Start by marking “Influence of Love (Influence Shorts #1)” as Want to Read:
Influence of Love (Influence Shorts #1)

Influence of Love (Influence Shorts #1)

A short love story about the angels and devils that sit on our shoulders and whisper in our ears.

Kale is part of the darkness that seeks to corrupt mortals and Ariel is part of the light at the end of the tunnel. They are at odds; their duty to tip the scales in their favor. But sometimes, there’s more to duty than what you know. Sometimes, there’s a greater purpose. And s
Published (first published November 14th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Influence of Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Influence of Love

John
Oct 07, 2012 John rated it liked it
In one word: cute. I love the concept of taking the angel-and-devil characters seen in old cartoons, putting them on someone's shoulder, and then seeing what would really happen. I think it needed more room to develop the romance entirely - more interaction between the characters, mainly - but overall it was an enjoyable read. My main issue was that the story ended around the 50% mark of the Kindle version, the other half being taken up by a book excerpt. That annoyed me to some degree, even tho ...more
M.B. Mulhall
Oct 09, 2011 M.B. Mulhall rated it really liked it
An enjoyable short about an unusual topic. Well, not that love is unusual, but the types of characters are. I'd love to see this expanded into something longer someday. Maybe some human will have the power to notice them and will flick Kale off their shoulder when he tries to make them get fat by eating nothing by junk food! :D
Crystal Gray
Jul 08, 2015 Crystal Gray rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Not sure what I just read

I honestly don't know why I read this. Only good thing about it is that it was short. Don't bother.
Mitsy
Sep 25, 2012 Mitsy rated it it was amazing
Shelves: short-stories
Love it! Influence Of Love is so sweet and different! Two Influencers, one angel and one demon, develop feelings for each other! How unusual! I would definitely read more.
Jessica Cheramie
Jul 06, 2012 Jessica Cheramie rated it liked it
Really would give this a 3.5 rating.
Such a great idea. I've never read anything like it before. Being a short story, I felt like I was able to get to know Kale and Ariel. How creative to write a story about the devil and the angel that sit on our shoulders! Then, to top it off, forbidden love between them. Gotta love forbidden love.

Short stories are tricky to write. I think a short story about love is even trickier. While the characters were well written, the plot was a little confusing. Suspens
Christine Rains
Aug 23, 2016 Christine Rains rated it really liked it
Ariel sits on James' left shoulder with a grand seriousness about her job as an angelic influencer. Kale sits on the right shoulder with a glint of mischief in his grin. They're opposites in every way, but there's something that draws them together.

What an amazingly fun and cute short story. I love the idea of what the little angels and devils on our shoulders who whisper into our ears are thinking, and how they relate to one another. I'd really like to see more in this series. Hint, hint!
Jen (at last!)
Dec 20, 2011 Jen (at last!) rated it did not like it
Shelves: claire
While a cute premise, I found the writing VERY choppy. I had to go back and read parts over again because the author would switch things without letting the reader know why. I found myself asking, "wait, when did that happen?" and then I would realize that the author just skipped it. Weird. Like I said, cute premise, but still needs lots of work.
Filipa
Interesting concept and truly original but it needed much more development. The romance was cute although - yes, you guessed it - very short.
Aimee
Sep 19, 2012 Aimee rated it it was ok
short story, interesting premise, kinda sweet. it wasn't long enough for me to feel invested in either character. perhaps i should stick to longer stories.
Kat
Kat rated it really liked it
May 24, 2012
Caro Campi
Caro Campi rated it liked it
Dec 29, 2012
A
A rated it really liked it
Jan 17, 2017
Kitty
Kitty rated it really liked it
Dec 01, 2011
Vanessa Santos
Vanessa Santos rated it liked it
Apr 21, 2013
Margaret
Margaret rated it it was ok
Dec 27, 2011
Carmen
Carmen rated it did not like it
Jul 11, 2014
Kelly
Kelly rated it liked it
Mar 26, 2012
Lor Rose
Lor Rose rated it really liked it
Aug 25, 2012
Aija
Aija rated it really liked it
Dec 08, 2011
Shelley Chastagner
Shelley Chastagner rated it liked it
Oct 25, 2012
Amanda Butler
Amanda Butler rated it liked it
Aug 29, 2016
Patricia Lynne
Oct 09, 2011 Patricia Lynne added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
Byron
Byron marked it as to-read
Oct 22, 2011
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2011
Asha Butterflys
Asha Butterflys marked it as to-read
Jan 16, 2012
Anne
Anne added it
Apr 19, 2012
Thea Atkinson
Thea Atkinson marked it as to-read
Jul 14, 2012
Emily Sermersheim
Emily Sermersheim marked it as to-read
Aug 26, 2012
Clarke
Clarke added it
Oct 06, 2012
Sara Hogue
Sara Hogue marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2012
Faye {Daydreaming_Star}
Faye {Daydreaming_Star} marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2012
Desiree reilly
Desiree reilly marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2013
Blaine
Blaine added it
Sep 16, 2013
Lucia
Lucia marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2013
noemi
noemi marked it as to-read
Sep 14, 2014
Linda Todd
Linda Todd marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
Dragonr
Dragonr marked it as to-read
Dec 24, 2014
Aarav Maheahwari
Aarav Maheahwari marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2015
Tara Blake
Tara Blake marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2015
Ashley
Ashley marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2016
Lezli
Lezli marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2017
Patricia Lynne never set out to become a writer, and in fact, she never considered it an option during high school and college. She was all about art. On a whim, she wrote down a story bouncing in her head. That was the start of it and she hasn't regretted a moment. She writes New Adult under the name Patricia Josephine.

Patricia lives with her husband in Michigan, hopes one day to have what will r
More about Patricia Lynne...

“I would like it very much if you pulled on something of mine.” Kale” 3 likes