Start by marking “Bloodstone (A Stacy Justice Mystery, #2)” as Want to Read:
Bloodstone (A Stacy Justice Mystery, #2)

Bloodstone (A Stacy Justice Mystery #2)

3.89  ·  Rating Details ·  2,724 Ratings  ·  186 Reviews
Book Two of the Stacy Justice Series has more magic, more mystery and more twists and turns than your average amusement park.

A long-lost sister.
A missing mother.
And murder.

Stacy Justice finds herself caught in a web of deceit, betrayal and family secrets that run deeper than the Mississippi in this follow up to Annino's debut novel, OPAL FIRE.

Not only must the reluctant wi
Published October 7th 2011 (first published October 5th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Bloodstone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bloodstone

Brenda
Jul 05, 2012 Brenda rated it really liked it
With the astounding news that the young fourteen year old girl standing in front of her may be her sister, Stacy Justice tried to see a family resemblance in Ivy. Stacy knew of her family’s witch tendencies – in fact her grandmother, Birdie was one of the best. But Stacy was reluctant to accept that she also had magic at her fingertips. And now with another family member (not confirmed) also showing signs of the magical talent, Stacy didn’t know which way to turn.

When her arrival at Birdie’s B&a
Donna
Lacey
Star rating: 3 stars

This novel was a jumbled mess. What started off as a decent plot line, quickly unraveled at eighty percent of the way through. The author seemed to decide everything she had written was now going to be completely backwards, so she pulled a 180 degree turn when the book was almost finished. Uuuhhhhhh... Whaaat? Lets just leave my readers in the dust, scratching their heads like idiots shall we? Part of me doesn't want to give this novel 3 stars, but in the end that first 75% o
Maddie B
Apr 19, 2017 Maddie B rated it it was amazing
The only thing that annoyed me was Ivy.
Rebecca
Dec 08, 2011 Rebecca rated it really liked it
The Stacy Justice series is spellbinding fun! Bloodstone bewitched me from the beginning and I did not want to put it down.

Bloodstone takes place not long after Opal Fire. Ivy, (The maybe sister of Stacy) has convinced Stacey that her grandma Birdie can not know about her yet. So the lot of them go and stay with Chance, Stacy’s high school sweet heart. I was all about this move! I loved Chance from book one, he is a great friend to Stacy and supports her in all her witchy ways.

Stacy does her bes
Lilac Wolf
Feb 08, 2012 Lilac Wolf rated it it was amazing
From Lilac Wolf and Stuff

You all know I love these covers. I wonder if the authors are creating them or paying for a service. Well either way it's eye catching and you can recognize Stacy Justice from the Opal Fire. And yes, please read Opal Fire first, this is the 2nd book in the series.

The story is so fast paced that you barely catch your breath before the next thing happens. But it's not a very long book, so it works for a fast read. Just a couple minor errors, so it's well edited.

What I real
Nancy Steinle gummel
Anastasia (Stacy) Justice is a witch. Ivy approaches Stacy telling her she's her sister, the warrior. Ivy has red hair and green eyes like Stacy. Stacy's grandmother, Bridie, hides the book and all Stacy's things because she rented out the cottage for the murder mystery involving several of the motels and bed and breakfasts. They find a body of a man stabbed in the back hunkered over the kitchen table. Stacy's friend Leo is a cop. Leo call the medical examiner. The body is on the gurney when the ...more
Elli
Mar 21, 2015 Elli rated it really liked it
Alles so, wie man es vom ersten Teil her kennt, aber noch ein bisschen besser!

Ohne große Umschweife beginnt das neue Mysterium und Stacy Justice ist wieder mitten drin. Und da vom letzten Buch noch einige Fragen offen geblieben sind, ist man auch hier von Anfang dabei und gespannt.

Der Erzählstil ist rasant und witzig, die Geschichte abwechslungsreich, motiviert zum Miträtseln und ist teilweise spannend. Leider sind manche Handlungsverläufe bzw. Auflösungen doch sehr abstrus, deshalb gibt es kein
Kristin
Dec 06, 2011 Kristin rated it really liked it
Ok, I love this series. It's got some great characters. It was funny, had a good mystery, and two hot love interests. I really wish I didn't keep discovering new authors and having to wait for the next book in the series though. Like Veruka (sp?) Salt, I WANT IT NOW!
☀Rachael☀
Apr 27, 2013 ☀Rachael☀ rated it really liked it
I really like Stacey and her ever growing crazy family!
Laura Henson
May 04, 2017 Laura Henson rated it liked it
"It is highly recommended that this series is read in order." I concur, in the hope that some of the lacks in this volume are remedied in the rest of the series. The story moved forward at an unrelenting pace, but the character work was thin. The author built the mystery on a solid framework, however, in some places the reveal was more like a bolt from the blue. Kudos to the author for research on the historical aspects, and I would love to see Ivy with her own series based on her exuberant jour ...more
Cheryl Liacos-Halstead
Birth Marks

Awesome story! Stacy is busy again with a new mystery related to her being Justice and needing the the Warrior and Guardian. Thor is awesome and Midnight has a part but they make the story interesting. Ivy and John are important characters and their marks are interesting. Try not to laugh too much because Ivy is a teenager who has interesting habits and has fun. In the romance triangle I am rooting for Leo but Chance is different. Enjoy!
Cathy G
May 06, 2017 Cathy G rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished
I love this series, Stacy, Birdie, Lolly, Fiona all witches in Amythest a small town that loves halloween and Pagan holidays, (well some townsfolk do). Stacy is coming to terms with being the Seeker of Justice. Birdie , her grandmother thinks it is about time. Stacy is learning new skills, in the ways of witches, and the ways of trust and love... Two men in her life, Chance her best friend from forever, and 1st boyfriend, in comes Leo, the new Police Chief... let the fun begin.
Swtlvrndrms
Jun 04, 2017 Swtlvrndrms rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Warrior, seeker, guardian

Great read, the story is so packed with things going on times go by so fast while reading it. I love how it's a big puzzle that needs to be solved, as she is finding herself and the truth. Great series!! I'm on to the next¡
Cheryl Karkoff
Feb 04, 2017 Cheryl Karkoff rated it liked it
Funny entertaining little mystery
OpenBookSociety.com
Brought to you by OBS reviewer Heidi

*Beware of possible Spoilers*

Stacy Justice is back in the sequel to Opal Fire by Barbra Annino. Bloodstone picks up right where Opal Fire drops off and Stacy is confronted by young Ivy who claims to be her sister and has the devastating news that their mother is in trouble and needs their help. Stacy doesn’t know if Ivy truly is her sister or not, her mom has been gone long enough to have had another child, but Ivy could be anybody. But she does have the same
Katy
Dec 27, 2011 Katy rated it liked it
Recommends it for: fans of paranormal mystery, chick lit, those interested in Irish/Celtic lore
Shelves: ebook, tstl-heroines
Spoiler Alert: Again there are unavoidable spoilers in this review. I have hidden them on Goodreads and they will be redacted in my blog, but elsewhere they will remain. You have been warned.

Book Info: Genre: Paranormal mystery/chick lit
Reading Level: Adult
Recommended for: fans of paranormal mystery, chick lit, those interested in witchcraft and Celtic lore and legends
Trigger Warnings: murder, violence, shooting
Animal Abuse: I do not at all approve of how they treat Moonlight, Stacy's cat. She
Mar 09, 2017 Jennifer rated it liked it
I found it entertaining.
Kim
Just finished reading the two first Stacy Justice adventures back to back and I must say I'm a little torn. Stacy is the most ineffective witch ever. She's also a total smartass and pretty ineffective at that too since she proves time and again that she's not the sharpest knife on the block - to say the least!

There seems to be a good foundation in cast of characters but I don't see them get utilized effectively in the story. I can't determine whether some of them are supposed to be friends or f
Frank Bertino
Feb 27, 2017 Frank Bertino rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Celtic Danger

Stacy is in mortal danger again. She is competent, strong and a powerful witch. She still denies her power and thus increases the problem quotient. Chance has replaced Leo as her male interest, sort of. She doesn't like being told what to do. A 14 year old girl identifies herself as Stacy's sister and they work together to find the truth. An interesting cliffhanger at the end sets me up to read the next book.
Roderick Baxter
Feb 25, 2017 Roderick Baxter rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Entertaining

I must say that I am enjoying the Stacy Justice Mystery series. Barbara Annino has a bubbly style to her writing. Most of the characters have a certain quirkiness to them, that makes them interesting.
The plot just ticks over nicely. I find myself smiling at the humour, as Stacy quips her way blindly, through the adventure.
Rebecca Graf
Apr 14, 2016 Rebecca Graf rated it it was amazing

Are you looking for a book that has mystery, adventure, and something to make you chuckle on nearly every page? This might be the very book you are looking for.

This is the story of a young woman who has moved back home amidst a slew of unique characters she calls family and friends. Her grandmother and aunts are dragging her kicking and screaming to face her destiny of being the Seeker of Justice in a league of witches. She is called to protect their heritage and those around her. While she adm
Jackie
Book Synopsis

A long-lost sister
A missing mother
And murder
Not only must the reluctant witch determine if the teenager on her doorstep is her sister, she’s forced to confront her mother’s disappearance
Momof3-in an Ash and Cael sandwich
I really enjoyed this...maybe even more than the first one as some of the characters and the basics are already established. I like a little more romance (okay, who am I kidding, A LOT more romance) but these stories are fun, the characters are vivid and different and hilarious and the mysterious are good, I am almost always surprised by some element.
This is the second story in the series and it picks up right where the first one left off. Stacy has broken up with her boyfriend, Leo. Ivy, a you
Wendy Cantu
I liked Bloodstone slightly better than Opal Fire, mostly because it, being the second book, was able to launch directly into the action.

The good:

Bloodstone didn’t mess around with formalities and jumped in where Opal Fire left off.

Stacy’s sister, Ivy, was hilarious. I loved her enthusiasm and how she kept sneaking down to The Down and Dirty, hassling Monique. She fit right in.

Likeable Stacy returned! Stacy seems to be coming into her own as a strong heroine.

Lolly. Everyone loves the seni
Sally906
Jan 20, 2012 Sally906 rated it really liked it
I read the first in the series ‘Opal Fire’ earlier this year, liked it so much that I immediately downloaded BLOODSTONE (and have now pre-ordered book 3 - Tiger’s Eye). The series is such fun – and it has a Great Dane “…Great Danes are sensitive dogs, highly attuned to human emotions. If you scold them, they’ll hide under the bed for about a week. Granted, you can still see them because the bed will be two feet off the ground, but you get the picture…” Stacy does her best to stay out of trouble, ...more
Donna (BLHmistress)
Aug 18, 2012 Donna (BLHmistress) rated it it was amazing
I just knew when I finished the first book I knew I would love this one just as much as the first. And I was right. It was action packed from the get go and where we were left hanging at the end of book 1, those questions were answered, though we had a wild, crazy ride to get there. I have to be honest I was a bit disappointed with one of the answers. But I still loved this book anyway.

As for the characters, well you all know I just love Stacy, I think even more so in this book, she is so much f
Michelle
Dec 07, 2011 Michelle rated it it was amazing
Bloodstone by Barbra Annino is the second book in the Stacy Justice Mystery Series, picking up where the first book, Opal Fire, left off — and once again, Annino expertly weaves a bewitching tale of mystery, intrigue, and family secrets with a good dose of humor to boot.

Bloodstone begins as Stacy’s allegedly long-lost sister shows up with news that their mother is in danger. Stacy needs to get out from under her aunts’ watchful eyes, so she and her sister move camp to her ex-boyfriend’s place; s
Melanie
Dec 19, 2011 Melanie rated it really liked it
Bloodstone, the second book in the Stacy Justice series starts where Opal Fire left off. A mysterious teenager is on Stacy's doorstep claiming to be her sister.With dealing with her mother's disappearance and keeping a watchful eye on her "sister", Stacy never expected to find a corpse in the kitchen. A family ancestry book holds the key to help Stacy but there's only one problem : the book is missing! She must find that book before it gets in the wrong hands!

Bloodstone is a fun and bewitching a
Samantha
Apr 22, 2015 Samantha rated it it was amazing
  • A Tale of 3 Witches
  • Rock 'n' Roll is Undead (Veronica Mason, #1)
  • The Chronicles of Marr-nia (Short Stories Starring Barbara Marr)
  • Dead Pan (Daphne Martin, #2)
  • A Witch Before Dying (A Wishcraft Mystery, #2)
  • The Ghost Exterminator (Karmic Consultants, #2)
  • Dead Case in Deadwood (Deadwood, #3)
  • Hexes and Hemlines (A Witchcraft Mystery, #3)
  • Pretty Witches All in a Row
  • Charms and Chocolate Chips (A Magical Bakery Mystery, #3)
  • Voodoo Dues (Lian and Figg #1)
  • To Kill A Warlock (Dulcie O'Neil, #1)
Barbra Annino is the author of the Stacy Justice Reluctant Witch Mysteries, The Secret Goddess books, The Everafter trilogy, and other fantasy fiction. Sign up for freebies, exclusive content, release dates, and fun stuff at www.barbraannino.com
More about Barbra Annino...

A Stacy Justice Mystery (8 books)
  • Opal Fire (A Stacy Justice Mystery, #1)
  • A Tale of 3 Witches
  • Tiger's Eye (A Stacy Justice Mystery, #3)
  • Emerald Isle (A Stacy Justice Mystery, #4)
  • Obsidian Curse (A Stacy Justice Mystery, #5)
  • Phantom Quartz (A Stacy Justice Mystery, #6)
  • Geraghty Girls Recipes: food, potions, spells, charms, and stories from the witchy world of Amethyst (The Stacy Justice Series)

“After I slid down the wall for the third time, breaking every single fingernail in the process, I finally figured out that Thor was hollering at me. I turned to see him standing in the bed of the truck. Which, of course, made much more sense, than pretending to be Spiderman.

It's a humbling moment when you realize your dog is smarter than you.”
7 likes