Start by marking “Work Your Wardrobe: Gok's Gorgeous Guide to Style that Lasts” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Work Your Wardrobe: Go...

Gok Wan

Work Your Wardrobe: Gok's Gorgeous Guide to Style that Lasts

Style supremo and every woman's best friend, Gok Wan knows how important it is for a woman to look and feel her best. In his fantastic new style bible Gok breathes new life into your existing wardrobe, showing you how to transform the basics we all have into a fabulous new look. You will love your look without breaking the bank balance.We all want to look and feel great, a ...more
Published October 1st 2009 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published September 1st 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Work Your Wardrobe, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Work Your Wardrobe

Ally
Oct 15, 2010 Ally rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010

"I am fabulous and deserve to look this good." Is Goks mantra for every woman because he really thinks we're worth it.

Gok Wan is a style supremo and every woman'
Maggie
Oct 24, 2015 Maggie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Gok Wan clearly has Marmite similarities. You either love him or you hate him. I'm unfortunately in the latter camp. I hate the way he has more pictures of himself than the clothes. I really hate the way he says "curvy girls" or "juicy girls". All the styles seem to rely on belts or high heels - two of my personal nemeses. The ideas all seem to have a similar feel to them too. Hopefully there is more inspiration further in the book!

There was one chapter which saved this book from a dire 1 star r
Philippa
Jul 28, 2010 Philippa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2010
I think Gok Wan is a wonderful person who always comes across as very genuine and wanting to help people who have trouble with their image, style and self esteem. He has a vibrant personality that just shines on the screen and the page. I found this book really useful to get ideas for wardrobe basics and things I could invest in to update my look. Worth a flick through at the library if nothing else, definitely!
Tracey  Wilde
Jul 05, 2011 Tracey Wilde rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
He does advocate style that lasts and most of the outfits in this book are classic and normal everyday wear but he shows you how to use them as a base and incorporate them into the latest fashion trends without busting your budget !
Annika Lee
I would have given it a higher rating if I read it few years back. The pictures are outdated (to be honest) and all the models are around 30-40 plus whereas I'm just in my 20s. The trend is not what I'm expecting though so I'm quite disappointed with the contents.
Siobhan O' Sullivan
not worth the buy. Gok comes across as really annoying in books and ok on tv.... weird!!
Sanna
Sep 01, 2014 Sanna rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
An okay book, which gave me some ideas. I can see why someone might find his writing style annoying. I think the book needs less pictures of him and more of the clothes he's talking about.
Sue
Mar 22, 2015 Sue rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good pointers and easy to dip into.
Soňa
May 12, 2013 Soňa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
love it, thank you Gok as usually brilliant point of view on how to dress :D
Adele McVay
I LOVE Gok Wan!
Summer
May 15, 2012 Summer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cool book great fashion tips.
Gina
May 25, 2014 Gina rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Needs less pictures of him and more pictures of the items of clothing he is talking about
Julianne
Julianne rated it liked it
Apr 22, 2014
Laurabombora
Laurabombora rated it liked it
Sep 13, 2013
Meredith
Meredith rated it liked it
Mar 30, 2011
Sarah rated it liked it
Mar 15, 2013
Richard Raanes
Richard Raanes rated it really liked it
May 22, 2014
julie hollis
julie hollis rated it it was amazing
Mar 04, 2016
Eimear
Eimear rated it it was amazing
Jun 20, 2013
Helen Jones
Helen Jones rated it really liked it
Aug 11, 2013
Simmy
Simmy rated it liked it
Sep 25, 2012
Summer Whyte
Summer Whyte rated it did not like it
May 05, 2012
TheOnyxx
TheOnyxx rated it really liked it
Dec 14, 2011
Jayne
Jayne rated it really liked it
May 18, 2013
Lauren Biddell
Lauren Biddell rated it liked it
Jul 29, 2012
Daire Paddy
Daire Paddy rated it liked it
Aug 16, 2015
Sara
Sara rated it liked it
Jul 16, 2011
Markee Rambo-hood
Markee Rambo-hood rated it liked it
May 22, 2014
Cara
Cara rated it really liked it
Jun 05, 2010
Sash
Sash rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2014