Start by marking “Bad Blood: A Vampire Thriller” as Want to Read:
Bad Blood: A Vampire Thriller

Bad Blood: A Vampire Thriller (Spider Series #1)

3.65  ·  Rating Details  ·  370 Ratings  ·  45 Reviews
"BAD BLOOD is fast, hilarious and sexy. Rain, Nicholson and Night just might have created the coolest vampire since Kiefer Sutherland. The Mount Shasta setting is dreamy. The cult is deliciously creepy. And Spider is as sexy as they come. I was pressing the ereader's 'forward' button so fast that I broke it. Let's hope we hear more from Spider."
—H.P. MALLORY, #1 bestsellin
Nook
Published September 27th 2011 by J.R. Rain (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Bad Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bad Blood

Rebecca Graf
Mar 23, 2015 Rebecca Graf rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Review of Bad Blood

3/23/2015

0 Comments

Vampire hero? It could happen. Well, it does in this story. Spider (yes, that's his nickname) is approached after class one night by a fellow student. She has heard he helps people. What she doesn’t know is that he is a vampire. When she tells him that her father runs a cult that is killing people, he can’t say no. But what he finds is so much more than a crazy man killing his followers.

This isn’t a long book, but it keeps you glued to the pages and the plot
Dana
Jul 19, 2013 Dana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What Happens When you get the minds of J.R. Rain, Scott Nicholson and H.T.Night together? A New Vampire Series with a Hero named "Spider". Spider was "turned" as a late teen and has lived a VERY long time , He has not always been a hero. Spider has done some HORRIFIC things in his life to Feed the hunger. When you live centuries , you learn its NOT the way to exist. So Spider decides to help those in need even if people do think hes a bit odd .... Enter Parker. Spider and Parker go to Night Scho ...more
Mallory Heart Reviews
Jan 26, 2012 Mallory Heart Reviews rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: both YA & Adult Paranormal, Supernatural, Horror, Thriller

I had a little trouble easing into this story (I thought I was dealing with the usual adolescent vampire angst) but by the end of Chapter Two, my intrigue was captured, and my interest was off and running. I’m not an aficionado of vampires of any stripe-but I am of thrillers and mysteries and horrors, and was gratified to find my interests fulfilled. Once I became hooked into the story, the subtle clues pointing to vampire nature became likeable and intriguing. I must say that for a person who d
Oleander
Spider is SO COOL! Fast paced and full of action with some sneaky plot twists. Couldn't read it fast enough. I devoured this book.
Nancy
Oct 31, 2014 Nancy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked the quirky humor of the main character spider, was really fun reading!
Bella Doerres
Nov 17, 2012 Bella Doerres rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I fell in love with Spider. The story is being told by the character himself and is fantastic. The more I learned about the character Spider the more I loved his attitude and ideals. This vamp rocks. Trying to help the professor's daughter leads this vamp down a very interesting trail. He thinks the young lady is a bit helpless and needs a rescuer. Well he gets himself into a cult and almost killed figuring it all out. Based in Seattle he shows that a vamp can care about getting an education by ...more
The BookChick
Book Description:
They call him Spider.

And people come to him when they have a problem. So when teenager Parker Cole approaches Spider at night school, he figures she's just another problem waiting to happen. But then she tells him about her father, who runs a cult called Cloudland based at the foot of mystical Mount Shasta, California.

And then she tells Spider about her best friend, who is now dead, her body completely drained of blood. Spider wonders if the death is the work of a fellow vampire
Denise Keef
Aug 19, 2013 Denise Keef rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bad Blood is an intriguing story by three phenomenal authors. JR Rain, Scott Nicholson and HT Night collaborated to introduce us to Spider. Spider is a centuries old vampire who became an undead at the age of eighteen. His main objective now is to finish the h History class in night school and get an A in it...something that he hasn't been able to do so far in his long life. He meets a fellow student who has a big problem with her father. She tells Spider that her father is a serial killer and a ...more
Jilly
Spider (horrible nickname, I cringed every time I read it) is a vampire, who goes to night school and is trying to fight off the "darkness" in him by doing good deeds.

Honestly, I wasn't expecting to like this. I needed a quick read as a kind of...palate cleanse from the last few books I've read. The story is interesting and the authors done waste any time in getting the action started. Spider's narration could be a little repetitive, but it wasn't too distracting. Overall 3/5.
L.X. Cain
Aug 16, 2015 L.X. Cain rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed, horror
This first installment of the Spider series will have you coming back for more!

I’m not a big vamp fan, so I had my doubts, but Spider, the vamp character in this novella, is so funny, witty, and genuinely appealing that I really enjoyed every moment of reading. The plot takes unexpected twists and turns, and you’ll never guess what’s coming next. I was glued to the pages. Highly recommended!
Tere Fredericks
Disappointing . . . Maybe Next One?

I've read a lot of books by J. R. Rain. Was eagerly expecting this to be as good. It started out that way, but in my humble opinion, lost what it had going for it when it should've picked up. I liked it and will definitely look for the next one (there are two more) and hopefully Spider doesn't run out of steam.
Pauletta Baker
Jul 26, 2015 Pauletta Baker rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I vanta suck your blood......

If you are looking for that, keep moving. This is an updated version of Bela Lugosi and it kicks some butt. Spider, is indeed, a badass in his own right. Having lived for eons, he knows the ins and outs. But, even he can be tricked.
If you enjoy action, adventure and a touch of romance (I said a touch!), you will love this read. I surely did! If I would ever fall for a vampire, please let it be Spider! On to the next in the series. Yeah! I'm addicted and I like it!
Gaston Sanders
Sep 23, 2014 Gaston Sanders rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fairly well written and easy to read...

Fairly well written and easy to read...

I like a good vampire genre book most times, and I had a fairly good time with this one. The story was just different enough to be entertaining and the pace was easy to get into. I had some problems with the main character supposedly being such a hard-hearted fiend but at the same time, being such a sweetheart to the young girl with the family problem. It's readable and entertaining, if you can justify the MC's charact
Mary
Jan 19, 2014 Mary rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bad Blood
If you have read other vampire books of J.R. Rain’s, you will like this one. I could feel his influence over the story. Spider, the loner vampire, asked to help out a fellow night school student, a girl who thinks there is a murderer in her life and is afraid for her sister. Spider can’t help but step in to help, but he gets way more than he bargained for, as do we the readers. This is my favorite of the set of books and has a lot more action than the others. It is a shorter story and w
Cat
Dec 29, 2014 Cat rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle-freebie
A much shorter book than I thought, which was disappointing.

The main character doesn't really inspire any kind of connection, though I thought he was fairly entertaining. The plot was a bit too easy for me to figure out.

Not much going on here so if you want a quick, easy read, this might be for you.
Paul
Dec 08, 2014 Paul rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: h-t-night, j-r-rain
I enjoyed this story and love the books by H T Night. As this book was the collaboration of 3 authors, it has nicely introduced me to the books by J R Rain, Night's brother. I shall certainly continue with the Spider trilogy and hopefully many more by both Night and Rain.
Jen Newman
Decent and entertaining

Feels like a young adult novel more than a serious attempt at vampire lore, but was still a quick and entertaining read. I would have liked more substance and character development, but at least it was fairly well written otherwise.
Fiona Tate
Dec 14, 2015 Fiona Tate rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a different take on the Vampire story for me. I like my Vampires to be "bad" and although this one technically wasn't, he had an ongoing struggle with the two sides of his character that the author portrayed very well. Thoroughly enjoyed it and will probably pick up number two in the series at some stage
Carrie
Feb 07, 2016 Carrie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: na, fantasy, 2016
This was a quick read and pretty entertaining. Not a sniff of PNR to it, just a story about things that happen.

There were some unbelievable bits to it, but it was fast and readable and I'll probably pick up the next ones as they're all on Kindle Unlimited.
Shoulanda August
Dec 12, 2014 Shoulanda August rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this story!

A vampire with a heart, sort of anyway. Staying to himself and yet this wanting to be the hero. He got caught up being noble and could have ended up dead again. Great read and I will read the next installment!
Angie
Aug 21, 2013 Angie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: scott-nicholson
Spider the vampire was great. It was every thing you want in a vampire book. Spider likes to help people, it makes him give in to his bloodlust less, which is good for everyone.

Parker, a fellow student at his Night school comes to him for help, and she seems to be your usual teenager, nothing weird about her, except what she wants help with.

Then he gets pulled in and he wasn't expecting a demon to be involved, just the usual doped up cultists. Spider was brilliant, fast on his feet, fun to read,
Laura Ann Tull
Sep 06, 2014 Laura Ann Tull rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Took me a day to read this. Quick entertaining read. Threw me some surprises. Spider is an interesting character. I think a book on his imaginary past into becoming a vampire would be interesting.
Lisa
Oct 04, 2015 Lisa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent Read

This book was good from the start. Excellent characters and story, some humor and a Darn Fine read. I think anyone who likes vampire stories will love this one.
Judy A. Kuhl
Apr 06, 2016 Judy A. Kuhl rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun read

This was a good book that was interesting and fun. It definitely made me want to read some more about Spider.
angela hook
Was ok

Non stop action, as in it never has any places you can set it down to come back later after sleep etc
Tricia (McAllister) Houseman
decent story, at first. Then it was "hurry up & finish" ... I wasn't happy with the rush job at the end
Tammy Marie Somerville

I'm so sorry but I grow bored with it. I love vampires books. But this one. Again I 'm sorry I really grow bored with it.
Vykki
Sep 06, 2014 Vykki rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: entertaning
This book was definitely different it was a very interesting read. It kept you reading to the very end I recommend this book to anyone who likes a good paranormal.
Fire Raven
A good young adult short story.
Debra Barstad
This book is the first of a trilogy. Bad blood is about a vampire that wants to be a hero and not do as mostly all vampires do and that is kill for the blood. Well this is mostly young adult fiction it was a fast read and enjoyable. I would recommend this to anyone that likes to read about such creatures of the night.
2015 Reading Chal...: Bad Blood: A vampire Thriller by J.R. Rain 1 7 Aug 15, 2015 02:14PM
  • Forever and Always (Vampire Love Story, #3)
  • Head Cases
  • Thicker Than Water (Blood Brothers, #1)
  • The Forgotten Eden (Talisman Chronicles #1)
I'm an ex-private investigator now writing full-time in the Pacific Northwest, where I live in a small house on a small island with my small dog, Sadie, who has more energy than Robin Williams.

As a kid I was always making stuff: skates, skateboards, skimboards, skis, sleds, clothing, furniture, wood carvings, Easter baskets, comic books, you name it. I was the mother of all nerds. Anyway, I think
More about J.R. Rain...

Spider Series (3 books)
  • Spider Web: A Vampire Thriller (The Spider Series: Book 2)
  • Spider Bite: A Vampire Thriller (The Spider Trilogy, # 3)