Start by marking “Bloodstone (A Stacy Justice Mystery, #2)” as Want to Read:
Bloodstone (A Stacy Justice Mystery, #2)

Bloodstone (A Stacy Justice Mystery #2)

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  1,936 ratings  ·  149 reviews
Book Two of the Stacy Justice Series has more magic, more mystery and more twists and turns than your average amusement park.

A long-lost sister.
A missing mother.
And murder.

Stacy Justice finds herself caught in a web of deceit, betrayal and family secrets that run deeper than the Mississippi in this follow up to Annino's debut novel, OPAL FIRE.

Not only must the reluctant wi
Published October 7th 2011 (first published October 5th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Bloodstone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bloodstone

Abby Cooper, Psychic Eye by Victoria LaurieSecondhand Spirits by Juliet BlackwellThe Trouble With Magic by Madelyn AltWhat's a Ghoul to Do? by Victoria LaurieHexes and Hemlines by Juliet Blackwell
Paranormal Cozy Mysteries
141st out of 226 books — 271 voters
Masquerade by Cambria HebertPrecipice by Melissa Luznicky GarrettBefore by Cambria HebertRemembrance by Michelle MadowComing Home by Sarah R. Yoffa
Must Buy Smashwords Books
407th out of 458 books — 448 voters

More lists with this book...

Donna
Nancy Steinle gummel
Anastasia (Stacy) Justice is a witch. Ivy approaches Stacy telling her she's her sister, the warrior. Ivy has red hair and green eyes like Stacy. Stacy's grandmother, Bridie, hides the book and all Stacy's things because she rented out the cottage for the murder mystery involving several of the motels and bed and breakfasts. They find a body of a man stabbed in the back hunkered over the kitchen table. Stacy's friend Leo is a cop. Leo call the medical examiner. The body is on the gurney when the ...more
Lilac Wolf
From Lilac Wolf and Stuff

You all know I love these covers. I wonder if the authors are creating them or paying for a service. Well either way it's eye catching and you can recognize Stacy Justice from the Opal Fire. And yes, please read Opal Fire first, this is the 2nd book in the series.

The story is so fast paced that you barely catch your breath before the next thing happens. But it's not a very long book, so it works for a fast read. Just a couple minor errors, so it's well edited.

What I real
Rebecca
The Stacy Justice series is spellbinding fun! Bloodstone bewitched me from the beginning and I did not want to put it down.

Bloodstone takes place not long after Opal Fire. Ivy, (The maybe sister of Stacy) has convinced Stacey that her grandma Birdie can not know about her yet. So the lot of them go and stay with Chance, Stacy’s high school sweet heart. I was all about this move! I loved Chance from book one, he is a great friend to Stacy and supports her in all her witchy ways.

Stacy does her bes
Elli
Alles so, wie man es vom ersten Teil her kennt, aber noch ein bisschen besser!

Ohne große Umschweife beginnt das neue Mysterium und Stacy Justice ist wieder mitten drin. Und da vom letzten Buch noch einige Fragen offen geblieben sind, ist man auch hier von Anfang dabei und gespannt.

Der Erzählstil ist rasant und witzig, die Geschichte abwechslungsreich, motiviert zum Miträtseln und ist teilweise spannend. Leider sind manche Handlungsverläufe bzw. Auflösungen doch sehr abstrus, deshalb gibt es kein
Kim
Just finished reading the two first Stacy Justice adventures back to back and I must say I'm a little torn. Stacy is the most ineffective witch ever. She's also a total smartass and pretty ineffective at that too since she proves time and again that she's not the sharpest knife on the block - to say the least!

There seems to be a good foundation in cast of characters but I don't see them get utilized effectively in the story. I can't determine whether some of them are supposed to be friends or f
Samantha
Lacey
I really don't know what to think. I thought I was reading another fun cozy mystery series, but more fool me, I guess, for not paying closer attention. This book isn't bad, but since it's not what I thought, I can't say I like it. I don't think I will continue with this series. It might have interested me, but it feels... a little messy? I'm not sure. It may be for you, if you don't go in with expectations and assumptions I did, which I admit is coloring my opinion of it.

*SPOILERS*

The whole Noah
Kristin
Ok, I love this series. It's got some great characters. It was funny, had a good mystery, and two hot love interests. I really wish I didn't keep discovering new authors and having to wait for the next book in the series though. Like Veruka (sp?) Salt, I WANT IT NOW!
*Rachael*
I really like Stacey and her ever growing crazy family!
Debbie
After reading the first book of this series, which was a fairly typical cozy mystery-type book, I expected more of the same with this second book in the series.
Boy, was a wrong! It started out that way, and turned into a wild ride involving lost artifacts, ancient Celtic laws, zombie dust and bat guano, among many other very unexpected twists and turns!
The characters are all quirky,some very endearing, some downright crazy.
I can hardly wait to see what new adventure Stacy Justice finds herself i
Sally906
I read the first in the series ‘Opal Fire’ earlier this year, liked it so much that I immediately downloaded BLOODSTONE (and have now pre-ordered book 3 - Tiger’s Eye). The series is such fun – and it has a Great Dane “…Great Danes are sensitive dogs, highly attuned to human emotions. If you scold them, they’ll hide under the bed for about a week. Granted, you can still see them because the bed will be two feet off the ground, but you get the picture…” Stacy does her best to stay out of trouble, ...more
Donna (BLHmistress)
I just knew when I finished the first book I knew I would love this one just as much as the first. And I was right. It was action packed from the get go and where we were left hanging at the end of book 1, those questions were answered, though we had a wild, crazy ride to get there. I have to be honest I was a bit disappointed with one of the answers. But I still loved this book anyway.

As for the characters, well you all know I just love Stacy, I think even more so in this book, she is so much f
Wendy Cantu
I liked Bloodstone slightly better than Opal Fire, mostly because it, being the second book, was able to launch directly into the action.

The good:

Bloodstone didn’t mess around with formalities and jumped in where Opal Fire left off.

Stacy’s sister, Ivy, was hilarious. I loved her enthusiasm and how she kept sneaking down to The Down and Dirty, hassling Monique. She fit right in.

Likeable Stacy returned! Stacy seems to be coming into her own as a strong heroine.

Lolly. Everyone loves the seni
OpenBookSociety.com
Brought to you by OBS reviewer Heidi

*Beware of possible Spoilers*

Stacy Justice is back in the sequel to Opal Fire by Barbra Annino. Bloodstone picks up right where Opal Fire drops off and Stacy is confronted by young Ivy who claims to be her sister and has the devastating news that their mother is in trouble and needs their help. Stacy doesn’t know if Ivy truly is her sister or not, her mom has been gone long enough to have had another child, but Ivy could be anybody. But she does have the same
Katy
Apr 11, 2013 Katy rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: fans of paranormal mystery, chick lit, those interested in Irish/Celtic lore
Shelves: ebook, tstl-heroines
Spoiler Alert: Again there are unavoidable spoilers in this review. I have hidden them on Goodreads and they will be redacted in my blog, but elsewhere they will remain. You have been warned.

Book Info: Genre: Paranormal mystery/chick lit
Reading Level: Adult
Recommended for: fans of paranormal mystery, chick lit, those interested in witchcraft and Celtic lore and legends
Trigger Warnings: murder, violence, shooting
Animal Abuse: I do not at all approve of how they treat Moonlight, Stacy's cat. She
Jackie
Book Synopsis

A long-lost sister
A missing mother
And murder
Not only must the reluctant witch determine if the teenager on her doorstep is her sister, she’s forced to confront her mother’s disappearance
Michelle
Bloodstone by Barbra Annino is the second book in the Stacy Justice Mystery Series, picking up where the first book, Opal Fire, left off — and once again, Annino expertly weaves a bewitching tale of mystery, intrigue, and family secrets with a good dose of humor to boot.

Bloodstone begins as Stacy’s allegedly long-lost sister shows up with news that their mother is in danger. Stacy needs to get out from under her aunts’ watchful eyes, so she and her sister move camp to her ex-boyfriend’s place; s
Momof3-in an Ash and Cael sandwich
I really enjoyed this...maybe even more than the first one as some of the characters and the basics are already established. I like a little more romance (okay, who am I kidding, A LOT more romance) but these stories are fun, the characters are vivid and different and hilarious and the mysterious are good, I am almost always surprised by some element.
This is the second story in the series and it picks up right where the first one left off. Stacy has broken up with her boyfriend, Leo. Ivy, a you
Melanie
Bloodstone, the second book in the Stacy Justice series starts where Opal Fire left off. A mysterious teenager is on Stacy's doorstep claiming to be her sister.With dealing with her mother's disappearance and keeping a watchful eye on her "sister", Stacy never expected to find a corpse in the kitchen. A family ancestry book holds the key to help Stacy but there's only one problem : the book is missing! She must find that book before it gets in the wrong hands!

Bloodstone is a fun and bewitching a
Brad Haslem
Awesomeness!

As a Wiccan I enjoy reading books on about witches and the craft. Barbra has created a wonderful story line and great characters that you fall in love with. One of the most important things, however, is that she includes an author's note following the book talking about aspects of the story that are factual and explanations about the reasons she chose to include certain Sabbats and truths about Wicca. Bravo!!
Karen B.
oh boy am I addicted to the Stacy Justice books. I read the first two yesterday. What I loved about this second one is the humor. Stacy is always getting herself "dirty" and it's hilarious how she gets messed up. She's strong though and determined to do what's right and seems the perfect one to be the Seeker of Justice. It's a fun read and it seems that each one ends with an intro to the next in the series which makes it addictive.
Mello ❣ Illium ✮Harry✮ ☀Myrnin☀ Torin Ichimaru
Synopsis:

A long-lost sister.
A missing mother.
And murder.

Not only must the reluctant witch determine if the teenager on her doorstep is her sister--she's forced to confront her mother's disappearance--ag
Jeannie and Louis Rigod
I love this series. The latest being Bloodstone should be read after "Opal Fire." The story is a sequel and too much information is in the first book to miss.

Stacy Justice, a Witch learning her powers, finds herself with a young girl (aged 14) that announces herself to be Stacy's Sister. Not only that she is hiding information that only we readers know.

Stacy goes to find out the truth of this matter, only to find herself embroiled in a murder weekend murder or was it? Zombie powder? Well, you ge
Jennifer M
I had mixed feeling based on the reviews, but I really enjoyed this book. Not sure how I totally skipped the first one and went right for the second one but eeeeehhhhhhhhhh. It happens. I definitely will continue this series. As always I love women who are good heroines and of course it was a cliff hanger...bbblllaahhhhh. Must read next book :-)
Lori
Easy summer reading. I like the effort the author has put into researching all the different aspects of Pagan culture, customs, and history. It's an interesting series just in that aspect itself. Sometimes the writing gets a little cheesy, like how nearly every chapter ends with some kind of foreshadowing cliché. I also think she draws a little too close of a comparison with Stephanie Plum from Janet Evanovich's books. Crashing a car in every book, winding up with gross things in her hair, two l ...more
Kristin L.
I loved the first in the series, and the second book did not disappoint! This story has enough twists and turns bundled up with saucy humor to keep you totally engrossed. And Stacy Justice is a hilarious, fun character and I love reading about her! She is a somewhat reluctant witch, and an even more reluctant sleuth. The town on Amethyst is full of wide range of wacky characters, and coming from a small town myself, I can totally relate to how "news" (aka gossip) travels in that type of communit ...more
Kelli
Stacy Justice and the Geraghty Girls are back! The second installment in this tale involves the Seeker of Justice (3 guesses as to whom that is), the Warrior, and the Guardian. These three people are sworn by the Council to protect the first page of the Ballymote book.

In this book we meet some new characters, Ivy, Mr. Sayer, John and Deidre, and more. We also get to learn a little more about some of our favorite characters from the first book, including Stacy and the Geraghty Girls (obviously),
This Is Not The Michael You're Looking For
Unlike the first book (or at least I don't recall this from the first book), Bloodstone uses the pattern of lots of really really short chapters, with each one ending with a dramatic moment. It completely fails to achieve this, however, because too much of the drama is artificial with too many of the chapter breaks contrived (i.e., 4-5 consecutive chapters could have been a single normal chapter). This structure makes much of the story feel more like an outline and less like a complete novel. Th ...more
Twyla
I am disappinted that the covers looks so cheesy, also i am disappointed that the cover looks like michael jackson drag. I was disappointed that the violence of book one carried over to book TWO IN A LARGER PORTION. cant correct caps, sorry. Also disappointed that the bwhole thing was a cover to push christianity. Also the whole timeline betweenbooks aint make a lick of sense.
Ok its the next day and i cant let this go.
What happened to Moonlight? There is a serious amount of detail and encounter
  • A Tale of 3 Witches
  • Rock 'n' Roll is Undead (Veronica Mason, #1)
  • Optical Delusions in Deadwood (Deadwood, #2)
  • One Potion in the Grave ( A Magic Potion Mystery #2)
  • Silenced by the Yams (Barbara Marr Murder Mystery #3)
  • Illegal Magic
  • Pretty Witches All in a Row
  • How (Not) to Kiss a Toad (Cindy Eller, #1)
  • Dead Pan (Daphne Martin, #2)
  • Hexes and Hemlines (A Witchcraft Mystery, #3)
  • Taken (Channie, #2)
  • A Charming Crime (Magical Cure Mystery, #1)
  • Brownies and Broomsticks (A Magical Bakery Mystery, #1)
  • To Kill A Warlock (Dulcie O'Neil, #1)
Barbra Annino is the author of the Stacy Justice Reluctant Witch Mysteries, The Secret Goddess books, The Everafter trilogy, and other fantasy fiction. Sign up for freebies, exclusive content, release dates, and fun stuff at www.barbraannino.com
More about Barbra Annino...

A Stacy Justice Mystery (7 books)
  • Opal Fire (A Stacy Justice Mystery, #1)
  • A Tale of 3 Witches
  • Tiger's Eye (A Stacy Justice Mystery, #3)
  • Emerald Isle (A Stacy Justice Mystery, #4)
  • Phantom Quartz (A Stacy Justice Mystery, #6)
  • Obsidian Curse (A Stacy Justice Mystery, #5)
Opal Fire (A Stacy Justice Mystery, #1) Tiger's Eye (A Stacy Justice Mystery, #3) Emerald Isle (A Stacy Justice Mystery, #4) Obsidian Curse (A Stacy Justice Mystery, #5) Gnome Wars - a short tale

“After I slid down the wall for the third time, breaking every single fingernail in the process, I finally figured out that Thor was hollering at me. I turned to see him standing in the bed of the truck. Which, of course, made much more sense, than pretending to be Spiderman.

It's a humbling moment when you realize your dog is smarter than you.”
7 likes