Start by marking “Cleanse Fire (1st Edition)” as Want to Read:
Cleanse Fire (1st Edition)

Cleanse Fire (The Kinir Elite Chronicles #1)

First Edition - Out of Print
ebook
Published October 8th 2011 by Drachen Geist Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Cleanse Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cleanse Fire

Jesi
Nov 18, 2012 Jesi rated it it was amazing
I have to admit, I wasn't sure I wanted to read this book. I don't read a lot of high fantasy. Not because I have any particular problem with it, I'm just not drawn to it the way some people are. But I have been hearing a lot about this book, so I thought I'd give it a shot. Turns out, that was a good call!

For me, a good book is one that I can connect to emotionally. The book opens with a highly emotional scene where Derac, the Captain of an Elvin military unit called the Kinir Elite, loses his
Charlene Wilson
Oct 10, 2011 Charlene Wilson rated it it was amazing
Burying himself in duty, Captain Derac Vidor tries to forget the death of his beloved wife. Every time his elite team of warrior elves rescues someone and burns the captures' building, however, he relives the gruesome memory. The only thing that can drive it away is diving into his next mission and the love for his country.

He soon finds he doesn't know who to trust as evidence points to a conspiracy aimed at the Kinir Elite with his commander at the head. But, it only starts there. Revenge is i
Danielle Ravencraft
Oct 10, 2011 Danielle Ravencraft rated it it was amazing
Cleanse Fire tells the story of Captain Derac Vidor, an elite elf warrior haunted by the past death of his wife and team mate. Derac soon learns that not even revenge can mend his broken heart. He trudges through life, playing the part of his country’s hero and captain of the Kinir Elite, but on the inside Derac is lonely.

It’s not until a traitor in the Kinir Elite endangers the whole team that Derac is able to push through his past and save the people who are still in his life.

I don’t normally
Heidi
Mar 11, 2013 Heidi rated it liked it
Shelves: own-and-read
This book follows Captain Derac Vidor and his team of the kinir elite. We follow them on there missions and find out there is a traitor tryin to kill them.I wasn't sure at first if I was going to like this book but I actually really liked it. Looking forward to reading the next book.
Majanka
May 23, 2013 Majanka rated it really liked it
Originally published here: http://www.iheartreading.net/reviews/...

Cleanse Fire is written from the POV of captain Derac Vidor, a man tormented by a haunting past who is now in charge of one team of the Kinir Elite soldiers and charged with the task to rescue faeries from a dwarven mine. Derac himself is an elf, which I thought was pretty cool. A lot of times we read about elves in fantasy, but hardly ever does an evil play the main role. Derac has a troubled past, and it shows, as the events th
David Brown
Dec 23, 2011 David Brown rated it liked it
You can’t beat the presence of elves in a fantasy world, can you? The pointy eared race has been prevalent throughout fantasy and myths and with Cleanse Fire: The Kinir Elite Chronicles we have the privilege of their company once more. The first instalment in a series of books, Cleanse Fire is full of action, romance, intrigue, honour and betrayal.

The novel opens with Captain Derac Vidor watching his wife, Maleena, die amidst the flames that engulf the headquarters of the Kinir Elite – a presti
Renee Rearden
Sep 17, 2012 Renee Rearden rated it liked it
Cleanse Fire: The Kinir Elite Chronicles, #1
By Anastasia Pergakis
Ecopy provided by author

Captain Derac Vidor takes pride in leading his team of Elite Kinir warrior elves. Serving his country by protecting the weak and rescuing those in need fill his life—until an act of betrayal threatens not only himself but every member of his team. He will stop at nothing to discover who is trying to kill them and why.

Let me start by saying I enjoyed Cleanse Fire. As a debut author, Ms Pergakis is off to a g
Scott
Feb 01, 2012 Scott rated it liked it
Shelves: blog-reviews
Cleanse Fire is the debut novel of Anastasia V. Pergakis. As can be expected from a first time author there are a few things that I thought could have been done better, but there is an almost unlimited amount of potential for this series and author.

The issues that I found with the book mostly revolve around the characters. There wasn't anything wrong with them, but each member of the Kinir Elite is important and shares the spotlight which leads to a little bit of a lack with all of them. The tr
S.M. Blooding
Jan 22, 2012 S.M. Blooding rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Fantasy like this is hard to write and hard to find. The characters come off the page really well. You can tell that the author spends a lot of time with her characters, understanding who they are, what drives them, how they came to be, because she's able to grasp all these little nuances that just make it easy to sync with them.

The characters themselves are pretty tough! I wasn't too excited over the "they're elves" aspect. LOL! Before vampires, I thought that elves were a little over done. I
Diana Jacobsen
Nov 27, 2013 Diana Jacobsen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cleanse Fire by Anastasia V. Pergakis is a well written high fantasy story with a Tolkienesque feel. The main character, Captain Derac Vidor has lost his wife but duty calls and he must continue in his quest. The battle scenes were reminiscent of a well -planned war. The characters are likeable and exceed an almost human personality, with a three dimensional element. They are not your run of the mill characters, they have been well thought out. A must read for any person who likes dragons, fairi ...more
Joood Hooligan
I absolutely loved this story. I wouldn't call this a simple story, but it was a quick read - for me at least. I couldn't put it down!

From the beginning I found myself drawn to Derac, and wanting to know more about him. Then, as each additional character was added, I found myself wishing to read more about them as well. There's a depth to her characters, including the minor ones, that I don't see very often. She could easily write a spin off on each member of the Kinir Elite and I'd read them al
Linda Andrews
Dec 05, 2011 Linda Andrews rated it really liked it
After the death of his wife, Captain Derac Vidor has devoted himself to the Kinir Elite. He's managed to lead the military strike team while holding himself apart, but that has changed with the arrival of Kie. The attraction puts them at risk as betrayal ripples through Kinir.

Cleanse Fire is full of action. Derac, Kie and the other Elite members rush off from mission to mission until it becomes clear that someone is trying to kill them and they must go on the offensive. The story has what every
Howard Zang
Feb 27, 2013 Howard Zang rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone who lives fantasy.
Recommended to Howard by: The author Anastasia Pergakis
Shelves: fantasy
I'm about 3/4 of the way through this, but I've already asked when the nexzt one is coming out. Since this is book 1, I'm eagerly anticipating the next book in the series. I think this has the potential to become a long running series!!

3/1/2013 - Finished the book and loved the ending!!! Now to wait for the next one!!!! Hurry up Anastasia, PLEASE!!! LOL!!
Haidee
Sep 03, 2012 Haidee rated it liked it
I loved the story line, not to mention elves and warriors. Warrior elves just made my day. I loved the weird spunky Kie and the cute ending. Cool book, cool characters, cool author :)
SciYourFi Team
Jan 27, 2012 SciYourFi Team rated it really liked it
Angela
Nov 16, 2013 Angela rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. Derac Vidor is captain of the Kinir Elite. He has been tasked with helping keep everyone safe from bad forces. But something is happening within his colony and he and his team have been betrayed. However, they don't know by whom or why. He has to figure out who is doing this and how to stop them without losing any of this team members or his sanity.

I really liked this story. I liked Derac and his team. He's smart, he's cunning an
Tracy
Tracy rated it did not like it
Oct 06, 2013
John Aceves
John Aceves rated it it was amazing
Oct 17, 2013
Jeff Beesler
Jeff Beesler rated it it was amazing
Feb 05, 2013
Joood Hooligan
Joood Hooligan rated it it was amazing
Mar 03, 2013
Edith
Edith rated it liked it
Feb 26, 2013
Rhiannon Douglas
Rhiannon Douglas rated it it was amazing
Jun 18, 2013
Bekka
Bekka rated it liked it
Nov 24, 2013
Bruce
Bruce rated it really liked it
Aug 26, 2012
River Fairchild
River Fairchild rated it it was amazing
Sep 24, 2013
Annika Cleeve
Annika Cleeve rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2015
Kurt Chambers
Kurt Chambers rated it it was amazing
Feb 14, 2012
Laura Eno
Laura Eno rated it it was amazing
Jul 20, 2012
Erin Hodgson
Erin Hodgson rated it liked it
Mar 21, 2013
Annette Rowe
Annette Rowe rated it liked it
May 27, 2016
  • Rocket Ship
  • Micah: The Sword of Malachi
  • The Portal and the Panther (Guardians of the Portal, #1)
  • The Girl With Red Hair (The Last War Saga Book 1)
  • Reawakening (The Passage of Hellsfire, Book 3)
  • The Thinking (The Landland Chronicles #2)
  • Summer's Shadow (Sierra Winters and the Void, #1)
  • The Thunderstone (The Houses of Storem, #1)
  • Lover, Divine (Mythos: Gods & Lovers #1)
  • Empath
  • Beastly Manor
  • the Key to everything
  • The Jewel of Kamara
  • Amelia, the Venutons and the Golden Cage (Amelia's Amazing Space Adventures #2).
  • Calasade: Sanguinem Isle
  • Forecast
  • Lunula (Irador Series, #1)
  • The Strings of the Violin (The Hadariah Chronicles #1)
Anastasia knew she always wanted to write. She began at a young age, writing those little stories about the apple tree in the yard. Though her love of stories stayed with her through her poetry stage in high school, she didn’t begin writing novels until she was almost an adult. That’s where she found her true passion.

Her characters visit her dreams – and sometimes during the day – to share their
More about Anastasia V. Pergakis...

The Kinir Elite Chronicles (2 books)
  • Blood Trade