Start by marking “Complete Fritz the Cat” as Want to Read:
Complete Fritz the Cat

Complete Fritz the Cat

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  11 ratings  ·  2 reviews
Published September 28th 1978 by Belier Pr (first published September 1978)

To ask other readers questions about Complete Fritz the Cat, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Complete Fritz the Cat

A. Gamble
R. Crumb:

"Much to my eternal bewilderment, people saw big potential for profit in Fritz, and so he became the star of a bad-taste full length animated cartoon feature film. I tried to fight them, but they rolled right over me like a freight train.

"Fritz became nationally famous...that is, a bastardized, ersatz Fritz became famous. It has always astonished and amazed me that such a thing could have happened to this silly and unambitious creation of my adolescence.

"And so, finally, he had to be 'o...more
Dominick
It's actually not quite complete (missing one story), but it does include a potpourri of stuff, including a Crumb juvenile effort. Given Fritz's reputation, this stuff is surprisingly mediocre. Crumb did much better work. Fritz does have his moments, though--notably the final story, in which Crumb unceremoniously and hilariously retires his long-standing antihero protagonist.
Gabriel Grott medeiros
Gabriel Grott medeiros marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
Pepito
Pepito marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
Oladele Iyanu
Oladele Iyanu marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2013
Stephanie Zuppo
Stephanie Zuppo marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2013
Man Solo
Man Solo marked it as to-read
May 17, 2013
Jorge
Jorge marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2013
Whitney
Whitney marked it as to-read
Dec 12, 2012
Lela Madfis
Lela Madfis marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2012
Evan
Evan marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2012
Manifatso
Manifatso is currently reading it
Oct 10, 2012
Amanda
Amanda added it
Nov 22, 2011
Robert Dennis Crumb (born August 30, 1943)— is an American artist, illustrator, and musician recognized for the distinctive style of his drawings and his critical, satirical, subversive view of the American mainstream.

Crumb was a founder of the underground comix movement and is regarded as its most prominent figure. Though one of the most celebrated of comic book artists, Crumb's entire career has...more
More about R. Crumb...
The Book of Genesis The R. Crumb Handbook Heroes of Blues, Jazz, and Country The R. Crumb Coffee Table Art Book My Troubles With Women