talk freely about the true meanig of Love, Marriage and Se ...more
Stacy Williams
Apr 21, 2013 Stacy Williams rated it really liked it
My wife and I read through this book together. It's was very good. There were places that we thought drug a bit, but overall it was wonderful. I highly recommend the book, with the suggestion that couples read it together!
Lucy Delaney
Sep 11, 2015 Lucy Delaney rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
While I appreciate the intentions of the book, and many of the anecdotal stories provided in it (especially the one of the man who paid and exorbitant dowry for his wife because he always wanted her to know her amazing worth in his eyes), it was long winded and I had a hard time getting through it. It honestly felt like there was a word quota that had to be reached and the extra words were filler just to get there not to emphasize the points.
I made it about half way before I called it. As a rom
Edward Ortiz
Sep 23, 2012 Edward Ortiz rated it it was ok
My rule about books is that if I don't get interested within the first 50 pages then I stop reading it. Since I received the book as a gift I decided to read through it anyways. The book is one of those that stretches the topic of sex, from a Christian point of view, even though you can pretty much cover the topic in less that 100 pages, similar to Sacred Sex: A Spiritual Celebration of Oneness in Marriage by Tim Alan Gardner. My bible covers the Song of Solomon in about 8 pages so I do not unde ...more
Jennie
Aug 26, 2014 Jennie rated it it was amazing
As I minister in the local jail a couple times a month, I like to reach them in what they are searching in the Bible during their own private time. Last time I was there one lady asked for info on a relationship of love they way God wants us to love our husbands, and that she's currently studying The Song of Songs and I have this book on my shelf. I'm so thankful so that now I have a solid resource to answer her questions.
January
Sep 07, 2012 January rated it it was amazing
This book has a lot of wisdom for married couples young and old and for those yet-to-be married. A great read that's based on the wonderful book of the Song of Solomon. It gives a wonderful break down that any person can understand of the meaning behind the verses and the courtship and marriage of Solomon and his bride (as well as the ups and downs of their relationship).

James
Feb 01, 2016 James rated it liked it
The ideas presented in this book aren't groundbreaking, but it's good to have a reminder of their importance. What's unique about this book is that it presents these ideas by walking the reader through the biblical book of Song of Songs, and that makes it a fun read.
Carolyn
Apr 21, 2015 Carolyn rated it it was amazing
Best book I've All material based on the Word of God and not man.
Dawn
Sep 23, 2013 Dawn rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2013, 2-stars
the message of the book is good, buy it is so long winded. I found myself reading as fast as I could to finish it.
Tshun
Excellent read!
Mike James
Nov 28, 2012 Mike James rated it it was amazing
Excellent
Gitte
Gitte marked it as to-read
Feb 08, 2016
Sarah marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2016
Patricia
Patricia marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2016
Man Prasad
Man Prasad marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2016
Eden Corbett
Eden Corbett marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2016
Teresa Banks
Teresa Banks marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2016
Seantaneous
Seantaneous is currently reading it
Jan 09, 2016
Margo Kelly
Margo Kelly marked it as to-read
Jan 07, 2016
THERESA BENTON
THERESA BENTON marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2016
Alan
Alan marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2016
Benjamin
Benjamin is currently reading it
Jan 02, 2016
Kendra
Kendra marked it as to-read
Dec 31, 2015
Reyna
Reyna marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2016
Melinda Kugler heflin
Melinda Kugler heflin marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2015
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2015
Mimi
Mimi marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2015
Kelsie Goller
Kelsie Goller rated it really liked it
Sep 23, 2015
  • Sexperiment: 7 Days to Lasting Intimacy with Your Spouse
  • Veneer: Living Deeply in a Surface Society
  • Marriable: Taking the Desperate Out of Dating
  • Holding Hands, Holding Hearts: Recovering a Biblical View of Christian Dating
  • Have a New Husband by Friday
  • Your Words Hold a Miracle: The Power of Speaking God's Word
  • Do Yourself a Favor...Forgive: Learn How to Take Control of Your Life Through Forgiveness
  • Christ's Gifts to Women
  • Motherhood Matters: Joyful Reminders of the Divinity, Reality, and Rewards of Motherhood
  • The Dating Manifesto: A Drama-Free Plan for Pursuing Marriage with Purpose
  • Saying It Well: Touching Others with Your Words
  • Get Married: What Women Can Do to Help it Happen
  • Born Believers: The Science of Children's Religious Belief
  • Indivisible: Restoring Faith, Family, and Freedom Before It's Too Late
  • Mary's Blessing (McKenna's Daughters, #2)
  • Until We All Come Home: A Harrowing Journey, a Mother's Courage, a Race to Freedom
  • Raider's Heart (Backwoods Brides #1)
  • A Faith of Our Own: Following Jesus Beyond the Culture Wars
Dr. David Jeremiah, founder of Turning Point Radio and Television Ministries and senior pastor of Shadow Mountain Community Church, felt God’s calling on his life at a very early age. Born February 13, 1941 in Toledo, Ohio, Dr. Jeremiah was raised in a family deeply committed to ministry. At the age of eleven, Dr. Jeremiah and his family moved to Dayton, Ohio where his father, Dr. James T. Jeremia ...more
More about David Jeremiah...