Start by marking “Darker Than Noir” as Want to Read:
Darker Than Noir

Darker Than Noir

When a mundane mystery needs solving, you call a private detective. But when the mystery involves ghosts, demons, zombies, monsters, mystical serial killers, and a host of other supernatural elements, you call the detectives in this collection. They'll venture into the darkness and hopefully come back out alive. Just remember, they get paid expenses up front, and what they ...more
Published July 13th 2011 by Grand Mal Press (first published July 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Darker Than Noir, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Darker Than Noir

ᴥ Irena ᴥ
Mar 01, 2015 ᴥ Irena ᴥ rated it it was amazing
Instead of rehashing certain parts of each story in this anthology, I will just say that this is one of the best ones I've read so far. There is literally (yes, I used it because it's true) something for every horror short story lover out there. Add a bit of dark humour into the mix, and you're good to go. Plus, you will never know what to expect.

And the best thing? None of the stories is like those you've previously read. As for the content, there is only one single thread that connects them; e
The Shayne-Train
Apr 17, 2015 The Shayne-Train rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This collection of supernatural noir stories was amazing. There was a huge selection of baaaaaad things our intrepid dicks (giggle) had to go up against. There were ghosts, zombies, demons, shape-shifters, alien parasites, and all manner of disturbing beasties.

Some, yeah, I'll admit, some we more noir than others. The noiricity of the stories varied, but I enjoyed all of them. I don't often partake in short fiction anthologies, but this was just the right book to make me question that decision.
Craig Saunders
Feb 12, 2012 Craig Saunders rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great collection, and a really cool premise. Noir fiction meets ghosts ghouls and zombies. There were some real stand out stories in this anthology, which I'll get to, but overall Grand Mal Press has put out another winner.

Check out the opener, Patrick Flanagan's tale - my personal favourite, too. Erik T. Johnson's story was mind-blowingly good, Wine and Spirits from Gregory L. Norris - excellent. I also really enjoyed the Box of Seven Sons, by Kent Alyn, and Randy Chandler's tale, the
Andy
I was expecting something strange and amusing, and I was very surprised. I didn't think it would be so dark. A great read and mildly disturbing. Definitely recommend it.
Bfett25
Bfett25 rated it it was amazing
Oct 10, 2011
Brian Mcclain
Brian Mcclain rated it really liked it
Sep 04, 2016
Karly Smaciarz
Karly Smaciarz rated it really liked it
May 08, 2016
Robb White
Robb White rated it it was amazing
May 17, 2012
Gloria
Gloria rated it liked it
Dec 26, 2015
Ron
Ron rated it it was ok
Aug 03, 2012
Janice L.
Janice L. rated it it was ok
Jan 04, 2014
Mark Spurlock
Mark Spurlock rated it liked it
Dec 14, 2016
Shaun Cordingley
Shaun Cordingley rated it really liked it
Jul 20, 2012
Luis Rodriguez
Luis Rodriguez rated it it was amazing
Apr 17, 2016
Alex
Alex rated it liked it
Apr 17, 2014
Michael
Michael rated it really liked it
Apr 11, 2012
Stephanie G.
Stephanie G. rated it it was amazing
Nov 07, 2014
Mary  Lewys
Mary Lewys rated it liked it
Jan 04, 2015
Nicky
Nicky rated it liked it
Jan 23, 2015
Don
Don rated it liked it
Jun 01, 2012
clarissa tremper
clarissa tremper rated it it was amazing
Jan 01, 2016
Grandmalpress
Grandmalpress rated it it was amazing
Mar 05, 2012
Eileen
May 16, 2012 Eileen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just barely started this collection of short stories, and looking forward to diving in!
Jess
Jess rated it really liked it
Jun 14, 2012
Mark Cicero
Mark Cicero rated it liked it
Mar 07, 2013
Matt Towns
Matt Towns rated it really liked it
Sep 03, 2014
Ann Todd
Ann Todd rated it it was amazing
Dec 29, 2014
Taylor Jeppesen
Taylor Jeppesen rated it really liked it
Nov 19, 2013
Emma Audsley
Emma Audsley rated it liked it
Mar 31, 2012
Saifa
Saifa rated it it was ok
Feb 25, 2012